Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys... still in my first season its jan 1st transfer window just opened i need a LM who dont cost a lot and prob a back up goalie if you have any ideas would be great, have not got a lot left in the transfer kitty as signed seyfo soley, solomonsson and sabic (who cost 20K) and all joined today. quick update is sill am in all 3 cup comps but 2 points off the play offs in 7th (only 7 points of top), will think now i have a settle formation and tactics hopefully promotion no problems. respect to the pair of you for all your posting read em daily; keem em up.

andy

Originally posted by dexta200:

wow looks really good!!

i have only had him in the prem and he failed so not sure. but for that division wow! did you get Sburlea?

Nah, I looked into him but didn't want to overload my squad, he seemed to do well for you tho si I may come back to him.

Oh and Andy, you might do well to look at frees see if Leandro de Oliviera is still free and also see how much Johnatan Estrada will cost you: he's immense!

For GK, look at frees again or try and get someone in on loan: do you have a parent club?

Good luck mate! icon14.gif

The run goes on!

Oxford 2-2 Ipswich (Ganea, Dubarbier)

Oxford win 5-3 on pens icon_biggrin.gif

At full time it was still 0-0 but they scored 2 in 3 minutes at the start and I thought it was the end but Ganea scored on 110 mins, one of their defenders got sent off on 116 and Dubarbier scored his first goal for the club and the equaliser in the very last minute! We went into he shootout high on confidence and didn't miss one: can't wait to see who we get next!

Guest toonemre

just started my oxford game. signed 11 or so players to try and get me promotion.

GK Caig (free)

DR Atkin (free)

DL Simon Charlton (free)

DC (both from chelsea as got them as parent club)Joey Hutchinson (loan)

DC (the other) Hutchinson (loan)

MR Brittain(free)

ML Casal (free)

MC STAR BUY!!! JODY MORRIS!! (free)

MC Woods/Sewyer (chelsea loan)

ST Paul Shaw

ST Asaba

But not the greatest of starts. 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats

Tom, cheers mate! Ganea has got 37 in 28 games atm, a brilliant piece of wheeling and dealing if I do say so myself! icon_razz.gif

toonemre, very nice mate! Ask Tom about the Chelsea stuff but we can both help on other things. Looked at Morris but he decided to go to someone higher up the leagues. Good luck and keep us posted! icon14.gif

23 games left this season (in Jan currently) and 15 points ahead of 2nd place so there's no danger of me not getting promoted tbh! icon14.gif

Made some new signings:

Miguel Rebosio (Free)

Bernardo (£325k)

David Yepes (£45k)

Flavius Stoican (Loan) As a backup DR until the summer

And these are coming in the summer:

Anderson Bamba (£18k)

Ezequiel Medran (£95k)

Jose San Roman (£10k)

Trying to sell the deadwood now. I have accepted offers for Quinn, Day, Clake and Anaclet and have put the likes of Trainer, Wilmott, McAllister and Faria on the transfer list.

So all is well! icon_smile.gif

Hey mate good choice! Some interesting transfers there. I sa Plummer play for the England Under 18s and he lookd good. Will be interesting to see how he stacks up on the game. Also, look out for Salomonsson, Soley and Estrada: all fb for me!

Have you tried changing your tactic to improve your form? I've used this with fb reults so far:

oxfordtacticjan2008ap2.jpg

Tom (Dexta200) has also had success wih other tactics and I'll quote them in a minute.

I'm Matt btw. Good luck and keep us posted! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

for my first 6 seasons i used this tactic.

West ham diamond

and as you can see i am in the premiership so it has worked well for me!

but now i want to push for uefa cup i have switched to this one because i have never used it beforeand the reviews look good!

West ham V

Here are Tom's tactics. Have you got a feeder club btw? If not I would get one you can get some quality loans that way. icon14.gif

cheers for the advice matt ill have a look at those tactics. i have salomonson joining in january and will have a look for the other 2. i tried getting a parent club but the board couldn't find a suitable club so will try later in the season.

i have just been knocked out of the fa cup 7-3 by grimsby in a replay icon_eek.gif

I'm nick btw

i had that tristan plummer on loan first season and he was pretty good!

i got confused there with your squad matt lol. but then realised that was yours last season! was like where ganea! haha

tristan plummer will become good irl. being a bristol city fan we have high hopes for him.

Good to see a discussion between more than two people on here!

And for you Tom here's my squad now:

oxfordtacticjan2009lx1.jpg

Bought Para for £850k so he'd better be good!

Beat Blackburn again in the cup: 2-0 (Yepes (p), Ganea) and now have Villa in round 4.

Ganea update: he now has 42 in 33 games. icon14.gif

Yep that's him. Stats don't look great tbh but he has potential to improve and can cover on booth sides of defence so not too bad. He'll probably be backup to San Roman when he comes in the summer.

How's the Lyon/Barca/Chelsea game going mate?

ooooh but san roman probably wont get a work permit will he? never does for me icon_frown.gif

yeah great loving it icon_biggrin.gif got this supposedly diablo like tactic off the forum so just trying it out and its been amazing so far!

why didn't you beat united tonight!! bloody ronaldo!

you should have a look at gael etock looks like hes going to be a star for my barcelona side!

Nick, it's a good improvement mate. Have you tried the other tactics I said as well? With your squad using my formation I would recommend:

GK: Turley

DR: Day

DL: Slocombe

DC: Spillane

DC: Foster

DM: Quinn

MC: Rothery

MC: Rose

AMR: Gray/Ledgister (Salomonsson when he comes)

AML: Nelthorpe

FC: Plummer

Stick with the West Ham one if it's working for you tho.

Tom, well I've confirmed the San Roman transfer so will it get rejected in the summer?

Yeah well at least United's goal difference didn't improve as much as we all expected. Yeah I hate Ronaldo the diving, cheating... *Rants about nancy divers ruining the Prem and insists Diouf isn't one of them*! icon_razz.gif

Will look at Etock thanks mate, any other gems that might be available? icon14.gif

well he might come to you but have the little " wp" symbol and you will have to loan him out etc but hopefully not!

erm ill just have a look for you. only problems being at the top teams they probably wont want to come. ill give you a few that might.

Ryan Bertrand - Chelsea

Oier Olazabel - Barcelona

Emmaunel Sarki - Chelsea

Sergio Tejera - Chelsea

Gael Kakuta - Chelsea (little Gem)

Said Mehamha - Lyon

Romain Miguet - Lyon

Loic Remy - Lyon

you should get some on loan especially the chelsea boys. i signed kakuta in league 1 i think..

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Cheers Tom, I'll check them out! icon_smile.gif

SZJ, great to have you back. That guy looks a good winger, wouldn't like to play him up front with 7 finishing tho! Good find tho mate, especially for your league. icon14.gif

CBA typing out your whole name and there's some karma for you! icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll look a him at the end of the season mate, he's moved to Derby and is on loan to Port Vale atm so I'll have to see what I can do. Cheers! icon_smile.gif

Bit of last minute transfer action:

In

Obama- Murcia (£220k) One of yours, Tom!

Elvio Martinez- Aldosivi (£80k)

Out

Guy Melamed- Swansea (£160k)

Phil Trainer- Macclesfield (£4k)

Happy with my signings. What league were you in when you put Obama in the first team Tom?

ah brilliant OBAMA is a legend! he doesn't want to come to barcelona, lyon or chelsea on mine in 1st season lol!

martinez not on mine so not sure but looking at your signings so far should be good.

i was in league one when obama 1st played and was awesome from the start!

well as an attacking midfielder heading isn't essential. hopefully he will be mate!

i just won 9-0 with barca over valladolid icon_biggrin.gif loving it!

still yet to hit 10 though!

im really looking forward to seeing you in the premiership mate! if you make it to 2015 i might get back on it and join you icon_smile.gif

Great result mate: there'll be more like that I'm sure! icon14.gif

I'm hoping I'll will see it through that long, it would be great to win the Prem and even a European competition with a team from the BSP! Even getting to the Prem would be great! Thanks for the offer btw, you'd be very welcome!

I'm done for the night now, catch up with you tomorrow mate! icon_smile.gif

Archived