The Andorra Double Challenge! FM10

You must have a better tactic for Xavi Sanchez than I do, I recognise he is a player with some quality but he barely fits into the tactics I like to run so doesn't play all that much and usually with a bit of retraining/out of position at DM or MR (rolls the stats for him on my game suit a bit better than your one has).

This guy just appeared in my youth team and will walk right into the first team, just hope he chooses Andorra...

And another edit, what a match.

He looks good whats you Coach report saying?

PluckaDuck - Yeah i only get rubbish too, got a guy my Coaches rate as potentially 2 stars this year:thdn:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-season is going well. Won 7 Drawn 1. Hopefully this form will continue into the start of the season. I will do a full update once I have finished my first season - hopefully tomorrow.

@ Thebaker - I just used Large DB + Andorrans with Spanish and Andorran leagues active.

IMO in this challenge you have to get your youth facilities upgraded ASAP. How many seasons do you think this challenge will take? 20? :p

But I'm doing my sign up ATM so I won't be able to do much of this challenge until that finishes. But then onward to the La Liga and Champions League Glory! :p

But realistically, does anyone think this challenge is even possible?

IMO in this challenge you have to get your youth facilities upgraded ASAP. How many seasons do you think this challenge will take? 20? :p

But I'm doing my sign up ATM so I won't be able to do much of this challenge until that finishes. But then onward to the La Liga and Champions League Glory! :p

But realistically, does anyone think this challenge is even possible?

Have you seen dafuges challenge?

I'm sure it was 1800 rancer. either way its just not enough :D

My mistake... :D

I might think about stadium expansion before improving facilities. They're both bloody expensive anyways. Might as well get more people in the stadium and earn more money first. :D

FC Andorra 2011/12

I struggled to find players that would sign for me this season and so it was always going to be a struggle and it sure was. My defence was useless basically giving me some epic results like this comeback from 3 goals behind but this was all too rare and we were in the relegation spots pretty much the entire season. Going into the last game of the season we had to defeat Puertollano to survive and I'm not quite sure how but we did. They had about 5 1on1's in constant highlights from 80th minute onwards, I nearly died yelling at the ref to blow the whistle this was our champions league final. So in the end we survive by a microscopic margin to fight again next year. Good news this season continues with Valentin Duval imroving and chosing to play for Andorra U21 instead of France U19.

Season | League    | Place   | Andorran Champions
-------------------------------------------------
09/10  | Regional  | 3rd ^^  | UE Sant Julià
10/11  | Tercera   | 2nd ^^  | UE Engordany
11/12  | Segunda B | 15th    | UE Engordany

Tales from Andorra: We headed towards 2009/10 Andorran champions home, Sant Julià de Lòria in a 4x4 and then headed up the old mountain tracks to Spain used for smuggling. Its strangely fun to go across the border in the middle of nowhere, theres also a lot little villages with bullet holes around from the Spanish civil war still. [42°27'31.11"N, 1°26'45.88"E]

Hi guys, quick question. I've downloaded both files and when I'm trying to select the leagues, it's coming up with an error message.

See the screen - http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/virtexpne/Spainprob.jpg If you can't read that it says " Require minimum of 432 teams for Regional Division, found only 2"

Any ideas?

Ps. I'm on 10.2 now so not sure if that's owt to do with it?

A sign of things to come maybe but weird things happen against Real Madrid Castilla. At home we drew 1:1 with their goal coming direct from a corner, in Madrid my super Andorran youngster, Valentin Duval, opened the scoring direct from a corner as I won 5:1 in one of the best performances of the season.

It might be 10.2 I have no idea really.

Hi guys, quick question. I've downloaded both files and when I'm trying to select the leagues, it's coming up with an error message.

See the screen - http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/virtexpne/Spainprob.jpg If you can't read that it says " Require minimum of 432 teams for Regional Division, found only 2"

Any ideas?

Ps. I'm on 10.2 now so not sure if that's owt to do with it?

Yeah sorry guys looks like the file doesn't convert over to 10.2 for some reason i'll have a proper look when i've some spare time (orking constantly for next few days)

FC Andorra 2012/13

I changed around a lot of players before this season and we were never really in danger of going down as a result with the new team finishing up in 12th place. The star of the team has to be of course Valentin Duval, rapidly improving and probably the best Andorran football player already. Just for fun, what on earth in my assistant on about here.

12/13  | Segunda B | 12th    | UE Engordany

Tales from Andorra: We walked further up the valley from Arinsal towards the highest mountain in Andorra, Coma Pedrosa 2946m. Never planned to actually goto the top as its a proper mountain but we went up as far as some of the lakes by a mountain refuge. (I'll find some pictures later), [42°35'38.61"N, 1°27'37.82"E]

This challenge sounds exaclty like my style. Can I put my hopes up for anybody will adjust the data file for v10.2, or do I have to do the hard work myself..?

But first real life exams, then I'll start looking for a nice villa up in the Andorran Pyrenees and set sails for a new life in the ministate..

FC Andorra 2013/14

We're improving!! I'm still have a huge need for quality defenders though. Anyway I was heading along for midtable obscurity until just into the second half of the season we faced Barcelona. My top scorer Adam Szalai remembered that he used to play for the Real Madrid youth teams and decided to destroy them. This set into motion an excellent run of form, at the same time something strange happened with the playoff spots. There was a 10 point gap behind 4th place but during my run this team really fell off the pace and suddenly there was a one slot in the playoffs up for grabs.

It would have been possible for me to wrap this up easily with winning some games I drew but still by the last game of the season I sat in 6th place, 1 point behind 4th and 5th placed teams. I was playing away against 5th placed Huesca in a must win match while 4th placed Gramenet played away at Barakaldo and had to draw or lose. It started well for me with Huesca down to 10 men after just 7 minutes but then both I and Barakaldo conceded to go in 1-0 down at the half. By the 54th minute both games were all square mine thanks to an excellent header from Mosquera before I took the lead late on with just 5 minutes to hang on for the playoffs. I lasted only 2 before they equalised but then into injury time I was awarded a penalty and my best striker slid it down the middle right into the waiting arms of the keeper and it finished 2-2. The least clinical striker I've ever seen on my team, José Manuel Florido, also had numerous opportunities to win it but all saved/missed. Turns out it wouldn't have mattered anyway as Gramenet scored a 94th minute winner to goto the playoffs themselves.

This result also let Leganés leapfrog me so I finished in 7th but the team is showing promise for next season. The exciting Andorran watch profiles Josué Revilla today, I've had him for 2 seasons after stealing him from another club. He used to just be a flair machine but he really seems to have improved this year into a quality player.

12/13  | Segunda B | 12th    | UE Engordany
13/14  | Segunda B | 7th     | UE Engordany

Tales from Andorra: Is taking a break this update I spent so long writing about that one game :p

I'm finally coming to the end of my 3rd season (hardly been on because of doing stupid hours at work) in a playoff spot so hoping we can do this year what we failed to do last year and gain promotion to the Segunda division, end of season update will be either be up later today or 27/28th if not.

I'm halfway the 3rd season now with my CE Principat, and really enjoying this challenge. The league is quite short, excellent for my somewhat slow laptop ;)

For the past 2 seasons I've been in a heavy combat with FC Santa Coloma. Their midfielder Oscar Sonejee (yes, the only decent Andorran player in the CM-series ;)) is still going strong there, despite his 35 years of age. He proves to be the best available for some time, but together with his fitness, their reign looks to end soon.

The first season was all about the fight for the top spot, which I lost by goal difference. I picked up several aged players for free to strengthen the squad as soon as possible, as my amateur status isn't going to get me anywhere. The earlier mentioned Ferran Pol and Josep Manel Ayala were two of the first, along with names like Matito, Horcajada and Vacas. The Principat B squad, playing at 2nd tier, somehow won the cup (after a final win against Santa Coloma!) and so I went on to play in the Europa League.

The 2nd season was not that succesful, this time Santa Coloma finished 5 points ahead of me. I did get a lot of good players like Tiko, Soria, Gascón and Zubizarreta. I also started searching some African countries, resulting in 6 Beninian players making the jump to the Andorran league ;) only 3 of them survived until now. In the Europa League 1st Qual. Round I started off with a suprising 1-1 against Finnish side Honka at home. The fans were ecstatic ofcourse :p, but we lost the 2nd leg 2-0 and home we went, 90k in our bags for participating. At the end of the season there was no cup win, and since only both league and cup winners go into Europe, no extra money for me in the third season.

This year it's all going very well. I'm 4 points ahead of Santa Coloma and got really decent players. Pol lost his place and moved on, Ayala and decent goalscorer Riera just went on to achieve bigger things. Tiko is 34, but wanted by some Scandinavian and Swiss sides, so I think he'll be moving on. That would be a huge relief, as the AMC's name is the first I write down on the match sheet. I built everything around him and he's not disappointing me. I just hope I can keep him here for the rest of the season.

I also became U19 coach. In a European Championship Qualifying group I had to play Macedonia, Switzerland and Sweden. Not expecting to gain anything, I won the first match against Macedonia (1-0) and drew with Switzerland (1-1) to take 4 points out of the first 2 games. Sweden had been disappointing and against them, even a 1-0 loss would take me to the finals! But well, the Swedes started playing football, Andorra decided not to and we lost it 4-0. The fans were not even disappointed and the officials are very pleased. As we were heavy underdogs all the time (Macedonia and Switzerland created LOTS of chances against us), it's just too bad to come this close and not get it.

To be honest, winning prizes is not really important just yet. I just have to lose the amateur status first. In these 2,5 years I made around 300k, enough to start off with. Then I can keep players much easier, as some of my important ones have moved down the Andorran ladder to get paid. Then I'll be lowering the ages (backup-RB Horcajada is 42 and still very much needed!) and implement more Andorran players. With Riera, the last one in the starting line-up left, and that's not what I want. Some young players are developing, but not up for the task yet.

I will post some screenshots later on!

So here are some screenies from last season..

Final League Table:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nstbls.jpg

2nd League Table:

http://i49.tinypic.com/35iwqo8.jpg

Stats:

http://i50.tinypic.com/108a8tt.jpg

Top Goalscorer:

http://i50.tinypic.com/e8l3f6.jpg

Star Player:

http://i50.tinypic.com/raxft1.jpg

There are practically NO Andorran players left :(

After this season, things started going bad for a few weeks. Riera left after his somewhat disappointing season to join FC Santa Coloma, our biggest rival. Tiko retired on 18-7, the very day our CL Qual. 1st leg was played. Superb left-back Latoundji went on to Dutch side VVV Venlo, a few days before the season ended.

In the weeks before the new season started, a couple of positives were presented. The club was growing and I got to employ more staff. Javier Horcajada went from right-back to assistant manager, and I got a few nice coaches too. Two more scouts were added to the one available, which expanded possibilities. Some 19 / 20 year-old Spanish players were found and I could finally lower the average age. Through the Andorra U19-job I discovered some rough diamonds who could possibly do the trick for Principat, but surely for the national side.

Two players from the youth ranks were promoted to the first team. Left winger Viveiros (19) had decents stats (dribbling 13, almost all other technical skills around 9) and right winger Valente (18) even made the bench. They aren't really good players, but some of the best available in Andorra at the moment.

Now, I'm just waiting for the National Team position to open up, while giving Principat more and more trophies..

Brettneys Andorra - 2011/12 - Third Division Group 3.

A little later than advertised but here we go ... We made it second division here we come, we again never really looked like finishing anywhere other than in a playoff spot and got an easier couple of matches this year even if it did take penaltys to earn promotion. - Table.

We still only signed Andorrans (although i might have to change this with Koldos retirement we just don't have any good GK's).

Finances.

Squad Stats.

Ive downloaded the necessary files and put them in the correct folders but when i go to the league selection screen it will not let me tick Spain, it comes up with an error saying "Require of minimum of 432 teams for Reginal division, found only 2" :confused: any ideas folks?

Please help me sort this out as im really looking forward to getting this game going.

Ive downloaded the necessary files and put them in the correct folders but when i go to the league selection screen it will not let me tick Spain, it comes up with an error saying "Require of minimum of 432 teams for Reginal division, found only 2" :confused: any ideas folks?

Please help me sort this out as im really looking forward to getting this game going.

OK got it working ... issue due to the 10.2 patch... working fine with the default tho.

Archived