Lost Man United Away 5-2 Kevin Nolan 1 OG League Cup

Lost Man United Home 3-1 Andrey Arshavin

Currently 4th

Played 8

Won 5

Draw 1

Lost 2

Arshavin on fire lol.

I usually have one bad run in a season that has cost me the title in the last 2 seasons. None yet tho: fingers crossed! I don't think there's a particular way to get out of a run, maybe tell the players they're performing badly??? I find that when it's over you're okay for the rest of the season. Annoying tho...

Originally posted by littleboyc:

Just got UEFA Cup Group Stage Draw

Won 5-2 on aggregate

Got Werder Bremen Lazio Levski and Rubin

Be quite hard but hopefully i can get through.

Struggling at minute got a lot of injurys lol.

pretty hard group but u shud get at least 3rd., shud be ok.

and Matt- yeah i told certain players Nolan, Anelka, Gardner and Diouf that their recent performances havent been good enough! so we will see!

Just finished October 07.

Lost Grasshopper 2-1 Away Arshavin 1 UEFA Cup Won 5-2 Aggeregate

Won Portsmouth Home 1-0 Nolan 1

Lost Arsenal Away 5-2 Arshavin 2

Won Levski Home 1-0 Arshavin 1

Won West Ham Home 4-2 Davies 1 Stancu 1 Arshavin 1 Stelios 1

Not too bad but need to improve away form.

just beat Chelsea 3-2 icon_biggrin.gif another great win against the big ones so did the double over chelsea and united just ashame about the other two!!

latest results:

Bolton 3-1 Man City (Anelka,Vaz Te, Prudnikov)

Chelsea 2-3 Bolton (Nolan 2, Vaz Te)

Bolton 1-0 Hull (Pryor)

Reading 1-2 Bolton (Anelka 2)

and I am now one of Hull manager Phil Brown's favoured personnel he said Bolton can win the title!

Nice both of you. how far ahead are 1st place Littleboyc? and Matt good going! how many games to go?

Tom, long way to go yet. Only played 14 games so far.

Littleboyc, I started off using DirtyJoe's 4-4-1-1 tactic cos it's strong defensively and a good base to build on. Now, cos I've got more attacking players I'm using the "winning tactic" from the tactics forum. I could send you the first tactic by e-mail if you want.

No worry hope it works for you which ever you decide to use.

oo well good luck anyway, to be honest in the premiership its not up to you to win the league u can do enough to win it in say real life but on the game the team who is top runs away with it and sometimes its a bit of a joke!

my title run in!!

Bolton 2-1 Crystal Palace (Pryor, Anelka)

1. Chelsea Games 35 Points 75

2. Bolton Games 35 Points 72

Blackburn 1-3 Bolton (Vaz Te, Meite, Zarate)

1. Chelsea Games 36 Points 78

2. Bolton Games 36 Points 75

Bolton 1-1 Preston (Anelka)

1. Chelsea Games 37 Points 79

2. Bolton Games 37 Points 76

Just surrendered! typical! chelsea goal difference is 5 better than mine so really i need to win 3-0 they need to lose 3-0 or something like that. I had 19 shots against Preston scored 1 they had 2 shots and scored! so irritating this game sometimes!! anyways... Last Game...

Bolton 0-0 Tottenham - once again missed over 20 chances!!

Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle icon_frown.gif

Just looked at the League Table how annoying!! I wish i could swear on this forum!! because its coming out of my mouth right now!!

1. Chelsea 82 Points

2. Man Utd 77 Points

3. Bolton 77 Points

4. Arsenal 68 Points

3rd!!! WHAT!!!??! where the hell did united come from icon_frown.gif

i don't think Kolarov will ever get a work permit icon_frown.gif because hes not south american there is no point in sending him to Elche and my board won't give me another feeder club so his best bet is staying put in england.

for some reason he isnt playing for serbia and i think im going to end up losing him icon_frown.gif

Strange that cos he got a work permit on appeal for me, not playing for Serbia either.. even though he's they're best left-back by some margin! If offering a new contract with key player status doesn't work then I'm stumped I'm afraid, sorry mate. If you're gonna sell him then try and get as close as poss to what you paid for him.

yeah i know. he accepts the contract but doesnt get the work permit. i think hes not playing because he hasnt played 1st team football since he turned 22 and was too old for the under 21s now. so ill keep trying. could become serbia manager and put him in lolbut that would be cheating.

ill look into selling but i doubt i will get my money back since he hasnt played at all

no worries, its the first club thread ive stayed interested in after 1 post i get sick of the arsenals, lyons etc where people just list there squad and basically saying look how amazing my players are, and those teams arent hard to manage but if you have a superb bolton team you have to be proud and people will respect you more and think wow well done.

so its cool. speak tomorrow mate! night

right for some stupid reason the club has terminated the contract with Elche the only hope in hell i had of gettin Cahais, Miranda, Nazarith etc to play for me has gone! this is a joke! now i have to try and get a new work permit feeder club and send them there for 3 years now when they all only needed 1 more season and matias campos 28days!!!!

right summer transfer window will update when its over

Damn that sucks. I found this decent looking young player who I have been advised not to sign because of the difficulty of gaining a work permit for that player. For all interested his name is martial YAo and he plays for ASEC in the Ivory Coast I think. icon_smile.gif

As for my sigings in my first season in the summer. here goes

My ins

Pryor (Vitesse) - Free

Joudren - 100k

Hoiland (Bryne) - 65k

Kallon ( free) - free

Spiranovic - 900k

Zuffi - free

Albrechtsen - free

Torje - 325k

Rajcevic - 300k from red star

My best signing so far looks to be rajcevic, very good defender for me. His form in the three games he has played has been 8-9-8.

Results so far have been

5-0 win over sunderland

2-1 loss to chelsea

3-2 loss to newcastle

2-2 draw with aston villa

Guess im not doing bad, btw yes i never sold anyone :0

i think i need a cheap striker and a cheap central midfielder because adrien from sporting cp never wanted to join me.

Any suggestions?

I am on 4 points in 4 games :S and lie in 11th in the premier league. it's not looking to improve as i happen to have liverpool, man utd and arsenal in my new 3 games and after that pompy and everton :/. I think morale will be bad lol.

ypresfr
thanks for that may call on you for a bit of help. Started my gmae while off work ill yesterday icon_razz.gif

Not a bad start brought in Stancu, Ignashevich and Aaritalo but the board sold Vaz Te from under me to Celtic for 5.25m so wasn't too happy with that.

Started ok, playing a standard Bolton formation of 4-3-2-1 with the 2 wide behind the stiker, found that Braaten, Stancu and Wilhelmson all play well in that position along with Diouf.

Best win of the season was a 3-0 away win at Newcastle with Braaten getting all 3 but stumbled a bit recently and am in 9th. Got Chelsea and Liverpool away in the League and FA cups but still in the Uefa cup in knockout stages against Heerenveen.

Will let you know how I get on

Hey everyone.

Tom, yeah work permits are really annoying. If you've been manager of a club for a while you sometimes get a choice what type you want but they still might come back and say they can find no suitables ones. icon_mad.gif

Apy, what's your transfer budget atm? All of Tom's suggestions are great ofc but it depends on how much money you've got.

Juniorperm. Ah, off ill... sure you were! icon_razz.gif Good signings and I got about that much for Vaz Te in the second season so I wouldn't worry too much, seems great for Tom tho. Good old 4-3-2-1, what I always played with Bolton on earlier FMs/CMs. Do you play a DM as in your midfield 3? Good start and 9th isn't bad at all.

well i have 400k after siging the first guy from dinamo buc icon_biggrin.gif

for striker i've got doudin for free in january icon_smile.gif

so i think im ok now, thanks guys

as for my season, its really weird

beat liverpool 4-2 then lost to bristol city and then thrashed valerenga 4-0.

meh lol

Good signings mate.

As for your form it sometimes goes like that for me too. For example this season I've lost to Watford and Derby, drawn with West Ham and Wolves but beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. Must be something to do with clubs beginning with 'w'! icon_wink.gif

Archived