"Come on you Whites!"- Bolton Wanderers thread

ypresfr

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've done very well to be coming second with that team cos, no offence, it's not the best but it's working for you so who am I to judge? icon_wink.gif

GK: Surely Jussi is better than Bialkowski. Don't know too much about him tbh but Jussi is excellent for 3/4 seasons. Somemone like Enyeama would be good and cheap or someone like Costil would be ideal for the future. Otherwise look in the South American teams cos there are generally good goalies like Felipe, Joao Carlos and Diego Cavilieri in there.

DR: Again, you have depth and obv Volz is working fine for you but Hunt is better for me. I would hold off buying here unil next season cos you have 3 decent players in this position.

DL: Gardner is fine but I would get a better backup than Samuel tbh. I suppose it's too late to get Pander (contract expiring 1st season). Perhaps look at Pinola from Chivas. Can't think of any others atm.

DC: Meite is good for a couple of seasons. Spiranovic from Nurnburg is a solid and cheap backup. Look at South American players again such as Breno, Sidnei, David Luiz and Miranda.

DC: O'Brien is underrated by the researchers imo, so he's not good enough really. You need a new first choice like Zapata and Felipe from Udinese if you can get them. Garay from Racing is fb as well. If Blackburn went down see if you can get Samba or Nelsen cheaply. Mirel Radoi is solid also.

AMR: Get Menez if you can, altho he is quite pricey. Bentley or Barnes are good if their teams got relegated. Arshavin and Modric aren't bad either. Tranquillo Barnetta provides good cover for both wings.

AML: Menez again would be fb here. M Fernandez is the obvious choice if he hasn't moved. Look at Pedersen if Blackburn have gone down. Farfan can play on both sides. I can also recommend Lulinha, he's an AMC but retrains well on both wings and he's magic for me.

FC: Anelka is great if you can keep hold of him. I see he's unhappy as usual. icon_rolleyes.gif Jimmy Briand would be an excellent replacement, as would Fred from Lyon. Rafael Sobis was excellent for me so he's highly recommended. Everyone knows about Aguero and he would obviously be ideal.

FC: Don't know about Cavenaghi so I can't judge. If you want another look at the ones above or South Americans such as Thiago from Sao Paulo, Palacio, Delgado etc.

Good luck and keep me updated via this thread. icon14.gif

that not my usuall starting 11 but just had sheffield utd, so weakend team.

usually start jussi

and am planning to get robbie keane, jermaine defoe, dimitar berbatov or briand in place of the one and only !

would like it if briand still played on the right, like in 07. on07 is was rennes and he was a fantastic winger !

carlos vela costs to much, even for me so he is not an option =(

oh, and totally unrelated, i got a signed top the other day =D

anyway, back to fm, want jaques faty, for CB because my defence in all honesty is ageing ! if not faty, ill get zat knight

still chasing lulinha, just need to agree a price. think worth 2.5 mill, but they want 10. trying to get it to 7/8 mill

anyway, i shall post my end of season stats.

so untill then, bye bye !

Transfer window has just closed. Here's what's happenened:

IN

Anduele Pryor- Free

Dorian Andronic- £50k

Dagoberto- £2.2 million

Joe Mattock- £2 million

Segundo Alejandro Castillo- £1.8 million

OUT

Jaroslaw Fojut- Loan

Ricardo Gardner- £4.4 million

Chris Basham- £80k

Not a great deal of trasfer activity then. Here's my team:

GK: Jussi/Al-Habsi

WBR: Steinsson/Hunt

WBL: Mattock/Samuel

DC: Cahill/A O'Brien

DC: Meite/Andronic

DM: Castillo/Campo

MC: Guthrie/McCann

MC: Nolan/J O'Brien

AMR: Diouf/Vaz Te

AML: Taylor/Pryor

FC: Dagoberto/Davies

Played 4 games, currently 5th in the league:

Bolton 4-0 Wigan (Dagoberto (3) icon_biggrin.gif , Nolan)

Reading 3-1 Bolton (Cahill)

Bolton 2-1 Sunderland (Guthrie (2))

Blackburn 1-1 Bolton (Taylor)

Not a bad start given the squads relatively weak. Will post regular updates. icon14.gif

Not bad signings mate. Stancu should get you a few goals. Recent results for me:

Bolton 1-1 Man Utd (Rasiak)

Everton 2-1 Bolton (Diouf)

Bolton 1-2 Artmedia (Braaten) icon_frown.gifPlayed B team

Bolton 2-0 Fulham (Dagoberto, Pryor (pen))

Upto seventh and hopefully that win will set me on a good run.

Well done mate, some excellent results. I always seem to lose to Everton as well. How have your new signings been so far?

Some more from me:

Watford 0-1 Bolton (Cahill) League Cup

Arsenal 0-1 Bolton (Dagoberto) icon_biggrin.gif

Artmedia 0-2 Bolton (Diouf, Cahill)

Newcastle 2-1 Bolton (Dagoberto)

Shame about the Newcastle game cos I was on a good run. 4 away games in a row as well so happy to have won 3 of them. My UEFA Cup group is:

Panathinaikos

Besiktas

Getafe

Bolton

ZTE

Not exactly easy but expecting to qualify tbh.

Looking forward to hearing from you! icon_smile.gif

Yeah I suppose cos all of the teams in your group are pretty similar in terms of ability it may be a toss up as to who goes through whereas in mine ZTE are obv the weakest so it's 3 out of 4 to go through. I think you'll qualify from that group tbh. icon14.gif

i apologise. Vaz Te on there next month!

anyway. enialated my uefa cup group. currently 5th bout 10th January.

signed:

Enyeama- fans love him already!

Altidore- Have to wait for 5 yeaqrs to play and none of my affiliates can spped it up!

Vokes- Scored 3 in 2!

Mouche(end august)- out at elche for 3 seasons

jimenez- july 3.4 mil!!

Good signings mate. Jimenez is one of the best playmaker bargains in the game, Vokes looks on fire and Enyeama is very solid.

As for Diouf, on each game it's different and I don't really know so I can't comment. Maybe you just got lucky!

Good luck! icon14.gif

Just started a game with Bolton on 8.0.0, am looking to achieve a UEFA Cup place through the league.

Am looking to bring in Stancu, Aaritalo, Derek Boateng, Flamini (on loan), Ignashevich (long shot), Zarate, Distel Zola and possibly Enyeama.

I'm looking to sell some of the back-up players, namely Cid, Walker, Al-Habsi, McCann, Davies and Giannakopoulos.

Seems like a good challenge managing Bolton, I think I'm going to enjoy this game!

Originally posted by conference_north:

Just started a game with Bolton on 8.0.0, am looking to achieve a UEFA Cup place through the league.

Am looking to bring in Stancu, Aaritalo, Derek Boateng, Flamini (on loan), Ignashevich (long shot), Zarate, Distel Zola and possibly Enyeama.

I'm looking to sell some of the back-up players, namely Cid, Walker, Al-Habsi, McCann, Davies and Giannakopoulos.

Seems like a good challenge managing Bolton, I think I'm going to enjoy this game!

Welcome mate: enjoy yourself! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Welcome mate: enjoy yourself! icon_smile.gif

Thank you!

It's going well so far...

Managed to sell Cid, Giannakopoulos and Davies for a total of £5.5m.

Have signed Mauro Zarate (£3.1m), Ignashevich (free), Aaritalo (£250k), Doudin (£10k), Mihelic (£100k), Radoi (£2.1m), Kallon (free), Flamini and Capel (loan).

Newcastle have bid £7.5m for Diouf, I've accepted the bid but not sure whether to sell, I may look to sign Wilhelmsson permanently and bring in another right-sided midfielder, not sure who yet...

Hi guys, new starter with Bolton, never been them before in my life i dont think!!

Any tips for who to let leave??

For the 1st season i suppose it is all about staying up and finishing as high as poss, so i dont want to change the tactics too much.

Is it worth keeping Helguson, campo, Speed etc or can i sell all these and reduce the wage budget and then get some good english players?

How much would Gretar Steinsson set me back does anyone know?

I want to sign a right back and obviously a left winger and striker?

I am going to be on 8.0.1 so any help in the future would be great !!

Cheers Dan

Hi Danny, good choice mate!

On 8.0.1 try and get rid of Cid, Walker, Andranik, Stelios, Speed, Campo, Helguson and possibly Andy O'Brien if you can, that should bring wages down a bit. Depending on who you've bought you could get rid of the players in those positions from the original squad. As for Steinsson I'm not sure tbh, maybe £3-5 mill, have you done a scout report? Great player irl btw.

DR: Justin Hoyte (Loan) err... that's it really, didn't think I'd need a DR first season cos Hunt and J O'Brien are pretty good.

AML: Lulinha can play there and is amazing. Maybe Kewell on loan? Also try for Dzudszak (sp) from Debrecen. Wilhelmsson is okay or put Dioufy there and buy Gabriel Torje for the right.

FC: Bogdan Stancu for back-up: you still have Anelka on 8.0.1 remember!

Good luck mate and keep me posted! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

evening ypresfr, i have been having some problem getting started, so i have litrally loaded it up.

Diouf has got a wnt next to his name , apparenly pompey want him, should i sell or is he too good??

I really dont have a clue about bolton to be hoenst, Liverpool is my time so i only really no anything about guthrie who is going to be a quality player btw, you better not want to keep him i want him back at liverpool :p

Is Mauro Zarate worth signing? Steinson report says he would be a good signing and worth 3 million, i want matty taylor aswell if i can get him.

What tactics do you use? should i do the the old kevin davies as a target man and lump it or what ?

cheers again

Well if we get relegated Guthrie won't want to stay so we won't have a choice. I would love to keep him tho: he's quality!

Well Dioufy was pants for Liverpool irl so you may want to sell him out of revenge? icon_razz.gif Seriously tho sell him if you want more cash but if you don't need the cash then keep him he's an excellent player!

Zarate would be fb forgot about him, yeah get him as backup for Anelka. I wouldn't bother with Steinsson unless you sell Hunt or J O'Brien cos they're pretty good. As for Taylor don't rate him irl can't score now he's with us but on the game he's okay so yeah look into signing him.

No, I didn't really lump it to Davies tbh. I used a 4-4-1-1 with Anelka on his own cos it was a solid tactic defensively but when I got better more attacking players I used the "winning tactic" 3.0.2 and it won me the Prem! I'll send you the 4-4-1-1 to get you started if you pot you're e-mail address. Cheers! icon14.gif

Game's going well so far for me. Am fifth in the league after eight games. Only defeats against Everton and Chelsea which were both 1-0. Also through to the UEFA Cup Group stage and the League Cup fourth round.

Managed to keep Diouf who has been my best player this season. Anelka has started to hit form, and the defence is sound: five goals conceded in the league, thanks to Jaaskelainen, Ignashevich and Radoi.

My scout reckons Robbie Keane would be available for £8m, but I need to get some further funds to sign him. Might be worth a try at the end of the season.

yeh finished my fifth season.

building a solid team slowly

lulinha and banega are class

chelsea willing to shell out 20m on each

but as lulinha was battling with drogba or top scorer in the 4th season never mind that lol

banega played 16 games, 4 goals, 8 assists and avg rating of 7.47, his class

In 4th season I signed:

holzer - schalke - free (regen, the potential to be a leading prem division cm in future)

denilson - arsenal 7m

boriello - genoa 6.5m

sold: ederson for 12m to chelsea, nolan for 11m to everton and released lots of backup or under 18's with no real potential.

Boriello hit 12 goals in 21 games

denilson was not too great tbh

holzer was just in my under 18's, really took shape in the 5th season

I came 3rd in this season and was very happy with that

In the 5th season I felt i needed a strong centre back,two good wingers one back up to mota and another first team one, I felt I also need a left back and right back.

I had a lot of money to spend

So I bought:

Zapata - Liverpool - 7.5m ( was rotting in their reserves)

Dzudszak - Blackburn - 8m ( had a cracking season, good backup indeed)

Walcott - Arsenal - 10m ( 3rd joint top scorer in 4th season)

Marcelo - Inter - 16m ( looked brilliant, the left back i needed)

Cassani - Roma - 12m ( sold to Roma for 25m from lyon in 3rd season, however they bought a few good right backs in and was unsettled, i declared my interest and took him for a cut price)

Sold:

No one but sent holzer and another good youth prospect demetriou out on loan to lens and west brom respectively)

I came 4th here not surprised to be honest

Here Arsenal who came 4th in 4th season bought guardado, silva, bojan and dos santos in. Not surprised they came first this season

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

How can you get Jaaskelainen to sign a new contract?

Am running 6th in the league, in the semis of the Carling Cup and in the group stages of the UEFA Cup. Still doesn't seem interested in a contract!

I'm looking at potential free transfers for the summer. Kehl, Barnetta, Edman and Pander are possibles, I will be looking to get Kewell as well.

apy, sounds good mate I'm sure you'll win the title soon, you must have a pretty fb team by now. Good luck! icon14.gif

conference_north, I got him to sign near the start of the season so maybe it becomes more difficult as the season goes on. Try praising his performances and things like that. Hope it works! Pander is a fb left-back for free so get him if you can mate. Barnetta will be a good winger I suppose and Kehl is okay as a backup DM, nothing special for me tho. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

guys i need help ASAP

I have only sold Mitchalik(spelling) and gerrard Cid, for a million and a half each.

So i dont really have much to spend. I cant get ANYONE to join. I seem to have bidded for about 20 players and i keep getting rejected, my squad isnt performing and Diouf is moaning about joining a bigger club.

I need any players for CB or CM and maybee a striker who i can get for either 4 million for one players or basically players cheeper than that.

Also, how do i get the best out of Nolan, he hasnt got above a 6 in my friendlies :@

Cheers lads

Dan

Danny, here are some suggestions:

CB: Mirel Radoi, Matthew Spiranovic, Malkhaz Asatiani (compensation???), Samba (if you're lucky), Hobbs or Evans (Loan).

MC: One of Arsenal's (Song, Diaby, Denilson, Flamini) or Kewell on loan, Defour (bit pricey), Asatiani again, Iversen (play him AMC)

FC: Stancu, Doudin, Ganea (free on 8.0.0 iirc), Dagoberto, Arouna Kone (Loan), Iversen, Vaz Te is unrealistically good on the game.

Nolan should improve, just give him time. Plays marginally better at AMC imo but he's fine at MC too.

Good luck! icon14.gif

yprestf your a great help!!

Thanks i will try and get some of this lot, nice start to the season, something like (A) Newcaslte (h) Chelsea and away to portsmouth

something like that. I remember looking at it , thinking o ******** and saving and closing down.

Wish me look i will report back soon.

Dan

my season is going great!

came 4th in the prem, but only got in uefa cos liverpool won champo league

runner up in uefa, lost tio marsille

won fa cup beat spurs

lost community sheild final 5-4 on penalties to man utd, after drawing 5 5 after normal time!

currently 5th in october

Not the best start, not the worst either!!

Results so far are

(H) Newcastle lost 2-1(batterd them and couldnt score)

(A) Portsmouth lost 3-0 dreadful performance

(H) Chelsea won 1-0 icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

(A) Aston Villa Won 4-2 - could have been 10-2

(H)Arsenal Drew 2-2 again should have won really

Not the worst performances just need to finish teams off!

Signed a few players, Zarate on deadline day looks handy, he got a 9 in his first game against arsenal. Also, Daniel Jensen for centre mid looks like he goes well with Nolan.

Let Mikel Alonso go back to Sociadad, cancelled his loan as he wasnt needed.

Perhaps most interesting part has been my spat with Diouf. He claimed in public he wanted to go, i did the dont go stay here and we will improve, but he handed in a transfer request. Then didnt turn up for training 3 times in a week, slated just about everything about the club and was furious when i turned down a bid of 3 million(YES 3 MILLION) from Reading. How does that make sense, Bolton to Reading!!!

Eventually i sold him for 7 Million to Portsmouth about 2 days from the end of the transfer window, so i have got 6 million left over.

Could get Sparanovic(spelling) he went to Watford for 1.8 million and i simply could afford that sort of money as i had sold Diouf at that point.

Next games are somthing like, (A) Sunderland (H) Aris(euro Cup) (A)Everton (H) Aris (H) Man utd.

Win at Sunderland and 2 draws is probs the best i can get out the next 3 league games, which is ok because i am only aiming for Top half and then i can have a mass clear out of all the deadwood, Ian Walker, Gavin McCann etc and build my own team to challenge for Europe the next season.

Looking good mate, some tough opening matches and I actually think you've made quite a good start! icon14.gif

Try and get 4 points from the next 3 league games, anything more is a bonus.

Everyone seems to have a major problem with Diouf but he was okay with and still in my squad when I won the Prem 4/5 seasons in! £7 mill is a good price tho. And Bolton to Reading??? He must have been desperate!

Keep it up mate! icon_smile.gif

Archived