FM12: Hull City AFC - We all love Cash Converters....

kccircle

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reached -£38m at the January window of 2021/22

As already posted the wage bill was mega and the only way to get the club on a sound financial footing was to offload some of the cream

I'd post a pic or two but Photobucket is down.

I've had to sell Neymar for £21.5m (saving for £135k wages)

Photobucket working now

Finances were all to pot. Image shows what they are now after some player sales

HullBoardroom_Finances-2.png

HullTransfers_History.png

Good job I have a little breathing space at the top. For the record I think we have every chance of winning the league. I just need Munuain fit again

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

Season 2021/22

A return to the Tigers following a few years trotting around the world saw the club I had built up become a financial disaster. Players were over-paid and there was no way the income from a 38k stadium could support this, especially as the club failed to qualify for the Champions League

On the field the team are amazing.

Off the field, despite a mid season fire sale things are still not good.

Champions again

Finances

Squad Picture

World Club list

Meet The Squad

GK: Courtois

DL: Tito

DL: Carlos

DR: Zamorano

DR: Van Der Ven

DC: Ibanez

DC: Rodrigues

DC: Rodriguez

LM: Lamela

LM: Giacomini

RM: Oxlade-Chamberlain

RM: Cota

CM: Rodwell

CM: Carlos Lopez

CM: Angel Luis

CM: Cyzio

CM: Guidicelli

STR: Munuain

STR: Sturridge

STR: Dikmen

STR: Perez

and the star of the show

RobertoGuerrinoScarafoniOverview_Profile.png

ElTigreNews_Inbox-2-1.png

Cannot believe I'm 60 games unbeaten. Safe to say I've won the league again. I'm 3-0 up away in the semi final of the Champs League and in the final of the FA Cup having knocked out Man C whilst having 9 men on the pitch.

I'm still hugely in debt to the tune of £40m but with Champs league and league placing payments to come this should disappear. I've also got £250k in wage payments going to expire soon. I've kids galore so might not replace any.

AIM: New ground and will need £100m in the bank to do it

Got a great save going with this team into my third season now and i've managed to make the premiership! first season i lost in playoff final, second season totally walked away with the league title, now going fairly well in the dream land. My team is as follows...

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson, (Tom Heaton)

Left Back: Greg Cunningham, (Liam Rosenior)

Right Back: John Brayford, (Eric Lichaj)

Centre Back: James Chester, (Miki Roque)

Centre Back: Jack Hobbs, (Scott Wooton)

Defensive Midfielder: Ryan Tunnicliffe, (Chuks Aneke)

Centre Midfield: Tom Cairney, (Radoslaw Majewski, Robert Koren)

Centre Midfield: Henri Lansbury, (Paul Pogba)

Left Winger: Scott Sinclair, (Iago Falque, Jay Simpson, Will Keane)

Right Winger: Adam Hammill, (Cameron Stewart)

Striker: Matty Fryatt, (Chris Wood, Nicky Maynard, Fraizer Campbell)

• 1 month later...

Hull stadium?

Just booted my Tigers save back up. It is bugged to hell with the mess that is the add/remove leagues. I'm in the process of getting 30k players to retire from obscure nations to improve the speed of the save.

I've won the following

2 x Champions League

4 x Premier League

1 x UEFA Cup

2 x World Club Cup

2 x Super Cups

2 x FA Cups

2 x League Cups

2 x Charity Shields

Dean Windass once scored a goal (albeit a good one) to get us into the Premier League

So, when the board announced a new ground I was sure it would be named after me. Not a chance!

ElTigreNews_Inbox-3.png

Season 2023/24

Purely a season of what could/should have been.

My expectations at the start of the season were to finish in the top 2.

I was on course for this for a long time but then my participation in the World Club Cup game me a fixture congestion unlike any other.

Games vs Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man C, Man C and Man U all had one day breaks in between. These games were played in succession too and despite coming into them in great form I lost the lot. This meant I missed out on Champions League and Premier League glory as my squad simply could not cope. I ended up playing players with 70% fitness and other players out of position

HullCityFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

We ended up 4th and will have to qualify for the Champions League via the early rounds.

League Table

GK's Courtois Guillaume Besson

DL Tito Carlos

DR Zamorano van Der Ven

DC's Rodriguez Rodrigues Spitoni Guidicelli

LM's Lamela

CM's da Silva Morales Agbevenor Cyzio

RM's Crljen Patullo Cota

CF's Scarafoni King Moran

A big mention for King who scored over 50 goals in all competitions

Next season I want the league title back and a secondary aim to get the club on a better financial footing

• 1 month later...

Still plodding on with my save.

We have moved into Windass Park with a capacity of 57,000. I'm cash rich once more so immediately asked for it to be increased but my board rejected the query.

I've now won the following

3 x Champions Leagues

1 x UEFA Cup

2 x Club World Cups

3 x Super Cups

6 x Premier Leagues

4 x FA Cups

4 x League Cups

3 x Charity Shields

As a manager I am now in 6th place overall in the Hall of Fame

i have just changed my tactic this season so will see how it does. Previously I have played a 433 narrow formation. I've gone back to wingers with a 4221 set up that has started well. I'm using mixed corners too to add a difficulty notch

You'll be pleased to know that Cairney and Chester are still in my All Time XI.

I will post some pictures of my team at the end of the season, but they are all regens now so it really could be anyone from this stage in.

I've no real desire to start a new game on FM12 so will keep going. Ultimate aim is to get a ground named after me but this would take 20 seasons so my next target would be to jump above Fergie in the hall of fame table

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've struggled to find time to play much FM12 and my career hasn't been too long but I have been able to play again in the last few weeks so I figure I'll post an update now I've finished the 4th season. As a recap, here were my first 3 season results and the latest added in bold:

2011/12: 2nd in Championship (Promoted)

2012/13: 15th in Premier League

2013/14: 8th in Premier League

2014/15: 1st in Premier League

After finishing 8th in the 3rd season I narrowly missed a Uefa Cup spot as West Ham in 7th claimed that. As such I wasn't able to attract any higher quality players in the summer window until Tottenham offered me the 30 year old Brazilian striker Kléber for £1.7m, who they'd signed for £12m two years before and then never used. I snapped him up at that price and then added the German fullback Daniel Schwaab for £6m from Hoffenheim to replace Rosenior at right back. Alejandro Faurlin came later in January of the 4th season to add some extra experience to my centrail midfield pair of O'Hara and Cairney. The rest of my signings for the title winning season were all youth players between 16 - 18, some to go straight in the senior squad as rotation/cover and the younger ones to stay in the U19 squad.

With my squad I lacked top quality wingers so moved away from the 4231 to a 41212, narrow diamond, to focus on my best player Walter Montillo as the AMC in the hole. It worked extremely well as Montillo played all 38 league games getting 11 goals, 21 assists, 12 MoM and an average rating of 7.57 to lead me to victory! Without him I don't think the formation would have been anywhere near as effective, and I'm extremely glad I was able to get him for the bargain price of £2.5m in January of the 3rd season from Arsenal, who'd signed him in the first season for £14m and then deemed him surplus to requirements.

Anyhow, here's the team I won the league with in season 4 with a 41212:

GK: Ben Foster

DR: Daniel Schwaab

DC: Jack Hobbs (Captain)

DC: Richie De Laet

DL: Martin Olsson

DMC: Regen/Youth

MCr: Jamie O'Hara

MCl: Tom Cairney & Alejandro Faurlin

AMC: Walter Montillo - best player (11 goals, 21 assists)

STCr: David Goodwillie - top scorer (13 goals, 10 assists)

STCl: Kléber (10 goals, 6 assists)

Other regulars: John Fleck (MC/AMC), Sebastián Fernández (STC), Johnny Russell (STC) and then several other young regens.

As said, the regular formation was 41212 but I would occasionaly alter it depending on player fitness and opposition tactics, sometimes pushing the DMC up for a 4312 or playing some regen wingers if I felt width was needed.

Of the original Hull players I only found Hobbs and Cairney to be good enough. Hobbs may be slow but with his strong mental attributes he's a rock, and the pace is only occasionally an issue. Cairney is a good rotaion player for central midfield but not quite first choice, I found O'Hara slightly stronger all-round.

Montillo and Kleber could be tough to sign in other saves as I got lucky with them both being offered by their teams after falling out of favour but the rest of my signings should all be buyable regularly with a team of Hull's reputation.

5th Season

Surprisingly after winning the league and getting a Champions League spot the quality of players interested in joining didn't change with my team reputation barely improving. That meant although I got £20m transfer budget and a large wage budget increase I couldn't actually find anyone to sign better than the players I already had! In the end I spent about half of it on more youth players/regens as it seems the best way to improve the squad long-term and is something I've never really done heavily before.

I did, however, sign 2 free transfers:

Frank Lampard (Age 37) on £8k/week wages

Kaká (Age 33) on £60k/week wages

Lampard is old and slow but still has good fitness and stamina with world class technical/mental attributes. He won't play every game but should be greay for key matches in central midlfield, and comes on very low wages. Kaka was released by Real Madrid in the summer and though he's down to 13 accel/pace he's still a top player. I'm paying him quite a bit but hopefully his quality will show, and he's recommended as an ideal role model which should make him a great tutor. My only concern is scouts identifying him as injury prone so it could be an expensive gamble if he spends most of the year injured but it was one I was prepared to take considering he was a free transfer and I couldn't sign any players of his quality the normal way.

The rest of the squad remainds the same but with the addition of more youth players, some of which I'll be giving more first team matches this season as I expect the Champions League will mean more rotation needed alongside league and domestic cup matches.

As my squad is still weaker than the likes of Man City and Chelsea I'm not expecting to win the league again but hoping I can have a good run in Europe and finish top 4 to give me a good chance of signing better players next season.

Finally I'd add that I completely revamped my backroom staff to give 4.5 - 5 star coaches for both the first team and youth team and have 17 scouts all in different regions to look for new, young talent. I upgrade facilities and youth recruitment any chance I get and have had two stadium expansions so far, now at 38,000 all-seater.

As this is the first time I've really had a career focusing on youth development I'm not planning to buy FM13 straight away, hoping to have a good run with this career as kccircle did with his and then switch to FM13 maybe when the final patch has been released for it.

Well done on winning the league and good luck on your entry into the champions league. Signing Lampard and Kaka will be great to bring on those youth players you signed too.

I dug my save out of the recycle bin and won the league again. I fell in the quarters to Athletic Madrid so i've now got something to fight for again. My save is soooo slow though with something like a quarter of a million players in it. im going to sack all the scouts bar one in an effort to speed the game up.

My aim is to now win the league with a wage budget of under £750k per week but I will need to shift a huge amount to get that low

Roll on FM13

Nice one :) How's your restructuring going?

I had a fairly poor season, the matches every saturday - wednesday - saturday - wednesday early on in the year cost me. Finished bottom of my Champions League group (AC Milan thrashed me both times) and finished 6th in the league with an early exit in the League Cup and Quarter Final exit in the FA Cup.

My narrow 41212 from last season just didn't work at all any more, maybe because teams played more cautiously against me. I ended up playing more of a 451/433 mix by the end of the year, going back to two wide players and a lone striker which saw me pick up more wins.

Kaka turned out to be a very poor peice of business - on £60,000 a week he got injured after 37 minutes and was out for the next 5 months. After nursing him back to fitness he got injured again his first match back for another 8 weeks. The guy just dies if he gets tackled hard. He did stay fit for the last 6-7 games of the season but it was too late for an impact by then. Lampard was better, no injury all year and played quite well so I renewed his contract. Much cheaper than Kaka too! I had a few other injury issues through the year, as my top scorer last season (Goodwillie) also picked up a 5-6 month injury at the start of the season. He dropped from 15/15 accel/pace to 12/12 when he returned so that might be him destroyed unless I can get him to regain it.

All in all a disappointing season but I do at least have Uefa Cup matches for next year. Hopefully I can qualify for the main stage of that and have a good run there to boost my reputation.

Time to move on a couple of older players and have a good sort through the youths. Quite a few are turning 18/19 so it's time to either give them first team runs or let them go.

• 1 month later...

Pretty much given up on the save now. Cant recall even booting up the game itself for a few weeks.

I've pre-ordered FM13 and will hopefully get a decent save out of that.

Not sure I have played a 352 / 532 formation before though so will give this some thought on what is needed

Archived