The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

The Spiders Web

Just a short review this week due to other on going commitments regarding possible transfers.

The sessions started off in bad circumstances as we travelled to take on title faves Stirling in a game we got trounched from pillar to post in a 5 star 6 goal performance.

Stirling 6 - 0 Queens Park

We took on East Stirling and some amuterish defending cost us dear in a good all round performance from the home side

East Stirling 2 - 0 Queens Park

Hampden park was the venue and Cowdenbeath were the oppenants as we looked to put the last two results behind us and that we did as single goals from Eddie annand and Jon Cullen secured the points.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Cowdenbeath

Scottish Cup business as we travelled to Gretna unfortunatly our cup dream died as a Lau inspired Gretna did the business.

Gretna 3 - 1 Queens Park

A run of home league games saw us take 9 points from 9 and keep our 100% home record first up were East Fife as a brace from Eddie Annand and a single Porhallsson secured victory

Queens Park 3 - 0 East Fife

Morton came to Hampden hoping to put a dent in our sails but is wasn't to be as Eddie Annand hit a hat-trick and Justin Georcelin put the 3 points on the board.

Queens Park 4 - 0 Morton

Gretna were next up as we looked to avenge our cup defeat and that we did as Justin Georcelin hit the back of the net in his first start of the season and Johann Porhallsson hit a brace.

Queens Park 3 - 0 Grenta

In other news we secured the transfers of Paul Kane and Michael Atai from East Stirling for £6k combined, Paul will add valuble experince to the Queens Park midfield as we look to push for promotion and another new Signing from Oslo Ost is none other than Yassir Bashir who arrives on a free.

Gary Toner

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back at home and looking to avenge Dumbartons 9-0 mauling in our previous encounter. We took the points but had to be content with just the 1 goal through Gordon Gilbert. I'll the other 8 next time!

Montrose are looking close to catching Ally's Stirling but if I could beat them at Links Park then that would pull them right back into the chase. I went out to defend but got the odd chance. Montrose took the lead after eventually beating the in form Butter. A attacking sub gave the Fifers many chances but we just couldn't convert any of the 4 one on ones we got as the Montrose goalie performed heroics that deserved to win the game. Going to have to do some catching up to get promotion now which is a shame.

At home to strugglers Elgin was a good chance to get some goals in the bank and fix that GD. Kenny Deuchar managed to score a goal with his feet, and a raker at that. 25 yarder straight in the top corner. Clarkson got the header from the corner and then Kenny rounded off a nice move to bag a brace. Simple 3-0 victory.

Away to leaders Stirling is always difficult and once again we fell down to a 1-0 defeat. Just one goal is not bad obviously but that is a fair few games where we have come so close to clean sheets.

Umm well we were coming close to away clean sheets but erm Queens Park kind of stopped that trend with a 3-0 humping which seen Kenny Deuchar damage his cruciate ligaments that will keep him out for 10 months. Oh dear.

Home at last. Could we get a winner despite losing Deuchar and the drop in form? Grondin's 35 yard thunderstrike suggested so! McLean followed it up with his first goal before beath got a jammy pen.

Last game of the session AWAY to Rosco's East Stirling. As per usual with away games we are out played. East Stirling did play very well with new signing David Hannah running the game but i'm sure we will take them at New bayview once more. Gordon Love got his first goal of the season for us from a James Nairn corner.

8 points of 2nd half way into the season. Still in there!

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 14th July 2003

Dear Supporters,

Some recent bad weather has played havoc with our fixtures, letting us play just two games recently.

The Tennent’s Scottish Cup 2nd Round replay against Hamilton dangled the carrot of cup finance and prestige before us, with a game at Inverness Caledonian Thistle awaiting the victors. Hamilton are a side we know well, having played the 2nd Division side a couple of times in cup outings before, however injuries to Greilich, Scott, Holloway, Kyle, Miller and Lennon forced me to utilize the depth of our squad to bring in replacements.

We got off to a poor start, when Armstrong’s offside goal was allowed to stand, giving the visitors and early lead. However Clague managed to knock the ball over the line for an equaliser just after half time, with neither side able to gain an advantage as we entered extra time. With penalties looming, the sending off of Hamilton’s Morgan gave us a physical advantage over an already tired side and Clague swooped again on 117 minutes to book our passage into the next round.

Stewart Robertson’s Cowdenbeath have provided us with stiff opposition in the previous encounters this season, and with an already depleted side still nursing wounds from the labours of midweek extra time, I have to confess that I would have settled for a point at Central Park. Sullivan raced away to lob Smith and give our hosts an early advantage and me a headache, but Deane's equaliser provided the perfect tonic to cure the blues before again heading home at the near post to give us a 2-1 lead over the Blue Brazil. I was still aching for another goal to kill off any hopes of a comeback and Clague delivered it by chasing the ball and firing past the keeper. The 4-1 win was crowned by a majestic cross from Stephen Wright for Clague to lance the ball into the net. It was a wonderful win from a very difficult fixture and it was testimony to my players that they battled back from a goal down to win with such conviction, even after their midweek endeavours.

The result made it our 7th league win on the trot and with such red hot form; we are in an excellent position to secure promotion this year.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Guest sav112

Scottish cup second round at home to East Stirling: this was always going to be a hard game with East Stirling going in favourites for this win.

Due to a bus crash we will call it we lost a game we really should have won (turps) so out of the cup we go. Roll on EP5

Elgin City H

A game we started well but lost to some poor defending. 0-1. The only comment is that the injuries are clearing up a bit although the frontline has been changed every game. MOM Craig Strachan was our only high point.

Stirling H

We were not looking forward to the visit of Stirling as they are the form team and league leaders. We took the lead and lost a goal then an injury that was not replaced made it an easy game to lose the manager Stewart has to be blamed for not taking off the player. 1-4

Thoughts of manager Stewart Robertson.

“ It been a poor few months and hopefully we can turn things around and climb the table once more. The players low moral seems to be letting us down so a win will be a new start. It has to be said that the Stirling game loss was partly my fault by leaving a player injured and playing with 10 men for most of the match.â€

( I hate that confirm button that I always forget to press)

sav

Roll on EP5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

Another game night and still no posts by dogs!!!

has his misses cut back on his computer time now hes a family man????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ric you were booted out this clan because

A) You were shít

B) You were simply a Fud.

dont waste your time with comments about my posting exploits as its got nothing to do with you at all.

You had your chance you blew it, now stop being a sheep and go and do your own thing if you cant post decent stuff on this thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meaow!!

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Go dogs its your birthday!!!

Dogs is in the fightin mood, Get your warpaint on guys!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

hey dogs can you not taken a bit of a joke????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya i can take a joke,

The first post taking the **** is ok, 2 3 posts later it gets a bit repetitive. Anyway i'm not going to continue humouring this silly argument on here, you know my msn.

Links Park News

We caught up with Montrose gaffer Sandy Thomson to ask him how it feels a year into the job of transforming the Gable Endies into genuine promotion contenders.

Obviously I'm delighted with the progress my team has made in such a short space of time. We finished last season 9th and big changes were required in order to challenge the big guns in the division. At the moment we are sitting in 3rd in the league with a league cup quarter final under our belts. If the lads perform for the remainder of the season we could be there or thereabouts come the final day.

Asked about recent results Sandy had this to say,

Two disappointing results come to mind, the recent 1-0 loss away to leaders Stirling and the 2-0 defeat in our last game against our main rivals for second spot Queens Park. These are games that we cannot afford to lose and the lads are all looking forward to welcoming these teams to Links. The Scottish Cup win at home to East Fife takes us into the third round and another home game against Queen of the South and that is a game I am sure all the fans are excited about. At home we are capable of beating almost anyone but its the away games where we must start to pick up the 3 points. I am also very disappointed with our season long loan signing Stephen Carson and we could well be releasing him from his contract unless he starts playing like we all know he can.

Sandy added that he hoped freshen up the squad during the transfer window and bring in an attacking midfielder as soon as possible.

GameHeader.jpg

### IMPORTANT GAME ANNOUNCEMENT ###

We will attempt tonight to get the game going after all the 'crash'problems of the last few sessions will everyone re-install CM4 and patch with EP3 (With DATA) from HERE!I was gonna put the patch on the webby but its too big and i dont have the space.If anyone wants the patch i can ICQ it to u. U can get ICQ from HERE!. Hopefully every one can get this done by 8pm. If we are still getting the same constant crashes then a postponement till EP5 looks probable. Cya all tonight *fingers crossed* for a smooth night.

Also been testing the last save files this afternoon and it now appears we may have a courrut save which has ****ed all the saves after. I am loading each previous save to find a healthy save. If this is the cause of the problems we just simply discard the last few games and weeks of netgame and replay from the healthy save. I'll know its a health save as it will chug thru in holiday mode with out any problems past the days it is crashing.I'll be on from 7pm tonight so do yer re installs and repatching asap , because if we get sorted we have some catching up 2 do......

Rosco

ELGIN EVENING NEWS: Match Reports

ELGIN CITY vs STRANRAER

This game was to end in controversy but there was no doubt that new City signings Bjarnason, the big Icelandic stopper nick-named Barney by the black and white support, and Casper are a big hit.

Elgin boss Etherington set his squad out with the new traditional sweeper system. Casper played the sweeper role with Hind and Barney sitting in front. The team does look defensive but with the pace of the City attackers any chances that are created are pounced upon.

With the visit of Stranraer for the second round of the Scottish cup and Barney's debut there was a real buzz about the place. Elgin started very brightly and created some early chances for Bailey but the lead eventually came in the 12th minute with Bailey breaking away towards the Stranraer goal before flicking a perfect pass to the feet of Myles who smashed the ball into the empty net. Elgin were continuing to press and Stranraer looked as though they were still on the team bus. Then in the 30th minute a cracking 25-yard drive from Crawford soared into the roof of the net leaving Pirie helpless.

Half Time: Elgin 1 Stranraer 1

The second half began like the first with the black and whites pummelling the Stranraer defence until they must have felt like they were black and blue! Once again Bailey was the thorn in their side and with some excellent through balls from Rattray chance after chance was coming Elgin's way. Bailey broke away in the 63rd minute and, again, picked a perfect pass to Myles who stroked the ball home to give Elgin the lead. However with only 15 minutes later Paul Kane thought he had equalised was a low drive inside the area, however referee Mitchell ruled this one out for offside, to the relief of Murray and his back room team. For the final 15mins Elgin retreated into their shell and Chris Love was everywhere snuffing out chance after chance.

Final Score: Elgin 2 Stranraer 1

At the end of the game the game crashed so the result of Elgin 2 Stranraer 1 was wiped and the match was replayed on holiday mode. Fortunately for the City faithful the final result was Elgin 2 Stranraer 0 with Myles getting both goals again. The draw for the Third Round was also made and Elgin are drawn against Dundee Utd at Borrough Briggs.

ELGIN CITY vs COWDENBEATH

Back to league business and the visit of Sav's Cowedenbeath who were hoping for revenge after the first game was won by Elgin in controversial circumstances.

Murray stuck with the same side that had performed so well in the Scottish Cup. The game started slowly with Elgin sitting deep and Cowden following suit, the best chance of the first 45 was a long drive from Baillie of Cowdenbeath that Pirie tipped over the top.

Half Time: Elgin 0 Cowdenbeath 0

The second half also was not particularly exciting so on the 56th minute City boss decided to change some things. Myles, who had looked a bit sluggish, was replaced with Benjamin and Robb, who was not having his best game in the middle of the park, was substituted with Bremner. These changes seemed to do the trick as Elgin were awoken from their slumber and it was a quick breakaway from the impressive Benjamin that created the best chance of the game. He picked up a nice floated through ball by Rattray and bore down on the keeper. His initial shot was well stopped by the keeper but Bailey was on hand to knock the rebound home. On the 74th minute Sav tried to grab an equaliser but the substitutions nearly resulted in goal, but for Elgin! Benjamin, again, broke away but blazed the ball over.

Throughout the game Rattray and Bailey both looked exciting and Benjamin made a real difference when he came on. However, Robb flattered to deceive and Myles looked jaded.

Final Score: Elgin 1 Cowdenbeath 0

Some positive news came out of this Match with the black and whites moving up from 9th in the table to a much more respectable 7th. Elgin boss Etherington also took some time out to praise Alan Bailey's recent performances saying "Alan has had a great run of form recently with some impressive displays. His goal scoring has been much needed as has his set up play." Bailey then responded in the Northern Scot thanking the boss and also stating his desire to continue on this good run and hopefully improve. The final piece of news to come from the depths of Borrough Briggs was that Myles was signed on a permanent deal from Albion Rovers for £3k and a sell on fee.

EAST STIRLING vs ELGIN CITY

After a couple of impressive performances Murray took his boys down to Firs Park to face the mighty East Stirling, the only team in Scotland that needs 3 coaches to take it's squad to away matches. It was anticipated that Elgin would have a difficult match against a team riding high in the league and so it was to prove.

The game started with East Stirling in possession and creating some good chances. Pirie had to be on top form to prevent Snee from opening the scoring inside 10 minutes. However, it was another characteristic Elgin break that result in Love playing a good ball in behind the Eastenders defence to Bailey who deftly lobbed the keeper to score his 10th of the season after only 11 minutes. Only a couple of minutes later and referee Scott decided to penalise Barney for an innocuous looking challenge in the area with a penalty. Murray had to be restrained on the touchline while Turps sniggered with delight. Osman stepped up and drilled the ball down the middle but Pirie stood tall and saved the effort. This only served to drive Turps boys on and Cooper had 2 excellent attempts saved by the in form Pirie. The half-time whistle could not come soon enough for the overworked Elgin defence.

Half Time: East Stirling 0 Elgin 1

The second half began in much a similar vein with Hannah coming the closest with an excellent curling free kick from about 25 yards that struck the left hand post and bounced to safety. He then had another effort that Pirie touched wide. the on the 67th minute Benjamin broke away and the keeper made an outstanding save that put the ball out for a throw in down at the corner flag. The throw in was hurled into the box and was flicked on by Bailey to the back post where Benjamin was waiting to smash the ball into the net. Turps could only look on in astonishment as his side that had dominated the match so much had nothing to show for it. The smash and grab tactics employed by the black and whites had worked so successfully and with Casper, Barney and Hind the powder puff side of the defence seems to have disappeared.

Final Score: East Stirling 0 Elgin 2

The Spiders Web

We went to The Rock to take on Dumbarton looking for our first away win of the season and a returning Steven McAdam made that happen with a impressive display which was made so much better when he fired home the opener and set up the winner for Johann Porhallsson to take all 3 points.

Dumbarton 1 - 2 Queens Park

Back at Hampden and we were getting ready to take on 3rd place Montrose in a game we hoped would put 5 points between ourselfs and Montrose, Eddie Annand stepped up cooly to slot home a penalty in what was the opening goal and on the hour mark Annand was once again the goalscorer as he finished off a wonderful move and at that point is was game set and match for the home side.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Montrose

As we sit five points clear in second place we can't afford to get complacent in our promotion run there is still plenty of games to go and plenty of points to be won and lost.

Gary Toner

hi GUYS

sorry i never nipped in tonight i was on a one off late night at work as someone wanted to go and see blue at crathis castle.

How did the session go?? Did the reinstall work and TURPS how far back with the save games did you have to go??

Cheers guys see you all on Monday

SY icon_biggrin.gif

Apology

Hi Guys,

I am sorry I could not get on tonight, I had a bit of an emergency and I am on back in now. I had to get away sharp so I could not even email you Rosco to let you know. Sorry lads - will give you an update on Monday.

How did the game go? Did we have to start from a long way back and where there many crashes?

Murray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DundeeBhoy:

_Apology_

Hi Guys,

I am sorry I could not get on tonight, I had a bit of an emergency and I am on back in now. I had to get away sharp so I could not even email you Rosco to let you know. Sorry lads - will give you an update on Monday.

How did the game go? Did we have to start from a long way back and where there many crashes?

Murray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have returned to late October abot 10 games into the league. We only had 1 crash last night and it was at the very end of the night. We did manage to get a few games in and the table is now looking quite different.

And I hate Rangers the cheating ref paying barstewards that they are.....more to follow.

GameHeader.jpg

### The Scottish Clan Back to Fight Another Day ###

Frustrated but relieved, that was the general feeling last night as our scottish Clan llm Netgame was saved from the brink of collapse. The last few sessions had been fraught with crashes and varies theories as to what was the cause were flying about. Personally i think we had probs the night the guys installed/ re installed EP4/3 and corrupt save was made infecting all previous saves. After over a dozen attempts to find a healthy save from the last 2 sessions which had failed, the last option was to boot a save from the last thursday in june which from memory had gone very smoothly. That save was loaded and played in holiday mode well past the dodgy crash dates, so fingers crossed it would be flawless and play smooth and it did! On the downside we had lost about 3 session and many good results in the process. Over 2 months of clan game were lost which was very annoying but for the sake of continuing our game it was a price worth playing as the gameplay and smooth server were back. Some things never changed tho and slow play dogged the session as the guys tried to retrace their footsteps of previous sessions and make the same transfers which was understandable. On the whole I am pleased we have continued and not thrown the towel in, as too much blood, sweat and tears have went in to the game so far, and starting these projects is a total pain. If we can make good progress on Monday and replay the lost data without any crashes then we are deffo back on track stronger and better. I'd like to thank all the guys for their patience especially as I made a few mistakes as well. Loading the wrong save at the start? and quitting by accident at the end last night was amatuerish if not unforgivable, but i had been on the puta for over 12 hours either hosting or testing the old saves drinking 2 bottles of wine in the process....from one headache to another lol!

Rosco

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Loading the wrong save at the start? and quitting by accident at the end last night was amatuerish if not unforgivable, but i had been on the puta for over 12 hours either hosting or testing the old saves drinking 2 bottles of wine in the process....from one headache to another lol!

Rosco<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said you were forgiven?

lol indeed icon_wink.gif

Well my entry into the clan may have4 been set back but i think i speak for most of us when i say, Thanks F@ck the crashes have been sorted!!

See you monday

CHUG CHUG CHUG!

Sy

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 14th July 2003

Dear Supporters,

Recent events in the league have forced us to replay a number of fixtures. A formal letter of complaint has been written to the proper authorities *cough* Sports Interactive, but it looks like we are simply going to give everyone a good spanking again.

We returned with an away fixture at Elgin City, a tricky tie, especially with Kyle, Greilich and Petric out for a few weeks. Some woeful defending from us let Whitmarsh sneak in and punish us, but an inspired tactical switch at half time was the catalyst for a comeback. Taking Maxwell out of defence and bringing on Brian Deane allowed me to shuffle positions, and with the titanic (no, not because they are always going down) strike force of Clague and Deane in attack, we set about giving the Elgin defence a beating. Indeed, just seconds after the restart Clague pulled us level and later Deane was to show what a clever tactical switch his inclusion was by bagging us a winner to send us back down the road with another three points.

You’re never quite sure what to expect with Pete Abraham’s Morton, but as always we welcomed them with the hope of securing another win. Abraham had clearly got his defence organised, but there was nothing that could be done to stop Danny Lennon finding the net with a thundering shot through a crowd of players. Clague notched up a second goal with a bullet header and we were never in any danger of anything less than a victory as Morton were unable to create a single attack on our goal. Much to my delight, the three points extended our cushion at the top to ten points.

It was then the turn of Stewart Robertson’s Cowdenbeath to pay us a visit, another side that have caused us problems this season so I was looking forward to putting one over the manager of the month and showing just who the top boss is. Surprisingly, it was Stephen Wright who opened the scoring with a real poacher’s goal from a corner. Clague doubled our advantage with another, but Strachan’s finish to make things 2-1 left me with some concern at half time. Another goal for us would surely kill Robertson’s side off and when the Cowdenbeath keeper came flying out of his box, Nicholas was able to finish the contest by slotting home from the edge of the area,

With our extensive lead and top class squad, we can only throw the league title away. Rival managers must fear any fixtures against Stirling and the manager who really is The Daddy of the league. To the rest of the gaffers I ask this, “Where’s yer f***ing tool?â€

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

Rival managers must fear any fixtures against Stirling and the manager who really is The Daddy of the league. To the rest of the gaffers I ask this, _“Where’s yer f***ing tool?â€_

r_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladies and gentlemen put yer hands together for STANLEY!U want ur spanking now?

A time slip sent all of us back in time a couple of months, Much to the delight of Ton Gaffer Pete Abraham. We unluckly lost a few games before we all took a ride in the delorian.

First we managed to secure the services of Experianced left back Anton Rogan who started out as a substitute against Gretna.

B]Gretna[/b] seemed to of got there tactics better of late and showed good defencive skills despite relentless pressure from Tons out of form strikers. Hand scored a nice goal in the first half to give the visiting side the lead. To Mortons credit, they put in a great shift and shot at elgins goal multiple times but did not have the skill to finish the display of with a goal. Eventually, however, Dodgeon was found in the wrong position and deflected a Boylan shot into his own net to give Morton a 1-1 draw. williams will be fit to play in a couple of weeks, and if this game is anything to go by then he will be much welcomed back.

A trip to stirling fallowed and Pete decided that Defencive action is the only way to go for this game. In the first place Tons defence played fantastically and never aloud Stirling to get a decent shot in. However, after lennon scored a freak goal, early in the second half, Abraham changed his tactics to his prefered 442 and played more tactically. However, Thanks to CM4's diabolical bug problems, the game seemed to change the tactics back to defencive after 10 minutes of play and I did not notice this till about 10 minutes to go. I was not amused. Stirling hit man clague scored the home teams second to finish us of . Stirling 2 Morton 0

Confident giant killers, East fife came to Cappilow with the Midweek Rangers game in there minds and were cuaght of guard 5 times as The Ton ran riot in the Fifers own half and as result should of been a more condeming result for the visitors. As it stood Morton won 5-0 thanks to a hat trick by Boylan and 2 by Super Sub Sviensson.

Although this good score was good for Tons suffering fans, they were saddened by the news that experianced defender Burrows will be out for 10 months and is considering retirment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Confident giant killers, East fife came to Cappilow with the Midweek Rangers game in there minds and were cuaght of guard 5 times as The Ton ran riot in the Fifers own half and as result should of been a more condeming result for the visitors. As it stood Morton won 5-0 thanks to a hat trick by Boylan and 2 by Super Sub Sviensson.

Although this good score was good for Tons suffering fans, they were saddened by the news that experianced defender Burrows will be out for 10 months and is considering retirment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you'll find it was 5-1 there pedro after a scoring goal top corner goal made it 1 0 fifers.

KRYTEN: I've never seen one before -- no one has -- but I'm guessing it's

a white hole.

RIMMER: A _white_ hole?

KRYTEN: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole

sucks time and matter out of the universe: a white hole returns it.

LISTER: (Minus the hat.) So, that thing's spewing time back into the

universe? (He dons his fur-lined hat, again.)

KRYTEN: Precisely. That's why we're experiencing these curious time

phenomena on board.

LISTER: What time phenomena?

KRYTEN: Like just then, when time repeated itself.

KRYTEN: I think we've experienced this period of time before, Sir.

CAT: Only joking.

KRYTEN: And that one. Since we're no longer affected by the laws of

causality, we can override these time jumps if we concentrate.

Well once the effects of the white hole were finally sorted out we found ourselves in October, those 13 games were merely a dream. The good thing is that my Gretna tactics have now been sorted earlier, the bad thing is that I am back in 10th.

We managed 3 games during the session and although we failed to win any the closeness of the results suggest that a far more competitive Gretna aren ow in operation.

Morton 1 Gretna 1

Gretna 0 East Fife 0

Dumbarton 1 Gretna 0

So lets keep the concentration up and hope that no more White Hole's exist in the CM4 Universe.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Although this good score was good for Tons suffering fans, they were saddened by the news that experianced defender Burrows will be out for 10 months and is considering retirment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you'll find it was 5-1 there pedro after a scoring goal top corner goal made it 1 0 fifers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL thats right.

5-1 was the score against the mighty fifers

Guest sav112

Aaa the old Red dwarf, I just got the first and second series on DVD the other month. Fantastic stuff, watched the whole lot and they still are brilliantly funny.

Lets just call the lost games

“A non-event mass with the quantum probability of zeroâ€

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

“A non-event mass with the quantum probability of zeroâ€

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smoke me kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

icon_cool.gif

HI Guys

Just a quick note to say i wont be in by on monday as im off to engerland to take back what is rightfully ours.

Ill be back for thursday so ill nip in by and see how far the sessions are movin on.

Cheers and remember CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!!

SY icon_cool.gif

Gents,

I'll be on a bit later than usual tonight (between 9 and 10) as I'm going to watch the clash of two footballing titans - Rob Roy and Partick Thistle icon_biggrin.gif

Al

Rob Roy eh Ally, you know just how dangerous they are don't you icon_biggrin.gif

What was that website with the table tennis again guys i'm at work and the boss is out.

P.S. I still hate Rangers and East Fife could breeze into the Champions League Quarter Finals.

The Spiders Web

We get a feeling of deja vu in the session as we find ourselfs knocked back to 3 months in the past, Being forced to replay games already won or lost and things weren't looking good as we travelled to New Bayview.

Our away form has been the subject of many press reports recently and it was easy too see why as a rampant East Fife side inspired by the enigmatic Kenny Deucher who bagged a brace in a 4 goal romp.

East Fife 4 - 0 Queens Park

Back at Hampden and in a an affair that promosed alot but failed to deliver as we took on Dumbarton in a stalemate, boring boring were the cries and i found myself nodding off towards the end of the game all in all a point a piece is about right.

Queens Park 0 - 0 Dumbarton

We were on the road again and our away form was starting to become ridiculed and as we took to the field at Links Park to take on Montrose, Eddie Annand fired in a few shots early on to signal our intentions but it wasn't to be untill the 56th minute that the only goal was scored by none other than Eddie Annand giving us a vital away win which we will be looking to build on in the future.

Montrose 0 - 1 Queens Park

After the 3 games is we find we are sitting in 3rd place by goal difference and it's good to see that so far the zap to the past hasn't really effected the team.

Gary Toner

No Gary you are quite correct on the 4-0 rout.

Re Re Re Re REWIND

Replaying matches is never fun but I somehow found myself chortling away heartidly as some of my results came through. We restarted with a home game to high flying Queens Park. I was confident my home advantage would prevail and it didn't half as we bagged 4 goals. They may not have been the best, they may have been extremely irratating to Gary Toner but they have come to be what you expect when you come to New Bayview. The goals came from Clarkson, Gilbert (pen) and that man Deuchar grabbed 2.

So League cup action and a 2nd crack at SPL boys Dunfermline. There were 5 injuries in this game 3 for the pars and 2 for us as it was a very fast and frantic game that brought out the best of both midfields. Gordon Gilbert gave us a shock lead before a Gary Dempsey double shot our Fife rivals ahead going into half time. Astonishingly Kenny Deuchar equalised to send the East Fife fans wild and we held on this time right through to full time. Extra time really should have seen the fitter premier team come out on top but somehow the lads held on and it was down to penalties. Ex jambo Jim Hamilton and Mark McCulloch both missed for Dunfermline so we ripped the **** out of them by letting captain coreagous our goalie Jim Butter even take a penalty which he scored. Lee, McLean and MacMillan all stroked the ball home to send us into a glamour tie at home to Rangers.

I would love to say that we built on our great start to the session but as per norm it didin't happen like that. A away game to Jim's Gretna would usually present a great chance for 3 points but now that Jim seems to have got a little understanding of football management he got his players to stand in front of the goal line and protect the 1 point they started with.

Away to Petes struggling Morton however was not one I expected to win especially as I decided to rest some players for the Rangers game. We took the lead through a own goal so bizarre you would have to see it to believe it and then folded. Morton deserved the points only perhaps not in the 5-1 drubbing that was the result.

Rangers. lets face it unless you are a Rangers fan or disguise yourself as a Jambo we hate them. They are the **** of Scottish Football, along with their ugly sister Celtic they think they are Scottish Football, they would not even know East Fife existed had they not drawn them in the cup. So when Rangers came visiting along with their BBC press I was asked to do something to make myself look like a pratt so that everyone would find my wee club cute and cuddly. "But I don't have a dufflecoat" I insisted to Chick. "Well heres £10 buy one" he replied. I was determined not to give in to the media but they seized on the fact that I ate a kebab and garlic bread while in the dugout as my "thing".

It took 38 minutes for Rangers to break down my 4-3-3 system and go 1-0 up, in this league cup quarter final, and it was Arveladze that got the goal on the counter attack. While everyone asked how many I urged Martyn Lee to feed some high balls into Kenny D. On the stroke of half time Lee decided to curl a magnificent free kick beyond the best goalie in Scotland (who had already made some wonder saves) and put us at 1-1 going into half time. Magic, get it right up you. Unfortunatly we had to play another 45 minutes which clearly gave Rangers enough time to smuggle a wad of twenties into the refs pocket. Rangers score a goal so offside even Zaire would understand what was wrong that the ref allows and then wraps it up by giving them the typical penalty. 4 shots on target shows we didn't sit back, Steffen Klos getting a 8/10 shows we had him in bother and finally 23 free kicks show Rangers are dirty b*stards.

Home to Dumbarton looking to avenge the 9-0 humping once more, not that we are bitter or anything. Kenny D got us ahead nice and early and then had another 6 shots on target with only 1 more hitting the net. That however was something Dumbarton could not do and we walked away with 3 points and 4th place.

Montrose are a very tricky side to play against but the 5 across the middle seemed to do the job as we frustrated them all day. Lee whipped in a cross ball and the ref spotted something in the box and gave the pen which Lee duly converted and somehow we found ourselves 1-0 up. We pushed on and were unlucky not to add to it. A tactical swirtch by Sandy so Steve Kerrigan finish with a excellent header in 89mins to share the points. Fair enough.

Home to bottom side Elgin with manager on holiday should be a stroll in the park. Well us at East Fife like to make a challenge of things and we thought we will play this game and try to walk the ball into the net. I admit our goals tend to come from the errors of other teams or the wonder left peg of Martyn Lee. Elgin were not slipping up and it took a freak bounce inside the box for the ball to break to Kenny D who slammed it home for 4 yards. 1-0.

As the wee Fifers lined up against the big time Stirling Albion players there was a sense of something magical about to happen at Forthbank that day. Did I say magical sorry I meant sh*te. East Fife defended like they have never defended before which showed up Karl Ready as a p*sh Stirling reject and Calvin Shand as nothing more than a youth player. But the players with the graft the Halls the Edwards the Donaldsons the Grondins the Nairns turned up and showed how a sh*te game should be played as the irrated Stirling to the very soul. Stirling were so bored they almost slipped up as both Duechar and Clarkson broke clear before making total erses of themselves. 0-0 however is a fine result and hopefully the Queens Park game will be sh*te too.

The Queens Park game was not sh*te in fact it was very good entertainment, I hate that. QP ripped through our "iron curtain" and scored 2 goals in the first half. The only chance we had came when QP were reduced to 10 men but even then we couldn't create good enough chances. QP are looking very good for 2nd but we will keep plugging away you can be sure of that.

Guest sav112

The Blue Brazil

Morton H 3-1

A fantastic home win and exceptional play by Iian Mauchlen with his hat trick and MoM. The three points were very important with the league being so close. The only disappointment was the missed penalty by Lakie and at the time 2-1 it should have ended it for the visitors. Manager Stewart was a very happy man and looked proud at the dug out and gave Lakie a cheeky slap for the missed penalty.

East Stirling H 4-0

A wonderful performance with a 4-0 win. Another hat trick from knox who is on fire and Iain made it 4. Manager Stewart Robertson was seen surprised, as most of his first team were injured in this game but the lads coming in did a fantastic job.. Knox was rightly named MoM.

Gretna 0-0

Most of the defence was lost to injury for this one and it was a fair result with Colin Waugh holding the mid field and two new central defenders drafted in one from the reserve squad, Barry Quinn only 19 and he played well for his first game only losing the ball once in which the other team had a good chance but missed. This game was all about getting something and the point was a reward for hard work by the lads filling in. at this stage most of the first team were injured.

Queens park A 5-0

With most of the first team out injured and as expected by the manager it was a goal route 5-0 nothing more to say about this but managers Stewart Robertson Commented he was annoyed with his teams injuries and would be consulting his assistant manager and wished he could have made a game of it. (sorry gaz)

Albion Rovers A 5-0 CUP GAME

This was as expected a route, some of the first team were returning and were not risked for the cup that was handled by the assistant and playing the unusual 442 formation. Only a slight nock was picked up and when Manager Robertson who was spotted out side a lap dancing club that very day at the time of the match returned to club business he was happy no more casualties had been added to his list. It has to be said Albion are a fine organised team I we wish them luck in the cup.

Montrose H 3-0

with courts being sent off in 14 min and 2-0 at the time Cowden looked in trouble but a missed pen by McConalogue saved the day and with Knox netting the third in the 71 the game was won. The 76 minutes played with ten men proved how well the team can perform when organised and you could see manager Robertson shouting on them to hold the ball and not give it away and his very defensive stance after the sending off worked better than probably he would even emit.

Sav.

Haha! Well done keeping the Scottish Clan alive into CM4! icon_cool.gif

Is it as fun as CM3 (CM 01-02)?

Seems you lost all the Continental Players, eh? icon_wink.gif

I haven't had time to read the whole thread but i will try to get up to speed with what you guys have been up to!

Rob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abe Lenstra:

I haven't had time to read the whole thread but i will try to get up to speed with what you guys have been up to!

Rob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prima klootzak!

Schottland Jorgens is de beste clan van de wereld. Wat doet een leuke jongen als jij nou in een tent als deze? "Rekent u per uur, of per centimeter?".. Ik heb een ambulance nodig, er zijn overal spinnen en ik ben heel erg bang.....Ik heb mezelf lichtelijk bevuild, kunt u een taxi voor mij bestellen?

tot zeins icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abe Lenstra:

Rob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prima klootzak!

Schottland Jorgens is de beste clan van de wereld. Wat doet een leuke jongen als jij nou in een tent als deze? "Rekent u per uur, of per centimeter?".. Ik heb een ambulance nodig, er zijn overal spinnen en ik ben heel erg bang.....Ik heb mezelf lichtelijk bevuild, kunt u een taxi voor mij bestellen?

tot zeins icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No speaking Bishoptonian, ya dillweed!

Gable Endies News

Gretna 5 - 0 Montrose

Possibly one of the worst results of my Champ Man career and easily the most embarrasing. Lining up in an experimental sweeper system against the league whipping boys didnt seem too much of a gamble but it was a disaster. 7 minutes gone and star man sweeper David Jack is sent off and it was all downhill from there. One to forget as we held on to a 5-0 thrashing.

Montrose 1 - 1 East Fife

A tough home match as the experimental sweeper system was dumped in favour of a more orthodox 4-4-2. Stevie Kerrigan popped up with mins to spare and helped Montrose snatch a deserved draw.

Morton 3 - 3 Montrose

The game of two halves. The 4-4-2 was adapted to form a very attacking 4-1-3-2 formation and for the majority of the first half Montrose dominated the game. 2 goals from Kerrigan and a pen from loan star McConalogue and we were 3 up before half time. Deciding to go for more goals Montrose stepped out unchanged in the second half. Morton had obviously had enough and they were a different team in the second. Changing tactics proved too little to late for Trose and we hung on despite an excellent Morton comeback. A game for the fans then and an excellent advert for Scottish Football.

Dumbarton 0 - 1 Montrose

At last a win and McConalogue proved to be the difference as Trose battled hard to secure the 3 points at a difficult venue.

Stranraer 3 - 0 Montrose

Missing a few key players, Trose ventured into the 1st round of the Scottish Cup and swiftly returned home. Stranraer looked more up for the game and the gulf between the teams looked massive.

Cowdenbeath 3 - 0 Montrose

Another big away defeat this time to The Blue Brazil at Central Dump. Despite being down to ten men for much of the match Trose couldnt break down a well organised Cowden side and they fully deserved the victory. Trose were awarded a pen early in the first half but McConalogue managed to blast his shot wide.

Manager Sandy Thomson had this to say :

A few disappointing results then but a message to the fans - new signings are imminent as soon as the window opens and a top 4 finish is still a realistic aim for the club this season.

Lanarkshires Finest!

The fans they were a dancing, the tonic wine was flowing, and the Gods of The Gadgie were smiling once again upon the citizens of Coatbridge.

Albion Rovers 3 - 1 Hamilton

Albion Rovers 2 - 2 Berwick

Stranraer 1 - 1 Albion Rovers

LC Albion Rovers 5 - 0 Cowdenbeath

Albion Rovers 8 - 0 Airdrie United

Arbroath 2 - 2 Albion Rovers

Unbeaten in the session, and with 2 overwhelming drubbings handed out, one in particular to a terribly shoddy set of Local Rivals , which prompted Rioting the streets of Airdrie, and the sacking of some numpty called Stewart to be replaced by old Chrome Dome himself , Jim Huffy , left Rovers in a chasing position for the promotion spots next season With Forfar 10 points clear until a late defeat to Peterhead , Albion were playing for 2nd place , but the question is , can ANYBODY stop the Dogmeister and his ultra talented mercenary army from going up this season?

Note : A certain unnamed individual was heard to say "Charlie McLean? ... hes sh*te" prior to the 8-0 demolition job on Airdrie , in which McLean picked up a hat trick. I wonder if said individual is now prepared to eat humble pie and accept McLean is a class above anything hes got in his strike force........

Prima klootzak!

tot zeins icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, TURPS' Dutch Vocabulary certainly has improved! icon_smile.gif Well done, Mate! icon_smile.gif Didn't answered my question tho icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

_Lanarkshires Finest!_

Note : A certain unnamed individual was heard to say "Charlie McLean? ... hes sh*te" prior to the 8-0 demolition job on Airdrie , in which McLean picked up a hat trick. I wonder if said individual is now prepared to eat humble pie and accept McLean is a class above anything hes got in his strike force........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who would say such a thing? Of course I was merely playing mind games with the young striker anticiapting the backlash on Airdrie Utd whom I dislike. Kenny D for SD3 top score come end of year icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

Hi all, I’m just on to say which ep5 patch are we to download? I am currently downloading the ep5 with no data as it’s the same data as ep3.

So is this also the Mac version as well.

Sav.

Another New Hope............

What a difference a White Hole makes. icon_smile.gif a new chance beckoned for the Gretna manager and the omens look good. The opening game against Montrose the lads start the session in style. after an early sending off the lads rattled in not 1, not 2, not even 3 but 5 yes 5 goals against the hopeless Gable Endies to record our biggest win of the season.

Gretna 5 Montrose 0

Game 2 saw us visit 9th place Elgin and in a dour midfield battle the 1st goal always looked to be crucial and in the 83rd minute so it was when Michael Lau broke through to earn Gretna their 2nd win in a row.

Elgin 0 Gretna 1

A wee trip to the Blue Brazil followed and with a tight defensive performance Gretna kept their 3rd clean sheet in a row and returned from Fife with a point.

Cowdenbeath 0 Gretna 0

We played host 2 the runaway leaders Stirling Albion next and despite a tireless performance from the lads class told in the end and we lost with goals in the 32nd & 84th minutes.

Gretna 0 Stirling A 2

Scottish Cup duty was next and with goal in the 3rd & 8th minute we were always in control and sent our Highland opponents back up north with their tail between their legs.

Gretna 3 Deveronvale 1

The final game of the night saw us host Morton and although it was an even battle the Greenock mens better finishing earned them the points.

Gretna 2 Morton 3

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Guest sav112

Yeah I was told on Monday there was a good chance of it being out by the clan game night for the Mac, it great news because I just could not hold back and installed it yesterday and played my first solo management game, so I don’t have to uninstall everything for tonight.

Now that I’ve played with all you lot the single player is just not as good as I used to think it was probably because your not playing anyone else every game like in the clan. It’s definitely the way to go forward for this game SI needs to set up clans or sponsor them some way. I’ll tell you what if anyone reads this thread out with the clan they’ll be gagging to either get the game or if they have it get a clan going. Or thread is the best advert for the game I’ve seen.

Be beating you later

Sav

Archived