Released: AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE v1.00 for FM2010!!!

FuryG

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also have the problem with the editor crashing when I try to load the african data...

Make sure you have the patch 10.1 installed! The file works without problems for pretty much everyone, so it must be your system. Try downloading again in case the file got corrupted. Does the file work in the game?

This is probably a daft question but how do you put your african update onto the database do i just select the merge databases icon?

You can load the file like a league file.

It will use both data. The league data from Chad and the players data from the african update - more recent changes will overwrite older changes in xml files.

Thanks for the response. I've just loaded it up. Seems as if the players from the Renaissance FC screenshot above are there, but the team colours have all reverted to their default blue.

Also randomly took a look at the Kano Pillars side, but most players were greyed out. Would I still need to specify loading players from Nigeria to have all the data? I have loaded this African database, Chad and Burkina Faso playable leagues, and the large 10.1 database

Make sure you have the patch 10.1 installed! The file works without problems for pretty much everyone, so it must be your system. Try downloading again in case the file got corrupted. Does the file work in the game?

I got steam so my game is patched already! Maybe I should DL the file again...

Thanks for the response. I've just loaded it up. Seems as if the players from the Renaissance FC screenshot above are there, but the team colours have all reverted to their default blue.

Club colours are not part of this update! I am editing the team colours in another seperate XML file that I plan to release sometime in the future as another update. You can perfectly run my update with any other African League file - provided that this league file only contains the league structure and no player data (this could then lead to double players).

FuryG: I second Master Kools question, is it possible to have it released nation by nation? It will make it easier as you can use the nations you want and it is also better when using together with other updates.

FuryG: I second Master Kools question, is it possible to have it released nation by nation? It will make it easier as you can use the nations you want and it is also better when using together with other updates.

Unfortunately I am not able to split up the big XML file now due to the way the editor works: deleting players does not result in a reduction of XML-entries, but to an INCREASE. That means that for every player deleted, there is an additional section entered int othe XML. Hence, splitting the file would result in 30 XML files of which every single is even bigger than the current one! However, for my future updates I will provide seperate files per country (as I said I am working on Sudan, Chad and Mauritania right now).

But, tbh, I really don't think that it a big problem in terms of performance! My AFRICAN MEGA DB contains roughly 4800 players, which is really no big number when comparing it to the overall database size. Even if loading a default game with small database and only few leagues, you easily exceed 20000 players, and the game flies through. So, honestly, these 4800 additional players are hardly noticable in terms of performance.

Unfortunately I am not able to split up the big XML file now due to the way the editor works: deleting players does not result in a reduction of XML-entries, but to an INCREASE. That means that for every player deleted, there is an additional section entered int othe XML. Hence, splitting the file would result in 30 XML files of which every single is even bigger than the current one! However, for my future updates I will provide seperate files per country (as I said I am working on Sudan, Chad and Mauritania right now).

But, tbh, I really don't think that it a big problem in terms of performance! My AFRICAN MEGA DB contains roughly 4800 players, which is really no big number when comparing it to the overall database size. Even if loading a default game with small database and only few leagues, you easily exceed 20000 players, and the game flies through. So, honestly, these 4800 additional players are hardly noticable in terms of performance.

The way the xml files work are a little sloppy, I'd say (as I mention here) as it does not look for existing strings and replace that instead of writing a whole new one. And, as in your case - it wouldn't look for a string of created player and remove it entirely from the code, and instead simply adds a delete string for the created ID. Same thing goes if you happen to, say, click the wrong date on the birthday and immediately open the calendar again to set the correct day... now you get a bunch of new strings added to the XML increasing the size.

Glad to hear that your future ones will be released seperately for each country. I've encountered another problem, that I've also reported - but failed to get a response to. There seems to be a limit the game can handle before staff start disappearing. I had apparently already exceeded that as I found half the squads of my Cameroon league missing when I tried loading all the XML's that I have (including your Mega Update).

Great work, though. And hopefully SI can get those other issues sorted in the next patch. (Well, the way the editor works probably won't change).

Well, there seem to be some generall staff-issues with the editor in the 10.1 version (e.g. staff can not be assigned national youth manager contracts etc.). This will be possible with the next version of the editor though.

Glad to hear that your future ones will be released seperately for each country. I've encountered another problem' date=' that I've also reported - but failed to get a response to. There seems to be a limit the game can handle before staff start disappearing. I had apparently already exceeded that as I found half the squads of my Cameroon league missing when I tried loading all the XML's that I have (including your Mega Update).[/quote']

O'leary, you should report this in the bugs forum as it probably won't be fixed if not.

Jean-Louis Faye, SEN, ID 7601443 plays in US Goree (Senegal) as DMC 20/20 and MC 10/20. Really he played in Renascimiento (EQ. Guinea) as loaned player 2-3 years ago, but he played few times cause he has been illed (malaria).

A missing player is Maurice Bernard Faye 1982 Senegal, he plays as DC in senegalese team AS Niary Rally.

Posted also in data section of this forum.

I hope it will help you, FuryG!!

Fury, quick question. I've edited and build on your current DB as you know. I've done Cameroon and Nigeria so far, and am starting Ghana soon. Also made a slight change to Senegal (Added 60 players from the Diambars academy), and changed PA's for a few players in Togo.

But I really want your Chad, Mauritania and Sudan info. Could I merge without any problems?

I have meanwhile made some bugfixes to my large version-1.00 XML file (removed a few double players and adjusted several positions). In fact I am now with version 1.05. Additionally, I have started updating Sudan, Chad and Mauritania, but these changes are all put into distinct files. So my next update will include a newer version of the large XML file (with the described bugfixes) and 3 additional country-XMLs with the added players therein.

I really hope that you also used distinct XML files for your player additions??? Because otherwise it will become quite difficult...

? I hope you have done the files without merging it into Fury's file If not you should start over and make singel nations files as it would be better to combine with other files.

FuryG: Is it a long time until the next version is released?

FuryG: Is it a long time until the next version is released?

Well, I made a mistake unfortunately. I'm in the betatest team and I edited my last changes with a newer editor version. While all works well with the newer version of the game, it is not backward compatible. :( That means that I will have to wait until patch 10.2 is released so that people can use my next update!

But well- that of course also means that I have more time to make even more player updates! :)

Well, I made a mistake unfortunately. I'm in the betatest team and I edited my last changes with a newer editor version. While all works well with the newer version of the game, it is not backward compatible. :( That means that I will have to wait until patch 10.2 is released so that people can use my next update!

But well- that of course also means that I have more time to make even more player updates! :)

I do look forward to the update when patch number 2 cames along!

Have you added stats and CA/PA for all these players as well? Are there any hidden gems in this database?

Of course there are! With the default database, scouting in Africa is mostly pointless because there are no more than 8-10 decent players for the whole continent (that's just ridiculous in my opinion). With my updated there are many hidden gems to be found - but since their world reputation is usually really low it's not easy to spot them (you can't use the proxy "market value" for largely unknown players) if you don't use a cheating tool like FM Scout... ;)

This is something I am looking forward to very much - it's gonna be a must-have database once it's released. I have edited the Maltese league but would like this update for inclusion in my career game for added player variety, so will have to wait for the patch to avoid conflicts. Hope it isn't too long in coming out :thup:

No - as I just said: this is a PLAYER UPDATE! I will certainly set-up several African Leagues (and have actually allready done so), but this is not covered by the AFRICAN MEGA DB, which is a pure players update which can be utilized in combination with any playable League Structure update released in the future...

Thanks for this. :)

Would you be happy with people using your data to create new Leagues? I'd love to manage in Botswana - they have such brilliant team names. :D

:thup:

I'm looking into seeing how feasable creating this would be. So far all I've found out is that the top division has 16 teams, with 3 relegated. Then there are two 1st divisions (North and South) with a weird structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Botswana \o/

There is allready a Botswana League availabe to download: http://www.filefront.com/14859369/Botswana.rar/

Actually, the following link provides pretty much complete Africa playable:

http://www.fmsite.net/foro/index.php?showtopic=43462#

ha hersie m8 those wont meet your standards no strips, staduims just basicly activated leagues

Tbh the Botswana update there looks pretty good. Only the top league, but beyond that there's NO club information available at all. I might consider adding teams, but it'd be with made-up kits, no stadiums etc. Only names are available.

Hell of a lot of leagues available already. :D

hi all so - just to be clear (as this will be my first time merging existing editted databases and am anxious!)

If i take this african db and merge it with the db that adds level 7-8 in the english lower league tier system - everything should work because there will be no dual entries? As the african db megapack adds 500 players playing in africa and nothing will overlap?

Once i have my merged database i van, after backing it up, go on to edit it further?

Just extra anxious as read a thread somewhere warning strongly not to merge databases....?

hi all so - just to be clear (as this will be my first time merging existing editted databases and am anxious!)

If i take this african db and merge it with the db that adds level 7-8 in the english lower league tier system - everything should work because there will be no dual entries? As the african db megapack adds 500 players playing in africa and nothing will overlap?

Once i have my merged database i van, after backing it up, go on to edit it further?

Just extra anxious as read a thread somewhere warning strongly not to merge databases....?

Do not merge it with a file containing competitions before the new patch is out. It messes things up.

Here is a question for you fury. See as how your update is now only compatible with the forthcoming patch, and that patch will include data changes, how will you go about this? Will you merge your update with the new dataupdate or what?

Yes of course. I'll check for additions that may have been made to the default database and will adapt my xml accordingly.

This may be a dumb question but, after having loaded the data in the editor, what do I do? Do I "save editor data as" and then load that in the game when I start a new game, as I have in previous versions?

Also, do I have to do any special "retain players from..." to get all of these players?

Quick update on my contribution to this. As you know, this will be strictly a player update first, which builds on Fury's database. I've added all players for Cameroon D1 and D2, Nigeria D1 and D2, and am now starting Ghana.

ETA is still a couple of weeks away. Not sure if there is any point now in releasing a league structure for them seperately, as FMsite.com has the entire world done.

Archived