• Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yo mate like im totally stunned with my hudersfield town side with this tactic mate, i was thinking hope to stay in the leauge but thats not the case in half way through the season and im 2nd ,my team i must say is very poor ,but this tactic just amazes me ,like on avergae im scoring 3 to 5 goals agame ,but i was conceeding heaps at the same time so my tweak to you and every1 else is to : change central defenders to Zonal tight marking and the Defence L/R to tight MAN marking and that has solved my problem big time ........so thanks again Houghy , you tactical Mastermind..

just thinking about the tweaks you mate and they make sense really cos they might stop the opp wingers getting balls into the box.

Good thinking buddy

Are you happiest with this tactic of all the tactics you've created Mr H?

Thinking of switching to this tactic with my Hearts side. The wingers I have are probably my best players which would be a blow to lose - but they're also my most sell able assets so would bring in a rake of cash.

yeah jack this is proberly my best tactic, quite a statement some of the tactics i've made but try it mate it's pretty good.

If you did sell your wingers invest in a ACM look at the player stats that i've put,

The ACM is key in this tactic

yeah jack this is proberly my best tactic, quite a statement some of the tactics i've made but try it mate it's pretty good.

If you did sell your wingers invest in a ACM look at the player stats that i've put,

The ACM is key in this tactic

OK bud, I'll give it a try tonight.

If i have anything like the success I had with Newcastle using your v3, I'll be delighted.

yo mate like im totally stunned with my hudersfield town side with this tactic mate, i was thinking hope to stay in the leauge but thats not the case in half way through the season and im 2nd ,my team i must say is very poor ,but this tactic just amazes me ,like on avergae im scoring 3 to 5 goals agame ,but i was conceeding heaps at the same time so my tweak to you and every1 else is to : change central defenders to Zonal tight marking and the Defence L/R to tight MAN marking and that has solved my problem big time ........so thanks again Houghy , you tactical Mastermind..

do you put your dl dr to tight marking also

Thanks yet again Mr Hough having great success with this formation also. Im playing as Arsenal at the moment and this is a brilliant formation for getting the best out of Arshavin and Fabregas heres a few pics. Im currently winning the league still unbeaten having only conceaded 4 goals but i have still got to play the better teams in the league.

http://s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Vapor1984/?action=view&current=ArsenalFc.jpg

http://s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Vapor1984/?action=view&current=ArsenalFixtures.jpg

WOW... nothing more needs to be said!!

i am fiorentina after being offered a contract after having a successful spell at birmingham, i have have managed to build quite formidable team over 2 seasons winning serie A on the last day in my 2nd season. as you can probably guess i think alot of my tactics, and im quite stubburn to try other peoples, however i wanted to change my 4-1-1 system to utilise my forwards, so i gave this ago and the results so far are:

roma 4-0

roma (cup) 5-1 with 10 men after 20 mins

brescia 6-1

my team is now playing with efficency, shots are mainly on target, and the ball is worked into the box well.

thanks for now!!

Ok was using this tactic and well it wasn't working really... I find players "closing down" far too much leaving gaps to be expoilted... therefore I have adapted (hope your ok with me doing that Mr Hough !) so far unbeaten this season scoring goals and only conceded one goal in eight games so far this season.

If Mr Hough agrees ill put the links back up...

Ok was using this tactic and well it wasn't working really... I find players "closing down" far too much leaving gaps to be expoilted... therefore I have adapted (hope your ok with me doing that Mr Hough !) so far unbeaten this season scoring goals and only conceded one goal in eight games so far this season.

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad295/DazzaE2008/Fixtures.jpg

(sorry forgot how to just post the old jpg !)

Anyone wish to try this out tell me how you get on ??

http://www.filefront.com/15142697/Complete%20Dominance%2042121%20%28Arsenal%2C%20Sep%202010%29.tac

All kudos to Mr Hough if this turns out to be immense, it has been for me so far....

you could of asked before you put links up i don't like that

Sorry mate,

Take em down now in editing the post, won't bother again, gave you all credit mind,

Fair play Mr Etheridge no real harm done,Will give your version a try as i agree it does ship too many goals for my likeing, C'mon guys at the end of the day we all wont to suceed in FM, He has said sorry, Can you give us and Mr hough some idea of what tweaks you have made and why ?

OK,

Tweaks ive done....

Moved closing down on all players to roughly own half or own area. (therefore when a team "breaks" if your players are quick enough they seem to get back and create banks to block shots).

This has made the actual comp start shooting from very very long range this is where the tactic now seems to have fault (juts played benfica game and was beat 2-0, they had same amount of shots on goal as me just my players had more on target, btw there keeper did get MOM for them !!)

Also now I have set the team to attack through the middle and they are set in tactics to easy tackling. I find the tactic's tend to concede goals via stupid free kicks, if the ref is not a card happy one, tell team in game (via shouts - to hassle them and get stuck in !!).

Keeper does a long kick to the support target man.

Defence is the same really with changes to closing down off course.

Now I have two Anchor Mid's... one support central mid (my case fabagras, thinking about changing him to deep lying play maker or sum it).

Two inside forwards (These are the guys scoring the goals.... !!).... All of the different instructions have been changed. My case these are arshavin and rossi (sum times van p tho !)

Finally

Striker is a big bad target man... am guessing a Crouch or a Dzeko in my case would be a good one. He is a support target man, he is holding the ball up for the two inside forwards to do there thing !!.

Sorry about spelling mistakes !!

here are the links again... Mr Hough please feel free to change the tactic in any way or form and do your thing if you think it helps, I do however think the two DMC's could do more for the team... what I dont know...??

http://www.filefront.com/15142697/Complete%20Dominance%2042121%20%28Arsenal%2C%20Sep%202010%29.tac

Edin Dzeko has got 8 in 10 games... not bad so far but he isnt the main threat the main threat are the two inside forwards who run from deep...

Keep us posted with how your season goes especially when playing against top opposition. Would like to see some screenies of stats and goals.

do you know what gets me about people like you please don't take this as offence cos it's not meant to be just an observation really.

on your thread you asked for help so offered to help you i asked you to upload the tactic that you was using and i tweaked it and made it as i thought it should be it litrally took me 2 minutes to see where you where going wrong and to rectofy this, I pmed you back this tactic for you to look at and i wrote a massive post on your thread explaining what i have done and why i have done it, yet i get no thanks for trying to help

you say that you where having trouble scoring goals and creating CCC's with the tactic you sent me, my first game using my version of the tactic i created 6 CCC's and i won that game 3-2 which i think is good considering i just put the sliders where i thought they would be without playing and seeing how it plays in game.

The point i'm getting at it that you suggest i exploit the ME and think i play a certain way without even looking at the tactic, The reason i know you did this is because if you seen the tactic and settings you proberly wouldn't make this comment.

I know i'm rambling on but it is extreamly annoying when i spend alot of my time creating tactics trying to make them better and better, this is not because i exploit the ME maybe i understand it i've watched games play out and tweaked my tactic to stop things happening

i'm sorry again for rambling on but i had to get this off my chest

Skoolsblowme has made the best tactic for FM08 and has his tactic is the best to have been in the tactics forum since 08, probably longer but I started posting in this forum then.

played one game so far just test it.

Very Very impressed with the closing down cos i've noticed my players don't rush around the pitch but wait for the ball this way there is no space for the opp to play through balls.

which is good when the opp play through the middle but will be tricky if they play with wingers or fullbacks cos they will have alot of space to fly up and down the wing and get cross's in

Displine is shocking in my first game i've had 2 players sent off this needs to be looked at i've took the the 'Hassel opp' and 'Get stuck in' shouts off aswell

i won the game 4-2 i'm man utd against broussia dortmunt

These are the changes i would make

leave the closing down on the 2 DCM and the 2 CD and Possibly i a few clicks higher on the CM maybe this is up to you try it and see

move the closing down on the Fullbacks to the first notch of whole pitch same for the striker and the 2 inside forwards this way they'll be closing the ball down more but still keeping the shape in the middle

change the long-shots to rarely your team will still have long shots but only when needed to and not jus for the sake of it

change your strikers run from deep to often, this setting means that insead of waiting for the ball to come he's gonna be trying to run at the last defender and beat the offside trap. Again you don't have to do this but i think it works better

lastly sort the bloody displine out 7 yellow and 2 red cards in that game jesus

Skoolsblowme has made the best tactic for FM08 and has his tactic is the best to have been in the tactics forum since 08, probably longer but I started posting in this forum then.

yeah but this is not FM08 is it mate, and he asked for help i gave him help and he basicly threw it back in my face and told me i cheat the match engine.

Do you think that is ok, would you like somebody to do that to you.

I don't think so

Oh Mr Hough when you say you got no thanks, I'm copying a pasting from the other thread.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm using some of SCIAG's suggestions and they seem to be helping. The only problem I have is I have a low amount of possession but a huge amount of shots. If I slowed down the tempo do you think that would help me retain possession?

Post by Skoolsblowme

Mr hough double check that they are not highlighted as a shout for every game... when i saved the tactic I saved with the shouts highlighted as it starts with them all time then.. (if ref is being a pillick, take em off, if your playing proper you should know straight away, with fouls team...)

Mr Hough feel free to tinker with that tactic... it seems you know alot about tactics, I just one of them where id rather not concede then win 5-3 or 4-2....

I do think we could be on with sum it playing with the two inside forwards... they seem to break free alot vs poorer teams and vs good one's (like juve..), they seem toplay that killer ball to the striker...

Mr hough double check that they are not highlighted as a shout for every game... when i saved the tactic I saved with the shouts highlighted as it starts with them all time then.. (if ref is being a pillick, take em off, if your playing proper you should know straight away, with fouls team...)

Mr Hough feel free to tinker with that tactic... it seems you know alot about tactics, I just one of them where id rather not concede then win 5-3 or 4-2....

I do think we could be on with sum it playing with the two inside forwards... they seem to break free alot vs poorer teams and vs good one's (like juve..), they seem toplay that killer ball to the striker...

i'll have a play with it tomorrow night, the play was good with the 2 AMC's need to sort the closing down and the disaplin aspect then the other parts will be easy

Giving it a go with the changes you suggested vs LFC...

I am at home... and people remember, It is Counter Attacking.... so your team sits soaks up and hits the other team on the break... the whole point of the STR is to hold ball, ball round corner to AMC and he should be fast and away... 1 vs 1.

Archived