FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

My Liverpool story on FM08 so far...

I was initially surprised at the finances at the club. Due to insufficient funds, I get to see many players that I have targetted signed by my rival clubs. Like Marcelo to Inter for 25m, Vicente and Joaquin both went to Inter for 41 and 45m respectively and many others. Got to sell Alonso for 35m in the first season to balance the books. Though I signed Queresma, Vincent Kompany and Joao Moutinho to make up the squad. Finished the season as League, FA, LC and CL champions, did not really improve the finance status.

Second season, brought and sold Miguel Torres for a profit of 14m. This sort of balance the books. Spend all my transfer budget on Sergio Aguerro for 40m. Then signed Philip Degen on a free. Many players departed at the end of the 2nd season. This somehow helps to ease the financial burden. Again won all trophies, but only managed to break even.

Now in the final quarter of third season. I am leading the league on 18 points after 26 games, in the CL second round, in the final of LC and six round in FA cup. Also has a 76,000 stadium now. Have managed two free transfers and a 9.75m Jimmy Briand transfer at the end of the season.

The only positive side of things is that I have a bunch of great youngsters coming up from the u-18 and reserves team. A few of them are already in my first team and should get more playing time starting in my fourth season.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Old Trafford and beat Man Utd 3-0. Followed that up with beating Benfica away 4-0, then took Arsenal in a real ding dong effort 1-0 at Anfield. Just made it to December 2009 and lead the League by 11 points as Arsenal, who are second, drew their first 3 games of the season.

I think I'l be letting Sami Hyypi leave on a Bosman at the end of the season. I've re-signed Fowler though as he was firstr team to start the season due to injuries and did a good job.

Hello all, not posted on here for a while but i had to show you all this....this is from a Premiership game i've just played, look at the time....

Anyway, currently in my second season with the Reds, Premiership winners first season and Champions League quarter finals.

Odd game or what??

oddgamezw6.jpg

Originally posted by Amaru365:

Hello all, not posted on here for a while but i had to show you all this....this is from a Premiership game i've just played, look at the time....

Anyway, currently in my second season with the Reds, Premiership winners first season and Champions League quarter finals.

Odd game or what??

/QUOTE]

I didn't know the invisible man and friends played for Arsenal and Liverpool icon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to be restructuring my team for 3rd season and I bought a few players

Lorenzo Di Silvestri to replace Finnan

Miguel Veloso for cover

Aaron Lennon for right wing

Also I got Baptista coming in January for 9 mil, bargain? Cause VDV is going to leave earlier than I planned.

IRL Gerrard is the first captain for Capello for Wednesday's game also in IRL news we are in the running for Diego of Werder Bremen.

In game wise I am comfortable being unbeatable as Man U and Arses lost their game to Chelsea and Man City, slowly Man City are becoming quick rivals.

I got Baptista coming in January for 9 mil... 9 MIL?! but VDV may be leaving as well atm 16-18 million deal between Barcelona and Roma.

Couple of games into a new Liverpool game, I'm using tactics based on zagallo's 2-6-2 theory and have so far not managed to get the best out of Torres. Is anyone else using this system who can give me some advice as how to get the best out of Torres whilst using it?

Rarrr!

Gillette accepted an offer of 5 million squid for Insua, sold off to Roma. I was a bit annoyed but coped, until He then accepted an offer from Valencia for Alonso for £17 million. Insua is now worth 22 million (one season later) and Xabi is worth over 25 million! Bah.

Originally posted by New Roosterman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dmc1759:

Forgive me brothers for i have sinned......

just bought christianno ronaldo....

How much did he cost you in transfer fees? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cough* erm bout 70 million at age 24

Have finally decided to be liverpool so thought i'd post how i'm getting on.

Took over from Rafa at the end of December with Liverpool 5th but just lost 3 in a row. Didn't sign anyone in Jan but sold Alonso 20mill, risse 8mill, voronin 4 mill, aurelio 5 mill. Finished 3rd 5 points behind Arsenal, went out to Inter in first knockout stage, FA cup lost to Man U.

New season = New team

Added Micah Richards 20mil, Kevin Doyle 10mil, Aaron Lennon (swap with Mancini), Downing 15 mill, Collocini 7.5mill.

Reina

Carragher Richards Collocini Insua

Gerrard Lucas

Lennon Downing

Kuyt Torres

Subs

Hart

Arbeloa

Finnan

Agger

Mascherano

Pennent

Babel

Crouch

Kevin Doyle (beat Milan to his signature - he's supersub)

I'm just talking terms with micheal Johnson from Man City at 17mill. How do people rate Paul Anderson, Leto and Amoo out of the reserves/youth? do they become good? Leto seems to struugle for pace.

what do people think of carragher? he got done a few times for pace last season and diddn't seem to be my strongest centre half, so i've moved him to right back and he is much stronger.

I lack a couple of world class signing imo, but alot of young english talent so i'll wait and see.

Originally posted by New Roosterman:

The following screenshot (which was the 2008-09 English PLayer of the Year Award Screen from my game) indicates why I love the strike partnership of Torres and Adri9ano for Liverpool -

200809engplayeroftheyeaxz9.jpg

how did u get the pictures of prem players in it?

Originally posted by Me131:

how did u get the pictures of prem players in it?

If you check oput my posts on this page of this thread you will see where I downloaded them from. There is intrsuctions on where to place them on your PC so they work located within the thread.

On my game, and I wish I had kept a screenshot, Had my Assistant Manager and one of my playetrs praise my halftime talk after a game as we came from 1-0 down to win 3-1. First time I've seen it happen. Anyone else had this occur?

Originally posted by Shakey:

How do people rate Paul Anderson, Leto and Amoo out of the reserves/youth? do they become good? Leto seems to struugle for pace.

Amoo is ok but nothing great. Paleccio is the best of your young strikers (jsut don't get Torres to tutor him or they'll fall out).

Keep Anderson and give him a few games. Watch the offers poor in for him. Will be better than Pennant but there are better options for the right.

Leto, depends on how he develops. Heard some say he becomes very good, others he is average. Wait and see is my opinion.

Originally posted by kopsy101:

any1 had gerrard playing well. he was average for me until i played him attackin mid and he got footballer of the year writers player of the year and mid of the year

I have him playing well my third season. However with Adriano and Torres playing the way they are he won't win the major awards as they are just killing it.

For some reason I seem to do well with my strikers. More so than my midfielders.

Hey guys I'm in Season 3 with Liverpool now and would like some suggestions on my team. I kinda play rotation like Rafa and have almost 2 different starting XIs so here goes:

First XI

Akinfeev

Aurelio

Micah Richards

Zapata

Lorenzo de Silvestri

Mascherano

Gerard

Guardado

Babel

Torres

Berbatov

Second XI

Reina

Insua

Felipe

Carragher

Finnan

Lucas

Toni Kroos

Lulinha

Freddy Adu

Benayoun

Vela

Other players still on the team are:

Carson

Kewell

Crouch

Ashley Corker (regen LB)

Andreas Unger (regen ML)

Josh Morrison (regen ST)

Some regen DR

Fredrik Duplus

The regens all have high PA and I'm hoping that they develop well. Trying to sell off the older players (Kewell, Benayoun, Aurelio, Carragher, Finnan) but I would need backups as the youngsters don't cut it yet. Still in pre-season and Freddy Adu just arrived. He looks good and should be able to replace Kewell. Any ideas who I should bring in? Keep in mind that we're still in debt and structured deals are discouraged... Have 35mil pounds left in the bank.

If you are looking for a good young left midfielder look in Brazil for a player named "Sergio Motta". He is in the game at the start of 2007. I signed and he is coming along nicely. My Assistant Manager rates him as being able to develop to be better tyhan Lionel Messi (who as I said many posts ago I cheated to sign to my squad).

Off the top of my head though I cannot remember which club he is with.

I need a new tactic. I've been using the SWJ-one for ages, and teams are now beginnning to cancel me out. I want one to utilise Babel, Aguero, Silva, Gerrard, Lucas and Torres so they dont become cranky, because all of them are ****ing ace for me.

Originally posted by Ackbaria:

I need a new tactic. I've been using the SWJ-one for ages, and teams are now beginnning to cancel me out. I want one to utilise Babel, Aguero, Silva, Gerrard, Lucas and Torres so they dont become cranky, because all of them are ****ing ace for me.

If you stick with the same tactic andb formation game in, game out, the computer teams always figure you out. That is what would happen in real life. Thus try using a differnt formation for a couple of games then go back to your preferred formation and it will be ok.

Jehrome, my apologies. I didn't realise he had been discussed.

Kopsy, I'll get back to you.

need opinions am in my 1st season on jan 1st valencia offered 12m for agger i sent back 12m plus 10m after 30 app they have now come back with that offer am tempted as am 8m in debt am playing with the 252m debt on the club to the chairman so could do with the money i have carra,agger,barzagli and hyypia i also have skrtel in res but am looking on selling him what do you think sell or not ?

Don't sell Skrtel, he becomes a great defender and is already very decent should you need him to replace an injured player. I think that seems a pretty good offer for Agger and seeing as you have Carra, Barazagli and Skrtel backed up by the experienced Hyypia, plus Arbeloa can actually play CB if needed, i'd let him go.

Archived