Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ganea's been great again. Can't give you exact figures cos I'm off the game now but he's got about 45 in all comp and it's still not the end of the season! Will do a full report when the season ends with Ganea and all those players you wanted to know about before. icon14.gif

cheers mate! glad hes doing well for you icon_smile.gif should easily cut it in the prem!

im kinda losing my love with fm so im having a winning game! havant & waterlooville. put rep up to same as watford and transfer budget 1mill and balance 3mill and wages 50k budget.

didn't want to go over the top but just wanted to win stuff again. just cant seem to stick with a game lately so doing this and then going to try oxford again! bit silly i know and cheating but just want some fun lol. only problem is if i get into if i have no real achievements becasue i cheated but never mind, im not planning on playing long.

looking forward to seeing how bernardo, san roman, scribe and obama are doing.

i have to thank you matt and you other guys for making this a successful thread icon_smile.gif never thought an oxford thread would get to 6 pages! more than the chelsea and bolton :p threads and hasn't been around for even half the time

Thanks to you all! and Good Luck with your games and keep the updates coming!

Yeah, what a hell hole the Bolton thread is nowadays! icon_razz.gif Only joking, we've still got a few good games going.

The Havant game might help you get your love for FM back. I go through stages like that sometimes, I just don't wanna play anymore, it seems so boring but when I get over it I love it more than ever! Just one of those things I guess.

Will post a full update tonight if poss. icon14.gif

So, season 2009-2010, another famous one in the history of Oxford United Football Club. All masterminded by their astoundingly brilliant mansger... me! icon_razz.gif

cc1endseason3jc3.jpg

Excellent season overall. Helped by an amazingly solid defence only 29 in 44 conceded and 22 clean sheets: impressive. 9/10

obamastartofseasondp7.jpg

Another three figure point score against all the odds and over 120 goals scored! icon_eek.gif

Ofc, there was our famous exploits in the FA Cup as well, unluckily losing to Chelsea on pens after dominating the game. icon_frown.gif

Here's my squad:

oxfordsquadstatsendseasat9.jpg

Another brilliant season by Ganea, over a goal game again! Other great contributions have come from Braaten, Barcham, Obama, Salomonsson and Martinez. Pretty sure my squad now could handle the Championship but lets not get too cocky! I've got Joao Carlos coming in the summer cos Medran is annoying me: always bloody moaning! Should be interesting to see who get the number 1 jersey between J Carlos and Scribe. Speaking of Scribe...

scribestartofseasoncf4.jpg

A very good season from the keeper. Helped by an excellent defence 22 clean sheets and only 29 conceded in 44 games should have led to a better avg rating imo, but who cares? Deeply impressive, 9/10

obamastartofseasondp7.jpg

An integral member of the solid defence and also deadly at set pieces Obama has turned to Ghanan nationality when a Spain call-up could have been beckoning. A consumate all round performance, 9.5/10

sanromanstartofseasonnu2.jpg

San Roman has made the right back spot his own this season despite the presence of record signing Para with very impressive stats for a 21 year old. Has exceeded expectation, 8/10

bernardostartofseasongb8.jpg

An interesting season from the midfielder, who has played the role of the more defensive MC well, with plenty of assists to show for it. However, he has also amassed 17 yellow and 1 red card and whether or not he is Barcelona quality remains to be seen. Good, but needs to control temper, 7/10

Right, who's next for a thrashing, bring on the Championship! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

double figures again icon_eek.gif

how do you do it icon_razz.gif

I've got anthony scribe and he doesn't seem to be doing that well for me icon13.gif must be my defence tbh.

Just beat rotherham 6-3 after being 3-0 down and then lost to morecambe 3-1 who haven't won in 17games in all comps icon_frown.gif whats happening?

Looks okay mate. Clarke (from Aldershot I assume) is probably the weak link there. A loan is probably your best bet tbh. Alternatively, you could try going to 5 at the back or put a DM in there with a backwards arrow to the defence. I used this tactic wih Bolton on 8.0.0 and i was pretty solid defensively so I'll e-mail you that and we'll see if it improves. icon14.gif

well done matt! nice work! all those players are looking good! what are their PA's in your game? or do you not want to know?

obama has 175 on my barca game icon_eek.gif was only 159 on oxford!

hopefully you will go straight up to the prem next season shouldn't be too hard for you!

Good to hear you're enjoying Havant. Yeah, sorry bout doing so well and spoiling your game! icon_razz.gif

Just for you mate I looked on FMM and the PAs are:

Scribe- 158

San Roman- 162

Obama- 157

Bernardo- 159

So all could in theory cut it in the Prem! icon14.gif

Made some fb transfers so far:

Angel di Maria (£2.5 mill) icon_eek.gif Coming to end of conract I think.

Daniel José Farias (£2 mill) 199 PA regen striker!

Joao Carlos (£1.3 mill) Cos Medran is annoying me like I said before.

Waldo Ponce (£1.7 mill) Some experience in a young backline.

Victor Diaz (Free) Colombian left back looks like a good prospect.

Roberto (£3.2 mill) The DM from Atletico Paranaense will be def first choice next season.

Looking good so far. icon_smile.gif

wow wow wow wow!! di maria that is one fb signing he will tear up the championship! hes good enough for bloody barca etc!! 199pa icon_eek.gif hope he reaches it!!

carlos is an amazing gk can become world class!

ponce and roberto are pretty good too!

unlucky with scribe and obama's Pa's but still they will be great obama was amazing for me with only 159 so should be. scribe had 170 on my last one but only reached 155 ca before i stopped i think. so all depends on how you do with him.

hopefully i do a bit better this time. ill post an update tonight hopefully if i make all my signings. i just hope i do well or ill get bored again. i think its mainly the cups! i always get knocked out.

whats your cup secret lol?

right..

crap start but going alright now!

Transfers:

scr7c72863gc9.th.jpg

absolutely raped the loans!

So far my Star player has been Eddie Nolan, then David Gray, Marc Kalenga, Ludovic Mary and Esmir Sabic have all been good for me, the rest are yet to perform.

squad:

scr7cac224tp5.th.jpg

i kind of stole your formation Matt, but i have set up my own team instructions and player instructions which at the moments mean i dominate the games but still fail to score really other than freekicks and corners.

hopefully my strikers will hit form so far Odubade has been the best striker.

Results so far:

Oxford 0-1 Northwich

Halifax 0-0 Oxford

Oxford 3-2 Histon (Salomonsson, Nolan 2)

Woking 1-1 Oxford (Nolan)

Oxford 3-2 Burton (Gray, Odubade, Kalenga)

York 2-3 Oxford (Nolan, Ledgister, Gray)

Oxford 1-0 Forest Green (Nolan)

Oxford 2-1 Exeter (Harsanyi, Cywka)

Oxford 2-0 Aldershot (Nolan, Odubade)

Ebbsfleet 1-2 (Nolan, Kalenga)

so after a poor start to the season i started winning the game against woking was terrible as they scored their only shot!!

but since then i have won every game and hopefully i will keep it up!

formation has been pretty solid just not taking my chances! not much i can do with that though just need strikers with confidence!

let me know what you think of some of my signings.

had trouble with work permits again icon_frown.gif

one quick signing i managed to get Seyfo Soley for Free

just lost 1-0 to Weymouth once again terrible their only shot!! i just cant seem to get that ball in the back of the net and its really making the team suffer because of it! don't know what im doing wrong with it! just lost Eddie Nolan to injuring so no more goals at all i guess...

just changed formation to something a bit more attacking and still DOMINATED the game 22 shots 59% possession Cambridge have erm... a whole shot! and score and beat me 1-0!!! what is going on!!

sorry for all the posts!

my comp is nice to me icon_smile.gif it turned itself off because it got too hot! but still lost weymouth but had another crack at Cambridge and beat them 3-1 with goals from Gray and 2 from Maghoma! changed to a different formation now so hopefully it will be the last!

Tom, you and your obscure French teams again! Can't find most of the players but I'll take your word for it that it is good. Some fb loan signings mate, Nolan looks like a goal machine from the corner bug and Soley can cut it in League 1 imo but if not def in League 2.

Good start. Your game seems to be exhibiting classic symptoms of the 'goal to shots ratio' bug, but it was supposed to be fixed on 8.0.2. icon_confused.gif

George, cheers mate. Unlucky about the computer. Speak to you soon hopefully. icon_smile.gif

loads of my loans have gone back now. little update...

League Table:

after my good luck with my comp turning off i have been unbeaten since losing to Weymouth.

scrb0bb53faz3.th.jpg

so all going well in that department.

FA cup into 2nd round facing Notts Forest. lost last time to them so hopefully can get them back!

new Loan Signings:

Adda Djeziri - Portsmouth 3months

Per Weirauch - Chelsea 3months

Graeme Owens - Middlesbrough 3months

not sure how they will fair but Djeziri was great for me last time so hopefully will be just as good and Weirauch was good for my Havant side. i just need more goals so got in a few wingers to give me them, and just making the most of the loans icon_razz.gif

this is my squad now. i changed the formation a bit because changing it around loads messed my old one up which i forgot to save and then couldn't get it back to how it was. this one seems to be less attacking but pretty good defensively only really conceded from set pieces or penalties.

scrb1271ebzd4.th.jpg

im fiddling with the team instructions but at the moments im winning so not too bothered! just not sure i could beat any team better than me though

Hi. Im about to start a season as oxford. Ive never really been a low league team. Who do you recommend I sign. I know to find a feeder club and loan players and try for frees but who should I defiantly get. Thanks

Originally posted by mattjm:

Hi. Im about to start a season as oxford. Ive never really been a low league team. Who do you recommend I sign. I know to find a feeder club and loan players and try for frees but who should I defiantly get. Thanks

salomonsoon and estrada icon14.gif

I've only changed the full backs and wingers tbh.

DR/DL: Forward Runs/Run with ball/Cross ball (Often)

Mentality (2 clicks toward the attacking end)

AMR/AML: As above but through balls often as well

Mentality and creative freedom (mid way between middle and attacking/much)

Not changed any others.

Thanks for the suggestion but SOley isnt interested and the other two arent on my game. SHall i start a new save and load more leagues or more platyers. If so what ones shall I do where I can get decent players. Thanks

Archived