The Andorra Double Challenge! FM10

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a break from my dafuge challenge decided to give this a try.

Cant seem to find any even half decent staff and few players of much quality.

Also realised that there is no chance of naturalising any players to the national cause. Going to have to hope the youth facilities can be improved at a later date.

Really need to carry on with this one but I got really involved in Rancers Challenge.

Also Brettney is the 10.2 file compatible with my save file?

Your save should work fine it was started before 10.2 came out wasnt it?

You only need the new file if your starting again now.

Good luck Thebaker You can get promotion the first season with your starting squad fairly easily to be honest and with 1 or 2 players the second season isn't too difficult ;)

Good luck Thebaker You can get promotion the first season with your starting squad fairly easily to be honest and with 1 or 2 players the second season isn't too difficult ;)

you could be right, i've brought in a few spanish players as the decent andorran players won't sign for me and my first 3 games ended 7-0, 8-1 and 6-1 :eek:.

Quick rundown of my restarted game (Thanks to the cat). Won the league at a canter with 4 games left to play. I am also going to take over as Andorra manager soon and am due to head into season 2 with largely the same squad but maybe a couple of additions for cover as I think the squad can hold it's own in a higher division.

Is there any chance after a few years that you can get your reserves playing in a league?

Cause it's really annoying me when a player is lacking match fitness and they can't build it up because they can't play for a reserve side.

I just lost 3-2 against FC Santa Coloma. Principat were unbeaten 49 games in a row, that's 2,5 season, but on this very occasion I lost the championship. Now I have to win the cup to play in Europe, bringing in the cash I need.

Still amateur though :(

EPIC FIRST EUROPEAN WIN FOR CE PRINCIPAT

I just won my first ever European Cup win. We were close a couple of times, but this was very unexpected, to say the least!

http://i47.tinypic.com/sq7ex4.jpg

First leg gave a 20-3 shots on goal difference, which gave little confidence. We turned it around by creating 17 (!!) chances, against 7 from our big opponents.

Hey I can't seem to get this game up and running at all. I inserted them into the file specified but I get brought to the 'select editor data files' screen and the files i need to select aren't there, infact there are none :( Any suggestions?

Edit: I got going in the end, had the files in Steam instead of SI :) Will update shortly

thanks brettney. Expectations of the Andorran faithful are ridiculous btw :( Lost 3-0 away to Ukraine and 0-1 at home to Kazakhstan. They were disappointed by both.

I've had the same sort of responses i've held Italy to a low score 2-0 i think and got slated for it. I reckon i might even be sacked at some point in the not too distant future.

which would be a shame for the challenge as a whole :( 4-0 at home to Ukraine there. Do you think I'm being unrealistic with the just keeping to Andorra players? If the club progresses with the help of foreigners (Spaniards mainly) then the better Andorrans would come through quicker.

Glenn Fitzpatrick - FC Andorra (Season 1 Review)

Final Table

Media Prediction: 2nd

My Prediction: 2nd

Final Position: 3rd (Promoted via playoffs)

I must admit I was very fortunate to get promoted at the first attempt. I'm trying out a formation that I really don't have the players for and I operate on an Andorran players only basis (Although I may reconsider that on external feedback from you guys). The playoffs were relatively straightforward but we struggled to make the cut at all.

Star players are of course Toscano, Ayala who was a free agent and Ribolleda at the back.

National Team

Results

Liechtenstein (h) - 1-1 D
[b]Ukraine (a) - 0-3 L
Kazakhstan (h) - 0-1 L
Ukraine (h) - 0-4 L[/b]
Iceland (a) - 0-2 L
San Marino (h) - 2-1 W

We restrict teams quite well but show no signs of ever threatening their goalmouth and of course the stamina is poor so we usually concede a couple more in the last 20 minutes of matches. Rome wasn't built in a day and Andorra wont be world beaters for at least a few weeks ;)

We have been drawn in the following group for Euro 2012 Qualfiers. As you can see we picked up a victory over San Marino right at the end of the season in a friendly :)

Holland
Serbia
Ireland
Wales
Montengro
[b]Andorra[/b]

Next season my aims are hazy really. I know nothing about the new division in which I will compete and I am going to try stick to Andorran players completely. Again, if anyone thinks this is a bad idea I would appreciate feedback.

I'm still sticking to the only signing Andorrans Fitzaay and am in my 4th season the only problem at the moment is i don't have a replacement GK for Koldo and he's now just retired. Havent really had time to play much in the last week or so though.

I signed Pol as replacement keeper even though he's useless, hopefully Koldo just never retires for me.

Top of the league half way through 2nd season in Div 3....not been on it for a while.

Lost every competitive international, and with friendly's I couldn't even manage to beat Afghanistan or Aruba...hope I don't get sacked.

is Pol not in your game mate? TBH I don't think I'll be able to stick to it as I like to play two DMs. (Vales and Pujol wont sign :()

Yeah i've got Pol he isnt really good enough for the Second Divisions though, i've got Vales signed in the second season.

Finally, CE Principat got a player through the youth ranks that actually knows how to use a football!

http://i46.tinypic.com/1hs5mv.jpg

Yvan Rey, he even has a name everyone will remember. This guy is already 'better than our strongest right midfielder', however I changed to a 4-3-3, so he has to play either AMR or one of the 3 MC's. I guess it will be the last, as I think the first ever useful Andorran player has to be a MC ;)

Straight into the first team squad, Yvan!

So it took 5 seasons to get a. a nice youth player and b. the training facilities upgraded. I'd rather have the youth facilities go up a level, but well, for now I hope to get my regens through reputation.

Now if y'all excuse me, I've got a player to call up to U21 :)

Hes the kind of player that annoys me. He is clearly the most talented youngster you will get for a while but he will probably never have the pace to play wide and he technical attributes suit this better than playing him in the centre. Its lucky that as this level he probably can get by fine there with playing time to improve but hes always going to lacking something despite being a good player.

I feel the same. His crossing and dribbling are ok, but like you said his pace is weak. To play in center he needs Off The Ball, and that's even more crap. Another option would be to retrain him as a striker, but I'm not sure if that's what will make the difference between useful and good.

But you're right. At this level, I'm happy to have him.

Well you can go through the files you've got already downloaded (the .xml ones) and search for that club ID, note down what the graphics files for it are called so you can get rid of them. To get that crest made up properly I suggest you ask in sortitoutsi forums, I asked nicely in their logos forum thing and within 24 hours a nice person made me some in the right format and you just put them back in where the old ones were.

Archived