[FM09] Manchester United - Europe's Trophy Capital

hursty2

I knew I'd missed something, Fiorentina went through with me. I apologise for the updates not having any screenshots of the league but seen as though I'm already through two seasons I can't get screenshots of the league and other things. :thup:

This really would be better off in FMS tbh. It would presumably be easier for you to post the magazine images as pure text, right? There's enough storyline and detail to warrant it, if you could sacrifice the pictures of players etc. If not, I suppose here is the place.

This really would be better off in FMS tbh. It would presumably be easier for you to post the magazine images as pure text, right? There's enough storyline and detail to warrant it, if you could sacrifice the pictures of players etc. If not, I suppose here is the place.

I don't think it would be but I must admit I am finding it tough to produce these updates and its taking forever to do so. Do people enjoy my updates the way they are or should they be more simple?

I don't think it would be but I must admit I am finding it tough to produce these updates and its taking forever to do so. Do people enjoy my updates the way they are or should they be more simple?

They are brilliant updates. But if they are taking forever and you don't like it that way you should maybe think about just text

Right I've decided against doing my usual updates as they are too time consuming and demanding and especially with school I simply won't be able to cope. Expect two updates per season after I have caught up to my self with screenshots and season summaries.

I hope to have the next two seasons up tonight:thup:

Season Summary 08/09

The second half of the season saw me still competing in the two main competitions, the Premier League and the Champions League and winning both these would mean that United would be consecutive winners of both competitions. A 13 game unbeaten run meant that I was clear challengers for the league but 6 of those 13 games ended in draws, meaning I had dropped 12 points from a possible 39. This was a real kick in the teeth and led me to third in the league, the unlikeliest of teams taking the league.

Final League Table

Top Goalscorers

English Footballer of The Year

Manager of The Year

Young Player of The Year

Top League Goalscorer- Wayne Rooney (13)

After I had progressed from the Champions League group stage I came up against SPL side Celtic and in the first leg I lost 2-1 but made up for that loss with an emphatic 6-1 victory at home. On to fellow EPL side Chelsea in the quarters where in the first leg we grabbed a 2-1 victory at home but couldn't take advantage of the lead and lost 1-0 even after Michael essien was sent off in the 10th minute. Chelsea progressed to the final but lost against winners Real Madrid.

Top Goalscorer

Best Player

Manchester United Season Summary

Top Goalscorer- Berbatov (22)

Assists- Giggs (21)

Highest Average Rating- Cristiano Ronaldo 7.31 (38 Apps)

Fans Player of The Year- Cristiano Ronaldo

Now that was easier.

Season Summary 09/10

Transfers

My best transfer of the season was the most expensive one, Mexican Guardado having a stunning season providing 23 assists.

Joe Mattock impressed th fans in the appearances he made and he also impressed me, one for the future.

The young brazillian Walter impressed me greatly as you will see soon.

Pre-Season- I had a decent pre-season the most notable victory coming against Champions League holders Madrid, it seemed like it might be a good season for me.

BarclaysPremierLeague- Well a great season for me a 20 game unbeaten run in the middle of the season helped me mass a title challenge but on the last day of the season I needed to get a point or more to secure the title and put Arsenal to 2nd but I lost 3-1 against Portsmouth meaning if Arsenal beat Middlesbrough they would take the title. Well lucky for me they didn't, Boro holding them to a goalless draw meaning I won the league by one point! United now level with Liverpoo with 18 titles!

League Table

English Footballer of The Year

Top Goalscorers

Manager of The Year

Players' Player

Team of The Year

Youth Player of The Year

Uefa Champions League- Better than last year but still not good enough, I lost out to eventual winners Liverpool, my fierce rivals, conceding in the 106th minute to a N'Gog goal, it was a real dagger in the heart as I was dominating but left myself open to a fatal counter attack. I'm hoping to win this next year.

Golden Boot

Best Player

CL Team of The Year

The Carling Cup- Another cup I could have won but lost out to Arsenal at Wembley as my team put on a dissapointing performance. Some positives though as I beat Liverpool in both Semi-Final Legs which delighted the fans. Rooney the competitions top scorer aided with his four goals against Newcastle in the 4-1 victory. Rooney also grabbed the highest average (8.38) meaning he also got the most MOM's (3).

The FA Cup- As I mentioned earlier my wonderkid Walter delighted me and with his 7 goals in the FA Cup meant he was the top scorer, I have high hopes for this lad. In the SF at Wembley my team dissapointed again, drawing 2-2 with Pompey then falling apart in the penalties missing the first two but atleast I can take the positives out of the Cup, that meaning that kid, Walter.

Manchester United Season Summary- Overall I felt that I had a decent season and if I'd have just performed in the games that were needed I surely would have added a couple more trophies. Still though I am happy that we won the League and am looking to add a nine-teenth. My transfers paid off and am looking forward to their futures here at the club as they are all quite young. For future transfers I am definitely going to add a new right back and maybe a new striker. Come on the new season!

Top Goalscorer- Berbatov (23)

League Goalscorer- Ronaldo (15)

Assists- Guardado (23)

Average Rating- Ronaldo (7.39 32 Apps)

MOM- Ronaldo (8)

Fans Player of The Year- Nemanja Vidic

Ahh so much easier :)

Newcastle winning the league :eek: At least you won the league the next season though.

Do people prefer the updates this way?

I always think that it should be done whichever way is easiest/most enjoyable for you. If you don't mind doing long updates because you enjoy it that's fine, but if it gets too time consuming I don't mind reading summaries as above. Personally I prefer shorter, more to the point, summaries because that's the style I use, and it also gives you more time to play the game, but I don't really mind that much either way :thup:

Yes, but you should be doing it for yourself too mate, whatever way you like.

Close title win :eek:

I prefer it this way and enjoying it more as it's briesf and I have more time:thup:

And yes it was close:D

Newcastle winning the league :eek: At least you won the league the next season though.

I always think that it should be done whichever way is easiest/most enjoyable for you. If you don't mind doing long updates because you enjoy it that's fine, but if it gets too time consuming I don't mind reading summaries as above. Personally I prefer shorter, more to the point, summaries because that's the style I use, and it also gives you more time to play the game, but I don't really mind that much either way

Yeah i prefer the short summaries to, as you say it gives me more time to play.

Newcastle are brilliant for some strange reason haha.

So hursty am I correct in saying you are up to your present season in this save?

Congrats on winning the league btw. But then you are Man U, couldn't been that hard :D

That would be correct so expect an update in the next week or so:thup:

Theres more pressure on me to succeed but I understand the pressure in this job and hope to thrive under it;)

Midway Season Summary 10/11

Transfers- I was given 47 big 'n's by the board to spend this summer. So I thought why not? Aguero greatly impressed me and he was worth almost every penny and he better have been. German Daniel Schwaab has also impressed me in the games he has featured in.

Pre-Season- 5 out of 5. An easy pre-season campaign so more importantly was getting the fitness up and they were good heading into the long season ahead of me.

Premier League- A great first half of the season with 15 victories taking me well clear of the chasing pack. 10 goals and an average match rating of 7.34 from new signing Aguero also aided our cause.

League Table

Carling Cup- Still in this competition but not that bothered about winning it but 4 trophies at the end of the season would be nice.

FA Cup- Not featured in this yet but have West Ham in the third round.

Champions League- I thought the group would be quite a challenge but I progressed with relative ease. Now onto Roma in the First Knockout Round.

Group Stage

BEST GAME SO FAR

10-11BestGame.jpg

The picture does the talking.

What an amazing last 7 minutes of the Manchester derby! I bet you were screaming when Guardado popped up with the winner! :D

I know you're only 19 games into the season but only something dramatic is going to stop you claiming the title!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived