FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A condensed update this time, as I don't have the time or motivation to write more

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Sagres

Season 2020/21 - Season Summary

[[Transfers]]

Yet again, a bunch more youngsters coming in. Not so much in the way of players going out, but at least this season didn't see me having to part with key players.

Taça de Portugal [[Fixtures]]

Very annoyed at losing out to Naval in the 6th round, but they were truly dominant and we didn't deserve to get anything from our performance.

Bwin Cup [[Fixtures]] [[Round 3 Table]]

The highlight of this run was the terrific victory over Benfica, but ultimately we didn't have enough to see off Porto in the final

The League

After the last two nearly seasons, I can finally say with some pride that we managed to qualify for the EURO Cup this year :D At no point in the season did we drop below 5th, but we definitely made it hard for ourselves right at the end.

[[Fixtures 1]] [[Fixtures 2]]

[[Table]] [[Graph]]

Key Players

• Lionel Aguerre - Team Captain, and doing a wonderful job up front alongside Yakubu.
  • Rui Lopes - Lopes has been with the club for a lot of years now and has always been solid, but this season really stood out as he controlled the midfield. Spent a little too much time on the treatment table, though.
  • Micael - The Centre-back really stepped up for this season and gave a fantastic showing for himself. I've got quite a few youngsters with good potential waiting in the wings, but Micael doesn't look ready to quit yet.

2020/21 Goals

• Qualify for Europe
  • Make a profit on transfers

Other

This Year's Best XI

Fans player of the season: Micael

League Rep: 9th (Eredivisie above us, Turkish Premier below) (-1)

Nation Coefficient: 9th (Holland above us, Ukraine below) (-)

2020/21 Goals

• Make the group stages of the EURO Cup
  • Improve facilities/stadium

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!
Liga Sagres		14th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round	
Liga Sagres		7th		N/A		Winners!		Final		Won Taça de Portugal, Runner-up in Bwin Cup
Liga Sagres		8th		N/A		Semi-Final		Semi-Final
Liga Sagres		5th		N/A		6th Round		Final		EURO Cup Qualification

Congrats on grabbing a EURO spot Biscotti! Well done, good steady progress. :thup: Good luck in Europe next season, and on getting even closer to those top 4 clubs. Not that far off, few more draws and a couple of wins and you'll be fighting for 3rd. :)

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2018/19

1st in Italian Serie A (pred: 8th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

We finally won it. Although we nearly threw it away on several occasions, losing points cause I decided to rest to many key players for European games. Fiorentina had a very long European adventure this season, which ended with ECC glory for them, and I think that helped us in the end. With 2 games left we had a 6p lead, but 2 away games to play. We beat Pescara 2-1 away though, giving us the title and relegating Pescara at the same time.

We have the worst defensive record of the top 6 teams, but our goal scoring is in a league of it's own so I don't really mind. It's a bit strange though cause I think our central defenders are our two best players in terms of ability.

Italian Cup (fixtures)

We got the final after winning a thrilling 2 legged semi final against Fiorentina on penalty shoot out. The final was crazy. We were' 3-0 up after 23 minutes, but somehow managed to lose on penalties after Inter made it 3-3. Two own goals and 3 red cards were also part of the equation. Bit disappointed at losing it after going 3-0 up, but at least it was a good game.

The European Super Cup

Our first taste of Europe this season was the European Super Cup. Having win the EURO Cup last season we had to play the ECC winner Liverpool. I wouldn't call it well deserved, but we managed to win it 2-0. Our new goalkeeper Nahuel Garcia picking up the MoM award for his performance. Another trophy for the cabinet!

The European Champions Cup (fixtures | group a)

We drew Arsenal, At. Madrid and Red Star and it was the kind of group I really hate. One horrible team, Red Star, who didn't pick up a single point and didn't score a single goal. Not much help there. And frankly both At. Madrid and Arsenal are to good for us still. Even though we did beat At. Madrid on agg., with a crazy 5-2 away win. A game that proves # of shots on goal don't matter at all in football. We just don't have the quality or depth yet though. To much relies on the few top players having a great day. 10 points not enough, so we went to the EURO Cup to try and defend our title.

The EURO Cup (fixtures)

Drawing Porto in the first knockout round I thought this might be a short journey to be honest. I usually have all sorts of trouble playing against them. After a 2-1 win at home where we had 2 goals disallowed I thought for sure it wouldn't be enough. But at halftime in the away match it was 2-2 and Porto needed 2 more goals. Instead of inviting them back into the tie we had another complete freak show of a 2nd half. In 13 minutes (73' to 86') we scored 5 goals! Every shot just went in. Giving us a 7-2 win away in Portugal. I think that's my best win ever against this team, and it goes to show that with some luck we can beat anyone on our day.

Aston Villa in the next round were better than I thought they'd be. Much thanks to their new superstar David Milmine. Another crazy away game where we lost 4-3 gave us the upper hand though and a 2-0 win at home secured a quarter final spot.

The quarter final against Dortmund ended in badly. After winning 3-2 at home I though we might have a chance with the away form we had been showing, but no such luck. We didn't take our chances and lost 2-0. The bad ending being Chibwe tearing his calf muscle and getting sidelined for 4 months. Hopefully he'll be back just in time for next season, cause we really need him to fight against the top sides. All these top European teams seem to have a worldclass regen striker by now, and Dortmund have their own. Elvio Tula is scary good, and he ended our European journey for this season.

The Players (squad ratings)

I'll keep this short this time cause I went through most of the squad in depth in the last season update. Basically we have 3 superstars in the squad :

Arkaitz Costa - Had a brilliant first season in our central defense and was more than worthy of his £7.25M transfer fee.

Abdessamad Hajji - Another great season from him, making a great central defense partnership with Costa. Only downside to this guy is that he's on international while we're playing important games more than once per season.

Allan Chibwe - Still can't believe we got him for just £2.7M. He's by far our most dangerous attacking player. I gave him a new contract mid-season making him our best payed player, but he's worth it. Only problem with him as well is the international duty for Zambia, which is usually while we're playing important games.

The Italian Project

As I mentioned earlier my transfer history page seem to have broken with the patch. For some reason it shows last summers signings as well as this summer. But it also doesn't show my January signings, and I signed several. Mostly Italian youngsters to try and make the team more, well, Italian.

Giulio Cardarelli - Wide midfielder from Lecce for £2.2M

Mattia Mazzoni - Left midfielder from AC Milan for £2.5M

Simone Bordignon - Right and central midfielder from AC Milan for £775K

Stefano Lombardi - Central midfielder from Brescia for £1.6M

Marco Mancini - Left defender from Juventus for £1.3M

Mario Vivarini - Central defender from Reggina for £300K

Alejandro Delgado - Attacker from Real Madrid for £1.6M

Everyone except Delgado are Italian prospects. Some of them have already played several matches. Bordignon in particular made a decent impact, as I changed to the 4132 (with wingers) that I'd like to play in the future. I'm not sure any of them have potential to be worldclass, but they're Italian and promising. Hopefully at least a couple of them will develop enough to become a first choice in their position.

In other good news, Diego Minelli, the Argentinian striker, is now Italian as well. He was called up for Italy and decided to take it. So there's another Italian, even if he's born in Las Rosas, Argentina.

We also have one Italian coming in as his contract ends this summer. He's probably well known for anyone that's played in Italy, or even played FM much. Alberto Paloschi will be joining from AC Milan where he was not given many matches this season. He's 29 years of age, which is a bit out of my usual range, but he's Italian and should be useful for at least 2-4 seasons still. He'll be taking a wage cut as well, I think to £35K or so.

The Finances

They were almost in read until we got the Champions Cup TV-money, and then it went KABOOOM! £22.7M just from playing 6 group matches in the Chapions Cup. Scary. Keeping us safe and sound, and our gate receipts have grown with almost £5M this season as well. I hope we'll get another stadium expansion to, cause we filled up every single home game this season in the Serie A. What we could do with is some real sponsors and a lot more merchandising. Will try to ask the board for a commercial link feeder club.

The Future

It looks bright. Having won the Serie A, the goal now will have to be reaching the later stages of the Champions Cup and keep making the team more Italian. We have 12 Italian players in the first team squad now, but I will sell at least 2-3 of them this summer cause they're just not good enough. And most of the others are just prospects who will at best be backup for now. Still, I think with Paloschi coming we have at least 4 Italians that I can trust to play in important matches now. If we're given a very healthy transfer budget again I'm considering spending it all on a couple of the really talented Italian prospects. I have several in mind, but most of the real prospects are expensive.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	I-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s3tab.jpg"]11th[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4satab.jpg"]6th[/url]	3rd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]15/16[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s5tab.jpg"]10th[/url]	1st Rnd		-		Surivived in the Serie A
[b]16/17[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s6tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	4th Qual. Rnd	-		Qualified for EC
[b]17/18[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7tab-1.jpg"]2nd[/url]	Semi Final	EC WINNER	Won the EURO Cup
[b]18/19[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Final		EC Qtr Final	Champions of Italy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]18/19[/url]
[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

[b]EURO Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7ecfix.jpg"]17/18[/url]
[b]European Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9escow.jpg"]18/19[/url]

[b]Italian C1 Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2cupC1SC.jpg"]12/13[/url]

Boscotti - congrats on making european qualification. good luck closing the gap next season to the Top 4.

Ohanzee - congrats on the title! great achievement. you must be delighted you came back to Veneiza. next stop the CL title! good luck with that next season.

Holstein_Kiel.png

Kiel - 2011/12

Third Division - 13th

Yay, not last. A decent start to my career here at Kiel, but blimey, it was tough. We were patchy, to put it. There was rarely a good streak of wins, and each win was more than often followed in a draw, or a loss. The end of the season was pretty crazy. A 7 game undefeated streak then saw 4 games without a win. I have come to the conclusion that my defence is crap, and i am getting rid of the worst of them.

Transfers

The usual "loads in, loads out". I am looking forward to seeing Mushaga Bakenga next season, as I think he can really be something special.

NEXT SEASON

Well, a top half finish would be brilliant, as well as a much better defence, really.

Season	League			Position	Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12	Third Division		13th			

I think the club just doesn't bring in enough, like with attendances, and the wages started very high as well. They've cut them massively leaving me with the bare minimum of 18 players for this season, and i'm STILL over budget :(

I know Bakenga from my local team Rosenborg. He's a prospect for sure, but not really proven yet. Will be interesting to see how he does for you. Good luck next season, hope you can push for promotion. :thup:

I think the club just doesn't bring in enough, like with attendances, and the wages started very high as well. They've cut them massively leaving me with the bare minimum of 18 players for this season, and i'm STILL over budget :(

well let's hope you can gain promotion soon then as money goes up a lot in second division...

safe_image.php?d=cbac618b814dd9802f4a9bf7e9cc0e64&w=180&h=540&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fit%2Fc%2Fc0%2FAcr_messina_logo.jpg

A.C.R. Messina – Serie C1B – Season 2012/13

Season Preview

Media Prediction: 10th

So after promotion was achieved I have spent the summer looking to add a few more quality players into the team and improve in a few areas, notably in goal and in central midfield. Overall I have been pretty successful and I think I have assembled a solid squad. I have promised the board a mid-table finish (the lowest option) and I was rewarded with a £50k transfer budget and a reasonable wage budget of £21k p/w.

The Players

Time to introduce the new signings…

Goalkeepers

Fernando Martinuzzi - Experienced Argentine goalkeeper is a major addition to the squad and is a 4.5* goalkeeper. Strengthens us in this area no end. Cost £20k from rivals Latina.

Full Backs

Mattia Desole - Swiss youth international LB brought in to push Armenise. Good potential.

Centre Backs

Lukas Spendlhofer - Lukas is an Austrian youth international and is another with great potential. Done well in pre-season.

Midfielders

Francesco Velardi - central midfielder picked up from Palermo on a free transfer. Looks a good prospect, I think he can certainly improve the middle of the park.

Mirko Barbero - Mirko has great potential and will push hard for the DM place in the first XI.

Honour Gombami - Zimbabwean winger who will add to competition to the squad.

Nicola Princivalli - Experienced midfielder who will strengthen the midfield no end and will push hard for a starting spot.

Andrea Schiavone - young Italian with solid potential adds competition and cover at DM and CM.

Luiz Gabriel Sacilotto - experienced Brazilian midfielder signed on a free to add depth to the CM area of the team.

Raffaele Maiello - Maiello is back from Napoli for another season. Hopefully he can handle playing at a higher level.

Davide Matteini - Davide adds strength in depth on the left wing or upfront.

Robi Moreno - Peruvian winger will push Enrico hard down the left flank. Fans have welcomed him to the club.

Salvatore Temperino - Exciting DM who will compete for the Dm slot. Fans excited by him.

Davide Petrucci - former Man United and Portosummaga attacking midfielder is a really promising player. High hopes for him.

Strikers

Diego Armando Montouri - Signed on loan from parent club Napoli, no prizes for guessing who he was named after… Will add competition to the strikeforce.

The Season Ahead

The season ahead looks fairly promising. Pre-season went well and included home wins against Fiorentina and Iraklis. We also did pretty well against higher league opposition.

Targets

- Top 10 finish

Forza Peloritani!!!

91013388.png

RB Leipzig - German 2. Bundesliga 2015/16

2. Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 13th

Board Expectation: Safe Mid-Table

My Target: Top Half

League Table: 7th ǁ Position Graph

It was another awful start and I thought we were in for another season of struggle, but after the witer break we finally started looking like a decent 2. Bundesliga side. We were on promotion form in the second half of the season, going 10-5-2 to finish in 7th. If we manage to carry on this form next season we could push for a promotion challenge.

DFB-Pokal

First Round – We finally got an easy draw in the Pokal and smashed non-league Wattenscheid 4-0.

– We were handed a tricky tie away at Duisburg and unfortunately fell at the second stage once more. Would like to get a bit of a cup run next season.

Die Bullen

Transfers 1 ǁ Transfers 2 ǁ Squad

In other seasons my chairman only sold one player over my head, in this one I had to watch him sell 3 players. Two of them were actually not in the first team yet, but were on the verge of it. Bringing in youngsters to replace them is becoming more and more difficult.

GK: Dennis Eilhoff – Another solid season from him,but maybe we need to start looking for a replacement as he is getting on a bit.

DR: Jon Andoni Pinilla – Another young Spaniard doing a good job for me down the right.

DC: Jan-Ingwer Callsen-Bracker – Didn’t get as much playing toime this season and will probably be a back-up in the next one.

DC: Joona Toivio – I da a feeling Bengoetxea was going to be sold, when I saw he was available for very little I jumped in. Didn’t disappoint.

DL: Pascal Bieler – Picked up on a free, did OK.

DMC: Moussa Narry – Carried on being an effective anchor man.

MC: Carlos Fernández Gómez – I love it when I stumble upon very good players, has been key to the side.

MC: David Simão – Carried on doing a decent job for the side.

AMC: André – What a player, only 21 and already terrorizing other defences. I just have to hope my chairman doesn’t sell him in the near future, as I believe he is vital to any potential promotion charge.

ST: Pablo Chavarría – Quite strange how a player suddenly just clicks, he absolutely flourished this season and was in deadly form in front of goal.

ST: Jesé – Finally gave him a bigger rolein the team and he didn’t disappoint. Was a havoc for defenders and a great provider to Chavarría

Other News

Finances – Just broke even, it would be nice if clubs started paying for the big transfers all up front, receiving transfers over 3 years just isn’t as good.

It was nice to see that I finished 3rd in the manager of the season award.

Career Overview

Season       League             Pos      DFB-Pokal      Europe      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12      3. Liga            7th      N/A            N/A         None
2012/13      3. Liga            1st      N/A            N/A         Promoted as Champions
2013/14      2. Bundesliga      14th     Second Round   N/A         None
2014/15      2. Bundesliga      10th     First Round    N/A         None
2015/16      2. Bundesliga      7th      Second Round   N/A         None

rlipscombe - Petrucci is a great talent for sure, I've actually seen him play live for the United youth team in a cup match when I was over there (I think in 2009). And I actually bought him at Venezia this summer to. He's become very talented in my save (although he's no Messi), think he's in his late 20s now (don't have the save open, so not 100% sure). One of several Italians who have joined. Will try to get a pre-season report up myself either tonight or (more likely) tomorrow. Good luck in the coming season!! :)

corinthiano - Great finish to the season. Hope you can keep that form and push for promotion. Hungary is a very decent national team, looks like your reputation is growing nicely. :thup:

bjoggi33 - Good luck in Germany! :)

Ohanzee - i'll keep Petrucci sweet as much as i can then in the hope he can develop well.

corinthiano - good second half to the season was that. seem to have got a strikeforce that is working too which helps. good luck next season.

bjoggi33 - good luck with Kiel and welcome to the challenge.

Well it appears I need to do another motivational post, but maybe it can wait til the morning when I am mo0re awake...In the mean time I am into the playoffs in Spanish Second Division B1...the relegation playoffs, after a terrible start we have begun to turn it around, but we were always soo far back that it was going to be a struggle.

That's not the kind of news I wanted LLR. :( Good to see you jump straight back into it though. Good luck with Haro! Hope you can get off to a great start and make it a long and successful career. :thup:

Venezia pre-season 2019/20

Here's the transfers of this summer.

My transfer history is still bugged, showing last years transfers as well as this years. If I go back to 2018/19 now it shows the ones from 2017/18. Seems like the transfer window thinks it's one year earlier than it actually is. No idea how to fix it, but it still shows all the transfers from the current season as well. So, the £79M is last year plus this summer combined and the ones from 1.7.2019 and out are from this summer.

I sold quite a few players this summer. The big ones being Luduena to Roma for £8M, Etchegaray to Roma for £10M and Minelli to Man City for £16.25M. I'm ok with the first two, but Minelli had turned Italian and I wanted to keep him. Sadly he had a minimum fee clause which City happily used. I tried offering him a new contract, but he wanted £86k a week, more than double his current wage, and I can only go as high as £75k yet. I'm not prepared to give anyone £75k either though, so he's gone, one Italian less, but we got some new interesting ones.

The board gave me a transfer budget of £61M!! Even though I spent £41M of it we have more or less gone even this summer, selling players for just over £40M total as well. This leaves us with a healthy bank balance of £24M right now and I still have £51M to spend in January if I need to. Happy days.

Here's the new signings (won't list Paloschi, cause I already mentioned him, and Suker, cause he's been here a long time and we just got him back from a co-own deal for free.)

Pierluca Massaro - 17 year old Italian defender (right, centre). Not really good enough to make an impact yet, but he's got time. Will try to give him a few games in the Serie A at least this season.

Gianvito Merola - 19 year old Italian winger (right). Same as Massaro, not really ready, but will try to match him.

Michele Vitali - 23 year old Italian defender (right, centre). He's still not capped for the Italian first team, but hopefully he will be once all the 3x year olds retire. He's very decent, and will probably be my first choice right-back this season. Playing close to full potential according to scouts, so probably won't improve much.

Luis Corapi - 22 year old Italian winger (right). He needs some work still, but he has some classic winger ability and potential to grow still.

Alejandro Marchegiani - 21 year old Italian attacking midfielder or striker. Biggest transfer at £11.5M from French Lyon. I have high hopes for him.

Davide Petrucci - 27 year old Italian attacking midfielder or striker. Mentioned him already. Turned into a very decent footballer, and had a bit of a break through last season getting 20 goals, 12 assists and 8 MoM awards in 32 matches for Racing in Spain. Bit above the average age of my squad, but his experience and creativity should be very helpful.

Ludovico Longo - 19 year old Italian defender (left, right and centre). Still needs some work, but he's got potential. Being able to play all positions in defense I hope to keep him around until he retires really. He's also left footed, which is rare in our defense.

David Anderson - 19 year old American goalkeeper. Only non-Italian signing. I wanted a 3rd goalkeeper, and this guy has 4 star potential. I'm also hoping that having an American player can boost our merchandising income, but I'm not sure if that's even part of the game?

So there we have it. I'm not sure we have a stronger squad than last year to be honest, probably about the same. Although everyone have aged, so we should be slightly better overall. This is how the squad looks now for nationalities. 15 Italians in the first team squad. I like it! Marchegiani, Bertolacci, and Perego have all been called up to the latest Italy squad (the first team), and 6 players are in the Italian youth team squads. I'm hoping Vitali and Petrucci can get their first caps this season if I they play well for us. And hopefully Paloschi will do enough to get back in as well.

We got seeded 2nd in the draws for the ECC group stages this year. Liverpool will be tough, having boosted their squad with Aston Villas superstar David Milmine (who I mentioned in my last season update). But we should be able to beat Spartak Moscow and Rapid Bucharest for the 2nd spot at least. That's my goal. If we can beat Liverpool as well that'd be a huge bonus.

I also tried my best to make the board improve facilities with our healthy bank balance. They accepted a training facility upgrade after some discussion, but no luck on youth facilities. There also was no expansion to the stadium so I demanded that they consider this, and plans are now being made for another expansion next summer. I also asked for a commercial link feeder club, but so far I've heard nothing about this.

Venezia 2019/20 mid-season update

Season started well with 7 wins in a row in all competitions. Including a very lucky win away to Liverpool at Anfield. We managed to win our group after another lucky draw at home to Liverpool on the last day.

At the moment we're 2nd in the league, 6 points behind Fiorentina. If they keep their form up there's no way we'll be able to defend our title. They have so many players at their peak right now, I'm surprised they aren't winning every match 5-0. What's worse is that we're on equal points with Palermo, and Sampdoria are just 2 points behind us. Inter and Roma are sitting just 3 points behind them again.

We've been in horrible form lately to, horrible for being last years champions at least. 13 last matches we've won just 4. Draws in 7 of those matches is all that's still keeping us within fighting distance of Fiorentina.

One problem is that Chibwe have been injured 3 times already this season! All 3 times it's been for 4 weeks. He's never managed to recover his form between all the injuries and we really don't have anyone else like him who can decide matches on their own.

The other problem is our defense. In my opinion we have 2 worldclass centerbacks, but we still concede goals like there's no tomorrow. Our fullbacks simply aren't good enough. And neither are our wingers. It's the 4 positions where we're still relying on hot prospects really.

To try and have a real go at another Serie A title, and maybe even a push in the Champions Cup, I decided to splash the cash. Literally. The £51M left in the transfer budget is now almost gone.

Michele Alba (DR) - He's been on my radar for a while, being one of very few good young Italian fullbacks. He cost £17.25M, so I really hope he'll make the right side of our defense tight as a ...

Jan Seeger (DL) - He's German, but I don't care. He's good. In a different league compared to our other fullbacks at least. Cost £15.75M, so I hope he learns the language fast! :D

Koen Knol (MC) - My scout was crazy about this guy. 5 star potential. He does look quite good for his age, so if he really has the potential he could probably become a worldclass player. He cost £8M.

Pierre Harguindeguy (AML) - Another promising winger. Hopefully one of them will eventually turn into the next Ronaldo or Messi, cause I really do wanna play with wingers in all games eventually. Cost £4M.

So, two huge signing that I expect go straight into the 1st eleven there and a couple of really hot prospects. If we don't manage to catch Fiorentina now I'll have to eat my hat I guess. :o But at least we should be able to give them a real fight. I'm gonna start playing my 4123 or 4132 without wingers in important matches, cause our wingers simply don't have that level of ability yet.

Oh and we're playing Panathinaikos in the 1st KO round of the ECC, so I expect my players to get us through. If they don't there'll be some heads rolling this summer. We're not just playing for fun any more, we're then 2nd richest club in Italy (behind Fiorentina) and 11th in the world. It's time to show some muscle! :mad:

*EDIT*

First game with the new signings was kinda interesting, so I'll post a review. Against Lazio at home.

6' minutes in Alba breaks his ribs (out for 4 weeks). £17M well spent. :p 36' minutes Bertolacci goes off injured and I introduce our new Dutch talent Knol. 6' minutes later he's sent off. Snijders is later injured, but I can't take him off cause I'm out of subs. He's now out for 3 weeks with a pulled hamstring. That's 10 first team players on the injury list now.

We still somehow managed to win 2-0. Didn't concede a goal even with 10 men for more than a half. Have to look on the bright side I guess.

made some cracking signings there Ohanzee both in the summer and during the winter break. looking for a big push in the run-in now! good to see the team more Italian too. with your current standing in Italian football need to win things or maybe you'll be underachieving??? ;)

Lenzar - Yea, I'm hoping maybe to tutor Knol to help on that. But having trouble finding anyone that's suitable in the team. Bertolacci don't even have the option when I talk to him. Worst case I'll have to ask him to stay on his feet while tackling. If he won't do that I guess he's gone.

rlipscombe - Yea, I feel we need to win trophies now. The club is worth almost £200M. Just going through a rough patch, I hope. Striker #1 (Chibwe), #2 (Snijders) and #3 (Paloschi) are all out injured. Having to rely on Petrucci and Marchegiani for goals atm, but with all the injuries I have to use them in midfield, so I'm down to something like 6th and 7th choice options for strikers. :lol:

bugger... my top striker this season Jakub Vojtus has only gone and damaged his cruciate ligaments and is out for 10-11 months... :( big blow to our chances for the rest of the season. need to bring someone in in January now.

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2019/20

4th in Italian Serie A (pred: 4th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Italian Super Cup

Having won the league last season this was our first competitive match of this season. Inter was the opposition having beaten us in the Cup final a few months earlier. This time we drew the longest straw in another tight match. 1-0 the scoreline, but it really could have gone either way. Still, it's another trophy.

The League

As I mentioned in my mid-season update we were 6 points behind Fiorentina at that point with several teams chasing us. The big signings in January didn't really help much as we kept slipping up and drawing way to many matches. With just one game left of the season we actually didn't look like getting a Champions Cup spot. 3 points behind both Palermo and Roma and I needed one of them to lose their matches against Torino and Napoli. We had beaten Roma 2-1 and drawn 1-1 so we were a head of them if we should end on equal points. Against Palermo both games this season ended in 1-1 draws so our massive goal difference would do in that case. Still, I didn't have much hope of Palermo slipping up away to Torino. But I thought maybe Roma could lose at home to Napoli.

We beat Genoa 2-0 at home ourselves and I was watching the Latest Score screen the whole match. Both Palermo and Roma were 2-1 down early in the second half, and when there was no changes at full-time I began to wonder if the update was really live. But after the full-time talk, I got the news I was hoping for. Both Palermo and Roma had lost their matches 2-1, and we finished 4th. This means we have to qualify for the ECC, but at least we have that chance.

Why didn't we finish above Palermo? Because 3 teams finished at the same points total. Then games between those teams are used to create a mini-table. Roma lost both their games against Palermo, so the table would look like this:

For	Ag	Pts  
-------------------------------------
Palermo		6	3	8
Venezia		5	4	6
Roma		3	7	1
-------------------------------------

giving us the 4th place and Palermo the 3rd.

Even though the season ended with this great news, I'm not at all happy about our performances this year. :mad:

Italian Cup (fixtures)

We won it for the first time, beating Pescara in the final. In fact the final was probably our easiest match in the whole tournament.

The European Champions Cup (fixtures | group f)

Already mentioned that we won our group. We were lucky in both matches against Liverpool though, very lucky. Panathinaikos didn't really put up a fight in the 1st KO round, but Barcelona were to strong in the Quarter finals. We still haven't lost a single match to Barcelona in 5 meetings, but two 0-0 draws and then 1-1 in extra time in the 2nd leg gave Barcelona the win on away goals.

Fiorentina were beaten in the quarter final, by AC Milan. Milan went on to the final and lost to Barcelona.

Alejandro Marchegiani - Bright light in a average season. He kept us going when Chibwe was injured.

Salvatore Perego - He's developing nicely. Very strong season for him.

Abdessamad Hajji - Another great season by our top class centerback.

Allan Chibwe - Injured a lot, and never got back to his usual self. 17 goals in 30 is in fact a lower ratio than Marchegiani.

Arkaitz Costa - Again, our two centerbacks are great. If only the rest of the team was like the two of them we'd be winning it all.

Marco Pedrosa - His 3rd season now, and he's always one of the first names on my team sheet.

Simone Bordignon - Deserves a mention cause he's doing well for his ability I think. He really isn't much of a winger though, when compared to the kind of players we meet in the Champions Cup or even the top teams in the Serie A. But hopefully he can keep improving.

That Dutch supertalent Koen Knol I've thrown down in the reserves btw. After he picked up a 2nd red card in 3 matches and refused to even consider staying on his feet while tackling. No idea what to do with him. Need a strong character to tutor him. Guess that's the bad part about only buying youngsters.

The Finances

Looking ok, even though I spent something like £80M this season on players. We did sell for well over £40M to, but we're making most of our money on TV rights both in the ECC and Serie A. A nice addition is that money from merchandising went from £2.5M to £5M this season. Whether that was because we brought in a player from America or just a normal rise cause our reputation is growing I dunno.

The Future

• The board are increasing the stadium, by 500 seats. What a complete and utter joke! Avg attendance this season was 24,000. That's just 212 below max. 500 isn't gonna cut it. :thdn:
  • The board also decided to abort the planned upgrade on training facilities cause of lack of funds. *sigh*
  • I Need a 3rd goal scorer, and some more creativity. A winger or two with much higher ability than our current ones are on my wish list. As is another top class striker.
  • Bit of a worry is that the board isn't happy with me. I told them we'd be fighting for the title, and we were not even close. My job status is down to stable now, having been untouchable before the season. I really need to make some changes and get a major trophy next season.

[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s3tab.jpg"]11th[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4satab.jpg"]6th[/url]	3rd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]15/16[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s5tab.jpg"]10th[/url]	1st Rnd		-		Surivived in the Serie A
[b]16/17[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s6tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	4th Qual. Rnd	-		Qualified for EC
[b]17/18[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7tab-1.jpg"]2nd[/url]	Semi Final	EC WINNER	Won the EURO Cup
[b]18/19[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Final		EC Qtr Final	Champions of Italy!!
[b]19/20[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9tab.jpg"]4th[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	A step back?

[b]Italian Serie A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]18/19[/url]
[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

[b]EURO Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7ecfix.jpg"]17/18[/url]
[b]European Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9escow.jpg"]18/19[/url]

[b]Italian Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9itcup.jpg"]19/20[/url]
[b]Italian Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9supcup.jpg"]19/20[/url]
[b]Italian C1 Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2cupC1SC.jpg"]12/13[/url]

a4e2a949.jpg

Kiel - 2011/12

League Table - 17th

Disappointing season, We started the season brightly and looked set to run way with a promotion winning the first 4 games of the season and then go on a 14 game streak without a win. So SO many games that i lost in the final minutes of the game :( The only bright side is that were getting an stadium expansion

Transfers

Loads of free transfers. Didn't have much money anyway.

Next Season

Aiming for a Top-Half finish, and try and get my team to play good football!

Venezia pre-season 2020/21

Board gave me a transfer budget of £51M and I've spent just under £30M of it. I made sure to tell them I expect to qualify for Europe instead of fighting for the title this season, just in case we screw up again. Some of the budget was put into wages cause I wanted to renew quite a few deals that were down to 2 years now.

I've also sold players for £38.75M this summer, so we're actually well on the plus side in the transfer market. Big transfers out were Angelov to Everton for £10M, Snijders to Cagliari for £9.25M and Michele Vitali to Palermo for £14M. Angelov will probably be missed the most, simply cause we lack good cover on the leftback behind Seeger.

Transfers In (in order of quality in my opinion):

Cuca (£8.5M) - Solid centre-back is his description, but I think he's godlike. Doesn't hurt that his second nationality is Italian either. Going to retrain him to play DL as well cause he's left footed and we need more cover on that side.

Lee Pitcher (£6M) - Explosive striker and super cheap in my opinion. He's an England international and the board said shirt sales will be boosted by this signing.

Paulo (£11.5M) - Very promising striker. He's also got a Italian 2nd nationality, but both him and Cuca say they rather play for Brazil. Neither of them are capped above youth level yet.

Brian Bennet (Free) - Versatile player (DC/DMC/MC). Great one to have in the squad I think, and he was free.

Abdelhadi Yilmaz (£2.2M) - Spanish teams keep transfer listing their biggest talents. This guy looks like he could be the next big thing, but Barcelona happily handed him to me for just £2.2M. Will spend at least one season in the U20s though.

Michael Jensen (Free) - Same as Yilmaz, hot prospect.

Mikael Fors (£1.5M) - And another hot prospect.

If our defense don't become more solid with Cuca in it I dunno what to do. He looks scary good. I seem to be conceding a lot more goals since the latest patch in general though. Couple of very good strikers to, hopefully this extra competition will keep Chibwe on his toes.

We also have one more striker coming in in January. He's Argentinian and only turned 18 after the transfer window closed, so I have to wait for him.

Gaston Sanchez (£3M) - Deal was done over a year ago, and I'm glad I did, cause they now want £12M for him according to the latest scout reports. I have really high hopes for this kid.

In other news

• I've started retraining all our wingers to be able to play MC or SC, cause we're simply that much better when we play 4123.
  • Koen Knol is now being tutored by Bertolacci. He didn't even put up a fight, just said he'd be delighted to learn from him. So maybe there is still hope for the kid.
  • Fiorentina hammered us 4-1 in the Italian Super Cup, but I played a 100% reserve team in preparation for then 2nd leg of the Champions Cup Best places playoff so I'm not surprised.
  • We beat Celtic 4-0 in that game (7-2 on agg.), and are in the ECC again. We are in Group A, together with Real Madrid, Dinamo Moscow and Brøndby..

Yea, he's still young though, never know. :) Have a few others in mind as future captains though. Mainly Pedrosa who is the current vise captain.

Sorry to see you lose that great early form this season, but at least you survived. :) Nice to see the board already thinking of the future with that upgrade to. Hope you can push into the top half next season, or even promotion places. Good luck! :thup:

Yea, definitely hoping to push for the title rlipscombe. But don't tell my board. :D Just have to keep my players fresh and try to avoid getting in a situation where I have to play Longo in an important match. He's played 5.95 so far in 2(3). Might just go and buy another left-back in January to be safe.

How's it going for you? Did you get past your striker getting that longterm injury and manage to push for promotion?

it's going ok... we've only played a few games since Vojtus got injured and we've done ok but i'm a lot more nervous going into matches. i've brought in someone on a free to add a bit of depth who i had on trial but didn't overly impress. he has decent stats though and is a target man... time will tell.

I know I'm playing with fire here, with the forum curse and all. :D But this season we've been on fire so far, and I just have to show this last result.

The Old Lady is crumbling.

Now Juventus finished 12th last year and haven't been a top side for a very long time here, but this still must be one of the best matches I've ever played. Chibwe and Pitcher already have 50 goals between them this season. I wish I had never even considered playing with wingers, totally wasted a couple of seasons. 3 strikers all the way! :thup:

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2020/21

1st in Italian Serie A (pred: 6th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Italian Super Cup

We lost 4-1 to Fiorentina. Mostly due to playing a full reserve team in preparation for the Champions League qualifiers.

The League

We won it quite comfortably. Some brilliant form in the first half of the season gave us a 9 point lead in January and we never lost it. We scored more goals than ever but the "For-Ag" is also a bit influenced by some really crazy matches. We scored more than 6 goals in 6 different matches. Mostly against the bottom teams, but hammering Juventus (10-1 and 6-1), who somehow managed to climb up to 4th this year, was pretty amazing.

Fiorentina are still our main contenders, we've won it every other year the last 4 seasons now. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of competition behind Fiorentina. Bari have got some new rich owners and actually beat me to a couple of players the last couple of summers. But they are still 14 points behind Fiorentina and 23 behind us.

Italian Cup (fixtures)

We won it again, this time beating Udinese in the final. Think we were kind of lucky with the draw again.

The European Champions Cup (fixtures | group a)

Our form was great until the Quarter final again. As usual Barcelona knocked us out, and again it was on away goals. I'm getting a bit tired of playing against them. I know we can beat them to, just need a little bit of luck. They knocked out Fiorentina in the Semi Final, but lost to Lyon in the final.

There's some scary good regen players in these top European teams. I'm also a bit surprised that it's the top teams in England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany that's always getting to the latter stages atm. Usually when I get to 2020+ in a save there's some Portuguese and even Turkish sides that totally dominate. Maybe the last patch actually made the big European teams plan more for the future to keep them at the top level longer. I dunno. It definitely feels like it will take a lot of luck to beat all of these teams and win the competition atm. But that's a nice change really.

First Eleven (when fit)

GK - Nahuel Garcia

DR - Cuca

DC - Abdessamad Hajji

DC - Arkaitz Costa

DL - Jan Seeger

DMC - Marco Pedrosa

MC - Salvatore Perego

MC - Alejandro Marchegiani

SC - Lee Pitcher

SC - Allan Chibwe

SC - Paulo

We have a great first elven in my opinion. Especially pleased with our striker trio scoring more than 100 goals between them. The one position I'm a bit uncertain about is the goalkeeper. I might make David Sole the main man next season, he's been a backup for 4 seasons now and is starting to show some potential.

I think we need some better backup players in some positions. Mainly a left sided defender, preferably one who can also play central. Ludovico Longo is going to be sold this summer, even if I have to offer him out for peanuts. After this horrible horrible match, where I was resting players before the 2nd leg against Barcelona, I've had enough of him. I fined him 2 weeks wages for his crap performance and he didn't like it. We had a conversation and it went a bit like this :

Him: I'm not happy about the fine!

Me: Well you deserved it, you were playing like a grandma in a wheelchair!

Him: I did not!!

Me: Shut up or I transfer list you!

Him: Go ahead!

So he's got to go. If no one wants him I'll terminate his contract. If he honestly thinks a 3.6 rating in any match (no matter the opposition) doesn't warrant a 2 week fine, he's got no future here.

Should also mention Koen Knol, the Dutch wonderkid who likes to kick people. Seems he's calmed down a bit at least after being tutored by Bertolacci, although I dunno if that had any real impact cause I got no report on it. No red cards this season, but still 9 yellow in 23 is a bit high. If he turns out to be as good as he looks like he might, I'll just live with it though. We also have Mattia Biagini coming in from Juventus this summer for £8M. I've been following him for a year or so, and I think he might become another Perego. So I'm starting to like our options in midfield. Will probably get rid of at least some of the wide players though. Will never go back to playing with wingers, and most of them are 21 years or more now and aren't even close to being good enough.

Gaston Sanchez the Argentinian striker that joined in January (cause he wasn't 18 yet in the summer), arrived with a broken leg. 4 months out and he only just managed to get back for the last few matches. I still have high hopes for him though, if he can get a couple of seasons with 15-20 games he could become another superstar.

I also want to mention Alejandro Delgado, who's been her for 3 seasons now. He's finally starting to show his potential, and I've retrained him so he's no acomplished in the MC position as well. Think he could become very useful in the next few seasons.

Our under 20 team came 10th in their group this season, and have never really been in the top. They also lost in the 1st round of the cup. I think I'm gonna try to do something about this. We still haven't had a single decent player come through our own academy though, so I'll have to go shopping.

The Finances

Same as last year. TV-money keeping us rich. Hopefully we can get a big stadium expansion soon, we're running out of chairs.

The Future

• Improve in a few areas, get some better backup players mainly.
  • Improve the youth team!
  • Beat Barcelona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]19/20[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9tab.jpg"]4th[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	A step back?
[b]20/21[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	Domestic double!

[b]Italian Serie A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]20/21[/url]

[b]Italian Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9itcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10icupfix.jpg"]20/21[/url]
[b]Italian Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9supcup.jpg"]19/20[/url]

Venezia pre-season 2021/22

Transfers (Sold: ~£18M | Spent: ~£31M)

Players Out

Davide Petrucci to Udinese for £5M and Nahuel Garcia to Fiorentina for £12M. Some loan/co-own deals, and a ton of crap U20 players released.

Players In

Most signings were to rebuild the U20s, but 4 will be in the first team:

Mattia Biagini (£8M) - Already mentioned in last update.

Francisco Javier (Free) - New left-back, backup player.

Carlos Sousa (£4.5M) - Very hot prospect, central defender.

Robert Holm (£1.8M) - Was going to be in the U20s, but with Garcia gone I need a 3rd choice goalie in the first team.

Here's the signings for the U20 team

[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pu20assrep.jpg"]U20 - Players - Assistant Reports[/url][/b]

Name			AGE	POS		COST
--------------------------------------------------------
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp5.jpg"]Simone Giudice[/url][/b]		18	MC/AMC/SC	£1.5M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp6.jpg"]Paolo Mancini[/url][/b]		17	SC		£3.6M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp7.jpg"]Ashley Parsons[/url][/b]		17	DLC		£750K
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp8.jpg"]Marco D'Angelo[/url][/b]		18	GK		£1.2M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp9.jpg"]Alessio Bonato[/url][/b]		18	GK		£1.6M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp10.jpg"]Imanol[/url][/b]			19	MLC/AMLC	£1.3M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp11.jpg"]Cleber*[/url][/b]			17	MC		£1.8M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp12.jpg"]Alfredo Aller[/url][/b]		18	SC		£1.1M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp13.jpg"]Gaetano Vaccari[/url][/b]		17	AMC/SC		£750K
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp14.jpg"]Vanni Moretto[/url][/b]		17	DRC		£1.6M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11pp15.jpg"]Jose Antonio Alonso[/url][/b]	18	DL		£1.3M
--------------------------------------------------------
*has Italian 2nd nat. so could join before being 18

Fiorentina spent £51M on improving their already brilliant squad. In addition to buying Garcia from us they got Maldonado (£29M) and Lemercier (£10M) as well.

European Champions Cup Group C - we were seeded 1st. Tough group though.

Des Tiny's

Club Haro Deportivo

club-haro-deportivo-logo-primary.jpg

Spanish Second Division B2

Pre Season 2012/13

Joining the Club

Des Tiny was looking for a new challenge after the disappointments he had suffered at Penalva Castelo, Machico, Darfo Boario & the latest at Langreo. Looking for a club with a reasonable fan base, prospects above relegation battling and another shot in the Spanish leagues. When he saw Haro Deportivo it was like the perfect club, a YOuth Academy and good training facilities were a bonus.

Signing Some Players

The best of the previous signings from Langreo were going to be sort after here, so Tiny managed to bring in his strike force, Campana, Ledda & Calderon, two of his defenders in Ranieri & Diallo, but he also added a large number of new faces as he experimented with a great 4-3-3. Knowing that it is a tough division and he needs to score goals and stop them there was a focus on strengthening the middle of the park and then letting the rest develop itself.

The Aims

The aim in this season is really to avoid relegation, though I am pretty sure my club is good enough to be top half, especially after the results we had in the friendlies with a 2-0 win over Betis (Liga BBVA) & also a tight loss 1-2 to Numancia (Liga Adelente). So pushing forwards and lets see what happens with an attacking formation and team.

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2020/21

1st in Italian Serie A (pred: 3rd) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Italian Super Cup

Won 2-0 over Udinese.

The League

Was looking tough half way through. Fiorentina on route to 100 points. We were on 45p, exactly the same as last season, but back then Fiorentina were already 9p behind us. That and this horrible loss away to them, with pretty much a full strength squad, made me really worried. But after we beat them 3-0 at home they kind of just fell a part. Few games later we were the ones with a 5p lead instead. In the end it's almost a copy of last season except Palermo have closed the gap in 3rd.

2 times in a row!

Italian Cup (fixtures)

Won it again, this time beating Milan in the final.

The European Champions Cup (fixtures | group c)

Brilliant until we met Barcelona, as usual. Surprised at how bad Man Utd have become, they have a really old team. How Sporting got past Fiorentina and Real Madrid to reach the Semi Final is beyond me, but it gave us the easiest possible road into the final.

But again Barcelona beat us. Really ****ed cause I think we deserved to beat them with 2-3 goals (5-0 in CCC :( ) in this match, and cause our world class Cuca played like a little schoolgirl. :mad:

Same as last season, so can't be bothered listing them again. Just ask if you want anyone in particular.

Will just show Chibwe again, since he's our big star. He picked up pretty much every award he could possibly pick up this season. 146 goals in 152 apps now.

Oh, and the youth team won their group in amazing fashion. Money well spent in that department. Hopefully some of them will become future stars, or in worst case I hope to sell them for profit. Will try to keep bringing them in. Youth academy is finally getting a upgrade as well this summer.

The Finances

Scary good. Dunno where I should spend it though, I feel like we have a squad capable of winning anything already. Just need some luck.

The Future

Just keep going I guess. Not much more I can do now. Got one huge signing ready already, and he won't cost a dime. Brazilian cultured defensive midfielder Flavinho is joining when his contract ends.

[b]20/21[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	Domestic double!
[b]21/22[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Final	I hate Barcelona!

[b]Italian Serie A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11tab.jpg"]21/22[/url]

[b]Italian Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9itcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10icupfix.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11icupfix.jpg"]21/22[/url]
[b]Italian Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9supcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11scup.jpg"]21/22[/url]

* Off-topic - What's up with this thread (and forum in general). Activity at a all time low. :confused:

** And more off topic, my transfer history bug seems to be a known issue.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/260938-Patch-11.3-Problem-with-transfer-history

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257895-Transfer-history-bug-in-11.3

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258406-Transfer-history-bug

Ohanzee - congrats on your two titles in a row. having been there in CL finals before (also against Barcelona) i know how you feel. Chibwe is scarily good isn't he? and it's not just the goals but the assists too! you are just a little luck away from completing this challenge - i reckon it COULD be next season now... fingers crossed. i want to see 'my' Venezia win the CL!!!!

LLR - sounds like you've found yourself a decent sounding club there. fingers crossed that this pre-season form can carry through to the league season.

as for the lack of activity in the thread and the forum in general, it's a little disappointing. the challenges in general seem to be struggling this year more than ever. guess the Career thread has increased in popularity but even that seems to have quietened a little.

I think the forums seem a lot quieter across the board, I regularly look into the Skinning & Editing Forums and they are down a lot on previous versions as well, no idea why the forums are so quiet.

I am hopeful that my club can make the difference, started the league unbeaten with two 1-1 results, both goals scored by 17 year old Calderon...Playing as my Target man, Poacher 19yr old Campana had a goal disallowed as offside, blatantly onside, protested and silence...grrr.

Archived