The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 21/07/03

Dear Supporters,

Due to a recent scouting mission I left my assistants in charge for our games against East Stirlingshire and Queens Park and I returned a happy man with their work.

Visiting Ross Turpie’s East Stirlingshire always presents a difficult game, but we ran out comfortable 4-2 winners with what looked a solid performance. Two goals from Les Ferdinand propelled him back into first team contention and precision strikes from Philip Scott and Danny Lennon ensured victory. The only down point was the sending off of Neal Clague for a late tackle, a decision that I’m told was very harsh indeed.

With my deputies doing such a good job, I was also delighted to hear that the continued their winning form with a 4-1 win over Gary Toner’s Queens Park. However the news that Smith dislocated his shoulder and will be out for two months somewhat soured my return from my spying trip.

I returned to the hot seat in time for our visit to Jim Hastie’s Gretna, and was looking to make club history by winning our sixth game on the trot.

Gretna clearly had other plans and it took a fine point blank save from Marriot to deny Stein from 4 yards. Clague eased my concerns by heading us a goal up in his trademark fashion, but we passed up a golden opportunity when Greilich fired his penalty over the bar. With time slipping away, we desperately needed a second goal to kill the game and Stephen Schumacher, who has been in fine form, punted a long ball forward for Brian Deane to head home. However once again our victory came at a price as Neil Murray will be out for 3 months with shin splits.

With injuries to Kyle, Miller, Nicholas, Murray, Holloway and Smith, much of our first team was absent for the visit of Chris Nicol’s East Fife. The Fifers have been enjoying a decent run of form lately which has seen them move into forth spot in the league. With so many second choice players on the pitch it came as little surprise to see us struggle, with East Fife creating some excellent chances to sneak a win. However the dull match ended in a 0-0 stalemate and I was somewhat disappointed that we failed to get enough shots on target despite getting into good positions.

We went into the game against Elgin City heavy favourites as top of the league took on bottom. Deane opened the scoring with just 2 minutes on the clock and when he knocked Clague’s cross into the net for 2-0, a rout was in the making. Deane was gifted his hat trick after a poor clearance from the Elgin keeper and Clague made it 4-0 by capping our win on 90 minutes.

With the transfer window about to reopen I’ll be looking at the transfer situation closely in an attempt to improve an already quality squad. I’ve already secured the signature of young Michael Husbands, and midfielder from Aston Villa, and I hope to have more news regarding the transfer situation in our next issue.

Enjoy the game!

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half way through the season and Peterhead sit proudly in second spot in the Scots Division 2.

The squad looks like its has the depth in numbers to sustain the good form, although there has been a few bad results of late!!

The 7-0 defeat to Killie was the biggest defeat i have ever taken in CM, what a fecking Hit. I also took a bad 4-1 loss to hamilton which threatened to take the wheels off the Peterhead promotion bound wagon. Good wins over promotion rivals Alloa and Forfar have placed the Blue toon back up where they aspire to be.

Tonights session see's a tough away day to Stevies inspired Albion Side. Like a wee terrier they have been hanging on the Peterhead trouser leg and sit just off the pace in 4th. A win for us will put a severe dent in bods promotion aspirations where as a win for him puts him in the melting pot. Alot to play for indeed!!!

Kevin Byers joins from forfar in what could be the final piece in the jigsaw. Outstanding for forfar and with the best average rating in the division, dogs could have killed two birds with one stone. Byers has taken forfar up to the echelons of the div 2 and without him forfar should start to falter. So a bit of dogged business by the dogmeister.

Looking forward to see how EP5 and Scots Clan works. The game has been stable the past two sessions, alot has to be said for the Host efforts in keeping the Scots Clan alive, kicking and smooth.

A hosta job is a thankless task you know icon_wink.gif

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

We shoving on EP5 then?

Finally some decent manager of the month choices. icon_rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just cos it picked me twice, nothing wrong with it. It the one part of the game I actually win so I hope its not changed to much. And anyway it’s not based on purely on if you have won all your games, but how you have progressed in these games.

Hey Gretna must be due one with there current form.

Sav.

Lads remember it’s the 14mb Ep5 patch we want.

Guest sav112

Tell me Turps does not want us to download the data patch and reinstall the whole game? I just installed the 14mb upgrade version of ep5, not the 47mb one??????

Sav.

### THE EAST STIRLING TARDIS ###

Tardis.gif

So we are way back in time and the replay due to the corrupt save has been a success as Dr Turps and his East Stirling Dalieks replayed the lost games with mixed fortunes but on the whole did ok recording some points and staying in contention for the 2nd promotion spot. The squad badly needs some experience tho and some seasoned Pro's will be joining shortly in a bid to strengthen and push in the 2nd half of the season. The league is very exciting and compact as any of the other teams are capable of going up with runaway leaders Stirling albion.

18.10.03 Dumbarton 0 EAST STIRLING 1

We lost this one last time so nae luck Kenneth change the frequancy SONS!

25.10.03 EAST STRILING 2 Montrose 1

A great home win which was even the more sweater as we lost badly last time! yipeeeeeeeeeeeee....

1.11.03 Elgin City 2 EAST STIRLING 2

A point gained away is pleasing as especially as we were narrowly defeated befroe the crash. We should have really won this one tho as Murray was AWOL again and scraped a last min equalizer jammy ****!

8.11.03 Stirling 4 EAST STIRLING 2

Gutted we owned runaway leaders Stirling in the last encounter 2-1 but they showed their true class when the game was replayed.....

22.11.03 Cowdenbeath 4 EAST STIRLING 0

Bah we drew this one last time so a point lost to an injury ravaged Beath side pfft!

26.11.03 EAST STIRLING 1 Queens Park 2

Another loss that was won last time. Spiderz are hot fav;s for promotion tho and they gave us a real hard game.

29.11.03 EAST STIRLING 2 Morton 0

A great win and carbon copy of the last encounter, chuck it now Coisty! its a pure sin what yer doing to that team man!

13.12.03 EAST STIRLING 5 Dumbarton 0

They were owned last time and we did even better this time. Its official the Sons of the Rock do not Rock! and are not so mighty...they are sh¡t!

So we are now with EP5 so fingers crossed the good progress at Shire can be mirrored in the gameplay and finally show that CM4 is the 'finished' article....... icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest sav112

That’s it am kicking his arse, either that or I’m watching a 45.1mb download and a 35 min wait and the time involved with re-installing the whole game. lol

Sav.

Dumbarton Have Just Been Named The Most Pish Team On The Planet. (And No-one Can Argue With That).

It is just a matter of time before the vultures are circling the stadium, ready to feed of the scraps.

I'll not bored you with the match reports cos basically they are

Dumbarton Played Pish ... The Other Team Deserved The Points

So As This Could Be My Last Post As Dumbarton Manager, I'll Like To Wish Everyone Good Luck For The Future But Bugger That, I'll Be Back!!!

The Spiders Web

This weeks edition brings some good news and some bad news, the good news would be the signing of Yassir Bashir on a free transfer from Oslo Ost, the bad is unfortunatly Yassir's debut was marred when we found out he will be out for 2 months with back strain or something like that.

We start of the review with a home tie, the oppenants being Elgin City a McAdam opener on the 17th minute mark was followed up 10 minutes later when a wonderfully crafted out goal from none other than Eddie Annand found the back of the net, McAdam added to the tally 10 minutes into the second half to make it 3 and Johann Porhallsson added the 4th 3 minutes from time to tie up the 3 points in a 5 star performace.

Queens Park 4 - 0 Elgin

On the road to Forthbank to take on Title Favourites Stirling Albion, even without their manager who was on a extended "Scouting" Mission Stirling were a handful as Ferdinand,Lennon and Deane all contributed to the scoreline to give Stirling a comfortable victory.

Stirling 4 - 0 Queens Park

Still on the road and once again playing a Stirling side, this time however it was East Stirling and the venue was Firs Park in Falkirk, Snee opened the scoring for the homeside on the 10th minute mark only to be undone by Chris Burke's equliser just after the half hour. East Stirling had the better of the chances but failed to convert a penalty just after half time which would have probably secured them 3 points however it wasn't to be as a last minute little dink over the keeper by Steven McAdam sent the spiders fans home happy.

East Stirling 1 - 2 Queens Park

We were back at Hampden as we looked to build on last week's close win over East Stirling when we faced a rather depleted Cowdenbeath side, None the less we had a job to do and we did it in style The Usual suspects Eddie Annand, Johann Porhallsson added to Steven McAdam's Hat-trick to endure more pain on the Cowdenbeath faithful.

Queens Park 5 - 0 Cowdenbeath

It's that time of year again, you know the one the first round of the Scottish Cup the gods looked kindly on us as we were paired with non league side Annan Athletic although you can never take things for granted in football. I fielded a pretty much full strenght side with the exceptions of David Marshall who is ineligble and rested Eddie Annand, who else but McAdam would open the scoring and that he did in the 7th minute from a great piece of play down the left hand wing from Johann Porhallsson to set up McAdam, McAdam added to his tally in the 68th minute with Chris Burke hitting one home in between all that was left was for Jardine of Annan to slot home a own-goal and that wrapped up the win and see's Queens Park progress to the next round where we will play the mighty Airdrie Utd.

Scottish Cup 1st Rnd - Annan 0 - 4 Queens Park

Back to league business and back to Hampden as we welcomed East Fife to the spiders lair, Once again Steven McAdam opened the scoring before Johann Porhallsson added to the tally 10 minutes later and from there on in it was game set and match, the game was slighty marred by Chris Burke's needless foul which resulted in a red card but all 3 points stay at Hampden and Queens Park extended their lead in 2nd place.

Queens Park 2 - 0 East Fife

Gary Toner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

That’s it am kicking his arse, either that or I’m watching a 45.1mb download and a 35 min wait and the time involved with re-installing the whole game. lol

Sav.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sav you dont half talk some písh!!

With Williams very much back in the main frame at Cappilow, performances seemed to get better. New signing Darren Sheriden seems like a very hard worker in midfield and cut through opposition as if they were all East Stirling.

Queens Park vs The Mighty Ton

This was a tightly fuaght battle with the Hampden side wanting to take there home points, and took the early advantage with Lee tucking away a shot from an awckward angle. This was however cancelled out by Williams taking a shot and ball rebounding of the Spiders keeper only to land at Notmans feet to send the ball home. score ended 1-1

Elgin vs The Mighty Ton

Another away league game on the cards against lowly Elgin City. The first half was a relentless attack from Morton with Super Williams adding two to his tally. But in the second half Sheriden lost his cool and went in with two feet on a hapless Elgin Midfielder and was given his early shower orders. Elgin took full advantage of this and pulled back 2 from McGready to wrap it up as a draw. game ended 2-2

Forfar vs The Mighty Ton

Scottish Cup duty took the blue and white hoops to visit Forfar on a cold and wet winters day. Not much happened during this game except for Tons Goodman scored after a deflectionof a forfar Defender. Through to next round after a dreach game in Dreach conditions. 0-1 to Morton

The Mighty Ton vs Stirling

Confident Ally Shaw came to Cappilow in the knowlwedge that he had humiliated us in every game since the clan began. But no more as the Morton player had enough and ran rings around the stone faced Stirling rejects who just happen to be leading in the league. Boylan scored twice and Williams finished the day off to make the score 3-0

East Fife vs The Mighty Ton

After this game the Fifers Keeper should be awarded the jkey to the city after a dazzling display of keeping Williams in particular from equalising after Gilbert took the lead for the home side late in the first half. Score ended 1-0 to the battling Fifers.

Wondered what you guys thought about going back to EP3 since EP5 is a pile of sh1te?

### EAST STIRLINGSHIRE FOOTBALL CLUB.....THE DAWN OF EP5 ###

We patched EP5 last night and although there was initial sceptism, the session was smooth and enjoyable. Some of the guys have some conflicts,that are mostly superficial, but some bugs have ben fixed and the gameplay was better with no crashes to report. The Shire continue to blow hot and cold however and the intorducction of EP5 has not done anything for the tactics we have been using so a radical new system was introduced which proved fruitfull in the later of the sessions games. We managed about half a dozen games last night which is about the norm and nealry all the lost data has now been played. The new year (2004) saw the transfer window open up and some much needed experience has joined the squad to add strenghth and depth to the 2nd half of the season.

Players that joined included David Hannah the experienced midfield anchorman on a free from Ross County, Defender Stewart Balmer and Striker Graeme Jones on frees from Boston Utd. The flying pig also joined from Q.O.S as well as veterans Brian Reid from Falkirk and playmaker Paul Harvey from Airdrie. Young Lee Norton looks a great young technical player from Newcastle UTD as does Allan Creer signed from Livvy for our club record 2k! Players out included GK Michael Atie and Paul Kane to Queens Park for 6k and Alex Martin, Gary McCulloch, Sean McAuley and Graham McGhee for 1k to rival 3rd division clubs. All these players were descent and could do a job at this level but the squad needed trimming and any transfer revenue was greatly appreciated as the clubs finances are still in a precarious state. Dean Cooper was our biggest sale yet, he moved to Macclsfield fro 20k. The talented left sided forward had failed to maka a regular slot in the ES side and on behalf of all at Shire we wish him luck in his new carear down south.

20.12.03 Gretna 1 EAST STIRLING 0

There is a new ugly force in Scottish football, an evil that is so horrible and threatning that rival gaffers are starting to feer the new horror. The 90th minute freekick that won the game for 'we only sing when were winning' Hastie compiled utter misery for Shire after being robbed of a valuable point....aaaaargh!

26.12.03 EAST STIRLING 0 East FIfe 2

A terrible result considering we were at home. The once dependable system of late was not performing witht he new EP5 so a fresh new approch would need to be implemented as the lack of crreativity and chances were not going to win any football matches...oh and we hate East Fife they are Sh¡t!

3.1.04 EAST STIRLING 5 Dalbeattie Star 0

A great home win in the 2nd round of the cup put plucky Star to the sword as Shire shon throughout the 90 minutes. A good brace from Marv Robinson and golas from 'smudger' and 'Mabozza' compiled thee misery for the non-league side. A 3rd round tie at home against East Fife was the reward.

7.1.04 Montrose 2 EAST STIRLING 2

A late Steven McConologue strike denied the Shire all 3 points although any point away from home, especially to a big club like Montrose was much appreciated. 2 first half strikes from Leon Osman and Paul 'mabozza' Ritchie ensured Shire's control of the whole match as he cooly headed home in the 2nd half forcing the gable Endies to battle back from behind.

10.1.04 EAST STIRLING 4 Elgin City 0

New Elgin gaffer Sy got a real Clan lesson on his 1st vist to Firs Park as his pants were well and truly pulled down and his botty spanked 4-0. Marvelous Marvin Robinson inflicted the damage with a superb hat-trick in a man of the match performancee leaving gaffer Turps well chuffed.

14.1.04 EAST STIRLING 2 Cowdenbeath 0

Sav's Cowden Family showed no Sav as they were steamroller'd 2-0 at a wet Firs Park. Jamie 'smudger' Smith opened the scoring after a mazy run thru the heart of the Beath defence. Veteran wing back ANdy Legg pounced on a loose ball to slot home in the 2nd half cross to bag the 3 points for the Shire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey Jim, I'm gonna whoop yer azz, don't blame the testers OK <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who was quoted as saying that last night on mirc?

Answers on a postcard to............ icon_razz.gif

Greeting Gretna......The Comeback

EP5 raised its overdue appearance last night and despite some cosmetic quirks the game functioned with no crashes. On the field of play my lads finally started to be competitive after a back to basics reassessment of my tactics.

Game 1

The mouthy manager of The Shire were the 1st visitors to my humble abode and the usual goading followed, that guy blows so much hot air that I'm thinking of seeing if we can register him as a new source of energy. icon_biggrin.gif In a match totally dominated by Gretna we managed to ensure that The Shire never even had a shot on target, unfortunately their goalie was having a stormer and 0-0 looked likely, that was until the 90th minute when a 25yd free-kick was awarded to Gretna, cometh the hour cometh the man and in Beckhamish style it was planted in the top corner by Robinson. Gretna 1 The Shire 0

Game 2

Was a trip to high flying Queen's Park in a tight game the teams were seperated by a piece of magic with a goal from the halfway line. We battled and edged the 2nd half but a loss it was. Queen's Park 2 Gretna 0

Game 3, 4 & 5

A triple bill of fixtures against Dumbarton followed. The opening game was a Isthm.... sorry Scottish Cup tie at The Rock and despite leading twice a draw was the result. Back at our patch another tight battle ensued but victory in a 5 goal thriller was Gretna's. The final meeting of the trilogy saw us once again entertain The Sons and this time it was more comfortable and another victory.

SC - Dumbarton 2 Gretna 2

SC Replay - Gretna 3 Dumbarton 2

League - Gretna 3 Dumbarton 0

Game 6

A trip to East Fife was the final game of the night with the Fifers having won 4 games in a row, sadly I was asked to leave the stadium early on but the boys played out of their skin without me and we inflicted a stunning defeat on the high flying Fifers.

East Fife 2 Gretna 3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

The mouthy manager of _The Shire_ were the 1st visitors to my humble abode and the usual goading followed, that guy blows so much hot air that I'm thinking of seeing if we can register him as a new source of energy. icon_biggrin.gif In a match totally dominated by Gretna we managed to ensure that _The Shire_ never even had a shot on target, unfortunately their goalie was having a stormer and 0-0 looked likely, that was until the 90th minute when a 25yd free-kick was awarded to Gretna, cometh the hour cometh the man and in Beckhamish style it was planted in the top corner by Robinson. _Gretna 1 The Shire 0_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol that the 1st time u beat me in 1 and a half seasons Jimbo! I luv it when u get all magnanimous it really turns me on icon_razz.gif

Mr Mouthy icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

magnanimous<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wooooooooooooooooo big words, been reading a dictionery lately.

I read one once, couldn't follow the story but at least it explained every word. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

on the contrary my dear Jimbo, one cannot help if he is fully conversant and likes to indulge ones literary erudition..... icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Are you a Thistle fan too? icon_biggrin.gif

Al

all thistle fans come from possil, except for one black neck scroat who like the criminals deported to Australia in the 19th century, has been relocated outwith scottish borders.

This character will remain anon, but he lives on an island famous for a TT race icon_wink.gif

EP5 was met with cheers but was quickly followed up with WTF's as the competitions were knackered. But on we pressed as there were games to play and managers to ridicule.

First up was Sav, as his 3rd placed Cowdenbeath came to New Bayview looking to take 3 points. Fans favourite and usually reliable Michael Hall was sent off for us after just 20 minutes with the score at 0-0. Up step Kenny "On the Heid" Deuchar to wrap home 5 goals and have his double hat trick ruled out for a offside decision called to stop me from talking about 7-0 for weeks. Dave Clarkson also nipped in with a goal. David Moss was later sent off for sorry Beath but it made little difference as all the goals had been scored.

Next up was away match to East Stirling, I went back to our 4-5-1 despite Gaz humping us as I felt it did the biz v Montrose and Stirling. And it certainly did here. ES were reduced to shots from distance while Shand got a simple header and Deuchar got clean through on goal, neither missed and we bolted it fae Turps' gaff 3 points the richer.

I would like to welcome Martin Grant to the club from Glenrothes. Martin is a pacy right winger with a smart cross I want him to plant on Kenny D's head as often as possible. We also tell Johnny Walker and Scott Bannerman to **** off due to the fact that they are smeg.

Non League Cove Rangers were coming for the "Scottish Cup". It was tempting to play my new signings and some youngsters to blood them but in the end my hatred for anything Rangers shone through and I fielded a strong side. What a cringe, we went ahead early on as planned through a lovely Grondin striker but was shocked to see Cove strike back. The half ended with a gammy Gilbert goal which we only managed to hang on to in the 2nd half. Not the best of performances at all.

“1st Division side†Greenock Morton were next to travel to New Bayview. Jim Butter asked if we would let the defence fold up so he could show off some of his wonder saves and the defence were quite happy to do this. Morton controlled the game until we decided to get a goal on half time through Gordon Gilbert. Pete Abraham was seen pulling his hair out as Butter looked good enough to follow in the footsteps of the great Hibs goalies up until the duff Gottskalkson. FT EF 1 Morton 0.

So 4 games 4 wins. Could we possibly make it a 100% session for the first time since I joined the clan? Gretna stood in our way, I was a little wary as Jim had his boys on a rise and we hadn’t been firing on all cylinders in our last couple of games but I was sure home advantage would prevail. Obviously I was stunned to see bloody Gretna go 3-0 up and had to change things around. We pulled 2 back but it was not enough.

Despite making 3rd spot our own and winning 4/5 games I cannot help but think what if. QP are likely to pull clear now and as I haven’t been quite so active in the transfer market there is a good chance we could fall once again into mid table obscurity.

East Fife are sh!te eh Rosco?

Mibbies aye, Mibbies noo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

magnanimous<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wooooooooooooooooo big words, been reading a dictionery lately.

I read one once, couldn't follow the story but at least it explained every word. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who let the A-RS-E IN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

all thistle fans come from possil, except for one black neck scroat who like the criminals deported to Australia in the 19th century, has been relocated outwith scottish borders.

This character will remain anon, but he lives on an island famous for a TT race icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two posts fom Dogs in the same week......Should we be honoured icon_smile.gif

lol Alan where u been hiding? we havny seen hide nor hair of u since u started ur petty and ill-informed lunchtime radio footie show icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Allan btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abe Lenstra:

Haha! Well done keeping the Scottish Clan alive into CM4! icon_cool.gif

Is it as fun as CM3 (CM 01-02)?

Seems you lost all the Continental Players, eh? icon_wink.gif

I haven't had time to read the whole thread but i will try to get up to speed with what you guys have been up to!

Rob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ethnic cleansing wahey icon_biggrin.gif

The Northern Scot Sport

LEVEL START FOR BLACK & WHITES NEW BOSS

Elgin City put on a brave face at the last session with the sad, sad news that Murray Etherington has retired due to other commitments. The man given the daunting task of dragging the Black and whites off the bottom of the table is local man Simon Lynn.

Simon, 24, from Aberdeen stated his desire to see Elgin where they belong "I believe that with a little luck and alot of getting down to business can help pull us off the bottom" He stated at the weekend press conference "We need to pull together and make a few signings but i believe its will be mostly tactical and training changes that need to be made the most, WE CAN DO IT" He later quipped.

Elgin 2-0 Cowdenbeath

Lynn's first game in charge saw him at home against 4th placed Cowdenbeath with cowdenbeath struggling to put together passes and finish off chances the morale boosted B&W's put in a good shift with WHITMARSH scoring a header and BAILEY following up with a superb strike from the edge of the box. A good start for sure.

East Stirling 4-0 Elgin City

Away from home and the lads looked woeful and at times totally outclassed the defence didnt see ROBINSON before the game and a doubt they seen him during it as he walked all over them and bagged himself a hat trick former dark side player (Aberdeen) Paul Bernard added a free kick to rub it in even more, as Simon was "Spanked" by Turps team of multi signings.

Transfer News

Kris Myles was sent packing back to Albion as they welcomed in new signings McCulloch from East Stirling, Leon Mike from Aberdeen and solid defender Bjarnason from a lower league club in Iceland. Good things are expected of these guys so hopefully they can deliver the goods on the pitch.

Simon has a lot to do but will hopefully get a chance to get more in depth at his first full session on monday night.

SY

Guest sav112

Hi, Sy it was you that was playing on Thursday, I didn’t have a clue who you were till I read Goldenwallsballs posted notes on the game, that’s better for a minute there I thought had lost my first match to some complete stranger. Why Sy and not Goldenballs on the IRC?

Here I see you got shafted by East Stirling, no shame in that but just wait till you hit Stirling. I think it would be easier just to whip down the trousers and take ten of the best from behind Woof Woof than play them because basically both ways your F*cked. icon_biggrin.gif

Sav.

sav

sorry you didnt know twas me, im not scared o nae one apart from meetin turps in real life!! killie pie smell!!! woo! I have a shi@e load of work to do to get the team organised but it can be done and it looks like im gonna be putting dumbarton on the ass of the table!!

I dont know how to chang my name on this stupid forum som i think im screwed.!! might just change to goaldenballs on irc

See ya monday

The Spiders Web

On a Sunday?? your damn skippy it's up tonight icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SPIDERS COMPLETE TREBLE SIGNING

By James Traynor

Reports flooding out of Hampden this evening are of Queens Park's completion of transfer targets Paul Kane, Michael Atai and Andrew Marriot for an undisclosed fee, The Daily ****** also understands Paul Keegan of Leeds will be joining up with the squad on loan until the end of the season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What can i say the reports are correct and we at Queens Park are delighted to welcome the Experince of Paul Kane and Andrew Marriot to the squad, we also believe that young Michael Atai has all the potenial to be one of the best goalkeepers in the league. We are also delighted to welcome Paul Keegan albiet on loan until the end of the season.

Hampden Park was the venue, Morton were the oppentants and a close game it was. Danny Lee opened the scoring in the first half from a wonderfully crafted goal before Notman of Morton equlised to take share of the spoils back to Greenock.

Queens Park 1 - 1 Morton

Born again Gretna came to the National Stadium full of expections and with their recent form you could see the confidence was riding high, it took a Jon Ostemobor spectacular effort from just over the halfway line to open the scoring to open up the scoring, Steven McAdam added to the tally 3 minutes later to seal all 3 points in a tough game.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Gretna

Scottish Cup Second Round day and the newly formed Airdrie United were the oppentants as we travelled to New Broomfield in hope of clinching a 3rd round berth and catching one of the big boys. Johann Porhallsson opened the scoring when he jinked past two defenders and slotted the ball home just after the half hour mark all that hardwork was to be undone no more than ten minutes later by a superb shot by Jerome Vareille left Andrew Marriot helpless in his debut for the club. The 2nd half was a tense affair as no one looked to able to supply a winner and a replay was on the cards until deep into injury time at the end of the game Johann Porhallsson showed some great pace and cool composure to score the winner.

Airdrie 1 - 2 Queens Park

We waited anxiously as the draw was made for the 3rd round with all the prospects for a money spinning tie and finally a chance to get a crack at a big team, As our name was drawn out the hat first we were quietly pleased it was going to be a home tie and the oppenants were going to be none other than SPL side Kilmarnock.

Back to league business and back to Hampden this time however the name on the away sheet was Montrose, who went on to take the early advantage when Jack opened the scoring on the 13th minute not to be outdone it took Queens Park no less than 8 minutes to get back on level terms through a superb goal from Eddie Annand with no further action until the 71st minute when once again that man Eddie Annand slotted the ball home to put Queens Park in the lead, Annand wasn't through however and two minutes from time he added a 3rd for his hat-trick.

Queens Park 3 - 1 Montrose

We travelled north to The Rock to take on Dumbarton, we were hit with bad news even before the game started as we found out Steven McAdam failed a late fitness test however it did lead to the debut of young forward Paul Keegan and what a debut it was where he bagged himself a brace to cancel out Dumbarton's opening goal and Chris Burke added a 3rd however that wasn;t the end of the drama and deep into injury time so Paul Scharner sent off reducing Queens to 10 men and McDonald scoring from the resulting penalty although it was merely a consolation as Queens Park took all 3 points.

Dumbarton 2 - 3 Queens Park

With Queens Park riding high in 2nd place and yours truly the manager of the month the future is looking bright once again for the spiders of Hampden Queens Park.

Gary Toner

Dumbarton Slump Continues.

Another session ends in Dumbarton continuing to slip down the league table.

The next session is just around the corner and at looks like it could be the last of the Dumbarton Manager, Kenny Wilson.

So it is a do or die session tonight. If Dumbarton's form continues to be pish, then we can all say bye bye to Kenny. icon_redface.gif(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Nice the gap has been clawed back to 9 poins between first and second icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not the gap you should be worrying about Gaz icon_razz.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 24/07/03

Dear Supporters,

The introduction of EP5 to the league coincided with a new manager taking the helm of Elgin. I welcome Simon Lynch to the fray and wish him every luck in picking up our scraps in the race for second place.

As I promised in our last issue, the reopening of the transfer window has seen some faces coming and going. Goalkeepers Andy Marriot and Myles Hogarth have joined Queens Park and Dumbarton respectively after falling down the list of my goalkeeping options. Leigh Hales move on to Hyde, while David Arbuckle joins Maryhill Juniors. The players depart with our thanks and their leaving has allowed me to bring two promising young players. Defender David Sullivan arrives from Sunderland and goalkeeper Craig Samson joins us from Hibs. I’m sure both these players will prove to be great signings for the club.

I’ve already highlighted the importance of having a squad big enough, bet even we were stretched for our visit to Kenny Wilson’s Dumbarton. Ian Maxwell will be out for 2 months with groin injury and he joined Smith, Holloway, Kyle, Clague, Murray and Petric on the sick list; however Nicholas was fit enough for a place on the bench.

Wilson has been under fire for his team’s performances recently and even with our injuries we went into the game looking to extend out unbeaten run of 8 games over a Dumbarton side that was 20-1 to cause an upset.

Things were going to plan when Philip Scott fired home with just a minute on the clock, but things went downhill after Les Ferdinand hit the post with a penalty. Donald’s persistence then earned our hosts an equaliser and Shandran was unmarked to send Dumbarton into a shock 2-1 lead.

The introduction of Nicholas gave us an added threat in attack and we were left cursing our luck as his last minute shot was cleared off the line to ensure that we would fall to a staggering defeat.

These kind of slip ups cost us promotion last year and I was determined to bounce back when Sandy Thomson’s Montrose came calling for a Boxing Day cracker. With Smith still injured, Craig Samson made his debut in goals and we welcomed back the prolific Neal Clague to our strike force. Indeed, Clague was to prove the deliverer of our goals, chasing a long ball and firing home to give us the lead and pouncing to make a composed finish in the last minute to seal victory.

We then travelled to Stranraer for our first game of 2004 to do battle in the Tennent’s Scottish Cup 2nd round (also known as the Lower Division Cup to the makers of EP5). A cup run is always a welcome boost to the club’s finances and a comfortable win saw us book our place in the next round. A teasing run and cross from Nicholas saw Clague head in on 5 minutes and when MacLaren was sent off, we moved into cruise control. Miller’s wicked cross was blasted home by Clague and a Kerr own goal during a scramble from a corner kick saw us go three up. Clague then secured his hat trick to make it a 4-0 win and earn us a potentially lucrative game against SPL side Dundee United on the next round.

I’m never quite sure what to expect with Peter Abraham’s Morton, but we had taken three points from our last visit to Cappielow and I was looking to repeat the feat. However we were in for a shock, as Boylan scored within a minute and goals from Williams and another from Boylan left us with a humiliating defeat.

Again I hoped to recover in time for our game against Stewart Robertson’s Cowdenbeath and I was wholly satisfied with our display as we ran out 3-0 winners. A deflected shot from Nicholas fell kindly to Clague for a tap in, and goals from Reid and Dean at corner kicks meant that we picked up three more points

Enjoy the game!

Guest sav112

The Blue Brazil

Morton A 4-2

With Courts out of defence I felt we were always open to letting in goals and with the current form I was pleased we scored twice with knox netting both but the home team played well and bagged four. Will this run ever end. Extensive training will be carried out over the next few weeks to try to get the team playing again. Team moral is at an all time low.

Queen park H 0-1

A close game and a better result even if it was a loss for a team 0-1. Manager Robertson changed back to a system that seems to work. This is now the formation to go with. The manager knows his job is now on the line and things will have to improve.

sav

Just when Things couldn't get any worse, they didn't, infact they got really good!!! Two new additions to Tons defence made things more tight at the back and since the signing of veteran midfielder Darren Sheriden, things have just got better and better.

Session kicked of with a Home game against Cowdenbeath who have been struggling to find any recovery this season since there demotion from Division 2. I have been a bit sceptical of on Loan Notman this season dispite his good stats, but with Sheriden doing most of the hard work behind him he turned into a goal machine and scored his second hattrick of the season and then setting up Super Williams for Tons 4th. In between Knox scored 2 nicely worked counter attacks to give the visitors some conselation and hope for future games. Full time 4-2

Next was a trip to Dumbarton who also are finding life hard in there new dwellings. Finnish Midfielder Uotinen scored his first of the season and Williams finished the day with a superbly converted free kick to bring the points back across the river. 0-2 to the splended Ton.

Cup Duty fallowed with a home tie against Scotlands on English club, Berwick. Notman opened the account for the rampent Ton. But late in the first half McDowell scored a fantastic goal to level the scores. The second half was quiet but Williams sneaked in a on the line goal after Berwicks Keeper made 3 blocks from Notman and Sheriden. 2-1 and a away tie against Partick to fallow.

Last of the session came in the form of Turperoonies East Stirling. Abraham had said some nasty things about Turpies boys in the past, and he was in the right to do so!!! East Stirling played like the girlies they are and stamped there feet and flapped there hands when Williams, Notman and Boylan all took turns in tucking away goals into the visitors net. In all honesty, the score should of been a much larger account but The Ton took pitty on the greeting East Stirling fans and left it as a goal each for the main strikers. Shame what such a bad manager can do to a team.

icon_biggrin.gif Revenge is sweet!!!

The northern Scot Sport

AWAY FORM PUNISHING ELGIN

Another session another day at the bottom of the third division, out of all cups, 120k in the red and less than 7k to spend on "new" players i can now relate to former table propper JIM of Gretna as to his comments earlier in the forum of "move along now nothing to see here"

The session got off to an incredibly slow start and continued that way due to the transfer window reopening, this allowed for Elgin to bring in a few more players namely craig wilson from devronvale and lorne gibson from some pub team. Welcome both lads to the club as i feel they have what it takes to play in the lower divisions (stupidity)

ELGIN 1-0 QUEENS PARK

Queens manager Gary should have beaten half his team in the dressing room as the match was ALLQueens Park thinking I was in for another "spanking" i closed my eyes and headed for the Gin only to have wonder forward "wonder as in i wonder why he doesnt score alot" striker Alan Bailey popped up in the 83 minute rising like a limp cod to stick the ball in the back of the net. My comiserations for Gary never have i before seen a match that the other manager really deserved to win.

GRETNA 2-0 ELGIN

Once again the away form hoodoo strikes and we can even get near goal on foriegn soil. The resurgent Gretna looking at ease against us as manager Jim sat back in his relaxing chair and smoked a large cigar (cuban i think) The defeat was accepted by the players as soon as the hapless steve soley spooned a penalty wide calls of "Bulls ass" and "banjo" were heard from the ELGIN bench.

ELGIN 0-2 EAST FIFE

Lynn had maintained a good home form since his arrival that was until the visit of east fife. It was boys against men as only the young Alex(Harry) Potter shone dimly on the pitch with a 25 yard shot of the stantion. We might be a better quiditch team than a football team after this result. Mcbride had a Mare scoring an OG in the process and EF deucher wrapped it up late in the game in with we raley threatend.

managers comments

Its going to take a lot longer to sort out this team they lack motivation and basic skills but they are now training hard and a switch in defence might just sort them out as were as loose as Gordon Browns spending and we need to be as tight as a mermaid ars@. Till the next session Good luck and any donation are gratefully recieved. icon_rolleyes.gif

So a brilliant run last session seen us leap into a good 3rd spot. This session didn’t quite start the same way though as we visited The Rock. That is exactly what Dumbarton’s defence was like as well as we found it impossible to penetrate and we didn’t even manage a shot on goal. The game would have been 0-0 had it not been for a wonder strike in the first 10 minutes from John Rushford, who? Exactly!

East Fife v Montrose. Cue the greatest game of CM4. Montrose go 3-0 up at fortress New Bayview, I’m crapping it much like I was v Gretna, I haul on recent signing Alex Martin. The supersub grabs 2 goals with his first 2 touches and we are back in it. Then Kenny D equalises and its game on. Gilbert gets in the box only to get hacked down and it’s a pen. With Martin Lee off Kenny D steps up……the keeper saves and hits it over the bar. Then Montrose come foraward again calling Jim Butter to pull off his best saves. Injury time and Chris Conway sends the ball upfield towards Alex Martin, he shapes to shoot but then passes to the free Kenny D who slots it home for the most memorable win ever. Awesome!!

Away to East Stirling for the Scorttish Cup (or Lower Division as it seems to be called). We have had the rub of the green against ES of late and I was hoping it would continue here. East Stirling had all the early chances and managed to take one of them after a smashing free kick curled powerfully passed butter. With Grondin, Jorgenson both missing from the squad and Martyn Lee starting on the bench it was a bit of a makeshift midfield but they got themselves together to start pushing forward. We got a corner which Allison whipped in and Chris Conway pounced on to get his first goal for the club and that was 1-1 at half time. The 2nd half was all the Fifers and it was little surprise to see Michael Hall expertly convert a accurate cross from lee which we managed to hold on to to send us into the 4th round where we will travel to Somerset Park to play Ayr Utd.

I was pretty shocked to beat Rosco, mainly because I was away from home so I went into the away match to bottom side Elgin looking to hold out for a draw. To my delight and Sy’s misfortune I saw us go a goal up through a silly own goal by McBride, who later completed his misery by going off injured. We didn’t change our plan and ended up adding a 2nd through Div 3’s topscorer Kenny D in injury time.

Now just 4 points behind Queens Park and with a couple more players in for squad depth we have to be trying to push for 2nd in the last third of the season.

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 28/07/03

Dear Supporters,

To quote Bruce Forsyth, “Points mean prizes†and this is the ethos that we need to follow to ensure that we are taking home a “Brucie Bonus†of our own this season. Two recent defeats have left me far from happy as it is essential to maintain our room at the top and keep the rest of the pack squabbling over second place.

Therefore, what better demonstration of our strength could there be than an emphatic win over the East Stirlingshire side of veteran gaffer Ross Turpie. Even when Gordon Petric was given his marching orders on 20 minutes for being the last man, we looked vastly superior to our rivals and when Neal Clague found the net during a goalmouth scramble; the opportunity was there to give our fans something to shout about. A second goal came when Clague latched on to Mortimer’s through ball before firing home but a Robinson screamer into the far corner saw out guests pull one back. However Clague was in irresistible form and he crowned his hat trick by striking home from range and added a fourth when he headed in Mortimer’s cross from a free kick.

With the convincing win under our belts, we travelled to our closest rivals in the league; the Queens Park of Gary Toner. Reid’s horror own goal got us off to a sloppy start, but Nicholas sneaked in to pull us level and Mortimer’s screamer from the edge of the box gave us a 2-1 win and propelled us 15 points clear at the top. I must pay tribute to Mortimer, who even in his mid thirties has bossed the midfield and is a constant source of ammunition for our attacking line.

I’ll be honest. I don’t have much time for anyone who wears a baseball cap with a suit and it was with a wry smile that I shook the hand of Ian McCall after our fabulous victory in the Tennent’s Scottish Cup 3rd Round. Good game, good game as Bruce would say.

Not many would have expected us to triumph over the SPL side at Tannadice, but the Tangerine defence simply couldn’t cope with a weaving run from Nicholas, and his efforts created space for an unmarked Kyle to head in the cross from close range. United then gifted us another as Duff bundled the ball into his own net. A third goal would kill the tie and I was jumping for joy as Brian Dean rose to nod home the cross from a corner kick. It was a real giant slaying for us, leaving me delighted with the way in which we took our chances against top quality opposition and giving the clubs finances a boost. Sadly, Ian McCall was dismissed immediately after the game, therefore I must tip my baseball cap to him (hoho, get it up ye!). Perhaps the Scottish media would do well to visit Stirling to see who the real managerial talent in our leagues is. I am now relishing the contest with the other side of the “New Firm†(pah!) as Aberdeen will be the next club on our cup target list.

With such a giant killing behind us, we went into our game against Jim Hastie’s Gretna in buoyant mood. Brian Deane had a goal chopped off for offside, but when Mortimer was fouled in the box, Greilich stepped forward to blast us in front from 12 yards. Mortimer was then the source of another goal, as Nicholas made it two by scoring from his corner kick and Nicholas capped our win by scoring again on an incisive break away.

Finally, congratulations must go to Neal Clague, who scoops the Bell’s 3rd Division Player of the Month award and not for the first time either. Sadly, neither Bruce nor his bevy of beauties could be here to present the award.

Enjoy the game!

Glorious Gretna

The rise and rise of last seasons whipping boys continues as Gretna have another good session.

Game 1

A trip to Montrose and despite going a goal down we fought back to earn a share of the points despite losing a player with the score at 1-1. We now have the 2nd best away record in the league behind the all conquering Stirling A and a top half finish is within our reach. Montrose 2 Gretna 2

Game 2

New manager Sly, Sy whatever and his Elgin team were our next opponents and although our away record is excellent we have the worst home record in the league. Things are looking up however and with another impressive performance we had a comfertable win. Gretna 2 Elgin 0

Game 3

Did I say impressive performance in our last game, well it's hard to describe our performance in this one against Dundee from the SPL. With only Gretna 1 Dundee 0 after 1 minute, Gretna 2 Dundee 0 after 5 minutes, Gretna 3 Dundee 0 after 16 minutes. The game levelled out after that blistering start but in the end a shockeroonie of a result for the D3 side.

Gretna 3 Dundee 1 a home game against the Forces of Darkness in the 4th round was our reward icon_mad.gif

Game 4

The lads obviously had a bit too much champagne after our cup exploits but we were always unlikely to take anything from our trip to Stirling and that was the case as we lost our 1st game in 8 matches. Stirling 3 Gretna 0

Onwards & Upwards as they say.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Archived