Our Football Club - The Acquisition

M0nk3yFac3

BBC News: Sport: Football10/11/08

Back in 2007, April 27th to be precise was the date when football was set to change with the introduction of MyFootballClub.co.uk. In November of 2008 a deal was secured by MyFootballClub.co.uk to takeover the football club Ebbsfleet United. It became the first and only web-community owned football club with members spanning multiple countries around the world. The members of the website are involved in many of the decisions being made including issues such as having the final say in a transfer of a player to choosing ticket prices.

Over a year on and the idea has spread to enthusiasts Darryl Harland and co who have recently set up a new website entitled OurFootballClub.org.uk. Similar to MyFootballClub.co.uk, the idea in principle to takeover a football club with the fans at the helm. OurFootballClub.org.ukreleased a statement earlier today asking for more people to register an account and the membership process will begin shortly.

----

OurFootballClub.org.uk News – 6/01/09

We would like to welcome you all to the new website, OurFootballClub.org.uk. We would like to firstly announce that the official figure of registered members of OurFootballClub.org.uk has now reached a total of 41,386. We would also like to announce the official date when membership fees will be accepted. The date is the 20/01/09. All registered members will receive an email notifying you of when the membership fees are accepted, we hope you will enrol and help us be the next fan-web based owners of a club.

To find out more about the membership fees, see below:

Membership Fees:

Membership fees will be accepted on the 20/01/09.

You must be a member first // To become a member, register at the top of the website.

The membership fees will be £35 and will need to be renewed every year.

OurFootballClub.org.uk News – 20/01/09

On the first day, over 8000 members have had their membership fees accepted, allowing OurFootballClub.org.uk to raise a massive £300,000. This achievement is hoped to be surpassed in the coming month and all the news will be reported directly back to you.

BBC News: Sport: Football 21/01/09

After the success of MyFootballClub.co.uk, Harland and co set up their equivalent and hoped to boast a similar web-based community owned football club. Yesterday marked the start of membership fees being accepted and Harland states that they have achieved “over £325,000 already”. Not only this but Harland hinted that there was a few competitors up for the position already stating that “a few clubs have made contact, however, I cannot say anymore as nothing is set in stone”.

Many members of the new website have already given in their membership fees, but there are still thousands more people who will potentially send their membership fee in anytime soon.

OurFootballClub.org.uk News – 01/02/09

A new month has dawned and you guys have managed to raise over £500,000. To be precise, a total of 14425 membership fees have now been accepted. Of these 14,425 membership fees received, a total of 10,652 members are from the UK, whilst the other members are from countries from one side of the world to the other, spanning 61 different countries! With the membership enrolment number rising day in and day out, the raised capital isn’t going to stop any time soon.

As stated on the BBC, we have already had numerous approaches from football clubs. We are yet to release any information as to who these clubs are however we assure you, the fellow members of this website will be informed in due course. Thank you for your patients.

Thanks Guys

-----

OurFootballClub.org.uk News – 19/02/09

Membership levels have once again risen to a new milestone, hitting the £625,000 mark. As you may be aware, there have been a number of approaches from multiple football clubs. So who are they you ask? Well, now is the time to find out. Within the hour, you should receive the email detailing you on this information. Please read the interview with SkySports below.

Sky: So what exactly was it that made you set OurFootballClub up?

Harland: Well, back in 2007 there was the conception of MyFootballClub and I, like many others thought the idea behind it was fantastic. So, I followed suit and decided to set up an equivalent hoping to do a similar thing.

Sky: Great! So how many members have signed up and how much money have you raised so far?

Harland: Well, in total, from the beginning we have had over 100,000 members sign up. But, before you try and work out the maths in your head as to how much money we have raised, don’t base it on that figure. Although we have 100,000 members enrol, there has been approximately £625,000 raised, giving us a great opportunity to takeover a club.

Sky: That sure is a lot of money to be raised in such a short period of time. So, as you stated at the end of January, there are clubs who have taken the step to contact you discussing the possibility of a takeover. So, can you now reveal those clubs for us?

Harland: Well, now is the time to release the news, yes. Well, we have various approaches from within the Blue Square Premier Division as well as one from the Blue Square South. There are a total of five clubs who have come to us and the list is as follows.

Up first is that of Fisher from the Blue Square South. Secondly, Woking have approached us. Thirdly, Histon have, fourthly Northwich and finally Grays.

Sky: Five clubs have already approached you? That’s pretty good, congratulations. So, what is your plan now? How are you going to choose which club to takeover?

Harland: Thank you, I am sure the members agree too. Well, with the news out there, there is bound to be much debate amongst those members of the website and I am sure this will be ever present on the forums we have set up. This debate will be a long one as a takeover will not be able to be completed just like that, it takes time. But, it is now that the members will get their chance to be really influential on what team is chosen.

Sky: Ok, so they will have an influential opinion on this, or is there more?

Harland: Well, we plan to host a poll so to speak where by all those involved that have paid a membership fee will get to choose the club they want to takeover and the major talks will start there. However, this poll wont be set up quite yet as there is some other talk with a couple of other clubs too.

Sky: Ok, thanks for the interview Darryl.

Harland: Thank you!

Thanks Spav

SkySports News – 28/02/09

It’s the last day of February and the website OurFootballClub has recently announced the news of two more clubs that are looking to be involved in the websites takeover bid. The two new teams that are added to the list are Lewes and Kidderminster of the BSP. Although the website has only managed to attract the attention of the lower league clubs, the website owners and members alike are delighted with the opportunity they have been given.

With the news of two brand new competitors bidding for a place in OurFootballClub’s history, the website owners announced the surprise official start time of the poll between the seven clubs to start midnight today. The poll will then be closed at midnight of the 20/03/09 and the members’ choice will be given and talks will begin between the website owners and the football club.

OurFootballClub.org.uk - News 02/03/09

How It Works

Recently, as the interest in OurFootballClub has grown, journalists and some of the general public have asked how the website and community members will run the club without a conflict of interest. Well, there is no answer as to how we will be able to run the club without any conflict of interest, there never is a way in football with the fans, board and manager all having different views. But in this case it will be perhaps more difficult. But, we have devised a way to prevent conflict from arising by allowing the members of the website to vote in a democratic way for what they want. They are given options, and the club will follow with what they want after receiving the results of what they want. So, this being said, there is still a question of conflict between the manager and the members. Here, the manager will have to listen to what the members say, take it in to account and go with what they say on most occasions. We plan to introduce the starting XI poll, where the members vote for their first choice starting XI, and the manager will use the member’s choice. However, the manager is still the manager at the end of the day so will still get the final say.

Keep checking back for more info or sign up to the newsletter to receive updates as they are released.

------

I like to have to small-ish updates but try to compact what I need to in to each update as well as keeping a good story going at the same time. There will be twists and turns eventually im sure, I haven't decided on everything and was thinking of an early twist and am questioning whether to put it in. (currently 2 pages in of my word document of updates posted, and I have completed 9 pages of updates ready)

BBC: News: Sport - 12/03/09

OurFootballClub’s Members Takeover

Ten days ago, OurFootballClub announced that seven clubs had asked for takeover talks and that finally, the members would get to vote on what club they want to takeover. So, ten days on from the announcement and over 10,000 people have made their minds up and made their vote. OurFootballClub tells us exclusively that the votes counted have shown that it is a tight contest between ‘three of the seven clubs’. Harland stated, “We cannot give you any official figures of who is top of the polls yet, only that it is between three of the seven clubs at the moment. All of which could change drastically as the member count is far higher than 10,000.” Nothing is ever certain and all could still change yet with the poll closing on the 20/03.

bugger it, I'm going to update again, a bit of a silly time really but anyway. It's just I am enjoying writing this, there is so much getting produced, now onto like my 13th page on word so its going well.

--------

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 21/03/09

Histon or Woking?

The poll closed yesterday night, and the votes have been counted. In the first week, the contest was largely between three teams whilst the other four lagged behind. As the second week went by, the gap got larger, and two teams started to break away. February began and the same thing happened, one team started making a heavy lead and in the end, came out winners of the poll. The final results showed that Histon had won the members vote with a very large percentage even compared to second place Woking. So, we here at OurFootballClub would like tothank you all who were involved in the voting process and to all of the members here at OurFootballClub. Congratulations!

Team: HISTON

League: BSP

Stadium: The Glassworld Stadium

Estimated Value: £320k

Talks will start next week and we hope to update you with all the good news yet to come.

----

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 24/03/09

Board of Members

The announcement of the takeover talks of Histon football club leads on to another new announcement. Now that we have begun talks with the club, we will need a selection of members who will be known as the OurFootballClub’s Board of Members. The board of members will be constructed of six to seven members of whom will act as a board who will help act as a ‘middle man’ between the community and the club staff and much more. For example, they will be the ones who decide on the options to give to the members of OurFootballClub when a decision is needed to be made. If you are interested in this position, sign up now and we will send you an email informing you on this position in more detail. Voting for this will start in a couple of days, so you need to be quick for this position as well as dedicated to its cause.

----

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 03/04/09

OurFootballClub Board Of Members

After a week of voting, 7 members have been selected after receiving the most votes and will now be part of the ‘OurFootballclub’s Board of Members’. All six members have received an email notifying them of their position as part of the board of members. Congratulations goes out to: M.Whitehouse(England), K.Dixon(England), S.Stevens(England), C.Ditherly(Ireland), L.Silva(Spain), M.Fedoseev(Russian, living in England) [Due to be changed] and tenthreeleader who will lead the board.

Takeover Talks Mini Update

Back on the 21st, we announced the final members’ decision on which club you wanted to takeover. Histon came out top, and takeover talks begin a few days later. So, how’s it going? Well, currently talks are going well however there is still a lot to talk about. Nothing is going to be completed quickly as it is a long process. We will keep you up to date.

----

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 11/04/09

First of all, the takeover talks are still going strong. After the successful voting process in which you, the members, voted for talks to begin with Histon, everything has gone smoothly so far…

BBC News

Are the talks so steady?

After the OurFootballClub website was setup, thousands of members flocked to sign up. Within months, the website had thousands of members from multiple countries in the world and a massive amount of capital had been raised. Last month, the website released information on interested clubs in the websites idea and soon after the members were given their first taste of what’s to come by getting to vote on the first major decision. After many days of voting, the poll revealed that Histon were favourites amongst the members to be taken over. From this, talks have begun and are “progressing along nicely” according to Harland.

However, from sources surrounding the takeover we have learnt that OurFootballClub’s owner and current owner of Histon cannot come to a decision of the value of the club. It is said to be valued at £320k, however Histon Chairman Baldwin thinks otherwise and an agreement has not yet been arranged.

OurFootballClub.org.uk - News 01/05/09

Takeover Complete

The prolonged takeover talks between Histon have finally come to end. A fairy tale end where by an agreement over the value of the club has been made. The takeover will go through on the 4th of this month, and then you, we, us, will have ourselves our very own football club!

BBC News:

OurFootballClub Make A Mark In the History of Histon

The agreement has been finally settled between OurFootballClub and Histon Chairman Baldwin after long discussions over the value of the club. After the final meeting today, Baldwin said “We thank you, the fans and of course those at OurFootballClub.org.uk for their patience in the final few days of the takeover. I wish you all the best of luck in this acquisition.” The final agreement came to a close when the agreement was finally made on the value of the club. It is said that OurFootballClub paid in excess of £475,000 in order to acquire the 75% majority share of the Blue Square Premier side Histon. Lucky for the new owners is that the club are currently debt free and are currently able to pay all wage costs.

Cheers Ian,

Something short for everyone.

OurFootballClub.org.ukNews 02/05/09

Members state their ambition after the Takeover of Histon

“I joined up on the first day when the website was created by Darryl. I saw the success of its predecessor so to speak and thought this would be a fantastic opportunity to get involved. With the takeover finally completed, I hope that us members can take the club up and up.” – CAFCIan75 from Kent.

“I am from Australia and I paid my £35 membership fee about a month ago and I am so delighted to be able to be apart of the decision making at the club, even though I am a million miles away” Karl Kennedy – from Ramsey Street – Australia.

“I love how we will get a say in all the goings on at the club, from issues like ticket prices to friendly fixtures to which players we will buy. Fantastic!” Spav.

“My ambition may be unrealistic, for now, but I would love to see Histon go all the way to the premier league” Tubey84, Liverpool

“I come from around Histon and have always been a follower since I was a little boy. I signed up here months ago and when I saw Histon were one of the contenders, I sure knew who I would vote for. Now we own Histon, I would love to see us win the league in the next two years” PaulHartman71, England.

To read more views and opinions, sign up to the forums today.

SkySports News – 05/05/09

Fallon Resigns

After the recent takeover of Histon by the web based community of OurFootballClub, there has been much speculation over the managerial position. Fallon stated last week that the takeover was “not the right thing for him” claiming that the members would interfere too much with his position and role. The OurFootballClub forum showed the members discontent with the Histon managers’ claims and following this, Fallon has decided to back down and resign.

New Histon Manager?

There has been much speculation over who the new manager will be as well as how the appointment will be made. The impression given by the website and members alike is that the clubs board will shortlist a number of managers which will be voted upon by the members.

So, Who’s Involved?

Currently, the managers that could be tempted away include Mark Yates who stated that the idea behind OurFootballClub was “genius” even though the idea was though up two years ago now. David Bayliss, current manager of Barrow is also said to be interested, as well as the Histon icon Adrian Cambridge who has recently just passed the managerial courses needed. The odds are that the Histon Icon is set to be chosen by the fans and members of ‘OurFootballClub’, however, nothing is certain and other managers could well come into the mix.

yawn... ?

-------

SkySportsNews 11/05/09

Sky Sports talks with the historic icon Adrian Cambridge on his views of the new takeover at Histon

Adrian Cambridge, born in 1974 is the legendary midfielder that secured Histon their promotion in to the Conference National, now however he has taken a step down from the playing side of football and has taken the time to pass the courses in football management. Histon stated that “my time is over and I am really looking in to the management side of things these days.” He went on further to say that the Histon job would be “a dream come true”. The dream job for Cambridge may just be about to come true after the resignation of Fallon of whom Cambridge describes as “a great manager”.

Cambridge went on state his ambition to manage at the club and that “there isn’t a management team at the club anymore after the takeover, and I sincerely hope that the members of the OurFootballClub are willing to back me all the way.”

But, Cambridge’s dream job isn’t quite his yet as there are still numerous managers in the pot. “I know that there are other managers supposedly wanting the job at Histon and I know that the competition for the job will be tuff. But, it will all be down to the thousands of members to choose. So I guess you could say in this case more than others, the best man truly does win.”

The takeover by OurFootballClub is the second of its kind and will ‘go down in history’ according to Cambridge. “It is such a fantastic idea, allowing the fans and football enthusiasts alike be able to take part in almost every aspect of the club. For me, if I were the manager, I would have no complaints about being given a majority decision and having to stick with it.” Cambridge went on further to state that “Harland and co have done such a great job so far in making everything run smoothly. I can really see this working, and working well.”

OurFootballClub.org.uk – News 12/05/09

Today marks another day in the start of further voting. This time, you will be voting in another huge decision, who the manager will be. Voting opens today, and will close again in two weeks time. The Board of Members have shortlisted the Barrow manager as a contender, David Bayliss as well as Kidderminster manager Mark Yates. The other final contender is icon Adrian Cambridge. To vote, please log in as usual and click on ‘Vote’.

Setanta Sports News

Managerial Advantage?

Mark Yates, the ex Birmingham player of the late 80’s is currently manager of Kidderminster Harriers. However, he has already stated to the board of members his desire to be the new manager of Histon due to the “new and creative way of running things’. The Manager is highly rated by many and is seen as the ideal manager to take Histon forward as he has a high level of expertise and loves the way the ‘fans will have a more involved role’.

Yates’ competitor, Bayliss has also been rated highly amongst some of the members of the new owners and has also taken a liking to the involvement of fans and members. Bayliss is said to be third in the running with Cambridge being first. However, what will the members think?

--

Monkey, don't worry about comments. Just write to enjoy yourself and when people feel the need to say something, they will do :). Sure, it's nice to recieve comments from people enjoying your story but as long as your getting views, thats all that counts. I'd much rather have 10 people reading and never commenting than 1 person reading and always commenting.

In my Aaron Healy story, Viper is the first person to have commented me for just over a month i think, so not having any comments in a day isn't disastrous bud :)

Anyway, Well done with the idea and I look forward to future updates :):thup:

OurFootballClub.org.uk – News 26/05/09

After two weeks of voting, you, the members have decided that Kidderminster Harriers manager, Yates should be offered the job. The results were massively in favour of Yates, bringing in 46% of the votes whilst 24% went to Bayliss and the remainder 30% to Cambridge.

SkySports

Mark Yates resigns as poll results show him favourite for the Histon job

After publically announcing the results of OurFootballClub’s latest poll, it showed Mark Yates as the favourite to take the job at Histon. After a short chat, Kidderminster Harriers boss Mark Yates stepped down from his position in order to accept Histon’s job offer.

“I am delighted at the opportunity presented to me, whilst sad to leave Kidderminster, I believe this is what is best for me. I hope the club prosper without me.” – Mark Yates.

28/05/09

Mark Yates signs for Histon

After Yates’ resignation from Kidderminster Harriers, Histon’s board of members made no hesitation in making a move. Yates stated that the opportunity being presented by the new Histon owners was a fantastic one. In the two days the ex Kidderminster manager has been out of a job, Histon owners have been discussing a contract and today can announce that Mark Yates has signed on as the new manager, signing a deal for just a one year trial period. OurFootballClub owner, Harland has stated that the one year ‘trial’ period has been set out ‘incase the manager and members of OurFootballClub do not get on.’

i read it

i enjoyed it

i will follow it

well done and KUTGW!!

Thanks, glad your enjoying it.

have been following and check back near enough every day, don't comment every time as a lot of the time I don't really have anything to say :thup:

Thanks, so long as your reading :)

Keep it going, Monkey. :thup:

Cheers Spav!

Histon News – 29/05/09

The new boss meets the media.

Mark Yates, the new boss at Histon after a sensational voting process by our new owners meets the media.

The Non-League Paper: You sit here today as the new manager of Histon. Can you tell us why you left Kidderminster for Blue Square Premier competitors Histon?

Yates: Well, leaving Kidderminster was obviously difficult. They have a special place in my heart I guess you could say. But, when I heard about the takeover and the process that would be involved for the manager it appealed to me. This job to many other managers would be horrible, but I look forward to working together with the members of OurFootballClub to take this club forward. This is what I suppose you could call,a dream like job for me.

The Non-League Paper: So, with this being said, how do you think you will approach the game tactics wise?

Yates: Well, personally I will be looking to attack with some considered style. However, I cannot decide without the members having their say, of which as I have already stated, I do not mind them having their say.

The non-League Paper: With the members playing their part, are you sure you wont crumble under the pressure?

Yates: Certain, it will be a joy to have the backing of members and the support and opinions.

Aaron Martin, The Histon Football Paper: We know how involved you were with the Kidderminster players and you know yourself how important it is to effectively handle your players. So can we expect to see you heavily involved with every player?

Yates: I don’t want to be heavily involved as if I were in their position, I would feel maybe, er, not trusted. However, I do want to make sure that the players respect my presence at all times and I would expect them to act like adults at all times.

Aaron Martin, The Histon Football Paper: Ok, so how involved are you planning to be in the day to day running of the club?

Yates: Well, generally, I like to be involved all around the club to some extent. But I respect the players and the staff of this club so I expect each person to do their job to a satisfactory manner and I will do mine. I can’t be involved in all aspects of the club and be expected to do my job as manager, which is why there is other staff at this club. So, I will be involved as much as time will allow me to.

TheNonLeagueFootballPaper.com: The team you have been put in charge of are expected to finish around 13th position this year. Do you agree that the team you have got are capable of reaching that prediction.

Yates: Well, I haven’t been here long, but I can certainly say that I have had a good impression of the players so far, but obviously there is a long time yet for me to change my mind. Not only this, but it isn’t only my view that counts, the members of OurFootballClub may want a certain player out or they may want a certain player in and I as the manager will have to consider this.

TheNonLeagueFootballPaper.com: OK, so in that case, are we likely to see you jump in to the transfer market soon?

Yates: Of course there is a chance of me diving right in. But I can’t doing anything straight away as once again, the members’ thoughts and opinions will need to be taken in to account. What I will do however is send out scouts around the country and then do a little research myself. If I find a few player interesting, I will put the players to the Board of Members who hopefully will put the players forward to the members of OurFootballClub who will then vote on which player they want in.

TheNonLeagueFootballPaper.com: Talking of the transfer market, there are currently rumours going around that Gareth Gwillim will be leaving the club. Will you try and keep the player here at Histon?

Yates: Definitely, the player has impressed me recently, so I will be expecting to talk to him soon and discussing his future at the club and hopefully he will agree with me that this is the place to stay.

A little note:There will be a short amount of updates until mid June ish time onwards, but after that updates will be constant again. Sorry if all/ most of my updates are short, I like to keep it this way, works best for me. When the football matches begin it will be the same but with a nice match report to go with.

SkySports News: 31/05/09

Histon Reveals Back-Room Staff

Just two days after the appointment of Yates as manager of Histon, the back room staff gets a revamp. The ex-Kidderminster manager soon laid off the majority of the back room staff, leaving nothing much more that a broken back bone. However, it wasn’t in vain and Yates was quick to replace the back room staff. The first to be replaced was the Assistant manager, “out with the old, in with the new” was what Yates said, as he brought in the unknown assistant: Danny Wells. However, this appointment has brought mixed results with the fans as they claim his tactical knowledge and man management is below par. Having said this, the fans are delighted at the prospects shown by the new youth coach, Luke Robinson who boasts what critics claim to be a 15/20 rating with youngsters as well as many other statistics that make him a great youth coach.

The new Histon manager, under the guidance of the members of OurFootballClub has also been scouting the market. It is said that there are a few players the manager is interested in talking with however nothing can be confirmed yet. The rumours are that the club are interested in signing a new goalkeeper.

OurFootballClub.org.uk – News 03/06/09

The Lotto!

After much behind the scenes talk by the Board of Members, a new lottery system will be introduced to the members who own Histon football club. The decision was made to have two types of lottery systems, the first being available to every member without having to do anything. This lottery is based upon the date of birth of the members. A random birth date will be pulled out and whoever has that birth date will win the cash prize of £100. If however no one has the birth date pulled out, the prize will be rolled over to the next week to make £200, then £300 etc. If the birth date pulled out has more than one winner, the prize will be split equally amongst the winners. This lottery system will require no cash input by the members of the community, unlike the second lottery system. This draw will be a weekly draw, starting in July.

The second system is your typical lotto; you purchase a single ticket for £1. You can buy up to 5 tickets, totalling £5. You will be given 7 numbers, or, you can specify 7 numbers between and including 1-49. The prize the winner will receive will all depend on how many people choose to purchase the tickets, the more people that purchase the tickets, the better the prize. We are currently partnered with several football linked charities supporting under privileged children and this lottery will give, although seemingly small 4.5% of the total earnings to charity to the charities we are linked with. However, if you think 100,000 people purchase one ticket, 5% of the cash raised will equal £5000. Also, as well as the 4.5% going to charity, 5.5% of the earnings will be pumped in to the football club as another source of income for the club. This draw will be a two-week draw, like the first system, will start in July.

BBC News: 8/06/09

The First Transfer Poll

Yates reveals he is on the look out for a goalkeeper and has made a couple of recommendations, putting them forward to the board of members. However Yates stated yesterday that “I am not on the lookout for many players, I and the members of OurFootballClub agree that the players we have are capable of achieving a good, top half of the table position. If not better.”

Histon’s new owners have made it clear that they believe they have a capable squad and do not want to spend too much of the invested money just yet, further stating that the board did not want to over do their wage budget they set in the last board meeting.

OurFootballClub.org.uk – News

The First Transfer Poll will begin in just under 2 hours time. This transfer poll has now come after the recommendation set by Yates to the board who have narrowed down to three candidates. The poll consists of:

Craig Bradshaw: 23 years: English: GK: £0k: Free Agent.

Martin Pearson: 19 years: English: GK: £2k: Stalybridge Reserves.

James Russel: 20 years: English: Gk: £3k: Stevenage.

So get ready to vote!

Didnt realise I had posted updates three days in a row, probably needn't post this update, but I will do as I will be busy over the coming week so I thought I would hammer a nice big update. enjoy.

OurFootballClub.org.uk – News 13/05/09

Transfer Poll Results

After five days of voting, unanimously Martin Pearson has won the vote and talks between the club and the player will begin shortly, hoping to bring you the player you want, with the money you invested.

Transfer Poll: 2

Now, after announcing the results of the first poll we would like to introduce to you the second. This time a simple, yes or no. Yates has raised concerns over the player N.K.Persival who has been attracting a lot of attention from clubs outside of Histon. Also, Yates and the other staff would also like to note the current valuation of the player is £8k and the player does not currently feature in the XI. The poll to sell or not to sell will start in just under one hour.

SkySports News: 19/05/09

N.K.Persival’s Fate Decided By The Members of OurFootballClub

Yesterday afternoon, OurFootballClub announced the fate of player N.K.Persival. After another poll held on the website, the members voted to decide the players fate and in the end, it was goodbye to N.K.Persival. The poll had over 39000 voters and 30,000 voted to sell. There have already been offers made by clubs such as Barnet, Bury, Exeter, Grimsby and eighteen other clubs. The final decision on where the player goes is now down to the manager, Yates.

SkySports News: 21/05/09

Sold!

After the announcement of N.K.Persivals fate going out of the club, 18 teams were quick on the trigger to make a bid. Of the 18 offers made, 6 were accepted according to the Histon website and it was left to the player to decide on the club he wished to go to. The player released a statement today saying “I thank the club for everything they have done for me and I as well as they believe it is time for me to move on”.

Bought!

With one player sold, Histon brought in a player. After slight concerns with the goalkeeper, Yates scouted out some goalkeepers to become a permanent replacement. After approaching the board of members, they put it to a vote and Mark Pearson came out on top. A bid of £2k secured the purchase of Pearson and today, Pearson signed on the dotted lines for Histon. It is suspected that the new goalkeeper is earning around the £200p/w mark. The fans and players are said to be delighted with the purchase.

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 01/06/09

June, another month has gone by, 6 months all together. Now, with the money you members have raised with membership fees, we have successfully bought Histon and signed goalkeeper Pearson. Hopefully, in the year to come the investments made by you will pay off dearly. But first, we would like to introduce you to new player Mark Pearson who was interviewed by the NonLeaguePaper yesterday.

Read the interview/Article below:

[sourced from the NonLeaguePaper on the 28/05/09…]

Histon signed 19 year old Stalybridge player Mark Pearson on the 21/05, making it the first member/fan voted signing of the year. The goalkeeper will start training at the beginning of June along with the rest of the squad. Pearson was one of three players that could have joined up with Histon this summer and down to the poll hosted on OurFootballClub.org.uk, it meant that the members could vote for the player they wanted in the squad. The members voted Pearson over Bradshaw and Russel and the Histon manager, Yates made no hesitation in making a £2k bid in which he secured the deal.

Prior to playing for Stalybridge, Pearson resided in the Crystal Palace squad from 2005 till 2007, but having made no appearances was sold to Stalybridge on a free. After just three appearances for Stalybridge in 2007 – 2008, Histon secured the player for £2k.

Pearson was delighted to move away from the BSN and to Histon, hoping to make a good impression on new manager Yates.

“I am delighted to have been given this opportunity to play for Histon who are a well supported club, especially now it has its new, special owners.”

Pearson went on to say how he hoped he could make more appearances within Histon, hoping to become “the first team regular.”

It is now expected that the experienced 29 year old Naisbitt will have to fight for his position as first choice.

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 04/06/09

Yates Reveals Squad Listing

Just days ago, Yates revealed Pearson as the newest signing of the season. Today, we can proudly present to you the squad list. Here shows Yates’ top starting XI with substitutes named also. To talk about this current squad listing, head over to the forums and join in with the discussion.

Managers Starting XI

D.Naisbitt

L.Oyebanjo P.Ada M.Langston G.Gwillim

J.Midson J.Kennedy M.Mitchell-King J.Barker

L.Roache D.Wright

Voters XI – To Be Decided Via Vote (11/06/09)

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 11/06/09

After Yates revealed his preferred starting XI, you, the members got to vote on your starting XI of which you could simple agree to Yate’s Decision. Whilst 47.7% of you voted for Yate’s starting XI, the rest of you voted on average for the following squad with minor changes:

M.Pearson

L.Oyebanjo A.Bygrave M.Langston G.Gwillim

J.Midson J.Kennedy M.Mitchell-King J.Barker

L.Roache D.Wright

The managers starting XI was similar to the members, with only two differences, swapping Naisbitt with new signing M.Pearson and swapping 29 year old central defender P.Ada for A.Bygrave. With pre-season matches due to be announced by the board, it will be a chance for the manager and members alike to see whose pick was best.

Manager Yates said “It is good to see that the team selection is one that the majority of people are pleased to see with only minor changes being made.

“The first pre-season match is just around the corner and I am pleased to say that I will be working with the starting eleven decision made by the members first.”

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 12/06/09

Just yesterday we announced the official starting XI for the first pre-season friendly match. However, we are yet to announce the pre-season arrangements until now.

The pre-season is as follows:

15th July – Aldershot – Home

21st July – Southport - Home

28th July – Northampton – Home

30th July - Bishop’s Stortford – Away

1st August – Burnley – Home

The pre-season matches were chosen by the elected board of members who stated “We chose the games as they posed a variety of challenges of which should give us a good idea of the squad at hand.”

Also, with the announcement of the pre-season said, the fixture listing for the rest of the season has been published and our first three games of the league are as followed:

9/8 – Torquay – Home

12/8 – Mansfield – Away

16/8 – York – Away

(For the full fixture list, visit the ‘fixtures’ tab at the top)

Finally, something fixture unrelated. Today, after much talk and discussion in the ‘suggestions’ forums, the board of members have decided on two things that the fans/members should get to vote on. Many members asked if they could simply rename the stadium, however this is not going to happen. But, after much thought by the members and board of members alike, an agreement has been put in place to rename the Main stand. Suggestions are welcomed and a selection will be chose by the board of members of which will then get voted on by the members. The poll for this will happen in the near future after suggestions and a shortlist has been selected.

The second poll is on ticket prices for admission. This will include season ticket prices, adult prices and under 16 prices. Also, the board of members have chosen to include a discount for those that are members of OurFootballClub.org.uk. Not only this, but every member that votes will be entitled to a single Adult priced ticket for any home game in the season coming. The vote for this will open immediately after the posting of this and close in just three days time, so be quick.

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 15/06/09

The poll on admission prices has come to a close after 21000 members voted for their reasonable pricing ideas.

Adult: £14 (*£13)

Under 16: £5 (*£4.60)

Season Ticket: £190 (*£175.75)

*Discounted price applies to Members only.

Tiny Pointless update but sexy update: why so sexy? Cause you and I are sexy:)

OurFootballClub.org.uk News - 20/06/09

Welcome back to OurFootballClub.org.uk, today we are announcing a new poll for you the members to take part in. So, you have chosen the manager, ticket prices and the squad. There’s one more thing to do with that squad. Name the captain and Vice Captain. So, pick from the squad your ideal captain and vice captain and vote away. The votes will be counted in three days time.

Adam Bygrave :cool:

Damn Right.

Last night, whilst playing FM, my stupid pc, well, the whole house for that matter decided to cut the electrics. About an hour later when we got them going again, starting my PC up, I tried FM again and loaded the save I was playing. This One. It failed. Its dead :(

So, That would be the end of this. However, I will make an attempt 2 I reckon with a twist if I can. So, if a mod wants, they can lock this :(

Archived