Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

well done matt! nice work! both beating each others teams lol. :p

haven't been able to play last night because my girlfriend had my laptop icon_mad.gif but im back now and will hopefully finish the league 2 season tonight. will give regular updates as per usual.

Oxford vs Blackburn FA Cup 3rd Round up next icon_smile.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah my cup double dream has ended! blackburn beat me 3-1 at Ewood Park. Pekhart getting his 10th of the season. hes been an amazing loan signing! Ganea hasn't performed like in your game Matt i don't know what you do to get that many goals out of him??!

next up Villa part 2!

also beat colchester 3-0 to get to the final of the south JPT woop!

and now has my league cup dream...

another 1-0 loss to Villa and im out 2-0 on agg. not bad but would have been special to get to the final. villa man city and arsenal could all get uefa/champ league through league would that mean i get uefa cup?

had an absolutely diabolical end to the season after winning the league...

Oxford 2-2 Hereford

Oxford 0-2 Brighton

MK dons 1-0 Oxford

Mansfield 1-0 Oxford

Oxford 2-0 Rochdale finally got a result to finish the league like this:

scr60bf826qj8.th.jpg

think my players kind of gave up, im rather annoyed that i didn't get triple figures as i really should have. played 65 games! Scribe being the only player to play every game. conceding 64 so just under a goal a game pretty decent considering the amount of cup games i played against bigger sides!

Ganea scored 37 in 55 games 24 in 41 league games. which i am happy with but i would like to know what you do with him matt?

he only has a PA of 132 on my game icon_frown.gif

overall this season was amazing! semi final of league cup winners of JPT and getting promoted to league one couldn't have asked for anymore really.

Tom, sorry for not posting mate, this internet connection is utter rubbish! Anyway, nearly fell off my chair at that money thing: I believed it at first too! I'll look out for that on my game as well.

Unlucky in the cups mate but you do get more money (not £500 mill tho!) for good cup runs so it's always useful. As for the UEFA thing don't know tbh, I think it happens irl tho.

Great season there! PA 132??? I don't know what he is in mine, I'll check in a sec, but I would think it's more than that. No special instructions that I use iirc, I'll have another look and report back.

As for transfers, any particular positions? Here are mine:

oxfordtransfersseason3kr4.jpg

You could also try Barengrub for DC and Stewart Kean for ST, they're pretty good and cheap. I'm sure I'll think of some more soon.

Good luck mate! icon14.gificon_wink.gif

Cheers mate. Bertrand, Barcham didn't want to come on loan icon_frown.gif and Johnsonhas moved to west brom.

tried many south americans but no luck with work permits icon_mad.gif

got a few players. could do with another MC and ML/AML DL/DR and maybe a striker. barengrub is at wigan and doesnt want to come.

Stewert Kean isn't on my game.

have only got 6 days of transfer window left and all i've brought in are youngsters really no one who will step into the 1st team ...

Okay, I know you're all gagging to know how I'm doing in the Championship (not!) so here is the long-awaited update!

League:

cccjan2011co5.jpg

The Championship's been tougher than the other leagues so far, I've lost nearly as many as I did in my last three seasons! But still, the table doesn't lie and the fact is hat if in May I'm where I am now I'll be in Prem! icon_cool.gif

Squad:

oxfordsquadstatsjan2011nq0.jpg

Hmm... for the first time Ganea has some competition for the top goalscorer award. Despotovic and Ganea has been a brilliant partnership and have banged in the goals. The wingers have also got in on the act with goals and assists from Lulinha and Di Maria.

Tom, for you:

bernardostartofseasonsj5.jpg

Been quite dirty again tbh. Assists have been the main source of his contribution tho, and we've been getting big offers from major clubs.

obamastartofseasonnj4.jpg

Unfortunately, Mr Obama will not be with us for much longer as the chairman accepted a £7.5 million + 30% sell-on clause. Not bad profit! I'm buying a regen DC for the long term and I'm trying to get a loan for the short term.

sanromanstartofseasontf0.jpg

San Roman's stats haven't improved much but he's been excellent all season so I'm not complaining!

scribestartofseasondu2.jpg

He made a fight of it, but in the end Joao Carlos got the no1 jersey, tho not through fault on Scribe's behalf.

Let's hope this continues and I make it to the promised land. icon_smile.gif

Tom, try for Maghoma on loan (he can both both ML and MC), Vokes for ST and maybe Dubarbier for DL. Can't think of any more atm. Sorry.

Hey guys

Well the dream is complete 4 seasons 4 promotions. I actually had a poor end to the season but finished 4th and won the playoffs 3-0 on pens against WBA.

Right time for the Premier League I have said I will avoid relegation and been given £21.5m Anyone got any suggestions. Problem I have or we all have is that Oxfords reputation will be quite low.

Originally posted by Jonnyowl:

Hey guys

Well the dream is complete 4 seasons 4 promotions. I actually had a poor end to the season but finished 4th and won the playoffs 3-0 on pens against WBA.

Right time for the Premier League I have said I will avoid relegation and been given £21.5m Anyone got any suggestions. Problem I have or we all have is that Oxfords reputation will be quite low.

nice mate. yeah i found this its rather annoying! im hoping that getting to the semi final of league cup will help me out there!

just gone out in 2nd round to west ham this year though icon_frown.gif

Jonny, Tom may be your man for this as he's the only one whose been in the Prem before. However, Lulinha and di Maria are def Prem quality and possibly Ganea, Despotovic, Obama, San Roman (wp), Joao Carlos could all be good enough, not sure tho: I'll find out next season I suppose!

Congrats btw! icon_smile.gif

Tom, yeah, very good price imo. Got this Dutch regen called Mulders who looks quite good and also Humberto Mendoza. I bought 2 cos I sold Bamba as well. And Bernaro, yes def worth it for that price but watch out for poor discipline and knowing your luck you won't get a wp! icon_rolleyes.gif

okay well im giving him a go cheers. why do all the good players/ones that want to come not get work permits!!!

the players i have signed aren't looking great but i think they will do me a good job in league one hopefully anyways! Sburlea is certainly liking playing up top. also changed my formation to an attacking 4-4-2 as the old one was just not scoring enough goals for my liking!

right my transfers:

scraa4822eat4.th.jpg

Overall i feel i didn't get who i wanted.

because of work permit and lack of interest. but still not all bad

Loan signings for the season are Galbraith (Quality for me last time) Fabio and Possebon both solid and a chance with Tarweh Nimely also Bostock on a 3month loan see how he does.

Maghoma was a last second buy just because i had money and had no one else wanting to come.

Obama and Ionescu i think will be my best buys.

Grigoras, Tavares, Mononen and Thomsen are all regans

Howson looks pretty decent too. and it was either aswap or 50k for Locatelli so i took the swap for howson.

Teniste and Khalili just brought in as back up and as no one else wanted to come lol.

okay now onto the important stuff:

Results...

Oldham 0-4 Oxford (Sburlea 2, Ionescu, Kalenga)

Oxford 0-2 Leeds - was down to 9 men!

Oxford 1-0 MK Dons (Sburlea)

Darlington 2-4 Oxford (Sburlea 2, Mary, Ganea)

So overall Sburlea playing really well! didn't expect to beat Leeds to be honest so not dissappointed, just hope to not lose for a while.

Havnt played my oxford game in a while, was in league 1 about half way through the season, I may start again though as all of you seem to know the right players on 8.0.2 and I am playing 8.0.1 because I started with Oxford on the demo!

Any suggestions, do you think I should carry on?

If I do start again which leagues should I load and load all players from etc?

Thanks

Evening guys.

Tom, loving the transfers mate. Haha, you got Obama for Oxford when you couldn't for Barca! Ionescu looks good as well. Good loans, they should all be good tbh. Great results! Sburlea looks on fire atm! Unlucky against Leeds but everyone has off days.

Any more updates since mate? icon14.gif

Briz, wow, Forest! Mind you it is League 2, disastrous for them to be relegated from League One in the first place so I suppose they did as expected. Good luck for the new season! icon_smile.gif

olliet94, ah the long awaited update! Liking it mate: 3 straight promotions, make sure to make it 4! icon_cool.gif

andy, great improvement you've made. Tactic sounds good, stick with and I'm sure you'll get even higher. Keep it up! icon_smile.gif

As for me, Mendoza didn't get a wp so I signed Pellerano instead and i didn't get Mulders either, found a better one called Magno so got him instead. Also got Martin Galvan for £1.5 mill and another regen (a MC) called Hernandez who looks fb for the future! Going the other way through the revolving doors were Cohen (£350k), Obama (£7.5 mill and 30% sell on) and Anderson Bamba (£1 mill). Lost in League Cup final to Arsenal 2-1. icon_frown.gif Nearing end of season now.

Oh, promoted to Prem btw!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No probs Briz:

DR: Para, San Roman (wp), Halford (if unhappy), van Zanten (if not moved), Ljubo Baranin, Cristian Sarghi, Mikael Lustig, Yulian Anchico, Daniel Wass, Dan Matei (all permanent). Victor Diaz (Sevilla) Gunter, Riley, Zakuani, Possebon, Rosenior, J Hoyte, Gilbert, Rafael (all loan)

DL: Jonathon Bornstein, Dusan Andjelkovic, Kirill Pavlyuchek, Matthew Park, Emil Johansson, Branko Lazarevic, Leon Jessen, Predrag Kascelan, Victor Diaz (Colombian), Sebastian Dubarbier (all permanent). Lyskov, other Prem reserves (loans).

MR/AMR: Elvio Martinez, Juan Carlos Mosqueda, Dario Botinelli (if you're lucky), Bjorn Helge Riise, Tomas Frejlach, Somen Tchoyi, Emil Salomonson, Tobias Eriksson, Niklas Barkroth, Razvan Rivis, Kalle Ljungberg (permanent). Tejera, Barcham etc (loans).

DM: Adrian Ropotan, Dan Alexa, Andreas Dahl, Mario Bolatti, Omar Benzerga, Tamir Cohen, Richard Hughes, Cristian Daminuta, Daniyel Cimen, Nebojsa Jelenkovic, Damien Plessis (permanent). Grant etc (loans).

MC: Blagoy Georgiev, Tomasz Bandrowski, Simon Ferry, John-Joe O'Toole, Carlos Saez, Jonathon Douglas, Luke Summerfield, Nick Montgomery, Ruben Yttergard Jenssen, Giannis Papadopoulos (permanent). O'Hara, Kakuta etc (loans).

Enough for you there? icon_wink.gif

hi matt. i started a newcastle game last night because im having abet with a mate about who can win the prem 1st. im top after 27 games ahead by 6 points in 1st season so could do it already so im going to play oxford tonight icon_smile.gif not going half as good as you i don't know why though??

currently 4th 5 points off top!

still got 4.5million in the bank to spend but just cant find anywhere to spend it! Obama hasn't really played as hes not developed very well so far and Sabic is flying!

great result mate loving it!

wish Ganea was as good on my game icon_frown.gif

Galvan for 1.5million icon_eek.gif bargain mate!!

nice price for Obama as well. and well done on the promotion. im not sure im going to get there anytime soon icon_confused.gif

Your mate's a bit stupid, betting with you, a master! Me and my mate have bets, not for money or anything, on things like that. So far, I've won all of them: Toulouse (me) vs Rennes (him) for the French League, Juventus (when they were in Serie B) vs Udinese for the Italian league and Birmingham vs Fulham for the Prem! icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers for all the comments and think positively! icon_razz.gif

haha yeah we always do and i always win icon_biggrin.gif

haha i just lost 2 in a row icon_frown.gif Stockport and Swansea. playing wiht tactics though so not good at the moment!

just cant find one that works icon_mad.gif how many games left in championship? until you can start your european domination?

A grand total of 1 game left to go in the Championship but there's a massive break until then so the report will have to wait til tommorrow. My European domination will begin with a flourish next season as Arsenal are def in Europe via the Prem. Amazingly, they're locked in a battle for the title with... Derby! (No joke!) icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

hahaha!

that sounds good!

i just cant win at the moment! and it sucks! i don't know why either! i managed it last time so why not this time? if i dont start winning soon im going to get fed up and if i dont get promoted then i certainly will lol.

and now my save game wont load icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

argh im going to play newcaslte tonight.

i willll have to go back bout 10 games to when i saved it when i got offered the blackburn job. ill play it maybe over the weekend though.

hmm never really interested me.. i have a newcastle game running and have a pompey and everton games which i want to try along with valencia and Juve. and also want another Bolton game on the new patch.

so it might come here on the list we will see lol. they have to start interesting me in the league 1st beat united and maybe!

taking Exeter to CL glory was fun took 8 seasons to win it in the end though wanna finish testing my new tactic first Mmmh could try it with Oxford. how did you cope with the jump to the championship though I always find it much harder than when you first get into the prem.

Exeter won it with 105 points I almost feel off my chair when i saw that LOL. they finished third lost out to torquay in play-offs. But its not all bad they signed my lower league fav in Frankie Artus, and I have 190k to spend awesome. They can also have a bonus friendly againast Madrid now.

Defo mate the titles mine this year, by the way esmir sabic was an awesome find for this level mate he's coming on a free. Now that I've got the training and tactics sorted will get back to it tomorrow, up the U's.

P.S. and the rovers.

Archived