The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

Ton prepare for all out attack next season

After yet another dissapointing season, Abraham has decided to tuck into the Market to pull out some suprise signings this summer.

"It's no use haveing ex internationals if they are not going to play for the shirt" Abraham said with a snarl.

The latest session turned out to be better than its predesessor starting of with a Home game against East Fife. Mid way through the first half Uotinen slipped the ball through to Williams feet who then tricked his marker into the wrong direction. As the Fifers keeper came out to the edge of his box Williams sent the ball to what looked like halfway between the goals and the Corner flag. Before anybody could react with disgust the ball swerved in a new direction and went behind the Keeper and into the Fifers net. This Goal has to be the best of the decade, or East stirlings name is not Smelly B@stards. Clarkson was on target for the Fifers 30 seconds later but the goal was cut off due to him being 50 yards offside. End result Morton 1 East Fife 0.

Next was a trip to Cowdenbeath. The Ton struggled to get a draw against the 3rd division new boys but thanks to a penalty by Bradshaw and yet another goal from Williams, Christie and Courts goals were cancelled out to make the full time tally 2-2.

Dumbarton is there name and Dumb is there nature. Well there defenders at least as Williams was let free to score his and Notman needed no reservations to score his 2 in a 3-0 rout of the recent relegated side.

Promoted Queens park are always going to be hard team to visit. And so it showed as McAdam got the only goal for the Spiders to make the full time score 1-0.

A visit to East Stirling fallowed and youd be forgiven if you fell asleep during this utter poor display from the home side. Morton played there usual Away Defensive tactics and waited for East Stirling to mount a serious attack. Did they? Did they ****!!! 92 minutes of over rated girly attacks from a side that would not look out of place in a syncronised swimming compitition. Manager Turperoonie should really take a look at himself after buying half of the population of the northern hemosphere and still cantwin a game.... Geez, if you were to give him Real Madrid to manage in the Scottish 3rd division he'd still struggle to get a better position than 3rd bottom at the end of the season.Maybe he should just give his best players to the Ton so that he can learn how a real side is managed!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

OI , The Pair of You!

SHUT IT!

If its gemme related , feel free. If its a case of showing off whos got the biggest set of brass balls, take it to the OTF forums.

Couple of fannies!

[This message was edited by Dogs on 06 August 2003 at 13:46.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh stevie you've only started to get gallous since you got a job, dont start quoting rules on this forum till you have yer own pc and dedicate more time online without having to ask yer bro's permission icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forums all aboot free speech Dogmeister. Including the right to say when a Mod is creating a situation instead of dealing with it.

Something gets off topic , hit delete , dont sit and do one-upmanship for the delights of the public. Ive been modding forums online for about 4 years , i see the pattern forming.

I'm really sorry guys that I've not been available for the last session, but I've been away due to family reasons.

Anyways, did I get the sack ?? .. lol

Speak to you guys later

GameHeader.jpg

### Game might be up a little later tonight sorry. Once up we will chug the last 2 weeks which are pretty meaning less, but yell have time to make some late minute deals and fix up contracts retiring players etc as everyone will be on holiday then until the 1st of july. Tonight is really about finishing off the season and getting the new one under way. get all yer deals done the night if yer freshening up ur squad tonight is the night to do it, as on Monday Season 3 is gonna start ###

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scots:

I'm really sorry guys that I've not been available for the last session, but I've been away due to family reasons.

Anyways, did I get the sack ?? .. lol

Speak to you guys later<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as i Know yer still in a joab despite probably getting the wooden spoon with your fromer division 2 side. If ye cant make a session PM me or email.So how are mummy and daddy...lol? icon_biggrin.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 04/08/03

Dear Supporters,

Please stand up for the Champions! I’m sure we are all delighted at winning the league and taking Stirling up a level. We’ve had a tremendous season and have never been out of a promotion place, with the credit going to my players who have all been magnificent.

With promotion recently secured, it was important that we remained concentrated on our games to pick up the silver at the end of the season. Stewart Robertson’s Cowdenbeath proved to be exceptionally difficult to overcome and nearly caused an upset when they came calling. As expected, we went ahead after Nicholas carried the ball forward and crossed for Clague to knock in. However some sloppy play in the middle of the park lost us possession and let Knox race away for an equaliser. With time slipping away it looked as if Cowdenbeath had raided a point, but when a Nicholas shot from 20 yards was parried, Clague was lurking to slip home the rebound and grab us an 88th minute winner.

We used to fear visiting Ross Turpie’s East Stirlingshire, but our side is so strong, I feel we can overcome anyone on our day.

It took us just a minute to go in front, with Kevin Kyle netting at a corner kick. Kyle added a second just before half time and I thought we were well on our way to another victory. However Turpie is a seasoned campaigner and a series of tactical changes saw his side battle back to earn a point. A hand ball inside the box gifted Osman a goal from the spot and Kelly did well to get on the end of a long ball and make the final score 2-2.

I was slightly disappointed by the result, but soon cheered up by the news that I had finally been named the Bell’s Third Division Manager of the Month. The old fools in charge of naming the top gaffers have denied me until now, but my team’s form and success couldn’t go unrewarded any more and I’m delighted to have picked up what I hope will be the first of many paperweights. Neal Clague also joined me at the photo call and as we posed for pictures I was glad to see that a rival manager had heeded calls to keep in at the day job. icon_razz.gif Clague scoops the Bell’s Third Division Player of the Month, so congratulations to him.

And so it came to our game against Gary Toner’s Queens Park. A win over our closest rivals would place the championship crown on our head and I was looking for a home victory to reward our supporters.

We got off to the perfect start when Clague finished from close range after just a minute of play and Kyle soon added a second when he pounced on a rebound.

Kyle bagged another by finding Clague’s cross and the net, but Annand slotted into an open goal to pull one back for the Spiders.

However there was little chance of a comeback when Clague made it 4-1 after scoring from a seemingly impossible angle to add to his collection of spectacular goals. Greilich then cracked home a screamer from 20 yards to get a rare goal and Clague finished the scoring by towering over the defence to head in and cap a 6-1 win. With the league now wrapped up, Queens Park were understandably upset, but there is no excuse for Scharner’s sending off in injury time after aiming a kick at Kyle.

The final whistle sparked scenes of jubilation and I salute my players who have made our championship win possible.

Our joy was transferred into another highly impressive performance away to Kenny Wilson’s Dumbarton. Nicholas was unstoppable, beating several players before finishing and giving us the lead. The boy deserves to be playing at a higher level and I was on my feet applauding when he repeated the feat minutes later with another goal that was good enough to grace any stage, cutting through the Dumbarton defence and having the composure to make it 2-0.

Neal Clague then found the goal in more traditional style, rising to head a corner kick into the Sons net. The powerful striker completed the rout by slotting home to make it 4-0 in a game that stamped our authority over the rest of the league and highlighted the gulf in class.

Jim Hastie’s Gretna have had a surge of form that has seen them climb the table recently but with their gaffer off on a scouting mission (I was a Boys Brigade lad myself) we had another chance to entertain our fans with some goals. With Nicholas in terminator mode, the boy strolled past the Gretna defensive line to curl a shot inside the post and net another fine goal. Banim then equalised despite clearly being offside, but a sense of justice was restored when Clague scored a scrappy goal, before making it 3-1, exchanging a neat one-two with Kyle and firing home. The two big strikers combined again just before half time, with Clague crossing for Kyle to stroke the ball into the bottom corner. Prunty headed a goal back for the hosts but it was another convincing win for the champions.

We still have a couple of game to play and we’ll be looking to continue our winning ways and entertain with goals. Obviously they’ll be some personnel changes in the close season, but to be honest I think that our current team is capable of competing in the 2nd division. Already I’ve secured the signatures of some players and I’ll certainly be trying to improve the squad over the close season. Defender Tore Pedersen joins us and brings a wealth of experience with 44 caps for the Norwegian national side as well as the background of playing the Germany, Japan and the English Premiership. I’m sure his presence at the club will also be beneficial to the younger players and I’m delighted to have added to the youth side with a couple of players. 16 year old Steve Howell can play anywhere in defence or midfield, while attacker Andy James joins from Partick Thistle and despite Albion Rovers claiming that they had the player’s signature; I’m delighted to say that both will be wearing the red of Stirling. Sadly, one player who will not be turning out for us is Kevin Kyle, who will be playing First Division football with newly promoted Albion Rovers. I look forward to bringing you more transfer news and welcoming you to the 2nd division in our next issue.

Enjoy being Champions!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Can play tonight if place still available. Sorry couldn't get connected via irc as it kept crashing.

Is there an FAQ to get me started?

Just realised that my ISP has 2 hour cut-off. Is this (and 56K) a problem?

If so, don't mind waiting a few weeks until Broadband is here.

The Spiders Web

Just as the cheesey early 90's song said The Only Way Is Up and thats just what it is as we have finally clinched promotion to the 2nd Division in what turned around to be a tense affair.

We're on the road again or so the song goes and we were off to Links Park to take on the mighty Montrose in what can only be described as a dull affair in a game that saw Eddie Annand and Justin Georcelin hit the back of the net for Queens Park.

Montrose 0 - 2 Queens Park

Did i say the last game was dull? hah that was nothing compared to this game the visitors were Elgin City and it was a game that saw most of the fans and coaching staff to nearly fall asleep, there was nothing of note in either half and nothing worth writing about.

Queens Park 0 - 0 Elgin

Forthbank stadium in a game that was put over as the title crunch and Stirling wasted no time at all in clamping their authority down as Division Champions in what can only be described as a rout Stirling proved what we have known all season the team is different class. A hat-trick fron Clague a brace from Donkey Kyle and a wonderful effort from Greilich secured the game for Stirling with Eddie Annand clinching a consolation no matter what type of game it was i can make no excuses for Paul Scharner who was sent off, he know finds himself banned for 6 games and that signals his last game for Queens Park.

Stirling 6 - 1 Queens Park

Hampden welcomed Cowdenbeath in another highly dull affair even tho they were 3 goals, a brace from Eddie Annand and a single from fit again Steven McAdam were the goalscorers in a game that didn't see many real chances but when we did Queens Park took them well.

Queens Park 3 - 0 Cowdenbeath

The game that seen us clinch promotion and it was nice to clinch it in front of our home fans as Morton came to town a goal early on from Steven McAdam was all it took to seperate the teams and thats the way it finished.

Queens Park 1 - 0 Morton

Division 2 here we come and even tho we have a decent enough first team i realised one thing this season is that we have no real squad depth and that will have to be looked upon if we are to make an impact in the 2nd division, Young goalkeeper Allan MacGregor has already singed up for next season on a free transfer from Glasgow Rangers and we will be looking at adding a few more players before the season gets under way.

Gary Toner

Albion in for Rivaldo?

Shockwaves were sent through Scottish football today when it was revealed that following their Scottish Cup windfall from the game at Ibrox , newly promoted Albion Rovers were considering a shock swoop for out of favour AC Milan striker Rivaldo.

Manager Stevie McGuinness has been spotted in recent weeks speaking to Fernando Colucci , who is rumoured to be his chief scout in Italy , during his frequent visits to Jaconelli's in Maryhill. Additionally , reports have been flooding in that someone resembling Rivaldo was spotted on the flumes at the Time Capsule , racing against another remotely brazilian looking individual , believed to be Rafael Scheidt , Brazil's best known Scottish import.

When questioned , Parkhead officials could neither confirm or deny it was Scheidt , as they said "We havent got a f'n clue where he is , and as long as hes not on the park here on Saturday's , we dont care". When asked to comment on Rivaldo to Rovers rumours, he replied "Theres mair chance of Wee Fergus donating money to the Wim Jansen retirement fund".

Manager McGuinness said he wouldnt comment on transfer specualation, but did confirm he has signed Sunderland forward Kevin Kyle and that he was looking forward to the final two games of the season, and wished his rival , Peterhead manager Alex Holligan , the very best of luck.

He then proceeded to down a can of Irn Bru in one gulp , proclaiming "That went down quicker than Airdrie" before grinning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

_Albion in for Rivaldo?_

Shockwaves were sent through Scottish football today when it was revealed that following their Scottish Cup windfall from the game at Ibrox , newly promoted Albion Rovers were considering a shock swoop for out of favour AC Milan striker Rivaldo.

Manager Stevie McGuinness has been spotted in recent weeks speaking to Fernando Colucci , who is rumoured to be his chief scout in Italy , during his frequent visits to Jaconelli's in Maryhill. Additionally , reports have been flooding in that someone resembling Rivaldo was spotted on the flumes at the Time Capsule , racing against another remotely brazilian looking individual , believed to be Rafael Scheidt , Brazil's best known Scottish import.

When questioned , Parkhead officials could neither confirm or deny it was Scheidt , as they said "We havent got a f'n clue where he is , and as long as hes not on the park here on Saturday's , we dont care". When asked to comment on Rivaldo to Rovers rumours, he replied "Theres mair chance of Wee Fergus donating money to the Wim Jansen retirement fund".

Manager McGuinness said he wouldnt comment on transfer specualation, but did confirm he has signed Sunderland forward Kevin Kyle and that he was looking forward to the final two games of the season, and wished his rival , Peterhead manager Alex Holligan , the very best of luck.

He then proceeded to down a can of Irn Bru in one gulp , proclaiming "That went down quicker than Airdrie" before grinning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the words of Jim White - What a load of pi$$!

All I can say as far as next season goes lads is beware the Icelandic Hammer

Guest sav112

Ok who is the prat deleting my posts! Every time I post with a pic it gets deleted and no reason given. It’s beginning to **** me off big time.

Anyway I will repost my report on the last session.

The last two games of the season and these are massive as its very close

Gretna H 2-1

A fantastic result with E Stirling also wining with two goals and a solid display the manager was well pleased especially with the two goal hero’s Christie and Knox. After the Blue Brazil went 2-1 the manager played his trump card in Ferguson in a holding defensive midfield role which saved the three points at the death.

Dumbarton H 3-0

A much needed win and because of results else were we climbed to 5th. With Knox getting two and Baillie with one the manager was pleased and gave a shout when it was finished. The news was flooding in fast about the other games East fife and the Montrose game and the fans were hooked to ever radio in the ground.

So Manager Robertson can be pleased with his first season in the Cowden hot seat. He has formed a good team and now knows them well which I think held the team back to begin with as it clearly took time for him to adjust the team to his playing style. More money will be invested in fresh blood and maybe a few loan deals that he has seen the other managers use so well.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

New season and no money to spend at all. Even though we have a good few players I still think we needed to spend.

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 07/08/03

Dear Supporters,

With the Championship trophy in the bag we entered our final two games with little pressure. However I was keen to continue our entertaining form and try and push for an unprecedented 100 league goals this season.

We got off to a good start against visitors East Fife and Chris Nicol’s side found themselves a goal down after a minute when Clague connected with Mortimer’s cross.

It didn’t take long for us to double our advantage when the dazzling Nicholas skipped past the defence and fired the ball across goal for Clague to slot into the goal.

Clague then completed an impressive first half hat trick with a thunderous shot from the edge of the area which shot past the goalie and into the net.

Our domination continued into the second period and another wonderful run from Nicholas was rewarded when his shot was deflected in.

The final score was made 5-0 when the persistence of Nicholas took possession and the attacker managed to cross for Clague to knock into the net.

Even though the result didn’t really matter it was a highly impressive performance and hopefully an entertaining one for our fans.

Our final game of the season saw Sandy Thomson’s Montrose pay us a visit and once again it didn’t take long for us to penetrate the opposition defence.

Nicholas burst into space before curling a shot around the keeper on 5 minutes and Nicholas then turned provider, slipping into a crossing position and setting up Clague, who netted our 100th goal in the league this season.

Montrose made several decent chances themselves, but the win was never in doubt even when Kyle and Clague both had goals chopped off for offside.

The victory was a fitting end to an unforgettable season and the fact that we scored so many goals is testament to the exciting football that my players have delivered.

I was also thrilled for my players as the end of season awards were dished out. The performances of Greilich, Kyle and Scott all earned a place in the Third Division Team of the Year, while Neal Clague’s exploits won him another Bell’s Third Division Player of the Month and our Supporters Player of the Year. I myself was flattered to receive another Bell’s Manager of the Month award.

With the close season now upon us I am busy tinkering with the squad and trying to make it capable of success in the Second Division. Make no mistake that life will be tougher now and we must all be ready for the challenge that awaits us. Kyle, Schumacher, Reid and Miller have all left the club after their loan deals, but there is the possibility that we may see Miller and Schumacher back again. Adam Burgess has moved on to Hastings United and Mark Perry is now a Northampton player.

Some of our older staff have also decided to retire from some of their duties. Brian Deane, George Shaw and Physio George Cameron have all called it a day, while Les Ferdinand has hung up his boots but will continue to serve us on the training ground.

Obviously I’ve had to move to plug the gabs left by these departures and I’m happy to welcome the following new players to Stirling Albion. Paul Merson will be a familiar name to you all and the former Arsenal midfielder joins us on a player/coaching contract. Curtis Fleming is another experienced player, with spells in the English Premiership under his belt and his defensive skills will prove invaluable over the season. Striker Tony Boot signs from Slough and I’ve also moved to bolster our youth team with some players. Goalkeeper Jamie Sweeney arrives from Raith Rovers along side 17 year old defender Peter Masters and midfielder Stuart Anderson who signs from Southampton.

I am constantly reviewing the transfer situation and will bring you any news when I can.

Enjoy the Second Division!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Guest sav112

Hi, lads I might be a bit late on Monday, I think I’ll be in after nine. I don’t think I’ll miss much with everyone but me buying every player on the planet. Hopefully I get back before any matches start.

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Hi, lads I might be a bit late on Monday, I think I’ll be in after nine. I don’t think I’ll miss much with everyone but me buying every player on the planet. Hopefully I get back before any matches start.

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh thats a shame Stewart. I hope no one makes any sneaky derisery offers for your star players while yer gone icon_wink.gif

Guest sav112

Yeah another month of Turps biding for even more players icon_biggrin.gif, just don’t go near mine icon_mad.gif as they are all I have got to work with next season. Hopefully for my sake after all the friendly games and biding wars I wont miss much by the time I get back to the pc tonight and in all fairness I see the month being a slow one if there is new blood introduced, as they will need time to bid and set up their teams.

Hay is anyone being introduced to the new teams in div3 ? icon_razz.gif

Sav.

GameHeader.jpg

### Game up tonight Early! We might be starting some fresh meat tonight so game up from 6-30. We gotta start the season tonight so set yer friendlies and chug thru. Anyone holding the game up selfshly will be forced on hols. Good luck everyone in Season 3. I hope we can get a few more teams up the leagues to challenge the big guns. Hit that cont button..cya tonight for the trouble! ###

The Spiders Web

What can i say nothing really interesting this session, it was just a case of playing out the formalities.

With promotion in the bag we travelled to Firs Park in Falkirk to take on East Stirling. Despite putting out a near full strenght side it wasn't enough to deter East Sirling as Snee openend the scoring just before the half hour mark, we had our chances to level the scoreline but the shire keeper kept up as bay Twigg added to the scoreline 10 minutes from time as Shire ran out winners.

East Stirling 2 - 0 Queens Park

Last game of the season and it was a home tie with the visitors being Gretna an Eddie Annand inspired performance was joyful to watch considering the long hard season. Annand opened the scoring on the 18th minute and added to his tally 10 minutes from half time, Tom brighton added a 3rd just before half time in what all but wrapped up the points for the home side. Annand sealed his hat-trick just after the restart when he cooly stroked home the penalty.

Queens Park 4 - 0 Gretna

Congrats go out to Queens Park player Paul Scharner who won the league's player of the year award and also to Eddie Annand who was voted as fans player of the year.

Gary Toner

Gable Endies News

A series of disappointing results for the Gable Endies as the season drew to a close.

Montrose 0 - 2 Queens Park

Gretna 2 - 0 Montrose

Montrose 0 - 0 East Fife

Montrose 2 - 0 Elgin City

Montrose 0 - 0 Dumbarton

Morton 0 - 0 Montrose

Stirling 2 - 0 Montrose

Obviously one area where we need to strengthen is attacking players especially with goal machine McConalogue returning to Tannadice. I can assure fans that a new striker or two is top priority in the close season. Two new signings I am sure everyone will be excited about are our new goalkeeper who has over 100 caps for his country and our new left sided defender who I know will take Scottish Football by storm.

I believe our squad will be strong enough to challenge for promotion this coming season. Our target must be the Division 3 title and all the staff here at Links Park will work damn hard to achieve our goals.

Guest sav112

After a good build up with the friendly matches it back to the main business of keeping Cowden on track. Manager Robertson has only made one loan deal and we hope A.Tapp from Wimbledon will fit in and give us extra cover.

Morton A 2-2

After a good start Cowden found themselves 2-0 down after gifting a penalty to Morton. But Cowden replied with two goals Knox on the 53 min and Mauchlen on 57min. With points so hard to gat away from home it was a good result from the team that finished right above us in 4th. Manager Robertson realised that we lost to many away games last season.

Stranraer H in the cup. 2-1

A very good performance from the team, Knox who scored twice was simply out standing. With goals either side of Stranraer it’s our first win of the season and again Knox is scoring for fun. I hope we get a good team for us next round.

Sav.

Airdrie Angle

Pre season

There were two first's for Airdrie United going into the new season, never before had they played in the Scottish 3rd Division and new Manager John Train had never managed a professional team before either. Train had inherited a solid squad so signing's werent aplenty. One big swoop was for Aussie Striker John Maisano, a 28k purchase from Morton. Also heading for Airdrie were Liam Fox of Celtic and Andrew Whitehead oh Hearts. Both youngsters had been snapped up on year long loan deals.

As for on-field activities an unbeaten pre-season has gave the fans something to be optimistic about, Dave Dunn scored the opening goal in a 1-1 draw at home to Queens Park. This was followed by a 5-0 romp at home to Stranraer, David McGuire's hat-trick being the highlight. Finally 2 goals for new signing John Maisano and a superb solo goal from Jerome Vareille ensured an exciting match with Berwick which ended 3-3.

7th August 2004

Airdrie United 2 - 0 Gretna

Train's first game in charge and he handed debut's to all 3 of his summer signings. Gretna set out their stall to frustrate the joint title favourites and that's how it went for the majority of the game. Neither team created many chances but it was Airdrie who were the more clinical when the odd chance did arise. Liam Fox scored from 12 yards shortly before half time to give the hosts a 1-0 lead. Gretna hustled and bustled without creating much and it was left for 28k man John Maisano to wrap up the points 12 minutes from time.

Train's first impressions on the league were of how strong it is, "there are no bad teams and every match represents a new challenge, hopefully we can build on our start but we'll take it one game at a time and not get carried away with anything".

### EAST STIRLINGSHIRE FOOTBALL CLUB - A NEW SEASON A NEW HOPE ###

Its fair to say that last season was dissapointing, as the club failed to improve on the good form in the tail end of season 1. It's not that the team is playing that bad, the standard is very high and its bloody hard to win football matches consistently in our competitive netgame. At the start there was a 3 year plan, and if the Shire are gonna get anywhere they need to get out this division fast as we are now in our 3rd season and it will only get tougher as time goes on. Squad wise we are very strong despite being youthfull and inexperienced. The usual transfer stampede to Firs park has taken place and I feel we can compete this season and challenge the bigger clubs in the Division. Our GK position looks far better with some quality young keepers (Paul Jarvie , Holloway) to challenge Van der Deyl)joining and a new club Skipper Colin 'BraveHeart' Hendry has joined on a free from Peterhead. Another major signing was tricky French winger Bernard Diomede also signed from the high flying Blue Toon. Along with Loanees David Winters and Ryan McCann there is now real competition for places and the hardest job this season will be to pick a team, as we have 100 players on our books! Preseason went well with about a dozen games played in an effort to give the massive Shire squad every oppertunity to impress. The extra revenue was also welcomed despite the club still loosing money and being in a perilous financial state. This is not surprising really as the team needs culled although the wages are still very low. On a sore point our excellent Assistant manager Ray Clemence was poached by Falkirk for a miserable 3k, but a descent replacement was promtly appointed from a rival club hehe. We had a good start to the season despite only a couple of games being played. In these games the team and formation was effective and looked solid against quality opposition. The team also showed character and the will to win and to get anything out of the season its crucial you get off to a good start.

1ST TEAM PLAYERS IN FOR SEASON 3 (all signed for free)

6.6.04 Steven Jack,Scottish age 21 DRC from Celtic

6.6.04 Robert Oddy, English age19 DR from Coventry

6.6.04 Andrew Cousins, Irish age 19 MLC from Leeds

6.6.04 John McGrath, Irish age 22 AMFL from Aston Villa

6.6.04 David Murphy, English age 20 DL from Middlesborough

6.6.04 Chris Armstrong, English age19 SC from Leeds

6.6.04 Nigel Pierre, Trinidad & Tobago age 25 SC from Olimpia

6.604 Brian Ford, Scottish age 21 DRC from Coventry

6.604 Jordan Fowler. English age 19 DMC from Arsenal

6.604 Steven Stewart, Scottish age 19 DR from Dundee

6.6.04 Scott Friel, Scottish age 18 DLC from Celtic

6.604 Patrick Bannister, English age 19 FC from Derby

6.604 Sean Docherty, English age 19 FLC from Fulham

6.6.04 Dean Sinclair, English age 19 MC from Norwich

6.604 Richard Brush, English age 19 GK from Coventry

6.6.04 Danny Boshell, English age 23 MC from Harrowgate Town

6.6.04 Gregory Gayson, Antigua & Barbudan age 22 from Joe Public

6.604 Graeme Smith, Scottish age 21 GK from Rangers

8.7.04 Grant Smith, Scottish age 24 ML from Sheffield Utd

8.7.04 Craig Holloway, English age 20 GK from Arsenal

8.7.04 Bernard Diomede, French age 30 AMFL from Peterhead

8.7.04 Colin Hendry, Scottish age 38 SWDC from Peterhead

7.4.08 EAST STIRLING 3 East Fife 1

A great start in the opening game saw Marv Robinson score a great double to take a first half lead against the smelly fifers. Kenny D pulled one pack for them after a contentious penalty with new skipper Colin Hendry the culprit. Fans favourite Stuart kelly put the game beyond all doubt in the 81st minute with a fine strike from the edge of the box sending Shire joint top WoHoo!

10.8.04 EAST STIRLING 2 Berwick 1

The wee rangers took an early lead in the 9th minute as Mark McCormick finished a great break away to cathch the Shire defence on the hop. Shire battled back bravely and when the tie looked dead and buried Lee Norton (Penalty) and Stuart Kelly got too late goals in the 90th minute to dump Berwick oot the Cup...Suberb!

Montrose all set for long season

Greetings once more Trose fans as we look forward to the new season. Promotion is my target this year but it wont be easy in such a tough competitive league.

As promised new signings have arrived to bolster our experienced squad. Despite having no cash to spend some wheeling and dealing secured some quality players. Arriving in a season long loan deal comes striker Colin Nish from Dunfermline and I am sure the supporters will welcome back last seasons star loan player David Jack for another year.

A major signing coup was achieved with the signatures of two top class international players. Already here is 'keeper Warren Barrett, who has 123 caps for Jamaica and joining us in the next 2 weeks is Namibian superstar Patrick Mkhwanaizi, a left sided defender who has 26 caps.

Gary Middleton who arrived late on last season has settled in well into our new formation and is certainly a player to keep an eye on. Youngsters such as James Sutton, Graeme Sharp and Shaun Lannen also have a big part to play, the under 18s progressing nicely under my assistant. Recent signing Dave Watts shows much promise and should be a fixture in the side once his injury clears up.

Of course the established players have not been forgotten. Stevie Kerrigan, Barry Donnachie, Stuart Ferguson, Robert Dunn, Frank Conway, Kevin Bain and Derek Ure gave us some wonderful performances last season and everyone will need to be 100% focused throughout this coming season.

As I'm sure all the fans out there know I am not interested in quantity when it comes to players, only quality. No mass signings will be arriving at this club. However, I have instructed my scouts to scour the land for promising youngsters as I believe thats where this club's future lies.

After the usual run of meaningless friendlies the season started with a tough trip north to face Elgin City. A mixture of youth and experience was chosen to begin the campaign but it was no surprise to anyone that last seasons Fans Player of the Year Stevie Kerrigan opened his account with a fine strike in the first half. An equaliser from Elgin arrived in the second but we controlled the game and were unlucky to not leave with all 3 points. Elgin City 1 - 1 Montrose

Challenge Cup action next at home to Division 1 side Raith Rovers. Montrose totally dominated the game and sent out a clear signal to our 3rd Division rivals that the Gable Endies are going to be no pushovers. First goal of the campaign for Nish and a marvellous hat-trick from Kerrigan sent Montrose into the second round. Montrose 4 - 0 Raith Rovers

Gents,

I've got an exam tomorrow, so I dont think I'll be able to make tonight. I'll also probably be late in on Monday night (around 9pm) Sorry about this, I'm going to miss some important games.

Al

The Spiders Web

The spiders take it to the 2nd division, thats right a whole new season and a whole new ball game and the spiders have been installed as 7-4 for promotion, but with that brings added pressure and i want to say here today that we will be trying for promotion but avoiding relegation is respectable.

We are pleased to inform our fans of the following signings -

Allan McGregor from RANGERS on a free transfer

Mark Simpson from PETERHEAD on a free transfer

Kieth Kelly on loan from PSG

Mitchell Pique on loan from AJAX

Chris Mackie on loan from ALBION ROVERS

All off the above loan signings are with us until the end of the season and we are still looking at strenghting the squad for the forthcoming season.

The new look Spiders took to the field on the opening day of the season in a home game against Arbroath, with no McAdam(suspended) and no Eddie Annand(Thigh Strain) we went with a untested strike force of Justin Georcelin and Mark Debilla and it was Justin Georceling who got the breakthrough we he rounded of a great move just after half time to put Queens Park 1 up. All 3 points seemed to be staying at Hampden that was until deep into injury time at the end of the game Heenen for Arbroath popped up to score an unlikely equliser.

Queens Park 1 - 1 Arbroath

Team Line Up

McGregor - Pique - Andresson - Ostemobor - Morrison - Porhallsson - Whelen - Kelly - Bashir - Debilla - Georcelin

Gary Toner

With the bookies thinking that all we should be concentrating on is avoiding bottom and the board still wanting me to simply strengthen the team some would say I have it easy here. The problem is I want the title, I want promotion, I want to be the best manager and I want the Hibs job. This season will hopefully see us push for prizes but who knows.

I’ve gone all out and upset the board by going over the wage limit with mainly youngsters that I hope will break into the first team sooner rather than later, I don’t want to rely on loan players who don’t really care for the club because its passion and determination that will get us out of this league.

Reserves

Craig Futcher, Damian Reeves, James Gardner, John McMahon, Carl Woodward, David Jack, Alan Wells, Ian Berry, Andrew Preece, Daniel Hall, Steve Dawson and Craig Johnston are all players that I think have a future in the game.

Players to go straight into the first team squad

Olafur Valdimar Juliusson – signed from HK this is the Icelandic boy. He is quick, skillfull and can’t half ping a ball. I expect him to knock home a fair few goals in the absence of Martyn Lee.

Stephen McMahon, Graham Hockless and Keith Robertson – these guys were all signed form SPL chasing Peterhead. Stepehn and Graham are going to run the show in the midfield where as Keith Robertson I expect to be challenging Kenny D for top scorer,

Sean Dennis – just the 2nd ex hibee I’ve managed to bring in. Sean is the rock I’ve been needing for quite a while and will be the main man ahead of Ready and the young Conway and Edwards.

The season opener was not pretty as East Stirling humped us 3-1 as we struggled to find our feet. ES went up early and perhaps if the icelandics header had of dropped in instead of hitting the bar it would have been a different story but ES played well and deserved their win even though it was their manager Mr. Turpie himself that was emitting the awful smell that he blamed on us Fifers. Kenny D scored our only goal from the spot.

A few tweaks in the tactics for the home challenge cup game v Alloa and we witnessed the reason I thought we could challenge for promotion. We outplayed the 2nd division side all over the pitch and the 3-0 scoreline did not flatter us at all. Goals from the Icelandic, Dennis and a superb striker from Grondin secured the win and I look forward to the next round.

The Northern Scot Sport

End Of Season, Begining Of the new Wave!

Well it cam down to almost the final game for Elgin City, were they going to be the wooden spoon team of Scotland or were they really better than that. Only the results would tell.

Elgin 1-0 Dumbarton

THE result that lifts us into 9th place, Manager Simon Lynn working mircles with the team to string results together and get up a good home form. Super Alex (harry) Potter with the winner.

Elgin 1-0 Morton

Typical end of season gam in which all we were out to do was make sure we didnt lose. Craig Wilson whose season was plagued with injury got the only goal of the game as Elgin look to next season and the building of a better team.

SUMMER SIGNING FRENZY

A few players were brought into the club as we rebuilt for the season ahead.

Transfers In:

D.Miller - Airdrie

Haflioason - Morton

P.Kane - Queens Park

K.Myles - Albion R

A-Parker - Stirling

A.Goram - E.Stirling

B.Prunty -(Loan)- Celtic

Transfers Out

P. Baffoni (Asst Manager) - E.Stirling

All we need now is to look forward to the new season and the only way is up! hopefully!

Sy

Hola

I'm back from taking a break in the sunny climes of Mull icon_smile.gif Where the gf enjoyed the fresh seafood and also learned why the midges make outdoor sex round here a sordid fetish rather than a change of scenery icon_biggrin.gif

I know been a while since I posted all I can say is Rosco has done a superb fecking joab of keeping this game going in light of what I've read. I'm also concerned that with all this roleplaying rosco's doing (dr's and daleks and living in a castle) on this forum that his missus must be a thespian or summit for that once a year occassion when he leaves the keyboard and comes to the master bedroom.

Doggy you know your little boy could wipe the floor with retardo don't gie him more spotlight than he's trying to get already and mod him out.

Stevie bod, I'm having a bit of trauma these days, you see my local barber made a right half erse effort of my hair and when I look in the mirror it reminds me of your do. Champion on your promotion to div 1 though and quit it with this pessimist guff at the start of each season, there's playing it down and then there's doing a chic young :p

I've got one big honest comment to make, I love everyone's posts but ally shaws I just cannae read em. All them paragraphs and no pictures :p I cannae even tell what your results have been. Remember most of us learned to read by watching sportscene on saturday's at 4:45 :p

Anyway I'm off to edinburrrrr this weekend to see what this fringe festival is aboot.

Champion stuff once again.

L8r's Sunday8pm

As much as I'd love to be 'testing' the online game with yah I think I'm gonna wait till the boys at SI gie us a lovely finished product that they want to gie us.

I'm naw gonna criticise them as a few of their boys are working their nutz off dealing with the serious want to fixers and the eejits who just wanna bash em cause they were dumb enough to pay for a product they aren't satisfied with and naw to of got their money back.

Anyhoos I'm sounding like a stuck record on the matter, I may be moving to canada in december too(ottawa) so I wouldnae know if I'd be in a position to commit :p

The clan is a diamond in the rough of this board though and I'll always luv it and I have to thank stevie bod for sending me this way in the first place icon_biggrin.gif

If you ever get nostalgiac and decide to host a cm 01/02 game count me in host connectivity permitting (I've always had a harsh time connecting to doggy's system and I never know why.)

L8r's Sunday8pm

SUCCESS!

Sorted oot this wee software bug thats resulted in me being offline since "The Beast" arrived in the hoose (and im no talking about Mrs Grizzly either).

The brand new 3.06Ghz Pentium 4 wi 1Gig DDR and a 120GB 7200 RPM HD is now up and running , and ready to give Division 1 a good old fashioned kick up the nineties.

Grizzly , youll be aware noo that i sport a quite blatant #2 haircut. I look like Alan Archibald , but i can hit a ball in a straight line. If your sorry wee Renfrewshire arse has got a haircut, im bloody amazed. I didnt think they had a proper barbers out on Mull. Judging by yer standard quiff , i always assumed yer maw did it with scissors and a pudding bowl whenever ye visited her.

And whit are you talking aboot Pessimism. Christ , Doggy's been playing himself doon since the moment he got a board account. Howabout telling the Dogmeister its about time he acknowledged that his team is hotter than a Cristiano Ronaldo 40 yard run.

Im off noo to scout Serie C2A and C2B .... the Albion revival must go on!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

LOL paul ya cheeky Rascal!

Your welcome back any time bud. Its a sad day when Bod owns the bloody world...We could do wae some o your fruity banter icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to confess Rosco , i honestly cannot work out how you can sign nearly 90 players in 3 years, and still get made to look like a prize turkey by "Lesser Mortals"

Mibbe the concept of fielding a settled team and allowing them to Bed in might one day take a hold of ye and allow you a run on the D3 title. Its wide open this year by the looks of it .... and from an Albion point of view, good luck tae everyone except those Blackneck Airdrieonians! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Welcome on board John, I hope you can make the diamonds sparkle again and sort out the hooligan problem at your club! icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Airdrie have got a Holligan problem? ... Just ban the wee nyaff fae the ground.

Oh , wait .... Hooligan .... Holligan ... same thing though , Innit?

Archived