"Come on you Whites!"- Bolton Wanderers thread

ypresfr

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would recommend Rafael Sobis if he's not moved: excellent striker in my Bolton save. You can also try Cavani if he's still available.

Huntelaar seems to do well whenever the AI buys him and also he does seem to be reccomended a lot on here so he's probably a good option. Never performed for me but I've only had him twice so maybe I'm not giving him enough of a chance.

Any of them would be great. icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

worth11

I would advise with a team like Bolton using a 4-1-2-2-1 system like this;

GK
RB CB CB LB
   DM
 CM  CM
AMR     AML
   ST

It's a nice compact syatem perfect for counter attacking football, which you made need to play against a few of the other Premier League sides. I can upload the tactic to rapidshare so you can give it a go in preseason if you like?

As for players to sign, I dont think I can help you there as Im not sure what kind of players would be interested in sining for Bolton.

I have my fullbacks set to "forwards runs rarely" as I find it leaves too much space for the opposition to get at my centre backs if I always have my full backs bombing forward. And I dont usually have players swapping positions unless I use the system when Im at a bigger club. (eg. Man United, Juventus, etc.)

Hi, im just about to play my second season with Bolton Wanderers, finished 6th in first, is that a good or bad season do you think? I was only given £3m to spend so i got barely any new players. I was given £32m in the second though! I have spent like crazy now and have a much stronger team - im looking to do better in all comps this year.

What would be realictic expectations for League, League Cup, FA Cup and Euro Cup?

I use the classic 'Simple67' 4-4-2 formation which is supposed to be very good so i am going to test it.

Heres my team - what do you think?

GK - Jussi Jaskelainen

DR - Nicky Hunt

DL - Ricardo Gardener

DC - Dario Dainelli

DC - Gary Cahill

MR - Patrick Owomoyela

ML - Szabolcs Huszti

MC - Gojko Kacar

MC - Kevin Nolan

ST - Claudio Pizzaro

ST - Scott Sinclair

S1 - Oscar Ustari

S2 - Sotiris Kyrgiakos

S3 - Pa-Modou Kah

S4 - Jerko Leko

S5 - Georginio Wijnaldum

S6 - Kevin Davies

S7 - Nordin Amrabat

Other First-Team Players;

Tomasz Kuszczak

Gretar Rafn Steinsson

Gavin McCann

Thiago Motta

Gustavo Varela

Anduele Proyor

Henrik Larsson

Youngsters;

Nicklas Barkroth

Thiago

Henri Saivet

Aquino

If you are wandering why i do not have Diouf, it is because the board stepped in and sold him for only £8m! Hes worth well more!

Anyway, Cheers :)

• 1 month later...

I have just started a New Bolton Game to finish off FM08 with.

Looking to play a lone Striker up front with a FIVE man midfield or a AMC if I can get a good player there.

I looking for a obtainable Striker who can run with/hold balls up, with impecable finishing - Davies is out for 2 months and the rest is are crap basically?

I have solde Diouf for $8M, as I dont rate him..

Signings - July

Rene Mihelic - $250K

Steffen Iverson -$1.1M subject to contract?

Recommendations anybody?

• 1 year later...

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have currently just started a new save of fm10 10.3 and was wondering if anyone could help me with my tactics. Im still currently signing players but my current tactics that i am using are 3 centre backs, 2 dms(1 anchor man and one deep lying playmaker) lm, rm and a box to box cm. I am also playing 2 up front with a target man support which is davies with another striker up top with them being an advanced forward or a poacher.

I have currently signed a few players and they are

Jorge Ribeiro (i think) lb

Chris cohen cm (he will be my box to box)

Mathew booth cb

I also looking at signing a few more players including 2 maybe 3 cbs, couple more dms another box to box cm i was thinking (pratley from swansea)

im also looking for some more strikers.

does anyone have any players for these postions and what do u think to my tactics

cheers

Archived