Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.

Im wondering whether to start a new game as Oxford but I have never managed this low before just wondering if you could give me some hints and tips on to who to buy/sell, what leagues I should run, any tactical tips and whatever else you think I may need on the way to glory.

Cheers!

Hi Sparky, I'm Tom. its a great game give itago.

load french romnian scandiavian srbian brazil maybe argentina and columbia maybe mxico.

but romania and france defo.

tactically matts your man! (ypresfr)

Emil Salomonsson, Emir Sabic, Jonathan Estrada, Anthny Scibre, Sabrin Sburlea, Liviu Ganea all brilliant some ight not come to conference but then get them in league one! we are all going to be here tohelp so giveit a go!!

Zombie, you're so lucky getting Arsenal as your parent club: quality loans guaranteed! Liking the transfers, Salomonsson great ofc and Soley is deadly if you use the corner bug!

Chewy, I am having almost exactly the same problem, scoring a few but letting loads more in! I've changed the defensive partnership and that's helped a bit but yeah do as Tom said, I'll try it myself!

Ecks, he should be on a large database. Plays for Baulmes at the start iirc.

Sparky, I am the aformentioned tactical genius, but you can call me Matt! icon_razz.gif I would say def load all players from Colombia and all those Tom said and pray for wps! Except for the ones mentioned also go for Seyfo Soley on a free and loans, loans, loans (don't forget to get a parent club!). And lastly give Oxford a go mate, you won't regret it!

Yes mate it's a very good game! Should be fairly easy to win the BSP tbh but when you get into the league proper that's when the challenge begins!

Load playable just English BSP and above. Load all players from France, Romania, Sweden, Serbia, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and poss Mexico.

As for transfers, personally I can recommend Emil Salomonsson, Seyfo Soley, Johnatan Estrada for the BSP (others include Devineau, Mary, Kalenga, Sabic etc.) and when you get higher def get Liviu Ganea and poss Sabrin Sburlea, Anthony Scribe, Bernardo etc. Def get a parent club as well and look to loan players from Prem reserves.

Tactics wise you can try mine if you want or make your own which is pretty fun. Otherwise, look in the tactics forum for inspiration.

Fianances rise really quickly so don't worry about them.

We're always here for advice don't forget. How can you say no? icon_wink.gif

yes get in!!!

Into the Championship. not the way i wanted to but still there!

4-1 win in the playoff final against Leyton Orient!

Hat trick from Possebon icon_confused.gif and an own goal got me there! now this is where i need to do well signings will be posted as soon as i can!

good luck Celtic!

Tom, loving it mate fantastic! Possebon: goal scoring legend! Hopefully you'll join me in the Prem soon! Ganea looks good for you as well. Still wouldn't swap him for mine tho. icon_wink.gif

Fraser, have you looked at my suggestions on the pevious page? If you do them and get a parent club for quality loan you should breeze past the BSP. Tom, anything to add?

Good luck both of you! icon_smile.gif

right thought i would give you guys an update. just finished my 3rd season. this is how the final league table looked.

season3ut1.png

conceding goals cost me in the end and an inability to hold on to leads. with the squad average age of 22 it's not really suprising.

here are the transfers for the season. transferser1.png

this is my squadsquadgo4.png

any suggestions for improvement. i think i need a right back. any other suggestions. i was thinking of adding experience due to the young squad age.

Originally posted by ypresfr: Tactics wise you can try mine if you want or make your own which is pretty fun. Otherwise, look in the tactics forum for inspiration.

QUOTE]

Can you email me your tactic then please matey.

Cheers

Sorry for not replying lately: my internet connection is really crap! Celtic, Sparky I'll e-mail you that tactic and yeah Celtic, Villa is a great parent club try and get Delfouenso on loan.

Briz for DR try Gabriel Zakuani on loan from Fulham or other Prem reserves. Alternatively check out Romania, France and S America for bargains.

Celtic08, squad should be fine for BSP, I would suggest another left winger, have a look at Villa reserves or ry for Maghoma if you can't get Estrada. If you can then get a short term loan until he comes in January. Great hat you got Soley btw!

Sparky, i would get rid of your reserves and Under 18s if you can mate yes.

hey guys!

Sorry i haven't been on lately, been revising icon13.gif

Just thought i'd let you know how i'm doing.

I didn't get promoted from league 2 icon_frown.gif i lost in the playoff semi final icon_mad.gif

I just started my second season in league 2 and i'm currently 8th icon13.gif

I was awesome at the start of the season but i've just drawn 3 on the bounce then won 1 and now i have lost 2 in a row icon_frown.gif

my team just isn't performing! I'll post you a screenshot of my team when i have time.

Hope all your games are going well.

Sorry for the long post icon_razz.gif

Archived