A problem with Windows 7. God bless you if you help me. :X

Hi, guys. I bought a new computer and installed Windows 7. I installed FM 2010 and when i click twice the FM icon, the system is thinking for about 5 sec. and then the game isn't starting. I have never had a problem like that and i can't solve it. I hope someone can help me. Cheers, mates. :)

You could try running it in administration mode as well.

Right click the program and select it from the drop down box, top choice if I recall correctly.

If the FM.exe in the SI folder works, then make sure the short cut is okay on the games icon properties.

Do you have 32 bit or 64 bit, if its 64 bit (which i suspect as it isn't running) click the computer icon on your desktop, then click "WinVista (C: )", you will have list of folders, one will say "program files" another which should be directly below it saying "program files (x86)".

Click the "program files" folder to see if the Sports Interactive folder is in that list, if it is copy and paste it to the the other folder called "program files (x86)", now try to run the game from Sports Interactive folder you just copied to the "program files (x86)" folder.

Sometimes this problem is the other way around, it will install in the "program files (x86)" but will need to be moved or copy and pasted to the "program files" folder and run from there, its a strange quirk but happens with random games at random times, could be your problem, worth a try.

I've a 32-bit, and where is that "WinVista"? May be ive to click my computer icon with right buton? But there's nothing like "WinVista". Sorry if i ask stuped questions, but i realy can't understand you. :)

Yup, i have all the latest drivers. I installed everything before two days. :)

I've a 32-bit, and where is that "WinVista"? May be ive to click my computer icon with right buton? But there's nothing like "WinVista". Sorry if i ask stuped questions, but i realy can't understand you. :)

Yup, i have all the latest drivers. I installed everything before two days. :)

Double click (left button) the computer icon on your desktop, it will be a pic of a computer screen, your C: drive, it could be named something else on yours but will still have the C: with the name, (WinVista on mine) thats the one i mean, double click your C: drive and then a list of folders should be listed, it might say "show hidden folders and files" or something like that, if it does, click show them.

If your saying you have 32bit, i dont think it will be the problem i've explained, are you definitely sure its 32bit, reason i ask is i've noticed nearly all computers seem to sold 64bit rather than 32bit, recently anyway.

I'm going to find out what i can about 32bit and fm probs, ok mate.

Vista and 7:

C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista and 7:

In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Found this on searching on here, corrupted cache files, worth a go too.

And again nothing works. Huh, I'm desperate now.

Is there any problem that I installed the game in ( D: ) ???

Sorry that I'm wasting your time, you could've spent it for much more entertaining things. :)

As a rule your main disk drive, windows is on it, your files, your games, music etc, is usually listed as your C: drive, your DVD/CD drive is usually D:, they can be different, i mean its just a letter to represent it, so it doesn't really matter, all you have to remember i, when someone gives you a file path to follow, its usually starts C:\user\..........whatever comes next, if you main disk is represented by D:, you change it to D:\USER.......simple really.

Do me a favour mate, Click Start, type system in the search program and files box, and then click system in the control panel list, on the page that comes up it will tell you if your computer is 32bit or 64 bit.

Also dont worry about us needing more entertaining things to do, we are nerds therefore we need this to stimulate our minds :)

And again nothing works. Huh, I'm desperate now.

Is there any problem that I installed the game in ( D: ) ???

Sorry that I'm wasting your time, you could've spent it for much more entertaining things. :)

Intel Core II Duo 2.93Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Ati Radeon HD 4550 512Mb, Motherboard is Asus P5Q SE5 or something like that. :)

Perfectly good for this game, and some actually, so its not that.

I had to go to c:program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010\FM.exe then copy that exe as a shortcut on the desktop then normally should run, this happened to me on vista first time round for me but all good on 7 so far.

have you right clicked the shortcut for FM and checked the location its starting in mine is currently: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010"

and the target just above is : "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe"

Check yours and post back!

If its a new pc did you download and install the latest versions of both Java and Directx? The game needs these to work. Just because you've got a new pc dont assume that it will be virus free. I bought a new pc a few years ago from one of my local high street shops and when I got it home and set it up it had a virus on it! I know its probably very rare that this kind of thing happens but it does occasionally.

Installed java, but everything is the same. :[

I found something strange. When i list the installed programs in Control Panel I can't found FM 2010. So the system isn't recognizing the program as installed. May be that's the problem??

Archived