The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

And Now the End is Near..........

Thank f*ck for that. We were sh!te, I was sh!te the game is sh!te but hey looking forward to Season 2 already.

On a night when I thought things couldn't get worse they amazingly did. After playing a tight match against Champions Peterheed and only losing 2-0 we had a battling performance against Montrose and were deniad an equaliser at the death but we lost 2-1. The 3rd game of the night was against Morton and at half-time we were 1-0 down. The 2nd half however seemed like a nightmare, my defence seemed to totally disappear from the pitch and in scenes that just made me laugh we conceded goals in the 67th, 73rd, 74th, 75th, 80th & 88th to lose 7-0 icon_eek.gif

The final game of the season was against the 2nd worst team in the league Queen's Park things looked bleak when we went 2-0 down after 22 minutes. The lads however provided me with one final big push and amazingly we scored in the 28th, 60th & 74th minute to comeback and win 3-2. icon_smile.gif

It's nice to have a totally unambitious board as at no time was my management position insecure unlike a few of the managers. Will they be so kind to me in Season 2.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Great Ton

After a disappointing season for Morton Pete abraham kept a high note saying "Next season WILL bring success".

Looking back on the season, Morton started in a good way, beating everybody up to the first quater when things got worse and worse. Players had to be sold to loose up the wege grip on finance.

Albion Manager Bod tried killing our most influencial player and almost succeeded the third game against his Psycho Ho beasts. Alex williams missed a few games with bruised ribs and Fisken was out a few months with broken ribs icon_mad.gif

The last session should that good things could happen in the future.

The session started like so many games before when The Ton visited Albion And despite Bod trying our players managed to leave the pitch in tact. Abraham had set out to Attack Albion but back fired when MacLean found his form and scored a hattrick with Collins managing to pull one back via a conselation panalty. (Well done on getting promoted Bod, What a come back. You certainly deserved to go up)

Next was a trip to champions Peterhead and Abraham had to win to keep his job. There was no point in defending so Pete opted to use his home tactics and won in great fashion. Williams started to rout with an excellantly worked goal. Former England International Ripley scored the second before Super Williams added to his tally by rounding of an excellant attack with Peterheads Keeper going walk about. Kirkwood rounded of the 4-0 win with a superb header through a corner kick. (nice league win Dogs, you certainly proved that Turpie is yer b1tch)

A visit to Gretna came up next and both managers needed the win to keep there jobs secure. This day however Abraham came out comfortable victors. prunty started shakely but scored before the break. However Abraham was not happy with his contribution so substituted him at half time with Williams. Super Williams, let loose on a park, is always gonna be difficult to control and he proved this by scoring a hatrick and was looking to score more but opted instead to help Annand score his own hatrick. Final score 7-0 (all the respect for sticking in there Jim. Hope things go better for you next season)

Last game of the season ended in contrivercy since Williams, Collins and Prunty made Abraham a very happy Manager but Turperoonie could not take The Ton finishing above his beloved East W@nks so fixed the game so it would crash and started it up again and again till Morton lost 3-0. So we ended the season 5th instead of the more deserved dizzy hights of 4th place. (Well done Trose. had a few good games towards the end. Hope it continues for you next season)

Thanks for serving an enjoyable season Turperoonie. Hopefully there are many more to come.

The Spiders Web

Welcome to the last edition of The Spiders Web for this season and what a season it has been, Fast and Frantic.

Our form over the season was erratic to say the least, players came players left but the fans stayed through thick and thin and it's unfortunate we couldn't repay them with a better finish.

My assistant manager was in charge of the first game whilst i was around the world trying to snap up some players for next season. I was shocked when i flicked on teletext to read East Stirling 5 - 0 Queens Park but that was nothing to what i was going to feel going into the next game.

We travelled to Forthbank stadium to take on Stirling in what was to be a game of gaffs that would make any player blush and some wonderful finishing from Claque, we looked nothing more than a shambolic sunday league team who had been out on the píss the night before. The team that was put out are better than this and i make no excuses of the performance, i do however make a apology to everyone involved with Stirling i didn't mean to wreck the away changing room i hope you can understand it was under some extreme conditions.

Stirling 9 - 1 Queens Park

The board were screaming in my ear about there un-satisfaction, what do i have to do with there sex life is beyond me but we awaited the visit of 3rd Division champs Peterhead in a game i knew deep down i had to win and it was to be a day of suprises as we put last weeks shocker behind us and a on fire Christer George made no mistake as he slotted SIX goals past a helpless Peterhead recent Signing Tam Brighton added to that and defence mainstay Brannigan stepped up to slot home a penalty. After the game they were screams of something "phisy" and mutterings of "phisy as phuck" but we took no notice as we enjoyed the win.

Queens Park 8 - 1 Peterhead

Gretna was the destition for the last game of the season and once again our erratic form paid dividends, well that is if your a Gretna fan. Despite taking a 2 goal lead from Corriea and George some shameful defending and some class finishing cost us as Gretna went on to win.

Gretna 3 - 2 Queens Park

My thoughts on the season are one's of regret and fun, at times we could have done better than we did and as i reflect of some of the mistakes that were made along with the lack-lustre finishing i can only imagine "What If".

No time to reflect on past memories tho as we look towards next season and look to cut out the mistakes i want to thank everyone who turned out week in week out to support us despite our erratic form and to my rival managers all i can it has been a good experience and here's to next season.

On a last note..... I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M STILL IN A JOB!!!!

Gary Toner

Gable Endies Gaffer Speaks!

The final 4 games of the season, and I survived by my fingertips! Starting away to Stirling Albion the ref was lucky to escape my clutches in the car park after the match. A shambolic display of card happy reffing and my team leaving with a 1-0 loss.

Next up was the long trip south to lowly Gretna, and despite my teams general performance we left with lucky 2-1 victory despite nearly conceding the equaliser minutes from time. Elgin City came calling at Fortress Links and managed to escape with a 1-0 win. Final match was lost 3-0 at home to Morton before the game crashed.

Clearly my team are not scoring enough goals and that department is where I will be concentrating my hundreds of pounds that my ever happy chairman has decided to spend. So Montrose fans, do not worry, new signings are on there way to the club. I aim to take this club to the top in the long term but paitence is required. A top 5 finish next year will give us something to build on in the seasons to come.

#### The Scottish Sun ####

Peterhead gaffer Alex Holligan was today sensationally dragged before the SFA Beaks at their offices at Hampden Park to answer allegations of match fixing.

Before the last 3 games of the season the Blue Toon had only conceded 13 goals in 33 games and had by far the best defensive record in the SD3. The last 3 games of the season saw the team concede an unbelievable 12 goals as they slumped to both Morton and Queens Park where the common knowledge was that if both teams had not got a result against Peterhead both clubs would of sacked their under presssure managers'.

Match reports have shown Peterhead Goalkeeper Derek Souter charging up to the half way line shouting "gies a shot" and "i want a dig at goal" in both games. Alex Holligan has not commented on such facts but said that his Peterhead Team would not lie down to any team.

"We were tired after a long ardous season and after sealing the championship the week before there were alot of tired legs out there. We had nothing to play for and both Morton and Queens Park simply had to win"

When accused of being a "big soft shíte" Alex Holligan came out with a confusing statement stating

"your either in the game or no, and its far better to be part of the whole set up even if you are písh"

Although we have no idea what that means its been interpretated that the Peterhead Gaffer has had one shandy too many in the last week icon_wink.gif

East Fife prove they have what it takes

The only real battle left was to try and secure 6th spot as it was clear Pete had finally got his act together and we weren’t catching 5th placed Morton. Murrays Elgin side however were also determined to pull off 6th spot but a win at Elgins home ground thanks to 2 goals from Stevie Kerrigan. Fifers were now deploying a counter attacking 4-3-3 system that was too good for Elgin City as they fell 2-0 which put the Fifers nicely into that coveted 6th spot.

Now there was a slight hurdle blocking our path to grabbing 6th spot once the 36 games were up. Well actually there was 3 and they came in the form of Albion Rovers (a), Stirling Albion (h) and Peterhead (a). That’s the top 3 teams in the league if you didn’t know and the Albions were still playing for promotion.

So…….. away to in form bod, he picked up form again after being defeated by the mighty fifers. We held the wee rovers for 83 mins and created the odd chance ourselves however on after one of bods infamous tactical switches they pulled clear after some slack defending. It was disappointing to lose but a good performance to take into the Stiling game.

I wish I could have seen Ally Shaws face as ex Stirling ace Steve Kerrigan fired the Fifers ahead in the first half. Despite a great first half it didn't turn out to be enough as Shaw's Stirling battled back to a creditble 1-1 draw.

Away to champs Peterhead on the last day of the season. A lot of people turned up to watch Peterhead as they were being accused of match fixing and also to see Dogs; last game in SD3 (not SD2 ally!). It was a boring 0-0 as bnth defences came out on top. I believe dogs was going for the win so I have to take a lot out of the game going into the next season.

I have to admit that I am dissapointed to have finished 7th and I feel if we hadn't had so many injuries and I was changing the tactcs so often we could have done something as we certainly showed a lot of promise and upset all the big teams. There are too many "ifs" in football thuogh and next season I intend to be the force the "delighted" fans want.

Roll on 03-04

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 19th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

Once again the smell of freshly cut grass and hamburgers returns to footballing stadiums around the country, as we prepare to embark on another season. After our bitter disappointment at ending our last campaign with nothing, I am utterly determined to ensure promotion this time round and have assembled a squad which is more than capable of delivering such targets.

Not surprisingly, some players have moved on to new things over the close season. Allan Moore, Mark McNally and Colin McKinnon have all hung up their boots, while Issac English and Steve McAnespie have both left the club. Young Ross Beveridge has gone to Alloa, Gary Kelly is now with Buckie Thistle and Paul Whitmarsh has been transferred to Elgin City; a transfer which I hope will not haunt me as Kerrigan’s did last season.

As a result of this, I was in a position to significantly strengthen the squad and I am delighted to welcome the following players to the Forthbank. Former Leeds, Middlesbrough and England striker Brian Deane will give us another significant threat in attack with his strength, height and experience. Another veteran is Andrew Marriot and the former Wales keeper will provide backup to the number one slot as well as passing on some tips to the younger goalies. Danny Lennon, the man who made the famous score line of Bayern Munich 0 Raith Rovers 1, brings a wealth of knowledge and his influence to the club.

Some of you may know Michael Branch from his time at Everton and Wolves and he is another player who will add to the squad. I’ve also been keen to add to our youth squad and have secured the promising talents of Steven Folley, an attacker from Aston Villa, Adrian Deane, a midfielder from Sunderland, Kevin McKinley, a winger who joins after a spell with Chelsea and Ryan Amoo, a defensive player who also signs from Aston Villa. Another young signing is goalkeeper David Marshall from Celtic. David looks to be a great prospect but I feel his just a little inexperienced for first team action and I have struck a loan deal with Queen’s Park; who will have his talent for the season, except for games in the cup or against us.

We have also brought in some players on loan and I think that getting Sunderland’s Scotland international Kevin Kyle could be the transfer coup of the season. Also joining are Liam Miller, a midfielder from Celtic, defender Paul Reid from Rangers and Stephen Schumacher a player who great things are expected of, from Everton.

With such quality available throughout the squad, it came as little surprise to me in learning that we have been installed as the bookmakers favourites for the Bells 3rd Division title this season.

Our preseason friendlies help the team get their fitness levels back up and I was delighted to see crowds of nearly 4,000 turn up for our games against Livingston and Hertha Berlin; attendances which I’m sure will also please the money men at the club.

As most of you will probably know, the draw for the CIS League Cup 2nd Round has been made, with a mouth watering tie in Aberdeen in prospect for us.

I have to admit that I was dieing for the big kick off and was confident that a win on day one of the season would be forthcoming over Murray Etherington’s Elgin. The bookmakers had made us 1-4 favourites and with you fans spurring us into the new campaign, we immediately took the game to the visitors. For the second year in a row we opened the scoring in the league when Clague pounced just 13 minutes into the season and Kyle soon doubled our lead. Elgin had the chance to pull a goal back with Knowles, but thankfully he failed to take the great opportunity which fell to him. I was truly delighted by the way in which my attackers ripped the Elgin defence apart and Clague scored two more in the second half to bag an opening day hat trick and continue his exploits from last season. Steven Nicholas was taken off early into the game with a damaged shoulder, but there appears to be no lasting damage.

The emphatic win put us joint top of the league and was the perfect start to the new season.

As the runners-up of last years Challenge Cup, I am hoping that we can reproduce the excellent form we found in our previous tour of this tournament.

The 1st round paired us up with 2nd Division outfit Stranraer and I was once again confident of another win. It won’t shock many to learn that it was Clague who stole the show as he opened the scoring with a close range header. Nicholas then scored a scrappy rebound to give us a two goal cushion at the interval. We totally dominated over the visitors and when Clague made it 3-0, we had booked our passage into the next round, a game with Raith Rovers.

The last time we went to Pete Abraham’s Morton a defeat ultimately cost us the chance of promotion, so we had a bit of a score to settle with our hosts. A tactical gamble came in the shape of Nicholas dropping out of the team in favour of an extra midfielder, an approach which paid off. Both sides squandered some early chances and I was relieved to see Williams have a goal chopped off for offside. However we made the breakthrough on the stroke of half time as Kyle found the back of the net. It was an ideal time to strike and Kyle must have demoralised Morton even more with his second goal just after the restart as he fired home a 35 yard screamer. Morton responded by pushing men forward and Smith in goals was forced into making a great save to preserve our highly impressive 2-0 away win. However some bad news came in the shape of Neal Clague’s dislocated shoulder, and injury which will keep him out for the next couple of weeks.

We’ve made another great start to the season, having won all our games, scoring nine in the process and we’ve yet to concede a single goal. I’m really hopeful that we’ll taste success this year and am looking forward to a productive and entertaining season.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

Elgin Evening News

Eye on Elgin City: Preseason Review

Hello Readers,

What a summer! It has been non-stop at Borough Briggs with very little chance even to watch Big Brother. We have been hunting the transfer market for players to come in and boost the squad as well as letting a few of the bit part players leave.

As many of you who came to the games last season will now I prefer to play a 4-4-2 system and I felt that our lack of a quality left full back was cruelly exposed and so I made this position a priority buy. We had our eye on a couple of players and although we lost out on Australian Robertson from Morton due to a work permit we did sign young starlet Charlie Mulgrew from Celtic on a free transfer. I believe that Charlie can do big things in the game and will be a stalwart for Elgin over the coming seasons. We have also augmented the back line with right-sided full back Thompson on a free transfer. He is a pacy player who is a welcome addition to the squad.

Our midfield flanks needed a bit of beefing up in my opinion and this was compounded by us letting a few youngsters go, who we felt had not progressed in the manner that we would have liked. So priority was a right-sided midfielder to give cover and competition to Fraser Brebner, however original target Issa again agreed terms but was not granted a work permit so we began our search again. After a few showings last season Alex Benjamin had caught the eye and we managed to tempt him away from Gretna for a fee of £6k . I have also managed, although this has yet to be 100% confirmed, to sign young Peter Flynn from Celtic on a season long loan. Flynn is an exciting young winger who will not only add some depth to the left flank but will also push current holder David Craig for his jersey.

Finally in the attacking department there has been many changes. Just after the departure of Trevor Benjamin – who returned to Leicester after his loan spell we have all lost Subiat whom retired at the end of last season. I know this decision will come as a shock to many fans but I am sure you will all join me in wishing him all the best for the future. This left us with only 2 strikers at the club who, in my opinion, have the quality to play in the SD3. Therefore the hunt was on for new talent to shake things up. However although I managed to get Ellis Remy, from Wimbledon, and Kristopher Myles, from Albion Rovers in on season long loans as well as negotiating the £4k transfer of Paul Whitmarsh from Stirling Albion, all of these players did not manage to get registered in time for the big match. So young Alex Knowles was drafted in from the under 18s to play.

I am sure you will agree that the squad has certainly improved from last season with more quality for each position and it still leaves us around £10k in the pot and the chance for one or two new loan signings in the winter. Rest assured that I will continue to scour the country (and beyond) for signings to help strengthen the squad and provide cover.

PS A star buy will be arriving in January to help the defence.

Powerful Stirling Pummel Elgin

‘Elish Performance Ends In Rout.

We awoke this bright morning to the sound of birds chirping in the trees and the smell of freshly cut grass – it was Saturday. But not just any Saturday, it was the start of the football and we were on the bus heading for Stirling and Elgin’s first game of the season. We were in buoyant mood, a few new players were signed and the manager certainly could talk a good game – even though we knew that we were facing, arguably, the best side in the league this season. However we began to get nervous when Sportsound announced that we had a mini injury crisis and that 17yr old Alex Knowles would play his first competitive match for us up front. We were right to get worried.

Stirling is a huge side and they lined up 4-3-3 with physical strikers Kyle and Deane either side of the deadly Clague. Things did not look good after the first free kick was hit long into the box and Deane won his header with easy. Our central defenders where having a torrid time and it was not long before Stirling had gone one up – and it was that man Clague who supplied the finish from a Deane knock down. We went 2 down shortly after when no one picked up Kyle at the near post and deftly flicked his header into the net. Things were looking grim. Then in the 42nd a chance for Elgin, Porsteinsson had made the keeper make a good save but the ball bobbled loose to Knowles who contrived to miss from 4 yards and an open net. That proved to be our final attack.

At half time Etherington mad some changes, taking off both ineffectual central defenders – however that did little to stop the flow. Clague scored two more to bring up his hat trick and even had the chance to showboat near the end. At the end I feel that we were lucky to get away with the scoreline at the end. Stirling looked awesome – however our lack of defensive awareness was very suspect and maybe Etherington has to look at his tactics?

It must be remembered that one game does not make a season so hopefully we can put this down to a one off and with the new strikers joining maybe we can mount a challenge. Not holding our breath though.

Final Score: Stirling 4 Elgin City 0

The Brigg Boys – Elgin City Fanzine

Elgin’s 5 Star Showing

A great performance by both Porsteinsson and new striker partner, Albion Rovers on loan striker, Myles left poor Gretna stunned last night. In a one sided affair, that both managers were sent to the stand for the second period, the latest members of the growing band of Borourgh Briggs Boys helped to turn Elgin’s possession into goals. 2 for Myles, one for Porsteinsson another from Craig and a screamer from Rattray were enough to see the black and whites progress in to the second round of the Challenge Cup, where they now face the daunting task of playing Albion. At the end of the game Elgin manager Murray Etherington was obviously delighted. “I was very pleased with the performance tonight, we have worked on a few things in training and bring in the new players up front has also helped a great deal. I don’t think you can take anything away from these lads, after Saturday’s thumping, they have come back in great fashion.†Ask what the stramash at the touchline with Gretna boss, Jim Hastie, was all about he declined to comment only saying that “It was nothing real, Jim and I get on great…..noo get that mic oot o’ ma face or ah wull ****in dae you, ya bassâ€

Final Score: Gretna 0 Elgin City 5

Daily Record – Score Magazine

Cowed-and-beaten

Cowdenbeath frustration at late refereeing decision

In an action packed match, the first home game of the season for Elgin, Cowdenbeath were the visitors. As predicated Etherington kept the same 11 from the midweek mauling of Gretna and they once again produced the goods. After only 3mins powerful Icelandic forward Porsteinsson calmly slotted past the helpless Cowdenbeath keeper. A couple more chances were created by the hard working black and whites midfield before Thompson, a close season signing, made a colossal error of judgement. He decided to head the ball back to his keeper but left the header woefully short which was pounced upon by and was smashed into the top corner of the net. This was the score at half time and it was a surprise to see Thompson out for the second period. He did not last long and neither did the stalemate with McMillan replacing the hapless fullback and Myles breaking the deadlock. It was quick break from Elgin with Porsteinsson exploiting the space in behind the defence by latching on to a lofted through ball. Instead of going for glory, he drew the keeper and squared the ball to the in rushing Myles to smash the ball into the empty net. The game looked as though it was going to fizzle out as Elgin switched to a defensive formation after a scare. However controversy reigned in the 82nd minute when McMillan passed the ball back to Pirie in goal who, instead of thumping the ball out or up the field, smashed it across goal and straight to Cowdenbeath who gladly accepted the gift. Etherington was furious but Stewart Robertson was obviously delighted. Although once we reached the end of the game it transpired that the referee had actually ruled the goal out for offside. A stranger decision will not be seen in Scotland this season (or for a few seasons) but, in the end, it was the correct result. A furious Etherington had some stern words at the end of the game for his players and scoreline but after visiting the referee’s office he was, understandably, ecstatic. “It was a strange end to the game and I do feel a bit for Cowdenbeath who had thought that they had secured a point. At the end of the day though we merited the victory and it would have been a travesty had we drawn that game.†Asked what he though of the new Cowden manager “I wish Stewart all the best, he looks to have a decent squad available to him and if he can get a bit of organisation together he could be a real handful.â€

Final Score: Elgin City 2 Cowdenbeath 1

The Sun – Scottish Division 3 Review

Rovers Fans Desperate for Derby Day

With the heroics of last season out of the way, Albion Rovers fans have been wondering what manager McGuinness is going to do next. Having taken an unfancied squad and made them into promotion winners, it was widely expected that with a transfer budget of nearly £20,000 , he could bring in players of a calibre sufficient to take Rovers to the heady heights of mid table mediocrity, and more importantly , settle (for one season anyway) the ongoing lanarkshire feud that is Coatbridge V Airdrie.

On the incoming front, fans were surprised to see very little movement. Freed East Stirling midfielder David McPherson was brougth in , along with promising keeper Brian Hamilton, but with no fees involved, and the out-door showing no signs of letting up (Yardley , McAllister , Dick , Bradford , McStay & Myles(on Loan)) the fans wondered if the manager had truly lost the plot.

Then came the signings theyd been waiting for. Loan deals for 12 months, but players of real quality, desperate to show off their talents in a first team environment. From West Ham came talented young centre back Ezy Iriekpen to add a little steel to a backline which still lacked a degree of experience, but not degree of ability. And to challenge Stirling and Mercer for the wide left slot came Robert Wolleaston from Chelsea. The pacy little winger will ensure that the complacency which crept into Mercer's game near the end of last season will not be repeated.

With these new starlets in place, Albion set out to conquer division 2 .... starting at home to their old adversaries , Division 3 champions Peterhead

Albion Rovers 2 - 0 Peterhead

Scarcely could anyone believe this was the same Peterhead team which had destroyed all in its path. Gone were a huge portion of last seasons starlets, released after the job was done, or sold for pitiful fees to lower division teams. And on the park, it seemed to show, as a lackluster Blue Toon failed to spark , almost as though they hadnt had the time to gel as a unit, whilst Albion , with Charlie "The General" McLean marauding up front seemed able to get off shots on goal at will. Despite a first half in which Peterhead were awarded a dubious penalty for some pushing and shoving in the box, they never looked like seriously threatening Albion in the second half, and goals either side of half time by McLean sealed a great start to the league campaign.

Elswhere , Forfar picked up a 4-0 away win, showing early that they would be title contenders.

Forfar 0 - 0 Albion Rovers

Forfar had started this match as red hot favourites according to the bookmakers, and it showed as right from the off, they pounded the albion goalmouth. Only some superb defending from Iriekpen , and some outstanding goalkeeping from Shearer kept the scorelines level, with one particular one handed save from Shearer earning him the man of the match award. With 90 minutes on the clock, and the scores level, Albion's counter attacking football almost paid dividends , with a sweeping move through the middle resulting in Ian Mackie ghosting in from the right and sweeping a shot low past the Forfar keeper. Alas , it wasnt to be as the linesman raised his flag and ruled the goal offside. A creditable away draw for Bod & his troops, and the North Lanarkshire derby looming in the distance.

Elsewhere, Hamilton , beaten 4-0 the previous week by Forfar , proceeded to win 4-0 themselves , showing there will be no easy matches in Scottish Division 2 this season.

Sun Exclusive - Turpie overtakes Barry Fry

Statisticians everywhere were delighted today to be able to announce that with his 238th signing of the season , East Stirling manager Ross Turpie has finally overtaken the all time signings record held previously by Peterborough chairman and football legend Barry Fry. The fact Turpie has achieved in 2 seasons what Fry took 27 years to do makes the achievement all the more amazing. When asked to comment on this , Turpie smiled and said "Aye , well , the board have backed me on the wages, and we move on as many as we bring in, usually to the dole queue. By the way, i see yer 16yr old son can kick a ball quite well, would you be interested in signing him up for a trial ...... "

The Scottish Football League is apparently carrying out an investigation to see whether any connection exists between Turpie and the agent who represents 234 of the players which Turpie has signed. Both parties have declined to comment further on the matter.

### SHIRE START SEASON 2 ###

A fresh start and new beginning would see some fresh faces and some old leave, as stalwarts Brian Irvine and Peter Grant hung up their boots and made way for the youth. The Shire kids were eagerly chapping at the bit to stake their claim for 1st team action. Pre-season had gone well with 6 friendlies being played with relative success as no losses were recorded. The team was fit, ready and raring to go for the forthcoming campaign.

The board expected the development of youth to continue and a respectable mid-table position to obtained. With no finance and poor wages the challenge would be difficult, as most the better platers were signing for more glamerous and richer clubs, but boss Turps was confident that a top 6 finish would be secured and we would push the promotion favorites hard all the way. Squad wise the team had strength and depth, was youthfull and had bags of experience despite the departure of Peter Grant, Brian Irvine and Razor Ruddock. Some great loan deals had been done for cover and would play their role in the 1st team. Player like Leon Osman from everton, Jamie 'Smudger'Smith and Ton McParland from Celtic and Norwich's Chris Llewellyn.

PLAYERS OUT

Robert Dunn - Free to Montrose

Mark Slater - Free to Montrose

Razor Ruddock - Free to Queens park

Kevin McCann - Released

David MacPherson - Released

Chris Bladwin - P/X to Falkirk

Pat Clark - Free Transfer to Morton

Chris Todd - Free Transfer to Morton

Graeme McLaren - P/x ICT for Paul Ritchie

PLAYERS IN

Andy Legg - Experienced veteran left Back signed on a Free Transfer from Cardiff

John Henry - Experienced Midfielder P/x with young Chris Baldwin

Marvin Robinson - Young striker from Derby signed on a free

Jimmy Gibson - Young AMC signed from Rangers on a free

Paul Ritchie - P/x deal with ICT for Graeme Mclaren

Paul Bernard - Experienced DMC signed on a free from the Pilgrims

14 youth players were also signed for the U18 squad mostly regens or unknown teenagers. Stuart Shearer,Ian Martin,Steven Marshall,Scott Stewart,Paul Russell,Graham Patterson,David Robertson,Kevin hughes,Graham Dale,Gary Burns,Steven Boyle,Gary Alexander,Scott Brady & Craig Clark all agreed terms.

Here's how our opening games went, a good start and two good clean sheets!

2.8.03 EAST STIRLING 4 Dumbarton 0

Shire's opener was at home thankfully and would see Kenny'scots' make his Clan debut. The Sons of the Rock were not so might as they crumbled 4-0 and had Barry Donald sent off as the Shire easilycontrolled the game. Dumbarton failed to trouble Shire as they Scored 4 great goals through a Dean Cooper Double, Paul Kane strike and Jamie Smith goal. It would take Kenny time to settle and find his feet in the competitive Scots 3rd division.

Dumbarton 1 EAST STIRLING 0 (Challenge Cup 1st Round)

Scots would have his revenge as some key players were rested and untried youth were given their chance only to fail against the 'Mighty Sons of the Rock'. A solitary strike was the difference in scrappy close game at the Rock Stadium. The Challenge Sup was a mickey mouse competition any way as the League was the most important competition. Any way good luck to Kenny and His first win in the Clan and hopefully the 1st of many, not against the Shire *fingers crossed*

9.8.03 Montrose 0 EAST STIRLING 0

Sandy Thomson's Trose had improved greatly since last season as his fresh approach and blend of fresh faces and playing style caused Shire problems. Both teams were well organized and hard to break down. Shire's Young striker Marvin Robinson missed an empty net in the 'Van Vossen' mould late on in the 2nd half after some sloppy Trose defending. He was forgiven though as his match sharpness was not great and a good away point had been secured at a very difficult venue.

### Extracts from the FALKRK HERALD ###

Furious East Stirling gaffer hit back at reports of fowl play and comparisons to flambouyant manager Barry Fry. Turpie explained, " we have 69 players now on our books, I know thats a bit of a mouthfull for most but we still have room for a few more key 1st team players as we are £1400 under our overall wage budget. A lot of the duds have been moved on and the majority of Shire players are just young kids, which bodes well for the future". Only a few experienced players have joined Shire this season as most the quality free players available have opted to ply their trade at bigger 'Glory' clubs in the division. Gaffer Turps stands buy his 'strategy' and transfer policy, He claimed, "Its not our fault the rival gaffers are lazy and naive when it comes to scouting and finding new talent and value. We have a great scout in Dave Colley, and a good young squad which will improve, with the right players in the right places to fit our system and style of play. We might not have any big names at the club , but at least we get tore in un-like some of the leagues 'Big-time Charlies"!

A New Season.............A New Hope

We made 67 signing bids during the close season with a grand total of 5 signings made. icon_frown.gif

and so the coming season doesn't look too hopeful.

We opened up with a home game against Morton a team we lost 7-0 to late last season. It was good to see that we had tightened up at the back and a well deserved 0-0 draw was achieved. We played Elgin in the Challenge Cup and after going 2-0 down went for all out attack, sadly this coincided with some underhand tactics from the oppostion who decided to evict me from the stadium for no apparent reason. (Northern hospitality hmmmmmmph). Without sny interaction from either manger the AI played out a 5-0 defeat. Our final game of the night was against East Fife and with a more normal tactic another tight defensive perfomance was achieved although we lost 1-0.

We have therefore played 3 games and once again the problem of scoring goals is the main Gretna problem. I'm away now to work on some new tactics.

ALL WE ARE SAYING......IS GIVE US A GOAL

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Guest sav112

It’s cut throat stuff just the way I like it. It’s going to be a hard season for my Cowdenbeath side but I hope to have a few players next game in place.

To be honest I think Stirling have this season in the bag. We will see and with 12 Human players of which ten are in the third its fantastic fun playing real people and not the crappy Ai managers.

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

### Game Announcement ###

Due to a family engagement I cannot get out of Tonights session (monday 23rd ) has been cancelled. sorry lads hope yes understand

Rosco<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For "Family Engagement" read "Mrs Rosco has put her foot down, and Rosco's had his erse felt"

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

### Game Announcement ###

Due to a family engagement I cannot get out of Tonights session (monday 23rd ) has been cancelled. sorry lads hope yes understand

Rosco<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For "Family Engagement" read "Mrs Rosco has put her foot down, and Rosco's had his erse felt"

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

When you going on holiday Turperoonie?

Dumbarton's Progress Report Coming Soon.

Having A Crappy Time Removing Every Second Word So It Is Suitable For The Whole Family To Read.

I'm Also Having A Sh*tty Time At Work So I'll Not Be Online Much This Week, So Hopefully There Aint A Session On Thursday.

Thanks

Your Rumour Mole

Guest sav112

Thumb print or no thumbprint you all know it’s just no worth upsetting the other half. Ok I’m not married yet so I have some negotiation leeway but once that ring is on that finger face facts lads your life as an individual making decisions is over because upsetting them is a fate worse than death.

I can see it now

Rosco

“Sorry love I can’t take you out tonight I’ve got a game of Cm4 to play and the lads are counting on meâ€

Wife

“ that’s ok by me†followed by that icon_mad.giflook (you all know it)and her walking out the door.

Followed by The next five days being a living hell……. icon_eek.gif.

Sav.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

married two years TURPS and yours still a virgin...i think your doing something wrong...didnt know you were fat and bald like mate! icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA peewee powlay are ye allowed to shag in your American wannabee Christian Sect?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

BTW Rosco , i can recommend a good plastic surgeon to remove that Thumbprint from your forehead if you want. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rosco i can't beleive your getting abuse from stevie bod of all people!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

BTW Rosco , i can recommend a good plastic surgeon to remove that Thumbprint from your forehead if you want. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rosco i can't beleive your getting abuse from stevie bod of all people!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Over the years Ricardo, you learn when to listen and when to shut up. As a result, you learn to see the openings and where to deliver the "Coup De Grace" .....

I got promoted last season by signing 2 players. Rosco didnt after signing 38. Hence , Bod has the bragging rights , for this season anyroads.

So whits your good self doing back here? ... managed to stop greeting over the Ipox Exodus, and come here to find some like minded weeping old firm fans?

Or , as ever , are you just trying to find Jinksy and wind him up aboot the whole Edinburgh United thing?

Originally posted by TURPS:

LOL, it was my 2nd wedding anniversary!QUOTE]

2 years? FFS mate you can get less than that for armed roberry these days. icon_wink.gif

Al

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richard t:

Rosco i can't beleive your getting abuse from stevie bod of all people!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Over the years Ricardo, you learn when to listen and when to shut up. As a result, you learn to see the openings and where to deliver the "Coup De Grace" .....

I got promoted last season by signing 2 players. Rosco didnt after signing 38. Hence , Bod has the bragging rights , for this season anyroads.

So whits your good self doing back here? ... managed to stop greeting over the Ipox Exodus, and come here to find some like minded weeping old firm fans?

Or , as ever , are you just trying to find Jinksy and wind him up aboot the whole Edinburgh United thing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>as if i would wind up jinx about edinburgh united!!!!and re the ibrox exidos well it could be worse we could be selling players to a team in administration!!!! well done anyway on being promoted gl for next season

Sandy Thomson's Season preview.

Hello fellow Montrose fans! It really is onwards and upwards this season. I have big plans ahead for the team and with your support and the continued backing of the board I believe we can improve on last seasons league position.

New signings arrived in time for the start of the season. Veterans John McGlashan from Arbroath and Darren Henderson from Forfar started the frenzied activity. Kevin Bain joined from champions Peterhead and Mark Shearer and Robert Dunn both decided to take the step up from East Stirlingshire. Due to my ties with Premiership giants Dundee United, I managed to secure the season long loans of youngsters Stephen McConalogue, David Jack and Stephen Carson. Steven Jack also decided to join us from Glasgow Celtic for the duration of the campaign.

Onto league business then and our first test was against Division 3 new boys Cowdenbeath. I didn't relish the trip to Central Park, The Blue Brazil having appointed a new gaffer and they must be desperate to return to D2. A tight game then, it took a moment of magic from supersub Hughes in the last minute and we left Central Dump with a precious 3 points.

Next up was the diddy cup, and we were paired against Second Division Stenny at Ochilview. 2 goals from last seasons player of the year Stevie Kerrigan and one from new boy McConalogue and we were on our way back North 3-1 winners.

The last game of the session was against East Stirlingshire at Fortress Links, and it was a tight, tense affair. The miss of the season from one of the Shire's star players and the game finished 0-0.

Three good results then and while the the 156 strong support may not be singing my name just yet I am sure they are all as optimistic as me about the season ahead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theregistry:

The miss of the season from one of the Shire's star players and the game finished 0-0.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter van Vossen was quaking in his boots..the worst miss i have evr witnssed in CM . How Marvin Wislon missed from point blank range into an empty net I will never Know. Thems the breaks...serves me right for pinching him from Trose anyway.....lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theregistry:

The miss of the season from one of the Shire's star players and the game finished 0-0.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter van Vossen was quaking in his boots..the worst miss i have evr witnssed in CM . How Marvin Wislon missed from point blank range into an empty net I will never Know. Thems the breaks...serves me right for pinching him from Trose anyway.....lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*ahem*

May i remind you of Big Yards miss last season , which brought the chatroom to its knees in fits of laughter.

I rest my case M'Lud

The Spiders Web

New season, New Hope.

First off let me welcome new singings Stuart Hicks, Ramus Kraus anderson, eddie annand and Jon Ostembor who we had on loan last season. Loan wise we manged to bring in David Marshall a young exciting goalkeeper and Chris Burke from Rangers until the end of the season.

Pre-season was a time to have fun and mess around a little and it showed as we lost all 4 of our pre-season games against Inverness Caley Thistle, Airdire utd, Alloa and St Johnstone.

It was time for the real stuff to begin East Fife were the first team to visit Hampden to kick off the season in a close run game one man made the difference, Eddie Annand hit a First half brace and McAdam slotted home between Annands goals.

Final Score - Queens Park 3 - 2 East Fife

Forfar were next to come calling to Hampden this time in the Challenge Cup in another close game a Annand penalty just before half time wasn't enough even though we had chances the final nail in the coffin was when Eddie Annand was carried off with 20 minutes remaining.

Challenge Cup - Queens Park 1 - 2 Forfar

Back to league business and this time we were on the road to The Rock to take on the mighty Sons Dumbarton, with Annand out for a few weeks it was time to pitch in the old Rangers connection and it looked to be working until Tom Brighton got carried off just after scoring McAdam hit a brace but it wasn't enough to secure all 3 points as a clanger from David Marshall threw away 2 points.

Final Score - Dumbarton 3 - 3 Queens Park

This season looks very promising but we need to capitalise on our chances and force our oppenants into making mistakes.

Gary Toner

SportsXtra Inside The Rock.

Well, the season has started again.

After Dumbarton getting relegated last season, morale and confidence was running low. Kenny Wilson was brought in to try to build this team up and get them to believe in themselves.

The first league game was against East Stirling. This was Kenny's first competitive game in charge and one he'll want to forget. The team were all over the place and looked like School Boys -v- The World All Stars. There was nothing Kenny could do, but just sit and watch.

Final Score: East Stirling 4 - 0 Dumbarton

A Challenge Cup match was next, and this would be Dumbartons first competitive home game. Enteraining East Stirling at The Rock wasn't going to be easy. After the 4-0 drubbing in the previous match against them, the supporters were fearing the worst. This match was not really pretty to watch and did become scrappy in parts. Dumbarton got revenge and scored an early game, which turned out to be the only goal of the game.

Final Score: Dumbarton 1 - 0 East Stirling

Another home game saw Queens Park travel to Dumbarton. An action packed match delighted the neutral supporters, but Queens Park looked to have it wrapped up until Dumbarton came back and capitalised on some mistakes. From 2-0 down, Dumbarton fought all the way to get a point.

Final Score: Dumbarton 3 - 3 Queens Park

Stay Tuned For More From Inside The Rock.

A new season, a new East Fife?

If top award winning manager Chris Nicol can conjure up consistency in his Fifers side then there is no denying that they will go up. Injuries plagued the Fifers previous season which meant that a different 11 was fielded every week and a different performance followed. This task has been made all the more difficult as much to the disgust of the fans and the manager star and bank breaking player Steve Kerrigan made a shock immediate retirement from the game in a attempt to follow up his spy career. Nicol is now without a proven striker which he most definitly needs espescially having switched to a 4-3-3 system.

This is not to say that his side has not been strengthened as youngsters Mark Denham, Robbie Foy and Charlie Adam all join the New Bayview club on a free transfer. There was also a big welcome as Nicol pulled a master stroke in signing last seasons on loan stand out Christophe Grondin on a permanent deal. Martyn Lee has returned for another year on loan and has been joined by Hibee Calvin Shand. Nicol announced that these players are all midfielders and he is still looking to stregthen his defence but attack is the number one priority at the moment.

Queens Park 3 East Fife 2

The first 20 minutes of this game seen Queens take a 3 goal lead and I was brickin it for the rest of the season. However after a tactical switch the boys got on top and we were unlucky not to take something from the game as Gilbert and Deuchar both grabbed goals and could have got more. Coincidentaly this is the exact opposite of how a Fifers Queens game went last season as we held on for the 3-2 win.

Challenge Cup 1st RoundAs gutting as this game was I was able to take so much from it. We held 1st divisioners ICT at their own patch right up until the 68th minute when they took the lead. We then had to attack ourselves and found that we were more than capable when Deuchar rattled one home from 1 yard. Extra time came and the home side kept pressing. I decided to attack them for the start of the last 15 mins but was hit by the sucker punch as ICT broke away to a tought fought win.

East Fife 1 Gretna 0

A fairly dull game where we managed to hold on to a early Gilbert strike. I was a little dissapointed that we only managed to get the one goal but at this stage the points are all that matters as we try to consolidate a good position in the league.

Fifers finally land a striker........more to follow

Guest sav112

Well I only missed the one game, but I had my team set up for it before I left. Dam I was playing Turps as well I would have enjoyed it. I am totally sorry about having to jump ship, but it’s hard to explain to your best friend and his wife that you cant pick up their kid when they are counting on you because of a computer game, and I mean that with respect to CM as when the phone went and I heard they were running late I thought that’s just my luck the game it running well, were getting on and I got my first points in the bag and I’ll probably miss the next two matches.

So I am sorry to say I am glad I only missed the one match. I hope the game ran ok for you and sorry lads it’s a very rare that I am out on Thursdays at night. I just didn’t manage to get my cm4 fix so I’ll be looking forward to my next match on Monday.

Scots your doing fantastically well do you think its down to your formation you must be on 8 point or something and I suspect that’s about fourth.

I’ll read about it all in the thread.

Sav.

PS Turps did my new signing from Dundee play well his name was ball? Lol

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 26th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

It’s always nice to put together a cup run and as one of last year’s finalists, I was determined to advance from the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup. Only the talents of Raith Rovers and their exotic imports stood in out way and I felt that our 9-2 odds on advancing were somewhat bountiful for those who know our potential at causing an upset. Even with our main threats of Neal Clague and Kevin Kyle out for a month, and Liam Miller still not fit for first team action, I was confident that we could knock the fruity Raith Rovers, containing a cocktail of players like Jurgen Macho and Paquinto, out of the cup and say yes to the next round ourselves.

We got off to the perfect start when Brian Deane rose to nod a Stevie Nicholas cross into the net. Nicholas has produced some rays of sunshine with his talent and he scored another blinder when he sliced through the Raith defence before slotting home. A deft finish a few minutes later gave Nicholas his second and sealed our win. Carrigan managed to pull a scrappy goal back for the visitors with their only shot on target, and was the first player to score against us this season. The 3-1 victory was fully deserved and was rewarded with a trip to Hamilton in the next round.

Many of you will remember the dazzling passing that former captain David Moss demonstrated for much of last season. However since his injury, David has struggled to hold down regular football with us and has subsequently moved on to Cowdenbeath, where we wish him well and thank him for his services and professionalism.

Indeed, Moss went straight into Stewart Robertson’s side as we journeyed to Cowdenbeath for our next league match. It was a case of top against bottom, and our odds of 8-1 favourites betrayed the expectations that people have of us. However it took a mistake in the Cowdenbeath defence for us to make the break through, as Nicholas robbed the Blue Brazil of possession and set up Deane to thump past the goalkeeper and send us a goal up. Nicholas then got on the score sheet himself when he snuck through their defensive line to make the score 2-0 before half time. The second period turned out to be a dull affair but the victory at full time made it five wins out of five this season and ensured that we stay as early leaders of the league. However I must point out how sad I was to see David Moss picking up an injury during the game. Hopefully he’ll be back in action for his new club soon.

The road to Hamilton has already been travelled by this club, as we disposed of them in last years Challenge Cup competition and I had a good feeling as we prepared to do battle in the 3rd round clash. However I was acutely aware that Greilich, Miller, Clague and Kyle were all missing with injury.

The game itself turned out to be a drab affair, with little in the way of entertainment or chances. Indeed, it took until an hour of play for the pulse to quicken when we were awarded a penalty, but Danny Lennon fired wide from 12 yards. With extra time now being played, it was going to be a case of whoever had more in the tank progressing to the next round and when some sloppy play let Keegans race through and finish, it looked like an impossible task for us. These fears were confirmed minutes later as O’Neill killed us off and gave us our first taste of defeat this season. Credit must go to Hamilton, as I do not think I have seen many dirtier sides in my time. I was slightly disappointed in the referee, who failed to go further than his six bookings and send some players off who were making some unfair challenges.

The visit of Ross Turpie’s East Stirling always fires our players up and I knew that a win over our rivals would be the perfect tonic for our midweek hangovers. Like us, The Shire have an impressive start to the campaign and it was undoubtedly the match of the day as the leagues top two sides locked horns.

We went ahead when Deane was tripped just inside the box, letting Lennon step up and banish the ghosts from the Hamilton game by tucking the penalty away.

A free kick in the second half rebounded to Ian Maxwell, who prodded the ball over the line to get his first goal in our colours and give us a 2-0 cushion. The win was then secured as Nicholas raced on to a Deane flick on and coolly slotted home to send us five points clear at the top.

I was delighted in the way we took our three chances, and our league standings of four games, four wins with eleven goals scored and none conceded made impressive viewing.

It was therefore with some confidence that we went to the national stadium to take on Gary Toner’s Queen’s Park, despite Paul Mortimer joining Kyle, Clague and Miller on the injury list. However The Spiders gave us a taste of our own medicine as they took their chances to beat us 3-1. A hat trick from McAdam did the damage and we wasted several chances, with Deane’s goal not enough to snatch any points. Worse news game in the shape of an injury to Danny Lennon, a player who has been in fine form since signing, and he will be out for around three weeks.

There is also some late transfer news to report, as veterans Andy Morrison and Stevie Mallan have agreed deals with Queen’s Park and Neilston respectively. Meanwhile young Anton Nugent has teamed up with Dundee Violet on a three month loan deal and we hope that he returns to us with some vital experience under his belt.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

SportsXtra Inside The Rock.

Dumbarton were lying in 9th place after two games, losing 4-0 away and drawing 3-3 at home.

Cup action was first and after beating East Stirling 1-0 in the previous round, Dumbarton had high hopes against Montrose. The game was intense and Dumbarton sneeked a 1-0 win for the second time in the competition. The result meant Dumbarton who travel to Fir Park to face Partick Thistle in the next round.

A league game next saw Dumbarton go on their travels again to face Gretna. Not much to say about this match as both teams had chances, but their strikers had a very bad day. Gretna almost nicked it at the end, but the game finished goal-less.

Final Score: Gretna 0 - 0 Dumbarton

Another cup game for Dumbarton saw them travel to Fir Park. The division gap between the two sides was obvious and Partick ran out easy winners. Dumbarton never looked like scoring and never really threatened Partick.

Final Score: Partick Thistle 4- 0 Dumbarton

Back to league business saw Dumbarton entertain East Fife and this game was a cracker. Dumbarton started well and once they scored, they couldn't stop. Basically after 30 minutes, the match was over as a contest. Panny Flannery was stretchered off in the first half and was replaced by Anthony Shandran. The substitute would score a second half hat trick in a match you would need to see it to believe it.

Final Score: Dumbarton 9 - 0 East Fife

After an excellant game against East Fife, it was the turn of Morton to come to The Rock. Dumbarton went 2-0 up as Nicky Gordon caused havoc and scored the two goals. Morton came back and scored to make it 2-1, but Dumbarton hit right bakc to put it 3-1 as Nicky Gordon completed his hat trick. Morton made it 3-2, but in the end Dumbarton were on a high and scored another 3 goals to make it 6-2. Nicky Gordon had a blinder in that game and scored 5 goals.

Final Score: Dumbarton 6 - 2 Morton

The next game is against Alloa and if the home side play like they have been doing at home, they will have a great chance to give Alloa a good game.

Guest sav112

rio_zine.jpg

I’ll have to get my round up done next time the server is up, The blue Brazil have signed a few player and moved on a few to.

Round up due out Monday night.

Sav

I read the old patch note’s for EP4 that’s a lot of work that has been done.

The season has begun much like the last in the way that we can create a barrow full of chances but never put the B@stards away.

This session started with a visit to Hamilton in our next adventure into the challenge cup.Despite 2 glorious goals from on loan striker Notman, The Ton were unable to stop 3 goals being scored by the home side.

A fustrating affair fallowed in the league against East Fife who's keeper deserved to be knighted for his efforts in keeping our goal hungry side from scoring.

Cowdenbeath were next to add to Ton's missery. Williams opened the scoring, in his return from injury, in a well organised attack on goal. Only to be cancelled out by Knox in the 80th minute.

Disaster struke away to on form side Dunbarton. The trip acroos the water turned sour as Gordon scored 5 with Ian Gallacher adding a sixth for the Divisions new boys. Williams scored twice in a effort to close some of the gap but not much else can be taken from the game.

Goals Goals.............Well 2 Anyway

Another Clan night and another session where finding the back of the net seems to be an impossible task for my team.

We opened up with a home game against Dumbarton in a match where fortunately their strikers finishing was as poor as mine. The match finished 0-0 and if we had played all night it would still have been 0-0.

Game 2 was an away trip to Links Park and Montrose We conceded after 22 mins and knowing that my lads still didn't know where the goals were defeat was a certainty, and yes we lost 0-1.

Game 3 saw us entertain Elgin City and shockerooonie we scored........not once but twice, with a sound defence that has only concede 2 goals in 5 league matches Gretna managed to secure their 1st league win of the season 2-0.

Onwards & Upwards as they say.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Archived