The Andorra Double Challenge! FM10

Good luck Almondo. Current squad should be good enough for promotion. :thup:

And if I do get sacked from the national team (job is insecure), I will probably not worry about the national team since the regens are crap and half my team are Spanish players anyways. :p

The board is also not letting me improve on those minimal youth facilities too... :(

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you still sticking to the policy of only using youth players?

I'm midtable in the Segunda B division and the season is nearly over (which was my goal).

I'm making good money ($100k profit already) and filling up the stadium, averaging over 1700 fans. I wouldn't mind staying in this division for a few more years and improving those training and youth facilities (and eventually the stadium too), and as a semi pro outfit we would definitely have no chance in the Liga adelante.

Are you still sticking to the policy of only using youth players?

I'm midtable in the Segunda B division and the season is nearly over (which was my goal).

I'm making good money ($100k profit already) and filling up the stadium, averaging over 1700 fans. I wouldn't mind staying in this division for a few more years and improving those training and youth facilities (and eventually the stadium too), and as a semi pro outfit we would definitely have no chance in the Liga adelante.

I'm only using Andorrans, signed a couple/bought in a few free's. My balance is £25K currently (i'm in November 2010).

Okay after spending most of the season in 2nd I managed to take the League title on the final day of the season although we lost the final game of the season 2-1.

League Table

Transfers

all players transferred in are regular 1st team players

Finances

Squad

Year    Division                                    Position                      Achievement
09/10   Regional Prefferente de Navara              1st                           Promotion

Goals for next season.

1. Survive in the league

2. Take over as national team manager

FC Andorra

Segunda Division B2

2011-2012

Media Prediction: 17th

Final Position: 9th

Squad

Squad

The starting lineup is pretty much the same...

Transfers

Transfers

Finances

Finances

One more year with good profit, and I might be able to improve my training and youth facilities.

Club Information

Overview

Facilties - My stadium was packed at over 1700 for every game.

Andorran GK Koldo retired and he is now one of my scouts, although I rather have him as a goalkeeper coach.

[font=Courier New]Season    Division                         Position     Achievements
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4295935&postcount=31"]2009-2010[/url] Regional Preferente de Navarra        [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20FC%20Andorra%20Challenge/2010Standings.png"]1st[/url]        Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New][url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4331977&postcount=46"]2010-2011[/url] Third Division Group 1                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20FC%20Andorra%20Challenge/2011Standings.png"]1st[/url][/font][font=Courier New]        Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New][url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4345139&postcount=60"]2011-2012[/url] Segunda Division B - Group 2          [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM10%20FC%20Andorra%20Challenge/2012Standings.png"]9th[/url][/font][font=Courier New]              N/A[/font]

Andorran National Team

2011 Fixtures

June 4th: at San Marino - D 1-1

June 8th: at Serbia - L 0-4

August 10th: vs Hungary - L 0-3

September 3rd: at Czech Republic - L 0-5

September 9th: vs N. Ireland - L 0-4

October 8th: at Lithuania - L 0-1

October 12th: vs Serbia - L 0-3

All-time Record vs different countries

[font=Courier New]Country          GP - W - D - L - GF - GA - DIF
[/font][font=Courier New]San Marino        2 - 1 - 1 - 0 -  2 -  1 -  +1[/font]
[font=Courier New] Kazakhstan        1 - 1 - 0 - 0 -  3 -  1 -  +2[/font][font=Courier New]
Luxembourg        1 - 0 - 0 - 1 -  0 -  2 -  -2
[/font][font=Courier New]Denmark           1 - 0 - 0 - 1 -  0 -  3 -  -3[/font]
[font=Courier New] Lithuania         2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  1 -  5 -  -4
[/font][font=Courier New]Czech Republic    2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  0 -  6 -  -6
[/font][font=Courier New]Northern Ireland  2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  0 -  7 -  -7[/font]
[font=Courier New] Hungary           2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  0 -  7 -  -7
Serbia            2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  0 -  7 -  -7
Portugal          2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  0 -  8 -  -8
[/font][font=Courier New]Ukraine           2 - 0 - 0 - 2 -  0 -  9 -  -9
-----------------------------------------------
Total            19 - 2 - 1 -16 -  6 - 56 - -50 
[/font] 

World Ranking and Achievements

[font=Courier New]Year         World Ranking     Achievements
2009                 175th              N/A
2010                 167st          1st Win
2011                 184th              N/A
[/font]

Goals for 2012-2013

• mid table finish
  • win a game or two for the national team, and score too
  • improve facilities
  • transfer shopping list: backup GK, starting ST, starting MC, starting DR

Thanks. :thup:

Ugh, there's this problem now. My international against the British Virgin Islands keeps freezing. I've tried this a few times and the same thing happened. :thdn:

This eerily happens in 2012...I hope the world isn't ending. :D

On a serious note brettney did you holiday through this save to test if there are any crash dumps?

Thanks. :thup:

Ugh, there's this problem now. My international against the British Virgin Islands keeps freezing. I've tried this a few times and the same thing happened. :thdn:

This eerily happens in 2012...I hope the world isn't ending. :D

On a serious note brettney did you holiday through this save to test if there are any crash dumps?

Tested until 2012 which is where most people in the editors forum seemed to test until (so thought this would be sufficent). Il test further either overnight or whilst i'm at work tomorrow. (I hope theres nothing wrong).

Tested until 2012 which is where most people in the editors forum seemed to test until (so thought this would be sufficent). Il test further either overnight or whilst i'm at work tomorrow. (I hope theres nothing wrong).

I've left the game on holiday all day whilst at work to test and it seems to be fine up to June 2013 so far, i'll continue further tomorrow (Want to finish my Uzbek season now ;)).

Finally got my new laptop, which enables me to run FM :D

Just checking before I start downloading tonight, do I need both of the databases to be able to run the game? Or do I only need the 5th tier one? I haven't really seen anything substantial on either count, so thought It'd be better to ask!

Finally got my new laptop, which enables me to run FM :D

Just checking before I start downloading tonight, do I need both of the databases to be able to run the game? Or do I only need the 5th tier one? I haven't really seen anything substantial on either count, so thought It'd be better to ask!

Andorra one is optional but the Spanish one down to the Regionals is mandatory. :thup:

Start the new game using both leagues I would recommend, it's not a big difference speed wise. :thup:

rancer is correct as long as you load add all Andorrans you will have enough for the National squad anyway. You might want to add the Andorran league though and attempt management there later on :)

Just a little update on my game now i've finished extra testing (went up to 2018 in the end).

On the International front we've just won our first match 1-0 vs Latvia Very big win i thought can't wait for the next FIFA rankings :)

.. and the club season is nearing an end with 8 games to go we are 2nd and baring a very poor run should deffinately be in the promotion playoff's come end of season ... Tier 3 here we come.

Good Luck PluckaDuck.

Completely forgot about the opening profile screen, I hope you don't mind!!

Playing a solid 5-3-2 formation with Xavi dominating in the midfield and Toscano putting them in the back of the net, he's scored 7 goals in 4 starts!!! Top of the table at the moment, onlly dropped points in two games, but I should have won both. Overall, pretty happy with the start we've made, but it will be a very long road!!

Now leading by 6 points after 19 games, with a game in hand over every one else. Midfield have been absolutely dominant, with Xavi Sanchez, Txema and a new boy I've bought in known as Genis playing absolutely brilliantly together. Txema and Xavi are the top scorers, the strikers really have failed to fire so far, with Tosacanoo injured for much of the season. Still unbeaten as well and only conceded 5 goals!

Really enjoying this save so far, more than any other I have started in the past!!

Ok I'm going to have to start again. I was clearing out some of the saves I've started and not carried on and the Cat decided to walk over my laptop deleting the save. Ah well it's an enjoyable challenge so I'll have fun going from the beginning again.

Ive started this but am using Genie Scout so doubt I will be allowed. If you do want me to post end of season updates I can always put (Genie Scout used).

Sorry mate i haven't put it in the rules but i'd rather not allow the use of scouting tools.

My end of season update will probably be in the morning just lost in the playoffs, so annoyed of all the teams in all the Regions i drew Racing 'B' who won my Division beat me 3-1 :mad:

Soo just finished the season and am trying to take screen-shots to compile the end of season update. But I've encountered a really unusual problem that I haven't really seen before. Every time I take a screenshot, When I paste it into Publisher or Paint, I always get an image of the screen behind FM. I've never seen it before and if you guys don't know the answer, I'll post it in the technical area.

Soo just finished the season and am trying to take screen-shots to compile the end of season update. But I've encountered a really unusual problem that I haven't really seen before. Every time I take a screenshot, When I paste it into Publisher or Paint, I always get an image of the screen behind FM. I've never seen it before and if you guys don't know the answer, I'll post it in the technical area.

I've heard of this problem before ... I'm sure i read how to get around it somewhere ...

Found it with a quick forum search :

You may have to hold a modifier button. For example, on my keyboard, I have to hold FN + PRT SC to take a screen shot.

Hope that helps.

Sorry mate i haven't put it in the rules but i'd rather not allow the use of scouting tools.

My end of season update will probably be in the morning just lost in the playoffs, so annoyed of all the teams in all the Regions i drew Racing 'B' who won my Division beat me 3-1 :mad:

That's cool, I will still follow everyone elses though. Also, does anyone know what the 'Primera Divisio d'Andorra Relegation Playoff' involves? I won it 2-0 v against the team that came 7th in the Andorran Prem. I understand it thus far but why would a team from the 5th tier in Spain be involved in a playoff in Andorra?

Ah, you must be using Windows 7...

Alt+F9 should get you a screenshot and it'll be in the my documents -> football manager 2010 -> screenshots.

Best way for now to take a screenshot without downloading a image capturing program.

FC Andorra 2009/10

I always like this kind of challenge so I started out as manager of the club. I have no intention of sticking to Andorran players since really early on they're all rubbish and will only improve if the club side is better so I might as well get up higher and give the new Andorran youth a chance in the side.

First season (after the Andorran FA mysteriously bribed Spanish authorities to bump them up two tiers and move to Navarre from Catalunya) I finished up in 3rd place followed by a victory on penalties and then a very offside looking late winner in the playoff final to give us promotion (I think it was just onside on investigation). I used quite a few free spaniards in the team already and maybe getting some more.

Season | League   | Place   | Andorran Champions
-------------------------------------------------
09/10  | Regional | 3rd ^^  | UE Sant Julià

Tales from Andorra: I'll start with an introduction to this feature, I visited Andorra a few years ago during the summer its a really lovely country to visit so lets kick off with a fun thing. One day I went up the ski lifts in Pal with a crazy mountain bike that had massively wide tires and rode down a very steep track partly down the flatter bits of the ski run. Very fast and scary and fun. [42°31'35.72"N, 1°27'22.76"E]

Ah, you must be using Windows 7...

Alt+F9 should get you a screenshot and it'll be in the my documents -> football manager 2010 -> screenshots.

Best way for now to take a screenshot without downloading a image capturing program.

Yeah I am on Windows 7, a brand new laptop as well!!

Will try this, thanks Rancer, mon Toronto :D

PluckaDuck's adventure into Andorra- 2009/10

Predicted Position- 2nd

Finishing Position- 1st.

A really good and positive season from the boys. After the opening friendlies, I was wondering what the hell I was getting myself into, a couple of dreadful performances. But after a few tactical adjustments and a shift to the 5-3-2 formation, the team came together brilliantly. The middle 3 of Xavi Sanchez, Txema and Genis were brilliant for most of the season, controlling matches and providing some inspirational long goals. We lead for most of the season, with a slump coming in the months of Feburary and March, which coincided with injuries and suspension to all three of my midfield. But we soon found our form again and we finished the season with some really strong results including a thrashing of second place Becerril. Our lead striker, Toscano srtuggled alot of the season with injuries, but veteran signing Manolo Jiminez proved he was money well spent, finishing as out leading scorer. Another signing by the name of Pedro Largo, was brilliant in defence, combining with Javi, Ribolleda, Somoza and Ferron to let through just 20 goals for the season, most of which came during the mid-season slump. Goalkeeper Koldo was reliable as always, finding a replacement for him isn't going to be easy!!

League Table

Fixtures 1 2

[font=Courier New][/font] 
[font=Courier New]| Season| League   | Place  | [/font]
[font=Courier New]|---------------------------|[/font]
[font=Courier New]| 2010  | Regional | 1st    | [/font]
[font=Courier New]|---------------------------|[/font]

Future seasonal updates, will be larger, it's just that I've played a little bit into the next season, so many of the screenshots wouldn't match up with the 2009/10 season.

Its a little more complex because from each of the 2nd division leagues its bottom 4 + a relegation playoff for 5th bottom. So, (18*4) = 72 -> 36 -> 18 winners in the final that get promoted. Then there are 4 teams that finished 5th bottom in 2nd division which play a simple playoff to give 2 that survive and 2 that are relegated so you get the 16 automatic relegation + 2 playoff relegation and that adds up I think.

While I'm at it, for the next promotion to liga adelante theres 16 teams for 4 spots. Firstly theres a playoff between the 4 league winners, the two finalists of this are promoted. The teams in 2nd-4th play each other as well going from 12 to 6 teams. Then in the next round the two losing 1st place teams get added back in with the winning 2nd to 4th teams to give 8 teams -> 4 -> 2 winners that are promoted.

FC Andorra 2010/11

Not many changes to the team for this season, mainly I got rid of Txema because I couldn't register enough players and I felt Andorrà had outperformed Toscano so he had to go when I signed Rodrigo Sassano who was floating around in Spain with an Italian passport. I'm also excited by belgian-spaniard, Valentín, for next season as I only got him with a couple of games to go this season.

The team played very well in the league again leading us to an excellent 2nd place finish. The first stage of the playoff saw us play a 5th placed side as there was a B team of a side that plays in the segunda division ahead of them. We saw off Bembibre 2-0 to set up a possibly hard meeting with the Celta Vigo B team. We went in 1-0 up at half time and then followed possibly the greatest second half of football all season (I got comeback king achievement this season too in a 3-2 away win :D) to win 5-0 securing promotion in some style.

Season | League   | Place   | Andorran Champions
-------------------------------------------------
09/10  | Regional | 3rd ^^  | UE Sant Julià
10/11  | Tercera  | 2nd ^^  | UE Engordany

Tales from Andorra: There is a mountain pass (most the roads run along the valleys) between Ordino and Canillo that you can only drive on in summer. When we got out at a bit of a plateau in the middle there was a huge eagle circling above and then we played football for a while with some local kids. [42°33'19.86"N, 1°34'18.81"E]

Its a little more complex because from each of the 2nd division leagues its bottom 4 + a relegation playoff for 5th bottom. So, (18*4) = 72 -> 36 -> 18 winners in the final that get promoted. Then there are 4 teams that finished 5th bottom in 2nd division which play a simple playoff to give 2 that survive and 2 that are relegated so you get the 16 automatic relegation + 2 playoff relegation and that adds up I think.

While I'm at it, for the next promotion to liga adelante theres 16 teams for 4 spots. Firstly theres a playoff between the 4 league winners, the two finalists of this are promoted. The teams in 2nd-4th play each other as well going from 12 to 6 teams. Then in the next round the two losing 1st place teams get added back in with the winning 2nd to 4th teams to give 8 teams -> 4 -> 2 winners that are promoted.

I see. I will see what happens when I get there!

Brettneys Andorra - 2010/11 - Third Division Group 3.

We performed well and battled at the top of the table all year but just fell at the last hurdle in the playoff's against that damn Racing 'B' side.

Table.

We stuck to our transfer policy buying only Andorrans.

Squad Stats.

4 Players appeared in every game this year Xavi Sanchez, Ribolleda, Koldo and Ayala.

Confidence - Finances.

Top goal-scorer was a Central Midfielder Brettney??

Though he really is a star, so it doesn't surprise me!

Yeah Xavi Sanchez and Xavier Andorra were about even for most of the season until Andorra missed just over a month and Sanchez went goal crazy. :)

Edit: Just want to point out that he was also Highest average rated player, most assists and got most Man of the Match awards.

You must have a better tactic for Xavi Sanchez than I do, I recognise he is a player with some quality but he barely fits into the tactics I like to run so doesn't play all that much and usually with a bit of retraining/out of position at DM or MR (rolls the stats for him on my game suit a bit better than your one has).

This guy just appeared in my youth team and will walk right into the first team, just hope he chooses Andorra...

And another edit, what a match.

You must have a better tactic for Xavi Sanchez than I do, I recognise he is a player with some quality but he barely fits into the tactics I like to run so doesn't play all that much and usually with a bit of retraining/out of position at DM or MR (rolls the stats for him on my game suit a bit better than your one has).

This guy just appeared in my youth team and will walk right into the first team, just hope he chooses Andorra...

And another edit, what a match.

Great comeback. Sickening to concede an own goal the AI!

Archived