dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My" Jabuti seems to have hit a tough streak with injuries and has missed around ten games by the end of October. Too bad, since he has scored 11 in 7 games until now. But no matter, because his main replacement (David Gilroy) has 14 goals in 12 apps, our new target man Declan Bunting has 4 goals and 7 assists in 14 apps, and new guy and ex-Celtic youngster James Keatings got one goal and one assist on his debut against Eastbourne Boro in the FA Cup. Meanwhile, we're still unbeaten in all competitions.

Yeah, this is a bragging post :D. Let's see if this amulet against forum curse that someone sold me yesterday really works...

Yeah, this is a bragging post :D. Let's see if this amulet against forum curse that someone sold me yesterday really works...

Nothing can defeat the forum curse!!

Well, BSP record so far is P6 W5 D1 L0, so we've made the step up alright. Will be interesting to see if we can keep this up across the whole season :thup:

Nothing can defeat the forum curse!!

Rather annoyingly, this is true :thdn:

Not even my luck can stop the curse coming. (Ask Midgetram for how lucky I am at times)

It struck me after I said we may be okay this season, and we've been erratic ever since. We're still doing well, but we lose games we should win, lose high leads. Damn curse! :mad:

I'm in need of a few AMC's, you guys know of anyone? :D

Michael Noone is a handy MRC, dunno if you could get him in BSN/S, but he'd make a nice AM if you trained him there I think.

Edit: Good luck Terk!

With the new patch out I will be starting this. After last year getting Boston to the Championship hopefully with my new team I can go one step further. I am holidaying now but just wondering is there an updated list of team reputations for the new patch or did they stay the same as 10.2?

With the new patch out I will be starting this. After last year getting Boston to the Championship hopefully with my new team I can go one step further. I am holidaying now but just wondering is there an updated list of team reputations for the new patch or did they stay the same as 10.2?

I think they're updated, Canvey Island have went up to 1100, and I think FC United and Banbury have changed too.

Pfft, I did this with old, **** reputation Canvey :cool:

League Cup final played, FA Cup quarter final next. We lost 4-2 at Stamford Bridge in the league this season, here's hoping we can do a bit better in the cup.

[b]Isthmian League Premier Division[/b]

AFC Hornchurch (1050)
Ashford (1100)
Aveley (850)
Billericay (850)
Bognor Regis (800)
Boreham Wood (1150)
Canvey Island (1100)
Carshalton (1050)
Cray (800)
Dartford (1500)
Harrow (1000)
Hastings United (1100)
Hendon (900)
Horsham (1050)
Kingstonian (1100)
Maidstone (1250)
Margate (850)
Sutton United (1300)
Tonbridge (1200)
Tooting & Mitcham (1100)
Waltham Abbey (700)
Wealdstone (1250)

[b]Southern Football League Premier Division[/b]

Banbury (900)
Bashley (650)
Bedford (1050)
Brackley (600)
Cambridge C (1150)
Chippenham (950)
Clevedon (800)
Didcot (550)
Evesham (650)
Farnborough (1250)
Halesowen (650)
Hednesford (1200)
Hemel Hempstead (750)
Leamington (700)
Merthyr (1200)
Nuneaton (1700)
Oxford City (1000)
Rugby (650)
Stourbridge (600)
Swindon S (750)
Tiverton (1100)
Truro (1250)

[b]Northern Premier League Premier Division[/b]

Ashton United (950)
Boston United (1300)
Bradford PA (1150)
Burscough (950)
Buxton (800)
Durham (500)
FC United (900)
Frickley (750)
Guiseley (1050)
Hucknall (900)
Kendal (950)
Marine (950)
Matlock (750)
Nantwich (950)
North Ferriby (850)
Ossett Town (700)
Retford (1000)
Stocksbridge (700)
Whitby (750)
Worksop (800)

Dafuge Challenge Starter Saves can cut out the holidaying if you wish

They beat me 4-1 in the FA Cup. They were 3-0 up inside 12 minutes. I just can't even come close to beating them at Stamford Bridge.

Unlucky mate :(

Even with my world-conquering Merthyr team it's a tricky one, I seem to either thrash them or get thrashed by them.

:(

On a higher note, Jabuti just scored a hat-trick on his debut match!

Yeaaaah...!!

Aww my computer crashed and I hadn't saved :(

Now I have to buy half my players again...

Awwwwww...

:p

This screenshot pretty much sums up our BSP campaign so far - rubbish in defence, but a great spirit and plenty of goalscoring potential means we're never out of a game. And it's yielded 12 wins from 13 so far, and a 7 point lead at the top :)

Until the forum curse hits of course :(

This screenshot pretty much sums up our BSP campaign so far - rubbish in defence, but a great spirit and plenty of goalscoring potential means we're never out of a game. And it's yielded 12 wins from 13 so far, and a 7 point lead at the top :)

Until the forum curse hits of course :(

Which screenshot? :p

44 games into the Championship, and Kelvin Etuhu just scores our 101st goal of the season :)

You get through these seasons fast :eek:

Takes me roughly 3-7 days to do a season usually, nearly finish our first season in the Championship, looks like a mid-table finish.

You get through these seasons fast :eek:

Takes me roughly 3-7 days to do a season usually, nearly finish our first season in the Championship, looks like a mid-table finish.

The beauty of having nothing to do all day (and usually night) :thup:

I play with the match speed on full, no replays, and a 2.4ghz processor with 4gb ram too, and that combined with 'alldayandnight' play = fast seasons lol.

End of season report soon.

The beauty of having nothing to do all day (and usually night) :thup:

I play with the match speed on full, no replays, and a 2.4ghz processor with 4gb ram too, and that combined with 'alldayandnight' play = fast seasons lol.

End of season report soon.

Nice, I must upgrade my computer soon, starting to get a little slow now :(

Yeah I will have my report up within the next few hours as well :thup:

FC United of Manchester - Championship - 2015/2016

United v United?

Transfers - The usual post-promotion reshuffle, only this time with a lot spent.

Position Chart

Table

Peterborough v FC United

FC United v Peterborough

FC United v Sheffield United (What a time for Mitrovic to score his first goal)

FA Cup

Defeated by Fulham 3-1 in the 4th round

Squad - You can tell from transfers who left throughout the season.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Kelvin Etuhu - 43 goals in 50 games. Signing of the season and top scorer in the Championship. A great season from the striker.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

Not dropping below 7th all season.

Fan's Player of the Year

Kelvin Etuhu

Confidence

Finances

Post-season

This job offer.

This piece of news.

This bigger piece of news.

And this new club link which I had no idea about.

Aims for next season. Survive, survive, survive!

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions
2013/14        League Two                6th              Promoted – Playoffs
2014/15	       League One		 1st		  Promoted - Champions
2015/16        Championship              5th              Promoted - Playoffs

Oh my God, just got promoted to League 2 on penalties in the play-off final!

Have to say though, the side-story of Farsley Celtic is much more interesting - after they knocked us off the top of the league, they were 8 points clear with 6 games to go. By the final round of fixtures, our form had dipped massively, but Wrexham kept on stringing together the wins, going level on points with Farsley, and ahead on GD. They both won their games, and Wrexham were up.

In the play-offs I expected them to dominate, but Aldershot knocked them out 3-0 on aggregate - very disappointing season for a team worth 6M, with unreal players and Simon Clifford as manager after a tycoon takeover. That said, they didn't get promoted with 95 points. Unbelievable season.

Just like last year, to make sure that the eligible teams have the correct squads, we will be using a .ddt file to retain the players for those teams. Download Link Alternative download link. If for any reason these don't work, let me know, I'll fix them.

Here's where it needs to go:

Vista - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

Steam - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

Or with the 10.2.0 patch, here:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

To make sure it is working, when you set up your game, go to preferences - extra files. You should see it listed and ticked in there like this.

I have downloaded it, put it in the right place and it does not show up on preferences. (on steam, although I have 10.0.2 patch, it does not say 1020 as in

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

there, it says 1000)

Still does for 10.0.3 patch.

Archived