Legends Database 2010 : questions

Deus84

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scotland, i'll definitely give you Aberdeen 1983, possibly also Dundee Utd '83 (or maybe '87), Celtic '67 (although you might have that already or someone else might be better to) and Fraserburgh 2002 ;)

Celtic 67 is already in, you could help me with aberdeen, dundee and fraserburgh :)

This is what I need: complete rosters of that team (not just the starting eleven), some info about the players (roles, average ca/pa, how they played). Is it ok for you ? Let me know what you think :)

Right, and the same happened with Francisco Gento (and a few others), one of the fastest football player ever, and he was playing in the 60tees :) By the way i've been making the legends database 2010 since a couple of weeks. I've already made three teams: Milan 1989/1990, Manchester United 1968 and Internazionale 1988/1989 :) The new editor, despite a few issues, seems much more powerful and easier than the last one. Next month I'll post a few pictures and, good news, i'm about to put on-line a website where you'll have all the info you need about the database!

I'll keep you posted.

Bye

Please make Flamengo 1981, Santos 1966 and Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) 1991....

I can help if you want....

Crvenza Zvezda and Santos already in, Flamengo not yet...I need more info about the players (at least some of them), how they played,e tc.

Cadijk: it's a good idea to ask in the club forums but it's hard to find impartial fans :D The ca/pa should be the same of fm, but who gives the ca/pa should be aware of the ca5/ca11/ca16 stuff and so on.

Deus, I'm more than happy to do a Leicester one. It could be either:

The 1963 near double winning side

The 1974 "entertainers"

The 1997 League Cup winning side

The 74 side would be mouth watering - Peter Shilton, Keith Weller, Frank Worthington, Lenny Glover etc.

I will probably be laughed off the forum but an Aston Villa winning team would be fantastic, whether it be the 1982 European Super Cup team or the 1996 Coca Cola Cup winning team, would be great! thank you. I could try to help out with the teams if you want me too.

Sounds like a decent shout, not being a Villa fan im thinking back but that would have a young Cowans and Spink?

I think it has to go down the best Villa side, without attempting the impossible and lookig at the early FA Cup success sides, which are still less of an achievement that Europe.

as per every other post - the 09 database was fantastic

please keep the this fomat - any it goes withouth saying - thank you

just one point - could we increase player loyalty - as this may allow the respective teams to stay together longer - rather than Madrid etc buying up players - whilst you could argue that the players would go now - they would not have done at the time - either this or increase the club rating?

Sounds like a decent shout, not being a Villa fan im thinking back but that would have a young Cowans and Spink?

I think it has to go down the best Villa side, without attempting the impossible and lookig at the early FA Cup success sides, which are still less of an achievement that Europe.

Being only 22, the '82 squad is my dads era. The League Cup '96 squad is my era and frustratigly my only Villa success story to date lol

Deus84,

Were you able to solve the problem of crash dumps?? Personally I don´t know wich may be the cause of the crash dumps, but if I can help you with the database, let me know, please. I´m a big follower of your FM legends. Thanks for the great job that you´re performing.

I loved the previous version, and I also liked the fact the main team were based on a particular year / era. But in my opinion, the best part was the fact you added 16-18yo versions of future club legends, which for me added longetivity. Will you be doing the same this year?

I loved the previous version, and I also liked the fact the main team were based on a particular year / era. But in my opinion, the best part was the fact you added 16-18yo versions of future club legends, which for me added longetivity. Will you be doing the same this year?

Yes I will :) MUSTRENKO, unfortunately I'm not able to solve the crash dumps issue. Every time I try to edit the awards, save and start the game it crashes when it's loading the database. I don't really know what to do, it's pretty annoying.

deus84, I have never had the pleasure but seen the screenshots of your last effort, it looks fantastic. I could certainly give you a hand with info.

I like the idea of a set year, granted its not exactly legends but if you formulated it into a super league it would be the class acts of a certain decade at least, and the realism would suit everyone.

Still you should go ahead with the original format. But if you edit the players' dob you can easily produce different starting years. E.g. a 69-70 starting season uses the player's real d.o.b. +40 years. This is easy and sets up nice for Brazil '70 and Ajax/Feyenoord lovers! Then if you want to make 79-80, you can delete players aged over 25 from the last database and add the young ones. Just need to tweak the CA and the odd stat relating to age maybe.

D.o.b's can be found at wikipedia, go to a world cup and then to squads and they are listed for every player at that WC. If you did that though I'd say keep the teams down to a minimum otherwise it'll take too long. I could help you with this if you like. A lot of tedious work but if you made the players for the Legends db anyway it should be doable.

And what about New York Cosmos!

Hey Deus84,

I absolutely loved your last database (go Magyars!) and I am eagerly awaiting your new one, but I would like to know what players age will be? example in the last database it was strange to have some modern legends getting into their thirties while some older ones are just reaching twentysomething.

I really like surf12's method and i'd think the best thing would be to set players' age according to decade. For example:

90's - 15-17

80's - 18-20

70's - 21-23

60's - 24-26

50's - 27-29

40's - 30-32

30's - 32-34

What do you think? Of course if you would like one player to play out his whole career for you, that would need some minor adjusting.

It depends David. The ages were not random. IE: I create Milan 1990/1991. Marco Van Basten, in that year, was 26 years old so in my Database he will be 26 years. Man Utd 68: at that time Sir Charlton was 30 years old so I HAVE to make him 30 years old, even if it's strange (but fascinating!) that some modern players are younger than him :) Legendary players of the same team which played in different period (like Rivera) will be in the young team (15-18 years old) or in the first teams they played before going to the club where they were considered legend. Then there are some expections, like some players who do not belong to any "classic" team. Most of them (90%) are young and talented players, and this will increase the longevity of the game, and just a few will be old.

Regarding surf method. It seems good but in that case 30 and 40's players would be completely useless. Just consider that, in that period most of the players played 'till they were 30 or 32 because of physical injuries. And by using that metod i could not create specific team because of the age trouble ( (an entire team made of 18 years old players ?!? O_O). I hope you understand what I mean :)

If by any chance you need help with some of the legends in Portugal I can give you that kind of information.

Not in Benfica because last year's Benfica was already great, but the other teams haven't got any legends.

So if you need help say something

Guys, i've got a serious problem with the database. It keeps on crashing every time i start the game because of these DAMN crash dumps. What can I do ? I've just added and removed player...nothing else. If it keeps on crashing i don't know if there will ever be a legends database 2010. It NEVER happened in fm2009 altough i edited 90% of the game. I'm really ****ed off :|

P.S. I found out the problem seems to be juventus chairman. I edited his name and his attributes (and nothing else), in fact if I tried to load english and spanish leagues the games works just fine, but if I try to click on Juventus Info the game crashes, and so does If i load italian serie A. That's weird considering that up to now i've edited a few chairmen but nothing happened. Now i've tried to erase the chairman but the game keeps on crashing. I've also tried to erase everybody in juventus board but that's useless :( What can I do ?

Nope. The original chairman is Cobolli Gigli, who has never been a professional player nor into foorball before becoming juventus chairman :| Btw i solved the issue: i had to create from scratch the new board and now the game seems to work :)

Update

Teams (fully) made up to now:

Milan 1989-1990-> 100%

Internazionale 1988-1989-> 100%

Juventus 1975-1978-> 70%

Roma 2000-2001->100%

Manchester United 1967-1968->90%

Real Madrid 2001/2002-> 95%

Plus some Brazilian, Swedish, French and Hungarian players (35 players totally)

Lots of teams still missing but i think that's a good start :D

Actually only players who really played in the youth team will be play there. Before going to Madrid Di Stefano, for example, played in the great river plates side (la maquina) so he'll be there. Puskas played 9 seasons for Honved Budapest, the greatest hungarian team of the time, so in the database he'll be there. On the contrary, in Real Madrid youth team (castilla) there will be players like butragueno, chendo, michel and so on.

In my opinion, the legends should be present more than one in the game such as 2 Cruijff who is a legend for both Barcelona and Ajax.You may say that both of them can play in the same team at the same time and this may reduce the reality of the game.But in fact, this would be more entertaining because the teams can be classified in their successful periods such as FC Bayern 1974 or Real Madrid 1960 etc. I think we can assign one of these legends for their national team and the others should retire for their national team so only one of them can play for the national team.And also these legends should be younger than 20 in order to have a long-period in the game.

Thank you for your opinion mate but imho this would make the game unrealistic. Let's say there are two maradona. One plays for Napoli and the other one for Barcelona. The first one could not play for the national team but the second one can. Fine. What happens if Barca (or Napoli) buy the other Maradona ? There would be two maradona play for the same team and that would be hilarious :D Have you consider that ?

Thank you for your opinion mate but imho this would make the game unrealistic. Let's say there are two maradona. One plays for Napoli and the other one for Barcelona. The first one could not play for the national team but the second one can. Fine. What happens if Barca (or Napoli) buy the other Maradona ? There would be two maradona play for the same team and that would be hilarious :D Have you consider that ?

:dddd yes, I have considered this problem as I have written above. This'll make the game unrealistic. Maybe we can choose the dislike clubs as Barcelona for Diego in Napoli and as Napoli for him in Barca...I think this may reduce the probability of presence in the same team.

On the other hand, there'll be an extra problem in which two maradona can play against each other in the game. I think my idea is not so good:(

Archived