Released: AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE v1.00 for FM2010!!!

FuryG

I like this file, but I must say that u have overrated very many players. If u play with this file it only takes 2-3 seasons before all clubs is filled with unknown african players,..

Well, this is exactly what happens in real life. In fact, I will have to delete DOZENS of players from last year's file, because they have been transfered to Europe meanwhile and have entered the FM2011 offical database (and in my file the majority of them where even weaker than now in the offical FM2011 database). For some obscure reason, Europeans tend to EXTREMELY underrate players as long as they play in Africa (thinking something like "I don't kow them, they can't have reasonable strength"). If you play with a large database on a world scale, it's quite realistic from my game experience. Just for your information: in real life, a country like Nigeria alone exports more than 200 players every year!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, this is exactly what happens in real life. In fact, I will have to delete DOZENS of players from last year's file, because they have been transfered to Europe meanwhile and have entered the FM2011 offical database (and in my file the majority of them where even weaker than now in the offical FM2011 database). For some obscure reason, Europeans tend to EXTREMELY underrate players as long as they play in Africa (thinking something like "I don't kow them, they can't have reasonable strength"). If you play with a large database on a world scale, it's quite realistic from my game experience. Just for your information: in real life, a country like Nigeria alone exports more than 200 players every year!

I totally agree with FuryG, for FM2010 I spent many hours working on leagues (which I never released) for Zambia & DR Congo and added 100s of players to those countries but when reviewing data to port to FM2011 I would have to delete loads of players I created as they have moved to Europe and are now in the SI database. I don't think people realize just how many 'Unknown Africans' end up in European leagues, just ask Harry Redknapp!

How many of the African players grow to really big stars in Europe and how many of them deserve a -8 and -9 in Football Manager? Not many if you ask me and by using your file I had players from countries like Sudan, Niger, Burundi and Lehsoto playing in top clubs around Europe. Interesting for the game? Sure! Realistic? Offcourse not!

Sorry, but I can hardly believe this. Of course, there are highly talented players in those countries, but not to the extent that they could regularly enter TOP-clubs (and I don't mean swedish clubs by this!). So, apart from really gifted individuals like e.g. Hamidou Djibo from AS FNIS (Niger), there shouldn't be too many -9 players in the database. As a rule of thumb, domestic African players should have a talent distribution similar to Europeans, but with low possibilities to develop their talent. In fact, I think the ratings are quite conservative - for the whole African continent (!!!!) there are no more than 20 or so players in the whole DB who could potentially become real global stars (and it will never happen that all of them manage to do so). This number equals the number of high-skilled youth players alone in England and France.

Just think about it - you really can't judge ANYTHING about African football from your observations in Sweden. In fact, I am convinced that the player strengths in the file are still massively reflecting the underrating tendency of Europeans towards Africans, but it's at least reasonable now. The game just has to ensure that (1) the low training facilities and (2) the aging of players results in domestic African players very rarely coming anywhere near their PA.

All im saying is that Im aware of the big amounts of African players comming to Europe every year, but that doesn't make them more talented then local players and that does not automaticly earn them a PA over 150

Just compare European players with the African players in my DB - they are still by FAR more talented! You are describing something that is not there. Of course, there is much talent in the African DB, but not to the extent that they are stronger on average than players in Scandinavia or the UK. That's simply not true. How many of the players in whole Africa would even be able to gain a bench spot in a mediocre Premiership side? Maybe 10? You can't be serious if claiming that this is too much for a WHOLE CONTINENT! There may of course be instances of players who should get reduced CA and PA, but not on an overall scale. You should also bear in mind that, due to the poor coverage of Africa in the official DB, the African Mega DB reflects the 5000 most talented players of the continent, which you seemingly want to compare to average European players.

Transfers are another issue, but this is then an issue with the game logic. Maybe you have loaded a too small database? In this case, the impact of the Africans is higher of course.

Ain't Djibo playing for ES Setif? Thought he has been there a couple of years now.

Still I agree with your point about PA and CA.

He had a stint at ASFA Yennega in Burkina Faso and then at Setif, but due to personal reasons he returned to Niamey this spring. But as far as I know he is on the go again.

You're questioning my ability to judge African talents and I agree, but what gives you a better point of view?

The fact that I am travelling through Africa since more than 10 years now and am a follower of domestic African Football. But I agree on these two examples - they have to be lowered. My point concerns the overall perspective.

I really enjoyed your db. I played in a created Vanuatu league and having a source of decent African players who would be willing to play in Oceania was awesome and led to quite a nice dynasty. The teams that I found that were taking advantage of the influx of African players in the db were European leagues outside of what would be considered the top tier. The Fins especially seemed to go after young African talent which allowed a few more African players to realize their PA.

• 4 weeks later...

Me too. After Mazembe's success, I think everybody will want to play as many African leagues as possible. And please, keep your player stats high! And also increase their speed, strength and stamina. Don't get bothered by some racist, frustrated viking, that shows his hate towards African people on a soccer gaming forum.

In the end, as an American I can say: Sweden is not a country anymore, they are our 51st state. They just doing the dirty jobs that our CIA tell them to do. Like faking a felony report against Assange and so.

Archived