FM12: Hull City AFC - We all love Cash Converters....

kccircle

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Tyler. Whats your ground like?

I have avoided like the plague to pay over £30k up to now, really trying to keep my wage bill down. I too have some good youngsters, however I have been selling a few for profit. Still got six games left of my third season in the prem and hoping for sixth. If I can get the board to increase the capacity again, I may put my rethink about paying people more.

Good progress power. When you won the cup, did your rep go up sufficiently that you could attract much better players?

Should hopefully finish my 3rd season in the prem tonight, currently pushing for a euro spot in the league and dare I believe that I can mantain a push for the champs league spot. Doubt it like.

yes, it did, i can sign most top players now, balotelli wanted to come but wanted stupid wages so i pulled out

Well done Tyler. Whats your ground like?

I have avoided like the plague to pay over £30k up to now, really trying to keep my wage bill down. I too have some good youngsters, however I have been selling a few for profit. Still got six games left of my third season in the prem and hoping for sixth. If I can get the board to increase the capacity again, I may put my rethink about paying people more.

I think the expansion cap is 38.000, I'll look into the editor. Because I had an avg. at. of 37.9xx last season and I cant expand, only buy the stadium and that would be a waist of money. I'm better off building a new one.

As for my wage budget, I was ranked 15th with the Salary per anum. statistics last season, this one is over so I cant view it. But I'm pretty sure I'm not even in the top7 by now. I still dont spend that much on wages.

I currently have 50m sitting in my bank. The profit last season was 33m, and I had spent 44m in transfers...

Id be surprised that the expansion capacity is 38k - I had the ground at 50+ in FM11

For the record - Ive just been promoted to the Premier League - came up via the back door having struggled to finish in 6th place in the NPC. Beat Ipswich over two legs (as I did in FM11) and beat Southampton in the final to gain my place in the Premier League.

AIM: stay up - I will post some screenies later on

Season 2012/13

I never expected promotion this season and with my team of loanees and youthful players I will definitely need another recruitment strategy for the Premier League

I finished 6th and only just at that

LeagueTable-5.jpg

At the start of the season my aim was to buy lots of young players with the aim of selling one or two for profit at the end of the season.

Transfers-8.jpg

BestXI-1.jpg

well done tyler and kccircle!

yeah my stadium is 38k, but i now have 5 star training facilities, upgraded the youth facilities twice, upgraded training, board bought the stadium.

Have around 35 million in the bank with 30m still to spend and 600k salary wages (of which i have 200k spare)

Well thats my third season in the prem over. Finished 7th, which was actually a bit dissapointing. I was 3rd coming to the end of Feb and then my team decided to forget how to defend.

englishpremierdivisiono.png

By richieh1981 at 2011-11-24

Made some big improvements for next season. Got Jordan henderson on a free and missed out on Jack Wilshire who went on a free to Everton. Was gutted I didn't get wilshire, especially since 7th got me in the euro cup. And, although my defense was very good until the end of Feb, I have changed my CB's, Hobbs is now a sub and I sold Huth my player of the season, which did not go down well. However I got Coates from Liverpool for 3.3m who should win most headers and paid £10m for Danny Wilson who was at West Ham. Hoping to push up a bit this season and I want to win a cup!!!

Just took what I see as a small punt with Ashley Cole and Daniel Sturridge, got them both on a free. Paying Cole £30k a week for one season, however have some very good young full backs and hoping a season of him tutoring each one should be good.

Giving Sturridge £50k a week!! Was a bit unsure but needed soemone to compete and he was a free. I have restricted it to two years though, so if he doesn't work out can get rid.

In my preparation for a first bash at the Premier League I have spent as much as I could get my hands on

SummerTransfers.jpg

Im quite happy at the prospect of the forward three of Hoilett, Saviola and Mouche.

Also quite happy at the purchase of Jordan Spence who comes highly rated.

Hopefully the experience of Wayne Bridge can rub off on one or two and I quite like the energy Barry Bannan shows.

We will get hammered some weeks, but if I can stay up I will be more than happy

Haha I have to share this one with you guys. This was the third time that my key got injured on int. duty and he has only been inj. a total of 4 times in his career so I was getting pissed off that the Danish national team. I suggested him to retire as a joke, ive never used this option before. And he did! at 21! I was so pleased and surprised at the same time!

retire.jpg

retire1.jpg

retire2.jpg

I keep getting offered jobs - no idea why as Im rooted to the bottom of the Premier League

So far Villa, West Ham and Denmark have offered me a job.

Chelsea and Everton were interested but I put the block on those. Now Liverpool.

One day i might do a journeyman save and see where it takes me - ive still to see how you add/remove leagues at the end of the season though

Hiya decided to start a new game with Hull here is my transfers in and out

Transfers In

Thomas Cruise - Free

Sone Aluko - Free

Sammy Ameobi - Loan

Stuart Parnaby - Free

Patrick Nzuzi - Free

Arni Gautur Arason - Free

Damilola Ajabe - Free

Augustin Battipiedi - Free

Dean Bouzanis - Free

Louis Storey - Free

Matty Mainwaring - Free

Oman Beckless - Free

Matthew Saunders - Free

James Gray - Free

David Joyce - Free

Vincent Pericard - Free

Simon Cox - Free

Hicham Abdellah - Free

Josh Swann - Free

Nathan Dean - Free

Warren McBean - Free

Adam Pepper - Free

Damian Casalinuovo - Free

Jlloyd Samuel - Free

Mihael Kovacevic - Free

Jamil Adam - Free

Dave Parton - Free

Pierre Wome - Free

Olivier Kapo - Free

Stephen Jordan - Free

Haruna Babangida - Free

Jase Griffiths - Free

Kelvin Etuthu - Free

Yann Nsuku - Free

Olivier Nicholas - Free

Marco Materazzi - Free

Estaban Lopez - Free

Ryan France - Free

Stephen Loboue - Free

James Beattie - Free

Bradley Orr - 1m over 48 monthes

Danny Webber - Free

Total Fees Spent - 1m

Transfers Out

Richard Garcia, Dele Adebola, Nick Barmby and literally all my youth team released

Andy Dawson - 500K

James Harper - 350k

Paul McKenna - Loan

Robert Koren - 1m

Liam Rosenior - 1.9m

Matty Fryatt - 1.1m

Total Fees Recieved - 4.9m

Just won my first league game away to Southampton 3-2, goals coming from Kapo,Hobbs and Ameobi.

Yeah cheers mate I wanted to get rid of the greedy injury prone older players and bring in a bit more squad depth, signed 2 more young players on frees, they were called Boris Nikoa and Remi Elissalde who are worth looking at if you are starting a new Hull City game,

Here is my results since I started my season

Beat Morecombe at home 2-0 in the League Cup 1st Round with a double from Hobbs,

Beat Bristol City away 1-0 with a goal coming from impressive loanee Sammy Ameobi,

Lost my first game of the season 3-0 away to Doncaster Rovers,

Bounced back with a home victory in the League Cup 2nd Round over AFC Bornemouth with goals coming from Cairney, Ameobio again and Haruna Babangida,

Beat Cardiff City 4-2 at home with goals coming from Babangida, Cowie own goal, and 2 from Ameobi,

Biggest victory so far was a 7-0 away thrashing of Reading with a hattrick from Kovacevic and a hattrick from Babangida and a solo goal from Cairney.

Im just useing a normal 4-4-2 formation with great success.

Just thought Id update everyone with how Im getting on, heres the latest results,

Beat Leeds away 4-2 with goals coming from Cairney, Babangida, Kapo, Hobbs,

Drew at home 2-2 with Notts Forest with goals coming from McLean and Babangida,

Drew at home 0-0 with Pompey,

Drew 3-3 at home with Leicester with goals coming from Babangida, Brady and Ameobi,

Drew 1-1 at home with Ipswich with Hobbs getting my goal,

Drew away 1-1 with Crystal Palace with Kapo scoring,

Lost away to Newcastle 3-1 in the League Cup 4th Round with Hobbs getting my solo goal,

Beat Brighton away 3-2 with McLean scoring 2 and a Hanlon own goal,

Beat Watford at home 2-0 with McLean and Cory Evans scoring the goals,

Drew away 2-2 with Blackpool with goals coming from Cairney and Hobbs,

Drew at home 2-2 against Middlesbrough with McLean scoring again and Cassalinuovo.

Yeah cheers Tyler, Ive hit a bit of bad form recently, here is my results since I last posted

Lost 6-2 away to Peterborough with Kapo and Olofinjana scoring for me,

Beat Birmingham at home 3-0 with goals from Brady, Stewart and Hobbs,

Drew away to Leeds 2-2 with Hobbs and Ameobio scoring,

Lost 2-0 at home to Derby,

Lost 1-0 at home to West Ham,

Beat Millwall away 1-0 with Hobbs scoring again,

Beat Coventry at home 2-0 with Brady and Kapo scoring,

Beat Burnley away 2-1 with McShane and a Miles Addison own goal,

Lost at home to Burnley 4-2 with Kapo and Cairney scoring,

Lost at home 4-1 to Southampton with Chester scoring the consilation goal,

Lost away 2-1 to Bristol City with Brady scoring,

Drew away 1-1 with Cardiff in the FA Cup 5th Round with McLean scoring,

Next two games are Cardiff in the FA Cup 5th Round replay and a league game against Cardiff lol.

Signed Jordan Rhodes for 1m and also signed Robbie Brady for 1m, I sold Olofinjana for 150k.

Hi All

Firstly let me say what a great thread. Been unable to get into a save and this thread has given me the nouse to start a Hull game.

Like all, the first thing to do was reduce the wages. Mutually terminted Steve Walsh and Nick Barmby, offered Dawson, Koren, Harper for transfer and terminated Gulasci and Waghorn's loan deals. I then edited the wage budget to £144k so had about 30k to play with. I then added 9 players to the squad and then hope to do some more business in the January window.

FM-transfers.jpg

Season has started well, winning every single game!!

FM-fixtures.jpg

Gioda is absolutely immense at the back. Only conceded one goal and he's hit 10 in 10!! Re-training Mouche to play AML as I only play one up front, he's played 9, scored 4, 5 assists and has an average rating of 7.94.

Will update as I go.

Good luck all

Just thought Id update everyone with how Im getting on.

Lost at home 4-1 in the FA Cup 5th Round replay to Cardiff with Kenny Miller own goal being my consolation goal,

Drew 2-2 away to Cardiff with Rhodes and McShane scoring,

Drew 1-1 at home with Reading with Babangida getting the equaliser for me after trailing 1-0 most of the game,

Beat Doncaster at home 3-0 with Cairney, Rhodes and Abdellahoue scoring.

Hows everyone getting on with their game, Im 8th in the league at the moment, heres my latest results.

Lost away 3-1 to Ipswich with Abdellaoue scoring my consolation goal,

Beat Notts Forrest at home 1-0 with Hobbs scoring,

Lost away 2-1 to Portsmouth with Abdellaoue scoring for me,

Drew 1-1 away to Leicester with Hobbs scoring in the very last minute,

Beat Crystal Palace 4-0 at home with Brady getting 2, Kapo and Abdelloue scoring,

Beat Brighton at home 2-1 with Rhodes and Cairney scoring,

Drew away to Watford 2-2 with Babangida and Brady scoring,

Drew at home 2-2 with Blackpool with a Cairney double,

Lost 3-2 away to Middlesbrough with Cairney scoring again and Babangida scoring.

Drew 0-0 at home with Peterborough.

@ Ronaldo - nice one on 8th place - where in the season are you?

@ Messham - thats an amazing start - well done - Ive got Mouche in my squad in the Premier League - he has pace to burn

Ive one game left of my season so update to follow soon

Ive just finished my first season as Hull and had a terrible end of season I ended up 15th in the end,

I lost away to Birmingham 3-2 with Kapo and Chester scoring,

Beat Leeds at home 2-1 with Hobbs and Cairney scoring,

Lost away 3-2 to Derby with a Legzdins own goal and Cairney scoring,

Lost 2-0 away to West Ham,

Lost away 1-0 to Coventry,

Lost 3-2 to Barnsley at home with McShane and Ameobi scoring,

Lost at home 1-0 to Millwall,

Lost 1-0 away to Burnley,

Not happy after the decent start but hopefully can mount a serious challenge next year.

Season 2013/14

This season was my first in the Premier League following my promotion last season via the play offs. My aim at the start was to avoid relegation and this proved a struggle for the first half of the season. Then around Xmas something clicked. We went on a run that took me by surprise and up the league table we went.

Fixtures1.jpg

The above screenie shows how we struggled. As most of us do I moved from formation to formation in order to find some form. I played 3, 2 and 1 up front at times. In the end i settled for a 442 and something clicked

Fixtures2.jpg

The second half of the season saw much improved form. We had some amazing results over the season and the following were the best of a great bunch

Sunderland H

Manchester City H

Liverpool H

Fulham A

Chelsea H

Chelsea A

Our final league table finish of 8th place saw us qualify for Europe.

I bought a huge amount of players at the start of the season as i knew the team that took me up was not good enough.

My best players were

Cairney

Mouche

Saviola

Hoilett

Keita

Tae-Hee

and

James Chester - ok, ok - he corner banged for fun. I needed that as i would have been relegated. When I become stronger I plan to remove this from my tactic.

Here is my full first team squad

As for finances - we were in a good way until I got this message.

My aims for next season are to recruit a Left Winger, Left Back, Goalkeeper and an offensive Central Midfielder.

hey guys another update. won the PRM and was a runner up in the Championship. Think I'm gonna go for 2 more season and see if the board actually wants to build a new stadium, if not ill probably roll with FC United and bring them to the PRM.

What makes this so boring is that my youths aren't worth anything. 10 years into the game and I've not even had one player worthy on my sub bench. It sucks. And yes, I always improve the recruitment and facilities when that option is available.

anyway screenshots:

table-1.jpg

squad-1.jpg

wins.jpg

money.jpg

well its taken me some time to get the game but at last i can start playing as Hull once more, so far looks like a tough challange, currently sat 1st in the CH after 5 games but injuries are mounting up, however 15 for 4 against in 5 games will do me nicely, so far ive bought in Joe Holt, James Beattie, Alex Tuninetti, Andrea Gaspari, Luigi Turbacci and Ahmed Soukouna all on frees, Glenn Loovens from celtic for 180k and Stephen Dobbie for 400k ln fee, i managed to sell James Harper for 240k, and Ghilas for 350k, i also released Waghorn back, i had played around with the first 3/4 months on another save just to test who was worth keeping etc, everyone seems to say get Gulacsi out as hes an 8k bench warmer ive found not only has he kept Basso out of the first team hes getting plaudits left right and center

Just recieved an update from the staff, Nick Barmby feels that Nick Barmbys training progress has been hindered by his recent Injury recovery....well im sure he would know best >_<

• 4 weeks later...

End of Season 2: 2012-2013

As this thread has gone ages without an update I'll do one for my save, which I've continued after a bunch of time without playing. Will keep this one brief: survived the first season in the Premier League, quite comfortably despite only 38 points as the 5 teams below me were awful. I started well but struggled for goals by the end of the season... something that needs fixing. First half was better, sitting 11th, but dropped back to 15th by the end.

endtablez.jpg

endsquad.jpg

A large squad after promotion as I kept most for cover and brought in quite a few new players. I have more than I need so I expect quite a big overhaul in the summer. Older players are going with contracts expiring and the mediocre players not of squad quality will be sold. I'd rather have developing youngsters as cover. Will try to bring in some quality players in key positions and improve that goal tally.

The stadium has just been bought so it's all ours but the board won't extend yet: will ask again after the new budget is set. Training facilities are being upgraded over the summer which should help signing new players.

Got my scouting system in place across key countries and I have a long list of potential signings to work on. Coaching staff more or less set too, though I have a 3 star I need to change and I'll be putting a new Assistant Manager in place for next season.

All in all a comfortable if unexciting first season back in the top flight but it gave me the basis to build for the future. Seedorf was fun to watch too, even if he is slow now.

• 4 weeks later...

I started my current season in December it seems and am close to finishing it. Safe to say FM12 has not been flavour of the month for me.

I might have an update to come tomorrow but it would be great if one or two others posted about how they were doing.

I have just won the UEFA cup beating Juventus 5-1 in the final. This comes on the back of losing in the FA cup to Sunderland the week before with us coming back from 2-0 down to equalise only to suffer a late winner for the Mackems at the death. In the league I think I will finish in 7th so a slight improvement on last season.

Update to follow soon

Season 2014/15

As mentioned I finished in 7th at the end. This was one place above my 8th place the season before.

Our season ended up with an FA Cup final loss and a UEFA Cup win.

Of the initial City contingent Cairney has been fantastic. Chester, Dudgeon, Brady and Evans are still featuring to some extent.

Some of the bigger names to play their part were Asenjo, Adebayor, Burdisso, Hoilett and Adam Johnson. I also picked up Sissoko, Tae-Hee and Spence quite cheaply too.

As for the youngsters, then I picked up a fair few who might be stars in years to come: Carlos, Coppola, FAbio, Macheda, Mouche, Juan Carlos amongst others

Money is ok with c£20m in the bank

Aim next season is to defend my UEFA Cup and get into the Champions League

I have made the fatal mistake of selling two of my best players and replacing them with youthful wonderkids. Sure, they will be good in time but it is now that I am struggling.

I have oodles of cash in the bank so plan to splash out on some proven talent in January (if I get there)

For the record I sold Burdisso and Hoilett for a combined £27m

Well I'm enjoying my first good game on this. I'm in January of the first season and cruelly denied a League Cup final (conceded an injury time equaliser at Wolves in the semi-final first leg and conceded an extra time injury time winner in the second leg), now I'm worried my league form is going to bring me the sack. I told the board to expect promotion but despite going over budget on wages, I've been sitting just outside the play-off zone all season.

I think when I inevitably start a new save, I should start with mid-table expectations and get a season out of the existing squad. Has anyone taken that approach? It's hard to hit the ground running with the injuries, loans out, and over-budget you start the game with. Having patience to wait for these things to sort themselves out I imagine will put you in a much stronger position for the end of the first season and the second season. I'd want to move on most of the squad but could probably get one season's use out of the oldies Barmby, McKenna, Adebola, Garcia and Kilbane. Mclean, Fryatt and Hobbs have fatal flaws but perform well enough in the short term. The overpaid McShane and Olofinjana are hard to get rid of in the first season as they start with injuries. The kids like Stewart and Evans probably won't cut it but you can probably get a fee for them if selling after a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to win the league with City. Enjoying the game so much more now I upgraded my laptop. Going to give it one more season (in Champs League) before I will start to load in a couple of leagues at a time and move off on a tangent to win a competition on each continent. Already started with an International theme having taken Mexico to a Gold Cup win. I will stick with them until a World Cup as they have some real talent.

btw Won the league with Brady and Chester in the squad and ground is now 38,000 all seater

I've had a few goes at this now and the same thing seems to happen each time: season starts fairly well then the team has a dip and their morale plummets and I give up by January 2012! I do think that selling Dawson, Harper, Rosenior, Koren and probably Fryatt immediately is the best way to go if you want a good budget.

I'll have a go with the new patch now.

Much more depth to the squad now in the 12.2.0 patch! And if you terminate Gulacsi's loan you should be about on budget too without having to sell.

Looking at the squad's balance, you're lacking wide midfielders but have plenty of pacy forwards (if not that talented) so a narrow formation like 4-3-3 or 4-3-2+a DM or AM seems obvious, possibly playing deep to minimise the vulnerability out wide and on the break to capitalise on your forwards' speed.

Season 2017/18

Earlier in this season I made a concious decision to move this game to a continental challenge by winning a league in each continent.

I figured I had taken City as far as I could at this stage having won the league the season previously.

Season 2017/18 was a struggle though. I spent most of it between 3rd and 6th, finishing 4th in the end.

In the Champions League I waltzed the group stages before drawing Barcelona in the knockout. We were away in the first leg but left with a 0-6 victory - probably my greatest win ever on FM.

In the next leg we drew Arsenal and despite losing 1-2 away I was confident of getting through. However, an early red card proved too much as we went down 3-1 in the home leg.

In January I picked up Rodwell. He cost me a packet at £27m but seemed the best player in his position available to me and being cash rich it only dented my finances. In addition, I picked up Oxlade-Chamberlain for £2m at the start of the season - what a steal!!

With Mexico I managed to get knocked out of the World Cup in the group stages having drawn to Wales.

At the end of the season I had a decision to make. I removed all of the non-league divisions and loaded up India and Australia in readiness for a crack abroad. However, finishing 4th seemed the wrong time to leave so I spalshed out £20m on a Regen Left Back, £30m on Muniain and picked up Eriksen on a free. When I get another right back I think the squad is a title contender so will take one more season to nail the champions league before heading abroad.

Stadium is 38k now and from this thread this seems the largest it will get. Perhaps another title will see it named after me???????????

Promoted at the first attempt using the 12.2.0 patch and using the starting squad. When my budget increased in January I signed a few players on loan just to ease injury situations, but generally my team, playing 4-3-3, was: Mannone; Rosenior, Chester, Hobbs, Dawson/Dudgeon; Evans/McKenna, Koren/Cairney, Harper; Cullen, Fryatt, Mclean/Simpson. Was in the top 3 all season and just got over the finishing line in 2nd. Amazingly my reserves won 4-1 away to Manchester City in the FA Cup Quarter Final, but lost to Bolton in the semi.

I'm going to need a big budget for the Premiership because I'm barely left with a team! Dawson, Harper, Kilbane, Garcia, Basso, Mannone and my other loan signings will be gone, leaving me with 15 players (and McShane and Ghilas coming back). I'll want to sell some of those too.

Just had this

ElTigreNews_Inbox.png

Not the best news, especially as I am 8 points clear in the Premier League, in the final of the League Cup, still in the knockout stages of the Champions League and through to the 5th round of the FA Cup.

I have resigned as manager of Hull City having won the quadruple in my last season. I won the Champions League by beating Barcelona 5-0 in the final.

I left with the club having £138m in the bank in addition to now owning the ground. They have a nucleus of players that should see them win everything for the next few seasons as all players bar a couple are age 24 or under. If I get chance to take a few screenshots later I will do

My next step is either in S Africa or India, two leagues I opened up last season.

• 3 weeks later...

I've come back to the club having found life in the wilderness unfulfilled.

The club are in ruins financially though which is really disappointing. The managers after me have spent a ridiculous amount of money on wages and players. I now have 5 players on in excess of £100k per week and the £138m i left them with has been replaced with a £8m deficit

HullBoardroom_Finances.png

HullCitySquad_Players.png

Archived