Mr Hough Winger 10.3

I've been playing with a (heavily) modified version of this tactic since FM '11 came out, managed to win all domestic titles with Liverpool and also reach the UEFA cup final. I've kept the offensive bit more or less the same (with a few adjustments to the strikers' mentality) and it works just as well as it worked in FM '10. The defense I overhauled completely and I managed to have the second best defense in the PL in my Liverpool save. If Mr.H gieves me his permission I could upload it here or on a different thread giving him full credit since it is his tactics in essence, otherwise if anyone is interested just contact me privately.

Here is a screenshot of my final PL position, I can also provide one for the rest of the competitions if needed:

plwin.png

Go for it mate i'd like to have a look as well i'm struggling defensivly

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?9nr9ol6dv5modr2

Some key pointers:

1. I left all set pieces on their default settings as I did not want them to influence results too much.

2. Against opposition with attacking fullbacks (or when trying to hold on to a lead), it might be a good idea to ask your wingers to specific mark the fullbacks. It will make you slightly less effective on the counter but it will improve your defense, especially since crosses are much more dangerous in FM 11. If you leave wide players unmarked you will concede.

3. Against strong teams that play with 3 players in the center of the pitch, it might be worth considering having one of your strikers specific mark their DM. Even more so if it is a deep lying playmaker.

4. When one of your players gets booked, lower his tackilng settings to normal or cautious depending on how brave you feel. Personaly, I go for normal. Also, try to avoid signing midfielders with a very high aggression attribute, in my experience so far with FM '11 they get booked considerably more often than in FM '10.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
1 minute ago, eldanielito said:

Hi guys! (I know, 7 years late). Does anybody cruising around on this tactic? Had plans for so long to succeed SAF at Man Utd. Best regards!

dont understand the question. my nan could succeed fergie, hes nothing special

Archived