2 tactics to conquer your league and CL on 8.0.2 (4-4-2 and Counter)

1st result, Im QPR. The tactic i used is in brackets.

QPR 3 - 0 Sheff UTD (Counter) - AWAY

Should of been more, Anichebe missed a penalty for his 4th.

Goals scored by. Anichebe, Anichebe, Anichebe.

2nd Match was at home to ipswitch, the odds were 5/4 so i used to 4-4-2

QPR 4 - 1 Ipswitch (4-4-2 First Half) (Counter 2nd Half) - HOME

Sharp, Anichebe, Anichebe, Anichebe. It was 2-1 to me after half time, After coming from 1 goal behind, Switched to counder and....Pure class.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you can't, so either stick to the rules or you'll be warned. If your posts were of quality, then id have no probelms with you posting multiple times in a row, however they are pityful at best. You've been warned..

strugaling big time now to score with this tactic. My team seem to get the ball down to the far end and then have the ball taken off of them for it to be booted back down field for my players to go and get and bring it back up field for it go all the way down field again

polat_dgn, I've read your whole thread and your tactics look pretty appealing, however, they're both different shapes. I was always under the impression that for best results a team should play in the same shape mostly. Do you find any kind of inconsistency at times because you're going from a 4-4-2 to a 4-1-4-1? I'm surprised no one has mentioned or asked about this yet.

I started using these tactics with great success towards the end of my first season with Darlington in league 2. winning games like 5 to 1 and so forth. in my second season i had arranged friendlies with all championship teams and did very well winning a couple and drawing the others which i thought was realy good for a league 2 team. when the league two season started i could not win a game which seems really strange. the game stats are not too bad sometimes better percentages then the opposition but im losing games like 5 - 1 now, leaking goals like a busted water main icon_frown.gif has anyone had similar occurances with these tactics. if so what did u guys do to turn it around. this is really frustrating because the tactics were working so well for around 12 games.

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

polat_dgn, I've read your whole thread and your tactics look pretty appealing, however, they're both different shapes. I was always under the impression that for best results a team should play in the same shape mostly. Do you find any kind of inconsistency at times because you're going from a 4-4-2 to a 4-1-4-1? I'm surprised no one has mentioned or asked about this yet.

i understand what you mean but that only happens

when you use a very different tactics in every match (like 4-4-2 in one match, 4-3-3 in other, then 3-5-2 in other etc.). But in these case, you only change between two tacs for the whole season, no problem at all. Even the game gives good reactions like this:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3200/442ea9.jpg

icon_biggrin.gif

I only use the counter tactic for every match and after a poor start to the season with spurs im now flying manging to get back to second in the league. I have however made a few changes to the tactic to suit my squad making the 2 CBs mentality very defensive and have a farrow from the RCM towards the AMC position.

Originally posted by CAnthe:

hmmm

I have a nasty feeling that the AI has changed their tactic and approach automatically. Coz I've already lost three times (Arsenal, West Brom & Newcastle; all away match) already before December.

Whats your thought Polat ?

Quote just in case u don remember me

I manage to win that seasons Premiership at the end. On Season 2013/14 now. have look at this !

championsw8gamestogout5.jpg

home1stlegnv2.th.jpg

omgao9.jpg

To summarise. U R still da SAVIOUR

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

when you use a very different tactics in every match (like 4-4-2 in one match, 4-3-3 in other, then 3-5-2 in other etc.). But in these case, you only change between two tacs for the whole season, no problem at all. Even the game gives good reactions like this:

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the clarification. I have a few more questions regarding tweaking. Are the tweaks you mentioned in your first post and ones about OI the only ones you do? What about things like Defensive Line depth or width or tempo?

Getting some nice results with west ham using both tactics had Celtic away in the CL qualifaction drew with them away then beat them 4-3 at home.

Ive also managed to beat Tottenham 4-0 at home Arsenal 2-0 away Man U 1-0 at home FC Bayern 2-2 away.

Im sitting 2nd in the Prem after 7 games with Man City just above me on goals for.

In my 1st season as West Ham i brought in a Midfielder called Jeremy Menez for £12M he can play all over Midfield as has performed good considering he was 20 years old when i got him.

In my 2nd season as West Ham ive brought in:

Thiago Motta - on a free his an ok DM.

Pedro Lopez - on a free he plays RB not a brilliant player but ok as back up.

Lisandro Lopez - 15M his a striker paid a bit to much for him but needed a better player to replace some dead wood.

Diego - 10M GK needed to replace Richard Wright as i sold him back to Ipswich for 2.5M.

Ramon - 6M as was suggest in this topic

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the clarification. I have a few more questions regarding tweaking. Are the tweaks you mentioned in your first post and ones about OI they are the only ones you do? What about things like Defensive Line depth or width or tempo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes mate, they are the only ones. No change to

defensive line, width or tempo.

Originally posted by CREW:

Polat - If I was to use these tactics as Liverpool what type of players would you suggest I would need to by or get rid of bylooking at the current squad?

Well mate you would need a defender (CB) to pair with Carragher imo, a quality pacy striker to pair with Torres for 4-4-2 (you have a good chance of getting Aguero as you are Liverpool) and maybe a winger as Babel is the only good winger in your squad as far as i know.

Put Gerrard in the right CM slot in both tacs, i am sure he will win most of the matches alone..

I have just one problem with these tactics. When ever the opponent switches to 4-2-4 late in the game I can't keep them from scoring. To games in a row now.

First home vs. Roma (I'm playing with Sampdoria). Up 3-0 until the 86th minut where they switch to 4-2-4 and the game ends 3-2. I was playing the counter tactic. Next away vs. Milan. 0-0 until the 85th minut. Milan switches to 4-2-4 and scores in 88th and I lose the game.

Have anybody else experienced this?

OK, I've just finished ,y first full season using these two tactics and here is my review.

Team: Dundee United

League: SPL

In my first 3 seasons as Dundee United I finished 8th place and didn't look like I'd improve, I'd improved the finances vastly through some shrewd transfer dealings so my transfer budget is more than healthy.

I had used these tactics near the end of the previous season so I had an idea of what kind of players I would need so a few signings and the squad looks very decent.

The media expected my team to finish 7th but using these tactics I have finished 5th securing a Euro Vase place, after being third for over half the season which included a 14 macth unbeaten run whilst my teams morale throughout that entire run was to qoute my Assistant "Rock-Bottom". So very pleased with the progress made.

My take on these tactics is that it is all about when you change as we know tweaking is important well these two tactics provide everything you need in tactical changes. I use the 4-4-2 at the start of every match regardless who I'm playing except in away games to Rangers & Celtic who I have managed to beat away from home and also draw with numerous times. Usually I take the lead in games and straight away I change to 4-1-4-1 which shores everything up perfectly and invariably I go on to score again. I also have to mention that I have been using the 4-2-4 be gone tactic posted in the tactics forum when teams go 4-2-4 or even 3-2-5.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/6942082983

I have to mention that I have spent three years developing a squad and I do believe that you have to have the right players in this game and not every team will be successful with these tactics without good players. I fully believe that if I had a better GK I would have won the race for 3rd place which I have to mention involved 3 teams and went to the last game of the season.

A bit more about the players.

Now with 4-4-2 I'll explain the players who are my most frequent starting 11.

I believe in flexibiltiy and depth in the squad but also in the players themselves and I will often train players to new positions so that changes implemented in match are more effective and players are able to play "out of postion" so to speak.

Here is my usual staring team.

DundeeUnitedDundeeUtd_Tactics4-4-2u.png

Now please notice my RB is actually a DM and my LCM is able to play LB, my LB can play anywhere across the back and my LCF is an AM/FC this means that when I need to change I can go to this and I can chanhge back whithout altering personel.

DundeeUnitedDundeeUtd_Tactics-4-1-4.png

I also think it is important that my two wingers can play FC aswell now my right one I know can't but he is being trained to be able to which I think makes them more effective when changed to 4-1-4-1 coming inside to support the striker.

All these things are important in my mind in making the changes effective.

Opposition instructions are something I use if I know from experience that a player is a bigger threat tha n most. e.g. if their key man has low bravery I assign hard tackling and closing down and usually they bottle it in the match.

All in all I enjoy these tactics they play a style of football I like.

Verdict: Top Tactics!

polat, can you give me some suggestions as to my starting line up. Here are the players at my disposal:

GK - Jens Lehmann

GK - Lukasz Fabianski

DR - Bakary Sagna

DR - Emmanuel Eboue

DL - Gael Clichy

DL - Armand Traore

DC - Kolo Toure

DC - William Gallas

DC - Johan Djorou

DM - Mathieu Flamini

AM RLC - Alessandro Rosina

AM LC - Matias Fernandez

AM RC - Aliaksandr Hleb

AM RLC, FC - Robin van Persie

MC - Francesc Fabregas

MC - Denilson

MC - Abou Diaby

AM/FC - Steven Defour

AM/FC - Sergio Aguero

ST - Emmanuel Adebayor

ST - Eduardo

What would be your suggestion for the 4-4-2 and 4-5-1?

Thanks

Dirty_Ace play this team for the 442

GK: Lukasz Fabianski

DR: Bakary Sagna

DC: Kolo Toure

DC: William Gallas (replace with Johan Djorou after a few seasons)

DL: Gael Clichy

MR: Robin van Persie

MC: Francesc Fabregas (play him on the right side)

MC: Denilson (play left side)

ML: Alessandro Rosina

FC: Emmanuel Adebayor

FC: Sergio Aguero

That should get some good results

I just beat chelsea 6-2 at home icon_smile.gif Carlton Cole got 6 goals ave it

and for the 441 play these

DR: Bakary Sagna

DC: Kolo Toure

DC: William Gallas (replace with Johan Djorou after a few seasons)

DL: Gael Clichy

DMC: Denilson ( rotate with Flamini)

MR: Robin van Persie

MC: Francesc Fabregas (play him on the right side)

MC: Sergio Aguero

ML: Alessandro Rosina

FC: Emmanuel Adebayor

Originally posted by Jamie543:

any 1 recomand a decent ML to work with this tactic im playing as West Ham club rep is national so i need some 1 who is willing to come to us.

I recommend Sergio Mota from Sao Paolo. I'm quite sure he'd be willing to go to West Ham.

@ Dirty_ACE

Yeah mate, i totally agree with the formations Jamie543 posted EXCEPT one thing : playing Aguero in the CM spot for 4-5-1 may not be useful and cause defensive leaks, i would rather have Flamini

there and put Aguero to the wings but of course thats your decision in the end.

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

@ GRANTOMAC

A really top post, mate. i wish i had a chance to give you karma icon_smile.gif So much detailed, so much great contribution to the thread.

Cheers polat_dgn,

I felt I had to post as in depth as possible, every day there is a new thread where someone is saying "WIn Every Match!" although it always seems to be Barcelona who their team is and with everyone bemoaning the tweaking I thought it would best to illustrate as much as possible how these tactics work and all you have to do is change to from one to another depending on the situations. Brilliant in its simplicity.

I urge everyone to download these tactics and give them a try. I am not Barcelona I'm Dundee United a mid-table SPL side so I havent got world class players who can win every match, you have to do everything right to get the points. Team Talks etc and as I demonstrated above depth not just in the squad as a whole but with individual players aswell. (which means that needing to make very few subs when changing formations has meant that very quickly my team has went from "some way short of operating as a unit" to "willing to die for each other" which makes winning that little bit easier.) Together this has made the tactics work a treat for me and I'm currently at the start of a new season having got through the EURO Vase 2nd round and about to play the 2nd leg of the 3rd round, things are looking pretty good.

Thanks polat_dgn for creating these very good and consistent tactics

in the 4-4-2 should i play in the left CM with a MC like John Obi Mikel or with a DM like Veloso?? and i train this left midfielder as a deffensive midfielder or as a normal midfielder?? (i use tugs training)

and what it happens with this left midfielder in the counter version?? is he a normal mc??

Originally posted by jlugovid:

in the 4-4-2 should i play in the left CM with a MC like John Obi Mikel or with a DM like Veloso?? and i train this left midfielder as a deffensive midfielder or as a normal midfielder?? (i use tugs training)

and what it happens with this left midfielder in the counter version?? is he a normal mc??

In both tactics, choose the RCM from your best attackers, should have high creativity, dribbling, long shots as much as possible like Elano, Kaka , Silva , Iniesta (of course these are just examples to create the player type in your mind icon_biggrin.gif ) . In your case, although Veloso seems more defensive, he would better suit in that position since his quality attacking stats.

And yes, LMC could be either MC or DMC.

N1, mate.

Prolly the first tactic that really works for my Newcastle team. I just wonder if you got any experince how much seasons can u play with it without making major changes. Prolly the AI breaks it after a year or two. Still, very pleasing approach, never seen such effective play in my team before... u r right, thats the Arsenal way, and I really like it...

Archived