2 tactics to conquer your league and CL on 8.0.2 (4-4-2 and Counter)

Great tactics. I tried them out for my Nottingham forest team in championship. Drew first 3 matches until I realized the defenders were defending too deep. The opposing midfielders are taking advantage of the gap between midfield and defence to make through passes. Happens when the closing down and defence line is too far apart. Kept on winning after pushing the defence line up.

Thanks.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by polat_dgn:

And in both tacs, choose your left CB from your defenders with the best header and jumping stats to score from corners and freekicks . icon_smile.gif

yeah, wtf is with that? Sakho was my 2nd top scorer last season. He got something ridiculous like 17 goals in the German League (all headers from corners) and like 30+ overall.

In my second season using this tactic he's already scored 5 goals in the first two league games lol!

Kinda new to tactics... isn't it best to just stick to 1 tactic so your players get used to it? If so which tactic is most people having success with?

Will try this out with my forest side soon, can't wait, certainly got good feedback so far icon_smile.gif

Have to say im very impressed! when i first looked i has my suspicions about whether or not his would work but just played my first game with Stafford Rangers using this and tactic and won 7-1!

Admittedly i was favourite for the game but it was away from home and i haven't scored more than 3 before in 30 previous games!

Cheers for the tactic!

I have been playing with using multiple tactics on my game based on the match odds. As I run 2 managers in the same game I thought I would give these tactics a go to compare against mine.

In my leading premiership team I am unbeaten using your tactics as stated. I do have problems holding onto a lead in important away matches, in fact I have draw every away European game so far. I played 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1 with that team for some time, so they were used to these formations and so had no settling time.

I recommend the tactics to anyone with a good or better team in their league.

I have noticed that my 2 central midfielder players, who were the stars of my old tactic, rarely achieve higher than a 7 with the 4-4-2 tactic, they are most often on a 6 for most of the game. I have yet to highlight the problem here, both have 15 creativity and are world class in my humble opinion. I am watching the team stats as well as the full game and will see if I can find out why.

Q. Is this what you see from your two midfielders on the 4-4-2?

On the 4-1-4-1 counter attack i see a problem with my forward getting caught off side a lot, if this happens, do lower his mentality a few notches and he should beat that off side trap. The suggestion on defensive line also helps bridge the gap between your midfield and defence.

Based on the results with the premiership team I have tried them with my lowly placed Championship side, predicted to just avoid relegation. Instantly my results improved, I won the first few games, but after that I am on a massive run of draws with the occasional loss. I will stay with them for a while longer to see what happens when the team gets used to the tactics. Morale is also a problem, so the run is not representative as of yet.

Both teams are based on speed as the key, so should suit these roles.

Can I strongly recommend that you pull the player into the standard positions on the list. this allows you to swap between the tactics mid game. As they stand at the moment, the DL and DR swap positions as do the Striker and AML. It is also confusing for thickheads like me to have the Striker as the second player on the pull down list.

I always try and format my player positions on the list the same, this allows seamless tactic switching mid game and would recommend this for any one else.

Originally posted by The Lambs:

I have noticed that my 2 central midfielder players, who were the stars of my old tactic, rarely achieve higher than a 7 with the 4-4-2 tactic, they are most often on a 6 for most of the game. I have yet to highlight the problem here, both have 15 creativity and are world class in my humble opinion. I am watching the team stats as well as the full game and will see if I can find out why.

Q. Is this what you see from your two midfielders on the 4-4-2?

If you can, put your best attacker into the right CM slot, thats the key, mate. I put Silva there and he gets always 8 and often 9 because he has a great dribbling stat which makes him run to the goal and make long shots, great passing which creates countless assists. Of course not all of you have top players like Silva but what i mean, put your best attacker there, if he is not a CM, retrain him to that position.

Brilliant. I have a player to fit the bill.

What is the best front pairing to use.

1 big and strong + 1 fast

2 X fast

2 X big and strong

What about centre backs??? general players or both quick or both 6ft7 monsters?

Currently 5-0 up at half time in first game using this after trying load sof tactics in my last 5 or 6 lague games

Originally posted by robertgee:

Brilliant. I have a player to fit the bill.

What is the best front pairing to use.

1 big and strong + 1 fast

2 X fast

2 X big and strong

What about centre backs??? general players or both quick or both 6ft7 monsters?

Currently 5-0 up at half time in first game using this after trying load sof tactics in my last 5 or 6 lague games

i recommend 2x fast ST

No special advise about CBs. icon_biggrin.gif but of course, they should have good anticipation, concentration, positioning, marking and tackling.

Originally posted by rick111:

counter tactic not working for my Lorca team. Home or away against easy or hard opposition.

one size does not fit all, but I thought I'd let you know

Cheers

Ryan

Why do you use it against easy opposition?

Ok, Here are some results :

Cadiz 2-1 Cordoba

Sevilla Atletico 0-1 Cadiz

Cadiz 3-1 Las Palmas

Cadiz 1-0 Real Socieadad (good match,many chances)

Numancia 2-2 Cadiz (Some players suspended and injured)

Elche 1-1 Cadiz

Cadiz 4-2 Malaga (the best match so far with this tactic)

I think The 4-1-4-1 is better tactic .(I think lol)

So far so good its the best tactic i've used so far.

I provide more result soon!

Thank you for awsome tactic.

I just beat liverpool in FA cup 3-2.

Do you think I can use the same tactic for next season too?

Since I have not many good players for my Leeds united team, I should keep use this tactic until I get more transfer funds from a board.

Originally posted by jeune5:

Thank you for awsome tactic.

I just beat liverpool in FA cup 3-2.

Do you think I can use the same tactic for next season too?

Since I have not many good players for my Leeds united team, I should keep use this tactic until I get more transfer funds from a board.

Well mate i have been using these for 2 seasons, no problem so far... Since you use 2 tacs together, AI cant seem to produce counter tacs as the time passes icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Polat

Can I ask... how often do you tend to use the 4 4 2 tactic? I am using the counter tactic at the mo and it's working wonders... but I've played the 4 4 2 tactic and I got destroyed even though I was favourite.. should I stick with the counter or give the 4 4 2 more of a run of games?

Your advice?

Thanks mate icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Coxy100:

Hi Polat

Can I ask... how often do you tend to use the 4 4 2 tactic? I am using the counter tactic at the mo and it's working wonders... but I've played the 4 4 2 tactic and I got destroyed even though I was favourite.. should I stick with the counter or give the 4 4 2 more of a run of games?

Your advice?

Use the 4-4-2 when you are clear favourites, mate like 1.8 to 3.5 for example.. If you are slight favourites like 2.2 to 2.6, do not risk it unless you must go out there to win. Or if you dont have any aim to remain unbeaten and like adventure, use 4-4-2 every time icon_smile.gif Thats quality attacking tacs.

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coxy100:

Hi Polat

Your advice?

Use the 4-4-2 when you are clear favourites, mate like 1.8 to 3.5 for example.. If you are slight favourites like 2.2 to 2.6, do not risk it unless you must go out there to win. Or if you dont have any aim to remain unbeaten and like adventure, use 4-4-2 every time icon_smile.gif Thats quality attacking tacs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry... what does 1.8 to 3.5 etc mean? Do you mean when the media says who is the favourite for match?

For my next match my odds are 13-8... so not sure how it relates?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

@polat_dgn

When playing as one of the top four (Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal) in the premiership would you say that it would be best to use the 442 against everybody home and away except for the other 3 of the top four because presumably you would always be favourites or do the favourites rules still apply to these clubs?

Just something I was wondering about.

Originally posted by CREW:

@polat_dgn

When playing as one of the top four (Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal) in the premiership would you say that it would be best to use the 442 against everybody home and away except for the other 3 of the top four because presumably you would always be favourites or do the favourites rules still apply to these clubs?

Just something I was wondering about.

Yes mate definitely as you say. But of course for example if you are Arsenal and playing against Tottenham away, playing with Counter could be a good choice..

Originally posted by jsheard:

Hi polat_dgn, i am loving this tactic but i do have a query. The two strikers are set to very different mentalities so i was wondering what type of striker you would recommend for each position.

Both fast strikers would be my recommendation, mate. The reason i set one of strikers' mentality to defensive was to make him stay a little back so that he could join the game more often, disorder his marker's positioning and create the other ST make runs to the space behind him .

I posted earlier on in this tactic about how I played the counter tactic as Chelsea in a test against Man Utd and lost badly but I now think that this was nothing but a fluke game as I played the same tactic as Newcastle at Old Trafford and WON 4 - 0! WOW.

I was leading the prem for a while as Newcastle too but then got too cocky and started using the 442 in situations where I should have used the counter. Then I had a major problem, I had to switch off my computer while my game was saving and this has corrupted my Newcastle savegame icon_frown.gif

I therefore think that with a bit more common sense it may be possible to win the premiership first season as Newcastle with therse tactics.

One thing though, if you had to say what type of centre backs would you recommend? Pacey man markers like Puyol who aren't really good in the air or tall, strong ones like Vidic and Ferdinand?

I only ask because at Newcastle I bought Kompany and Felipe. Felipe, who was better in the air seemed to do better than Kompany who got caught out now and again.

Originally posted by CREW:

I posted earlier on in this tactic about how I played the counter tactic as Chelsea in a test against Man Utd and lost badly but I now think that this was nothing but a fluke game as I played the same tactic as Newcastle at Old Trafford and WON 4 - 0! WOW.

I was leading the prem for a while as Newcastle too but then got too cocky and started using the 442 in situations where I should have used the counter. Then I had a major problem, I had to switch off my computer while my game was saving and this has corrupted my Newcastle savegame icon_frown.gif

I therefore think that with a bit more common sense it may be possible to win the premiership first season as Newcastle with therse tactics.

One thing though, if you had to say what type of centre backs would you recommend? Pacey man markers like Puyol who aren't really good in the air or tall, strong ones like Vidic and Ferdinand?

I only ask because at Newcastle I bought Kompany and Felipe. Felipe, who was better in the air seemed to do better than Kompany who got caught out now and again.

Mate, my CBs are Raul Albiol and Barzagli, both are not so fast but good in air and strong. Choose your defenders from players with tackling, marking, positioning, concentration, anticipation all better than at least 16. As far as i know, Kompany is not good enough defensively. Pace is not a problem to think about for CBs. Not at all..

Originally posted by I-Mac52:

Hey guys, Playing as Caley Thistle loving this tactic but finding that im loosing alot of goals, defence not great any suggestions on how i can tighten this up!

Great Tactic though

Well mate, i can only say that try to buy more quality defenders. icon_smile.gif Since i dont play with Lower league teams, i am afraid i dont have any knowledge of which players you can sign, loan etc.

I'm forest in my third season now and got to the premiership... obviously I am using the counter tactic at all times coz my team is crap, but I am shipping loads of goals from corners... is this happening with anyone else? Any advice?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Coxy100:

I'm forest in my third season now and got to the premiership... obviously I am using the counter tactic at all times coz my team is crap, but I am shipping loads of goals from corners... is this happening with anyone else? Any advice?

Thanks!

Thats the corner exploit of 8.0.2, mate.

Polat Polat Polat polat POLAT polat...... !!!!!!

u ARE da SAVIOUR !!!!!!

Always struggle to get consistency in patch 8.0.2 until i found u !!

GOT 2 premiership champions in a row with you supertuber tactics (both home and away) n unbeaten in season 11/12 !!

Currently on a 70 matches unbeaten RUN (still going!!!)

70matchesunbeatenjy2.th.png [/img]

JUST wanna thank u infinity time.

Cheers !

Absolutely sensational tactic. Well done.

One thing though, and it's a strange one...

At randon points throughout my matches my left centreback swaps positions with my right striker and I have to go into the tactics screen to change them back. Very annoying and it also leaves me vulnerable at times as it takes time to implement the change if highlights are already playing.

Anyone have any idea what's up??

Forget my previous post. I checked player instructions and for some reason my striker had been instructed to swap witht the centreback?? weird as I did not do it. Must have been a mistake on the downloaded tactic.

Oh well, it's all good now.

Fantastic thread. Great when so much detail is placed in a tactic for us all to get to grips with it. I see you signed Aguero, I had to pay £41m for him with Chelsea! Wouldn't accept less. Gonna try it with Chelsea. Doing a test league then will play with Atletico.

Originally posted by CAnthe:

Polat Polat Polat polat POLAT polat...... !!!!!!

u ARE da SAVIOUR !!!!!!

Always struggle to get consistency in patch 8.0.2 until i found u !!

GOT 2 premiership champions in a row with you supertuber tactics (both home and away) n unbeaten in season 11/12 !!

Currently on a 70 matches unbeaten RUN (still going!!!)

70matchesunbeatenjy2.th.png [/img]

JUST wanna thank u infinity time.

Cheers !

mate, thats a great record icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Golden28:

Forget my previous post. I checked player instructions and for some reason my striker had been instructed to swap witht the centreback?? weird as I did not do it. Must have been a mistake on the downloaded tactic.

Oh well, it's all good now.

Mate,in 4-4-2, in the player instructions of the strikers, they swap positions. i hope you didnt disable it, it is useful because it makes it harder to man mark for the opp. defenders.

Just played my first few games with these tactics and won 4 out of 4 so far tho I have conceded a few goals more than expected!!! Will this just be because of who I was playing Portsmouth, Liverpool were main 2!!! Also I still wonder if my team instructions are slightly wrong if its possible to see ur screen shots of your team instructions polat that wud be great. Cheers mate for the post seems to be working well so far.

Originally posted by reo19uk:

Just played my first few games with these tactics and won 4 out of 4 so far tho I have conceded a few goals more than expected!!! Will this just be because of who I was playing Portsmouth, Liverpool were main 2!!! Also I still wonder if my team instructions are slightly wrong if its possible to see ur screen shots of your team instructions polat that wud be great. Cheers mate for the post seems to be working well so far.

Mate currently i am at work, my laptop is at home icon_biggrin.gif so i cant post screnshots BUT i dont think your team instructions are wrong because i didnt make any changes to the tacs since i post them here, they should be the same as you download it.

I've gotta hand it to you, the 451 tactic is working wonders. Tried out the 442 one in a match where I was a clear favourite and playing at home, but I was beaten 3-1 by a team I was supposed to demolish. So I'm sticking with the counter tactic, and hopefully it will save the face of my Leeds team icon_smile.gif

Archived