Englischer Fussball Bund - 03/04 (EFB-03/04)

Goldy

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Damn you Gold look what you have started. icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muahahaha, now i didnt started it.....you pointed out the "Sandy" bit...alright sandy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

What the f*ck are they saying??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never mind Kris. You just make sure your rats are up to the task on Thursday night cause their performance last night was pure sh1te. Maybe you need those super rate you had for a while in EFB 1? icon_biggrin.gif

The EFB Season Preview

Well it has now come upon us, another fantastic season has finished in Englischer Fussball Bund and another one is about to begin.

We welcome you to Season #3.

So what is to be expected in the new season from the crew?

Well its going to be very exciting indeed this season, we have three managers battling it out in the top flight, West Ham (Rouchie), QPR (mebubcat) and Leicester (If you dont like me who gives a rats ass).

They'll all be hoping to avoid the dreaded drop back down to division 1 but will also of course try and finish higher than one another.

In division 1 we have Hull (Andy_H), he will be hoping of getting yet another promotion and join the elite that is the premiership. Its going to be tough as there are many good teams around looking to knock him back down.

Division 2 see's the Golden One battle it out, the media, the fans and everyone else predict a long hard fought relegation battle ahead,they are favourites for the drop back down to division 3, will they once again do the unexpected and take their third crown in three seasons?

Last but not least, its Accrington Stanley (gazjuk), they'll be looking to finally get promoted and certainly need too if they want to improve their financial situation, the squad is certainly one of the smallest in the league and they'll be hoping that they dont get too many injuries.

All that can be said now is...........Let Season 3 commence...

Good luck everyone icon_smile.gif

Season 3 beings, the Stevenage Pre-Season Review

Its been a thrilling pre-season for the Stevenage club and its supporters, another championship was celebrated in style with plenty of champagne on offer.

But then, pre-season really came upon us and work needed to start on the new campaign.

It started with the usual meeting of myself and the board members at Stevenage.

The Board said they were extremely thrilled with the transformation of the club. However, with another promotion see's the club once again doubted as relegation contenders.

We have been made favourites for the drop by the bookies and the media, they seem to think that we don't stand a chance.

I certainly needed to prove that we're more than a relegation contender, so the hunt for new talent began, with only 50k to spend we had to choose wisely on who we'd buy, also being successful in the past with free transfers, it will probably be just freebies that we bring into the club....not just any old freebies though, we'll be looking at bringing in young talented players who will have a future at the club.

Infact we ended up spending none of our money, we collected a bunch of very talented and highly rated youngsters on free transfers, these included last season on loan defender O'Donoghue, then also Gilder, Ebanks-Blake, Howard, Nevins, Eckersley, Williams and Jakup Borg.

I then arranged some very competitive pre-season friendlies which I will let my swedish assistant Strom deal with while I take a holiday icon_smile.gif

Pre Season Results :

Bristol City 1 : 1 Stevenage

Millwall 0 : 2 Stevenage

Crystal Palace 2 : 4 Stevenage

Stevenage 2 : 1 Farnborough

A very successul pre-season with three wins and one draw, very pleased with the first three results as they are again opponents of higher leagues.

With a good pre-season can the form continue into the league and help Stevenage avoid the drop?.......

New League, New Players, New Goals.....Same Manager, Same Old Story so far.....Will The Stevenage Runaway Train Ever Stop?

The new players are in, they performed well in pre-season and seemed to have gelled in well with our current crop of players.

It was sad to see Jorge Campos leave last season but at 34 we just had to let go, Artur also left, at 35 and not featuring for us a lot it was best for him to leave.

We now have much younger prospects at the club and I have all the confidence they can suceed.

Anyway, we got some games underway, this is how the relegation favourites got on.......

League : Stevenage vs Walsall

Its the season opener, the big boys Walsall formerly of division 1 come and pay us a visit. The first game of the season always see's team experiment a bit and players getting to know each other. Well this game seemed that we're already half way through the season as the team just clicked, some fantastic performances by the debutants, especially by Howard at left back, tackled, headed and played some brilliant through balls into attack where one of our debutants also scored and last seasons on form goal king bagged himself a hattrick.

Full Time : Stevenage 6 : 0 Walsall

Goals : Huckerby, Poole (3), Humphreys, Ebanks-Blake

League Cup 1st Round : Stevenage vs Millwall

Well here's a familiar team, we played them in pre-season and beat them, they had a very good team out that day too, once again they fielded a good team, of course, no one wants to go out the first round of the cup but unfortunately, some teams have too. Last season we had a big fixture congestion because of cup success and it affected our league form. I didnt want the same to happen again, so I put out a reserve side with also promoting Richard Robinson from the U19's as we got two first team strikers out and the others need a rest. Well they didnt let me down, it was a close game but there was one unexpected player who made a difference, it was none other than young 16year old Robinson who not just put one past Millwall, but bagged himself a hattrick.

Full Time : Stevenage 3 : 0 Millwall

Goals : Robinson (3)

League : Stevenage vs Plymouth

Having had two fantastic victories so far infront of the home fans it was time for highly rated Plymouth to come and visit us. Who would of guessed it, the team once again play like they have been together for years, a dominating performance all round and once again by our new superstar left back did the honours with an exception performance, having scored a hattrick in the first game, Poole went one better in this game taking his tally to seven in just two games. Was also first game of the season that we conceded, but it was the 92nd minute and we were already on the team bus!

Full Time : Stevenage 6 : 1 Plymouth

Goals : Poole (4), Ebanks-Blake, Elding

League : Southend vs Stevenage

Our first away trip, can we be as successful on the road as we have been at home? Well it was fellow promoted side Southend who we faced for game three, and three is certainly the magic number, as we make it three games, three wins, three goals, it was time for one of the debutants to really please the fans. Another good all round performance and the defence is in full control under the guidance of Laker and Warner.

Full Time : Southend 0 : 3 Stevenage

Goals : Ebanks-Blake (3)

League : Cheltenham vs Stevenage

Our second away trip in a row, having enjoyed a very successful start so far we knew it was going to be tough here, a very competitive Cheltenham side had also started well in the league and have a brilliant defence.......but not brilliant enough of course, they did manage to clear a lot of chances but just couldnt stop Huckerby drippling straight past them and scoring a couple. Our defence certainly appears to be sorted this season as we only conceded one goal so far.

Full Time : Cheltenham 0 : 2 Stevenage

Goals : Huckerby (2)

League : Stevenage vs Tranmere

We're back at home but by far no easy game, a very tough Tranmere side comes and visits us, they have a very strong attack and will be looking to take every chance they get.......but luckily for us, they didnt get any. It was another steady performance by every member in the team and the score line doesnt really reflect our domination in the game but three points are once again taken.

Full Time : Stevenage 2 : 0 Tranmere

Goals : Ebanks-Blake, Humphreys

League : Chesterfield vs Stevenage

Its one of the early big games of the season and its away, the home side are currently hot on form and are third in the table, they'll be looking to impress their fans and make us leave empty handed, fat chance of that, they can bugger off. It was a very solid performance again by everyone in the team and credit once again has to go to Howard who just seems to pop up everywhere and is starting to develop a more attacking side to his game too. Despite conceded our second goal of the season, very pleased that their going in at the other end too.

Full Time : Chesterfield 1 : 3 Stevenage

Goals : Huckerby, Humphreys, Poole

So a very good start to the season so far, a 100% record to be exact, success in the league and cup, plenty of goals flying in and defensively we're holding out very well. Hopefully more of the same to come for the rest of the season, with these kind of performances we'll easily avoid the relegation.

Queens Park Rangers update

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We are premier league <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season 3 dawn upon us and after rising from division 2 and the Div 1 championship in the cabinet , the premiership beckons.

No more champagne , open tour buses round the city and openings of tesco's its time for reality icon_frown.gif .

A desperately small squad with the majority still there from division2, will they be able to cut it with the premierships finest? Bircham against keane , ****tu against shearer , and kristjansson against campbell , hardly house hold names to the big boys i'm sure they won't be having sleepness nights.

Aims for the season include : Staying up , Staying up , and finally Staying up and if God wants to smile on me and take that smug look off Kris's face , make sure he finishes below me icon_biggrin.gif

Transfers in :

Mark Viduka (Leeds)£2.9m

Robbie Fowler (Man City)375k

Micheal Dawson (Notts forest)975k

Paul Dean (aldershot) 95k

Salvatore Ferraro (Milan) 750k

Haruna Babangida Free

No players of any use left the club of note was Kevin gallen who was released on a free and the usual youth rubbish.

As we are now a Premier league team , this has attracted a lot of media attention , as from this day on we now have reporters at the matches , QPR fans who cannot make the games can now read reports in the local paper the Park side newsto be release once a month.

(real reason I have now found the print screen key duh)

West Ham in Europe! – 05/06

As West Ham’s Manager looks to improve on last seasons unexpectedly high finish in 7th place, and a UEFA cup place courtesy of runners up spot in the League Cup Final (Winners West Brom finished in 2nd in the league and get a champions League Berth) transfer activity was again limited by the meagre budget made available to work with during close season. Loan signings will feature heavily again. The Chelsea wonderkid Robert Huth is signed to bolster the defence for a paltry bargain basement 500k, Mario Melchiot is loaned in from Arsenal for no fee/salary til the seasons end. Horlock and Pearce are sold for 110k and 230k respectively, Bosnich and Numan both leave on free’s. Meanwhile the friendy pre season games kicked off with three 0-0 draws followed by a 2-2, The next signing was Liverpools French wonderboy Florent Sinama-Pongolle for a decidedly budget sapping (But again, cheap) 1.9mill! With no money left to spend my attention once again turns to loan signings but some more friendlies intervene, 2 wins and a draw leave West Ham unbeaten in the warm up stages

20th August 2005 - Vs Newcastle (A)

Woeful, an early season introduction to the realities of having a transfer budget in the premiership as opposed to pocket money. 3-0 to the Geordies at St James’s with goals from Viana, Jenas and Griffin, Newcastles newest signing Gronkjaer, a West Ham pre season Target, not even making the bench! Not the start that Rouch would have wished for icon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon13.gif

24th August 2005 - Vs Aston Villa (H)

Back to Fortress Boleyn for the battle of the clarets. West Ham in need of a confidence boosting home win and they did not let the fans down as the beat the villans 2-0 with goals from Carrick and Robinho sealing a dominant display. icon_smile.gificon14.gif

27th August 2005 - Vs Birmingham(A)

Another midlands opponent, the blue half of Brum this time, and a stroll in the park for the claret and blue army. 3-0 with Bertelsen, Robinho and Thu doing the damage for the travelling hammers. icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

2 wins in 3 see’s West Ham off to a respectable start in their second season back in the premiership, looking forward to some overseas jollies in Europe for the claret and blue army which begin in September, the players are ready, we are just waiting for the draw. icon14.gif

7th September 2005 - Vs West Bromwich Albion (H)

After an improving start in August, the West Ham fans wanted to see the team keep the momentum going against the baggies, our third midlands opposition in 3 games! Robinho continues his rich vein of form to put the hammers 1-0 up on 5 minutes only for Jason Roberts to equalise and send the teams in level at half time. Oliseh scored two crackers from the spot in the 2nd half to punish the black country black arts of fouling etc! 3 wins on the bounce for West Ham icon_biggrin.gif

17th September 2005 - Vs Wolves (A)

A very strange game this, apart from being our 4th midland opposition in as many games, and going for a 4th consecutive victory, a very strange phenomena occurred that affected all of the attendant crowd, while the TV and teletext the internet and more importantly, the league results saw a drab 0-0, the crowd went home believing that an exciting comeback by the hammers had happened and a 1-0 deficit had been reversed to a 3-1 win, with 2 goals in the dying seconds with goals from Oskarsson, Defoe and Thu?? But on arriving home full of the cheeer of a resounding wing the hammers faithful were shocked to discover the result was 0-0?? icon_confused.gif

24th September 2005 - Vs QPR (H)

The Claret and Blue army, still puzzled by the last result turned out I force for this eagerly awaited derby, unfortunately the QPR manager was on his holidays in Weston so he missed this game (priorities? Sack him) Diego Gavilan sent the team in 1-0 up at half time, but, to be fair, it should have been 3or 4 given the domination the Irons had enjoyed the second half saw Huth double the advantage and so it stayed. 2-0 the final score. icon_biggrin.gif

28th September 2005 - Vs FC Haka (H) UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg

The first excursion in to Europe saw a home Tie against FC Haka, West Ham were keen to extend their european outings so a determined side took the field but disaster struck with FC Haka taking an early lead through Salonen. Huth proved what a good buy he was by grabbing an equaliser before halftime. Robinho picke up an injury in the second half before Oliseh put the hammers ahead. Bertelsesen then got himself sent off for some sillyness, and West Ham immediately responded with a second goal from Oliseh to make it 3-1 in the first leg. All in all and eventful first night icon14.gificon_cool.gif

Clan Announcement : New Member Is Welcomed Into The EFB Regime

You heard right, we have a new member joining us in the fantastic EFB, he's up for the challenge and is happy to be playing CM online once again.

He has experience when it comes to the cm online scene and needed to join a top class group to get going. He used to be in UCMIG and should find that we're a former part of that game.

I'll stop going on about it now, we welcome aboard Wayne aka The Manager.

I hope you enjoy your time with us at EFB Wayne and i'm pretty sure you'll fit in well.

Wayne will be taking over his beloved club and home town of Norwich, all the best with your new squad as they currently sit bottom of the first division after the early season start.

Once again, Welcome Aboard Wayne icon_smile.gif

0,,10355,00.html

On Joining for 10 mins this eveining and finding out Norwich are 24th in div1 one, Only 8 poinys of play off's so if my managment is any good should possibly make top.....

Was in game long enough to realise Norwich must have the slowest back 4 in english football so looks like i need to employ the services of Alan Hansen.. icon_smile.gif

Thanx for the invite guys great to be back in managment..

Run Away Train Never Coming Back, Run Away On The Division 2 Track

Well reality certainly hit us and we knew we were in for a long hard battle as injuries started to come in quite quickly for some first team players and the next game certainly didnt help, first game of the session a tricky game.

League : Stevenage vs Blackpool

Trust the away team to add more worry on our squad as they crippled to key members of the team which certainly doesnt help at all. We dominated the game completely and took the lead too, but after about 70minutes of play somehow, unbelievably, Blackpool got a penalty, of course they scored it and amazingly it was their first and only shot on goal through the match. A very poor result for us considering we should of taken the three points.

Full Time : Stevenage 1 : 1 Blackpool

Goals : Humphreys

League : Ipswich vs Stevenage

This one is definately going to be tough, the Tractor Boys have recently been relegated from division one and also managed to keep hold of a lot of their star players too, it was a very tough battle with them having some good chances, however, it was inspirational captain Juliusson who made the big difference between the two sides and deserved his goal.

Full Time : Ipswich 0 : 1 Stevenage

Goals : Juliusson

League Cup 2nd Round : Stevenage vs Blackpool

Once again we meet Blackpool, having only recently played in the league, we certainly knew them a lot better. This time though, it was time for the traditional thing to happen, I put out the reserves for a deserved game, dont want them getting paid for doing nowt. It was a very close game indeed, both sides had their chances but it had to go into extra time, we didnt see much action in extra time so it went to the dreaded penalties. It started well for both teams scoring both their opening pens, they continued it with the second but then Williams saved not just one, but two Blackpool penalties, it didnt help with Poole skying it over but then Brennan stepped up and smashed it into the net to take us to the 3rd round.

Full Time : Stevenage 0 : 0 Blackpool (Stevenage win on Pens)

League : Stevenage vs Burnley

Once again another relegated division one side come upon us, we were expecting a very tough battle here as they would want to do well here, however, Burnley got some well worthy football education for free, we wernt in the mood to mess around and got on with it from the kick off, we took an early lead and then Burnley left back Dean Gordon got sent off, with them being down to 10 it was plain sailing with Huckerby, Poole and Ebanks-Blake all scoring to thrash them.

Full Time : Stevenage 4 : 0 Burnley

Goals : Warner, Huckerby, Poole, Ebanks-Blake

League : Stevenage vs Grimsby

Once again a former division one side, only this time they've got a bit of experience with life in division two, it certainly didnt help them though as they went the same glorious way that other former division one sides went and they got a roasting too, goals from Poole and Humphreys sealed the tie before Howard added a late deserved penalty to complete the rout.

Full Time : Stevenage 3 : 0 Grimsby

Goals : Poole, Humphreys, Howard

League : Brentford vs Stevenage

This would certainly be a tough opposition, Brentford are flying high at the moment just like ourselfs and they are in a play off position, they got some good players but even home advantage couldnt win it for them, it took a while but a fantastic opening first goal for Gilder started things off for us. It was then the other winger Huckerby who added a second and rounded the game up.

Full Time : Brentford 0 : 2 Stevenage

Goals : Gilder, Huckerby

With things going so well I decided to plunge into the transfer market were we picked up McPhee from Port Vale for absolutely nothing, a free transfer deal was concluded after they didnt require his services and we did. An excellent signing in my eyes and he's looking forward to working alongside myself and his new team mates.

League : Bournemouth vs Stevenage

The media called this a "relegation battle" game, all I have to say is GAME OF THE SEASON, absolutely amazing game this one, it had everything you wanted. Bournemouth started off very well indeed and within minutes took an early lead, we have the best defence in the league having only let in 3 goals before this game, well some woeful defending meant we went down 2-0, I didnt know what was happening and why we were playing so poorly, then however we got a quick equaliser. In the second half, before we knew it, we went 3-1 down to bloody Bournemouth, so I checked out my tactics and we were using the wrong bloody system. So a quick change of tactics and a couple of subs including new boy McPhee coming on. Well we were still 3-1 down and it started to come into the final part of the match, less than 10minutes on the clock + added time..........then 81minutes and GOAL, its now 3-2 and there's time to get another......unbelievable, 2 minutes later we get the important equaliser, absolutely amazing. It didnt stop there though, a massive revival was on the cards and the goal frenzy went on, we took the LEAD, 4-3 to Stevenage, but whats this, this is unthinkable, we score again and make it 5-3....added time started and GOAL, 6-3 to Stevenage, from 3-1 down to 6-3 up. A 10minute goal frenzy saw us score an amazing and unbelievable 5 goals. A corker of a game and put a massive smile on my face.

Full Time : Bournemouth 3 : 6 Stevenage

Goals : Poole, Juliusson, Matthews, Humphreys, Mcphee(2)

A truly amazing last game, i wont forget that for quite some time,new boy McPhee also scoring helped us a lot and will play a vital part for us this season. We liked playing these former division 1 teams aswell. With our current success it means we remain top of the division by a good margin of 9pts. We have been good in both defence and attack, only conceding 6 goals and scoring 39 so far this season.

A very happy manager indeed, hopefully it will continue like this for the rest of the season which will then mean we will avoid relegation icon_smile.gif

1st October 2005 - Vs Chelsea (A)

Well to reach October with only the opening day defeat blotting your copy book, and sitting second in the premiership is quite a good start in my humble opinion! However, we were to face the mighty Chelski at Stamford Bridge next, and the Claret and Blue paupers froze in the bright lights as the aristocrats romped to a 5-1 win with Figo, Crespo, Mutu, Kuluge and Geremi registering for Chelsea and Fredrik the only scorer who’s name ends in a consonant grabs the solitary reply for West Ham, rouchie makes mental note to buy more players whose names end in vowels to bolster his title challenge. icon_eek.gificon_frown.gif

10th October 2005 - Vs Liverpool (H)

After the shocking performance at Stamford Bridge a display of redemption proportions was required. The hammers did not disappoint, Qui9cjker than a gang of scallys could strip the wheels from your beaming Beamer, Robinho popped up and started the ball rolling with a stunner in the 4th minute. Diouf cancelled that out on 37 but Fredrik regained the initiative on the stroke of half time to send the cockney boys in at 2-1. Defoe and Thu ensured that here would be a knees up in the east end as West ham secured a famous 4-1 victory over the once mighty scousers! icon_biggrin.gif

19th October 2005 - Vs FC Haka (A) UEFA Cup 1st Round 2nd Leg

Having won the first leg in London, 3-1 (the 3rd in injury time!) West Ham were not taking the Finnish team lightly. Confidence was high after the demolition of Liverpool, and the team were looking for a win on foreign soil. Robinho got the show on track with a goal on 12 minutes, and another just before half time to send the Claret and Blue in at half time 2 goals to the good and with an unbreached defence. The second half saw Pongolle net and an own goal from Yionen to finish at 4-0, 7-1 on aggregate. West Ham go into the draw for the second round. icon14.gif

23rd October 2005 - Vs Everton (A)

Back to the league then and another game with a team from merseyside, this time we are visiting the blue half. Gavilan got the game going with an early opener on 3 minutes,. Quickly followed by Oskarsson, getting a rare outing in the forward line, on 8 minutes. The second half saw Robinho get 2 in 2 minutes and Oliseh scored a screamer to clinch it at 5-0. Another resounding win over the scousers! icon_cool.gif

29th October 2005 - Vs Arsenal (H)

After 3 high scoring wins in succession, a real test of quality presents itself with the Gunners visit to Upton Park, which has always proved to be a happy hunting ground for the Arse. The Hammers were on fire though, and set about the favourites with gusto. Oskarsson, enjoying his new role as Robinho’s strike partner scored on 20 to get the Hammers off to a great start, it all started to go pear shaped though as Arsenal equalised through Alliadierre and went ahead just before half time with goal from Viera. Hammers trailing 2-1 at half time. Paul Rouch had to work his magic in the dressing room to prevent another failure against the Gooners! Robinho was obviously paying attention as he netted within minutes of the restart to equalise! 2-2. He scored again on 69 to give the hammers the advantage, 5 minutes later Carrick scored 5o bring it to 4-2, 5 minutes after that it was a rouchie wonderland as Oskarsson netted again, and then grabbed his hatrick in the dying seconds to record a resounding 6-2 victory! A fantastic result which the board were duly delighted with. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

The awards for October were announce and Oskarssons sudden rise to prominence was rewarded with Player of the month, Robinho picked up the Young Player of the Month award as well as the Goal of the month, and Thu came 3rd in the goal of the month. All in all, after a poor start, a very good months performance saw the accolades all going to the Boleyn and the Hammers still in all competitions, and sitting 2nd in the premiership.

NORWICH CITY

With Defenders who are so slow they move backwards when trying to run the start has been that of missury and defiance at carrow road, Before i was able to take my seat in the dug out i had to enjoy my teams performance's from the stand, which resulted in a good 0-0 away draw at coventry and a 1-1 draw at home to Watford.

With some pace needed at the back Have bought in Lb Hilton from Blackpool and Cort Cd from Southend To add some pace to the back line, Upfront added Green from Luton not that i lack fire power... Am pleased to get Rw Wilkie from Liverpool and Jebb lw once of liverpool currently in conference.. with one grumpy forign midfeilder who thinks he's bigger than the club i have news for him, GET OUT LAZY!!!..

With my first game in charge away to Fulham the team started strong before two goals by Fulham on 45 mins killed the game and was the final score..

Away again to Palace after going behind in the 1st minute the team fought back well hiting the post 3 times befor half time, managed to get a goal back on 58 mins with a Debut goal from Wilkie, Palace made 2 subs which gave them 2 goals in 3 mins 85th and 88th min's, Mulryn hammerd in a 90th min consolation goal to end 3-2.. Am disgraced with the teams lack luster performances, with two homw games coming coming up must have maximum points..

Must learn to keep it tight at the back away from home..

The Run Away Train Action Thriller Adventure Ride....Welcome To Stevenage

what a session, most of the usual actually which is good, but we did it in some absolutely style aswell against some tough opponents.

Well, we had it all, league games, league cup game, vans trophy game, so we'll start with a league game, actually "THE" league game.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>League : Stevenage vs Bristol Rovers

This game has been called by the media as "The Relegation Battle", a crucial 6 pointer game against a side who's aim is also avoiding the dreaded drop. What a magnificent start to the game as we took an early lead, the domination just continued as it had done before in other matches, the home fans got their money's worth and the players earned their wages as Juliusson and Humphreys both knocked one in followed by a second goal from Poole and a goal from record club signing from 2 seasons ago Matthews rounded the game up nicely.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Full Time : Stevenage 5 : 0 Bristol Rovers

Poole (2)

Juliusson

Humphreys

Matthews

</pre>

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Vans Trophy : Stevenage vs Hereford

Its time for another cup game, with having a nice big squad available to me, which really is needed too, I can afford to rest my first team players for the cup games and let a 2nd string play, which I must say are quite a decent little side. Plenty of youngsters looking to prove what they can do and get some more first team action, they made the game look absolutely easy, it started off with a goal from Guinea international Mara and then followed by a goal from Borg another Internation, this time from the Faroe Islands. The thrashing continued as young Icelandic Under21 super star striker Porarinsson notched up a brace to make us progress to the next round.

Full Time : Stevenage 4 : 0 Hereford

Mara

Borg

Porarinsson(2)

</pre>

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>League : Wigan vs Stevenage

Its once again a former division 1 side, we so far had a good record against these but it sure was gonna be different this time round. Wigan have a fantastic squad full of very talented players including goal machine Magno Silva Viera, well the game was an absolute corker and once again we treated the fans to an action packed game. It started off with Wigan not just getting one goal, but two goals both by Silva Viera, our defence was no where to be seen, from having the best defence in the league we went to part timers as no one would make a tackle at all, very frustrating indeed and unbelievable, having clawed back to 2-2 we finally took the lead 3-2 but before we knew it, it was 3-3, then they took the lead 4-3 and it looked over but the spirited fightback we've seen our team have meant it went not only 4-4 but 5-4 to the boro, a game of crap tackling and plenty of goals.

Full Time : Wigan 4 : 5 Stevenage

Poole (3)

Ebanks-Blake

Matthews

</pre>

<LI>League Cup 3rd Round : L.Orient vs Stevenage

Once again another cup game comes upon us, after the last game being so action packed it meant of course as always, the first team deserve a break before their next league game, so it was time for the usual suspects to come on centre stage and shine, and shine they did, it was just like the vans trophy game as Mara opened the scoring for us, his goal was followed by a cracker from Borg and a brilliant effort from Porarinsson soon followed, we should of had more than three but with twenty minutes left and a new strike force being putting on it meant we did eventually notch in another two scored by McPhee and Elding who could of had a hattrick each.

Full Time : L.Orient 0 : 5 Stevenage

Mara

Borg

Porarinsson

McPhee

Elding

</pre>

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>League : Reading vs Stevenage

Starting to meet a lot of former division 1 sides in this league which just tells you how difficult it is and the standards that have to me met, well we completely dominated this game from start to finish but somehow in true CM Magical Moment Style, the game gifts Reading a win meaning our 14 game unbeaten run comes to an end. Reading won the game with a very odd decision made by the ref meaning they got a penalty decided the game, despite having over double the chances they had the best strikers in the league couldnt win it and it meant we lose 3 pts.

Full Time : Reading 3 : 2 Stevenage

Humphreys

Poole

</pre>

Overall a very successful session despite the last game that we lost, we still sit pretty on top of the table and I very much hope that remains for the rest of the season too, 15 games have been played, we've now scored over 50 goals and let in just over 10 which is quite good considering that we've been keeping clean sheets in the majority of games.

The only bad news we had was that Sims is going to be missing for 2months through injury meaning we have to rotate the defence around a bit, we got suitable replacements but would prefer to get a loan in if it wasnt so damn impossible to get one in CM03/04.

[This message was edited by Goldy on 25 February 2004 at 2:36.]

Tiger Times

Pre Season

Well after months of slogging it out in the league and cups it was time for a well earned rest of all of the Hull squad and time for Hepburn to bring in some new quality to challenge for the Division 1 title next year. First off however there was a huge injury blow for Hull when Richie Partridge damaged his cruicate ligaments meaning he will misss most of next season as he is out for 9 months. icon_frown.gif Injuries have been so cruel to this very talented and future England star since he has joined Hull. let's hope he can come back an even better player than the one who got injured.

Pre Season Transfers

during pre season Hepburn managed to secure some top quality players to bolster his squad ahead of the new season. These players were:

John Ostemobor - 7K From Liverpool

Johann Gudmundsson - 100K From Northwich Vics

Simone Padoin - 450K From Vicenza

Lee Naylor - Free Transfer

Roy Carroll

Simon Downing - On Loan from Middlesbrough

Hepburn felt these signings would be enough to help Hull challenge for the title.

The Season Begins.... Nationwide Division 1

Hull v Sheff Wed. - (H) - 0-0

Hull could not have asked for a tougher opener to division 1 than a home game against Sheffield Wednesday. This game was always going to be a tough one and so it proved. Both sides going at it with Hull slightly the better of the two teams but no goals in this one. A nice steady opener for Hull.

Hull v Notts Forest (H) - 3-0

This game saw Hull grab their first win of the new campaign as they put a talented Notts Forest team to the sword with a superb display in front of the adoring Hull fans. Danny Allsopp opened the scoring for Hull with a superb goal then John Ostemobor then added to Hull's lead, grabbing his first 'official' goal for the club and finally Johan Porhallsson sealed an emphatic win for the Tigers.

Wimbledon v Hull - (A) - 0-1

Confidence was high in the Hull camp as their season had got off to a decent start but in truth this new side was still finding it's feet together. This was exposed by a Wimbledon side who have not done themselves justice in the past. Well they were up for this one and bombarded the Hull goal and were rewarded with a 1-0 win. Roy Carroll had been in superb form and made a few good saves to deny Wimbledon a bigger win. manager Hepburn was not best pleased with his team's performance. He commented, "If we play like that every week we will be relegated by Chirstmas. I was not happy at all with my team".

Rotherham v Hull - (A) - 4-1

Hull's next trip away was not an easy one at Rotherham who are a solid outfit. Hepburn's team looked ready for this game unlike the game against Wimbledon. Hepburn named the same starting line up that started the game against Wimbledon to prove themselves to the manager. Boy they did that and then some. they were rampant as they swept Rotherham aside with a classy performance from the goalkeeper to the attackers. Contract rebel Stuart Elliot grabbed his first goal of the season to put Hull 1 up. This was then added to through goals from Danny Allsopp and a brace from Johan Porhallsson. Rotherham played well but not well enough to match this Hull performance.

Hull v Norwich - (H) - 2-0

Next up at The Circle was Norwich who were among the challengers for the title so Hull knew what they were up against. Hull battled hard and earned the right to dominate this game from start to finsih almost with an incredible performance that must of had the Hull fans licking their lips in anticipation of what this team could achieve. They took the lead in the 15th minute through Danny Allsopp but had to wait till the 89th minute before Stewart Downing sealed a great win for the Tigers. There is always this nervous at 1-0 but in truth Norwich did not really have a clear cut chance to equalise.

Coventry v Hull - (A) - 1-4

This game was a non event for Hull. After the highs of the game against Norwich, Hull were guilty of thinking they were better than they were. This performance lacked passion, energy, committment and everything else that was required to win a football match. At 2-0 Danny Allsopp gave Hull a little hope with a goal on the hour mark but Hull could not go on from this and take the game to Coventry. Hepburn was livid as his players gave probabaly their worst performance in Hepburn's time as manager.

Hull v Watford - (H) - 2-0

After that dismal performance at Coventry Hepburn demanded consistency. When Hull had been good they were good but when they were bad they were real bad. So next up to The Circle was Watford. This was quite an even game with both sides having their chances but it was Hull who took theirs while Watford only spurned their own chances. Johan Porhallsson put Hull in front fives minutes before half time but they had to wait until the 81st minute before sealing the win via an own goal from Jason Bent. It was an improvement from the Coventry game but it was not the greatest performance from Hull but a win is a win.

Fulham v Hull - (A) - 2-0

This was always going to be a tough game against former Premiership opposition and it was. It was a game of missed chances for Fulham as their strikers seemed to have to left feet or two right feet as they could not hit the target much to the delight of Hepburn. It has to be said though most of the shots were from long distance and never really troubled Roy Carroll in the Hull goal. Unlike Fulham, Hull took their oppportunities and came away victorious. Two second half goals from Stuart Elliot porved to be enough to give the Tigers all three points and left Hepburn with a smile on his face for a change. icon_smile.gif

Crystal Palace v Hull - (A) - 3-0

Hepburn made a few tactical changes for this game and they seemed work a treat. Hepburn employed Ostemobor at right back, moving Simone Padoin into defensive midfield, Paulinho into the attacking midfielder role and Stuart Elliot out onto the right wing. What ensued was probably Hull's best performance in the league apart fromt he game against Norwich. They looked much more solid at the back with Guy Branston back in the team. Stuart Downing opened the scoring for Hull with a terrific shot, paulnho in his new role weighed in with number 2 and Johan Porhallsson scored number 3. It was over by half time really and the seond half Hull seemed to conserve their energy for the next game.

Hull v Crewe - (H) - 0-0

This proved to be a frustrating game as Hull dominated the game but could nto find a way through Paul Cooper in the Crewe goal.

Hull v Charlton - (H) - 3-2

This was a huge game for Hull and a chance to measure themselves against a team who have shown they can mix it in the Premiership. God knows how they were relegated with a team full of quality. This was an even contest with Hull matching Charlton in just about in every area of the pitch. It was Hull's finishing that saw them grab the three points. Hull stromed into a 3-0 lead through goals from Elliot, Allsopp and Paulinho but Charlton gave it everything in the seond half and pulled two goals back but it wasn't enough.

Sheffield Utd v Hull - (A) - 1-0

This game was all about one man and that man was Roy Carroll. He showed to everyone why Alex Feruson kept him for so long as deputy to Fabien Barthez and Tim Howard as he showed his Premiership class to keep out Sheffield Utd. Again a pretty even contest but the difference maker was a goal from Stuart Elliot in the 9th minute to give Hull another good win on their travels.

Hull v Bristol City - (H) - 2-1

These wins against top opposition have given Hull added confidence. They went into game and showed this as they took apart division 2 champions Bristol City for the best part of 90 minutes. Paulinho put Hull 1-0 up and in football 1-0 is never enough. This ended up coming true as for all of Hull's attacking they let in a soft equaliser four minutes from time. Then in injury time justice was done as Paulinho grabbed a dramatic winner to give the 3 points to Hull.

Derby v Hull - (A) - 3-0

ANother game and another superb Hull win. The critics are saying this run won't last but it seems the media are having a great effect on the Hull players as they keep winning. They seem to be using the criticism to motivate them to win every game. This was apparent when Hull travelled to Derby who have under achieved for a team of their quality. Hepburn wasn't complaining as a Danny Allsopp hat trick gave Hull the win.

Cardiff v Hull - (A) - 3-1

A top of the table clash at Ninian Park the home of the notorious Soul crew. It proved to be a thriller as Cardiff went 1-0 up but Hull came back fighting through Guy Branston. Hepburn then changed the tactics slightly and Caridff had no answer as straight away as Paulnho goes up the pitch and makes it 2-1 to Hull. Guy Branston then weighed in with his second and Hull's third to seal another superb win for Hull.

The League Cup

This season's League Cup campaign for Hull has started off very well. In the first round they put out Preston who have just been relegated to division 2 with a 2-0 victory with goals from Ostemobor and Paulinho. Next round Hull were drawn gainst Crystal Palace and boy did they take them apart. One 5-0 thrashing later and Hull were in the draw for the next round. A hat trick from Paulinho in his new attacking midfield role and a brace from Porhallsson gave them a superb victory.

In round three Hull were given a very tough trip to Premiership chasers Southampton. The size of the task was even bigger when Southampton took an early 1-0 lead through james Beattie. They then had a chance to go 2-0 up but Higginbottom put his penalty wide. Hull then fought their way back into the game and equalised from a penalty from Danny Allsopp after Delaney had be tripped in the box. This gave Hull more confidence and they went 2-1 up in the second half through Paulinho and then Allsopp scored another. A Fernandes free kick gave Southampton hope in injury time but Hull held on for a great victory. This has led to a home draw at The Circle against Mark Brown's high flying QPR back into the Premiership after a few seasons out and going very well. It will be tough but we will see what happens.

It has been an exceptional start to the season for Hull as the sit proudly top of Division 1 and in the fourth round of the League Cup. Let's hope after Thursday's session Hepburn will still be smiling.

icon_cool.gif

More news from afar

Edans latest email :-

hi everyone i am now in new zealand and its a big diffrence from thailand as

its a little cold here

i am in chrischurch after about 24 hours of flights and waiting .

its hard to find places to sleep here as most places are full of backpackers

and if you want to find a good place then you have to reserve a place about

3-4 days ahead .

now me and my friend are looking to buy a car .

the place here is beutyful,we are in the center of town and you can see far

away mountins and like that .

thats it for now

miss you all

bye

I just cut and paste so dont blame me!

Just to let you I'm back from my working holiday in that great town Weston super mud, so will be able to make tonights session . NOT sure my results have gone apart from rouchie taking advantage of my absence icon_smile.gif will have to put that right when you come to loftus rd

2nd November 2005 - Vs Chesterfield (A) – League cup 3rd round

After the recent exertions, Paul Rouch decided to rest some of the players for the League cup outing, Oskarsson and Robinho, leave their boots at the Boleyn as Defoe and Connolly get a chance to reunite up front for West Ham, Carrick moves to the subs bench in favour of Fredrik, and Etherington steps in for Morgan. Unfortunately, the many changes made mean that the hammers play together like a bunch of strangers, and they concede early in the first half to a Steve Brooker effort. Chesterfield hang on to that solitary goal and win the tie with West Ham left scratching their heads wondering how they did not equalise in the 2nd half? They didn’t, so Chesterfield and not West Ham progress to the 4th round. icon13.gif

5th November 2005 - Vs Tottenham (A)

A visit to white hart lane was the next game, and the manager trying to ensure the confidence sapping defeat against Chesterfield did not undo all the good work done in the league so far. Thu got the Hammers off to an ideal start and put the Irons in front after only 3 minutes! But a host of wasted opportunities saw the hammers fail to capitalise on their dominance. They paid the price when spurs pulled an equaliser out of the bag just before half time. It was on the cards that the yids would take the lead, and they duly did so with Karlsson adding to Fergusons earlier strike to seal all three points at 2-1. Spurs ease past West Ham to go second as West Ham slip to 3rd. icon_frown.gif

10th November 2005 - Vs Darth (H) - UEFA Cup 2nd Round

Robinho and Oskarsson combined in the first half to set up a fairly comfortable 3-0 lead with Robinho bagging a brace and Oskarsson getting the other. Huth scored a fantastic freekick in the half to virtually tie up the round, leaving the team fairly confident of progressing to the next round barring a cock up of catastrophic proportions in the return leg in Macedonia! icon14.gificon_cool.gif

13th November 2005 - Vs Man Utd (H)

Back to the premiership, and the mighty Man U come to the Boleyn for the Sky Sports PPV offering. The prawn sandwich make the short tube trip across London for this match. An edgy encounter saw West Ham grab the initiative with a Carrick effort from outside the penalty area. Dalmat equalised for Manure just before the half time whistle. Manure then went in front via a goal from Man Utd’s own Rock of Gibraltar, RVN, the lead lasted precisely 3 minutes before Defoe scored a screamer to equalise. The game finished 2-2 with Manu still atop of the premiership and West Ham sitting 3rd. West Ham hitched a lift back to Manchester with the united mob in readiness for their encounter with the blue half, City, next week!

26th November 2005 - Vs Man City (A)

After the 2 week break for internationals we faced the less successful Manchester team. Only this team proved to be more successful than their cockney counterparts by taking all three points off the Eastenders. Oliseh scored the opening goal to lull the travelling faithful into a false sense of security. City quickly equalised through Neuville, and in the second half took the lead via a Macken strike. West Ham peppered the city goal but the keeper was wearing his pants over his tights as he kept the ball out of the back of the net to secure a much needed win for the blues. icon_confused.gif

All in all a very inconsistent month which has seen the Irons slip from 2nd to 5th in the premiership, an early exit from the Carling cup against lower league opposition, with the only good news being the European performance against Vardar! Roll on December! Some work needs to be done to bring about an improvement and consistency.

[This message was edited by rouchie on 26 February 2004 at 23:30.]

[This message was edited by rouchie on 26 February 2004 at 23:33.]

Re Thursdays session...

Wanting 8 points from 4 games in tonights session had to settle for 6 but was undefeated..

NORWICH 2 - 2 CHARLTON

Fell behind to an early goal in 2nd minute to my dismay, Mulryn pulled one back to make it 1-1 H/T New full back hilton scored a stunning goal in 5oth minute to give us hope, Then to my amazment my new centre back cort headed a bal from 40 yeard out which some hoe went into my goal as the keeper stood and watched..

NORWICH 2 - 2 CREW

played well with lots of possesion with Zema Abbey scoring on 10 mins, Paul Mcveigh made it 2-0 on 65 and was crusing untill, Mcveigh tried to dribble the ball in his own penalty box and was tackled by Morgan who smashed the ball home icon_frown.gif on 86 mins, could not beleive mt luck when after the kick off i lost the ball for Bell to score an equaliser for Crew, not pleased.

SHEFF UTD 0 - 1 NORWICH

With no2 keeper standing in for the poor form of Green Won this game with a wonderfull strike from Zemma Abbey 38 mins. well done the boys..

NORWICH 0 - 0 BRISTOL CITY

As the score suggests boring game which norwich dominated but couldnt find the net, on the plus side Bristol were 6th and have now kept 2 clean sheets in a row with no 2 keeper in goal and un defeated in 4 games icon_smile.gif

with some cheep aditions to the squad with a new back 4 i now have hope for the remaining season..

Chooo Chooo, Train Coming From Stevenage Through Division 2, Non-Stop to Division 1

The league form has gone back on track after our first defeat of the season to high flying Reading. The Cups we've always liked to have a good run in but they are just a bonus for us which ever round we go out in as the Reserves play in them so that First Team Players dont get tired in a congested fixture list.

League : Stevenage vs Barnsley

It was time for play off contenders Barnsley to come and pay us a visit, with us having just recently losing our first game of the season the lads were fired up to get the form they've shown back on track and show waht their made off. It was a solid all round performance and we brushed up anything we were doing on the training ground, a set play saw O'Donoghue score which was followed by some fantastic displays and saw two more go into the opponents net by long standing members Huckerby and Humphreys.

Full Time : Stevenage 3 : 0 Barnsley

Goals : O'Donoghue, Huckerby, Humphreys

FA Cup : First Round - Southport vs Stevenage

The reserves looked fired up for this one I told them to prove themselves, what do they do? Look like a bunch of clowns, although a thrilling game for the Reserves they let themselves down by conceding too many goals and not making enough of their chances, they should of won it but goals from Borg and Johannsson just wernt enough, still, one less game to worry about in our fixture list.

Full Time : Southport 4 : 3 Stevenage

Goals : Borg (2), Johannsson

Vans Trophy : Stevenage vs Northampton

Well the Reserves had a busy schedule, their 2nd game in a row, could they do better than the last one? You bet they did, they got over the last match dissapointments and got on with the job in hand, it took a super sub though to score the goals but they played quite solidly throughout the game.

Full Time : Stevenage 2 : 1 Northampton

Goals : Poole (2)

League : Preston vs Stevenage

An absolutely massive game here and its away aswell, Preston have been more than impressive so far this season and it has showed as they are 3rd in the league, they were hot on form, well, until they met us that was. We were the underdogs but showed them not to under estimate us and therefore went on a demolition of the former first division side. A superb double by Poole continued his scoring spree followed by goals from Humphreys and club captain Juliusson.

Full Time : Preston 0 : 4 Stevenage

Goals : Juliusson, Poole(2), Humphreys

League : Torquay vs Stevenage

Another tough side and once again away aswell, our second game on the road but we were on a high and it certainly showed in this game too, the home fans were leaving the ground early after a solid display by us saw us take the three points back home with thanks to a brace by free scoring striker Chris Humphreys.

Full Time : Torquay 0 : 2 Stevenage

Goals : Humphreys (2)

League : Stevenage vs Peterborough

Back infront of the home fans to show that we're just as good at home as we are away, its high flying P'boro visiting us, they are 4th in the table and suprisingly doing a lot better since former EFB member Edan left us. Well it didnt matter that he wasnt manager anymore as we made the game look easy and they went home empty handed, a solid display once more which saw the setplays work out once more with O'Donoghue scoring from the corner, Gilder and McPhee also notching up well worked goals.

Full Time : Stevenage : 3 : 1 Peterborough

Goals : O'Donoghue, Gilder, McPhee

League : Stevenage vs Colchester

The promotion chasing sides are really under-estimating us, they are expecting an easy game but then get a complete thrashing, so we welcomed Colchester to us with open arms. With one of the best defensive records in the league and the best strike force it was time to unleash them once more and Colchester went home after being taught a football lesson. An all round effort saw Poole back on the scoring sheet by grabbing a hattrick, his goals were followed up by Humphreys and Ebanks-Blake.

Full Time : Stevenage 5 : 0 Colchester

Goals : Poole (3), Humphreys, Ebanks-Blake

League Cup : 4th Round - Charlton - Stevenage

The reserves got a run out once more and it was a game that really should of gone our way, but in true CM style we lost and crash out of the cup, superman was in goal for Charlton and the typical CM goal came along 8minutes from time when they scored from a corner. We got a consolation goal but we did profit quite well from this game in our financial department.

Full Time : Charlton 2 : 1 Stevenage

Goals : Huckerby

Vans Trophy : Qtr Final -Stevenage vs Cambridge

Reserves get the nod once more to try and get a decent cup run, but this they it wasnt that they let the team down, they got screwed big time, Cambridge made 2 shots all game, one from a penalty which secured the win for them, compared to over 15 chances from the reserves it showed again that Superman came to the rescue of Cambridge, they were very lucky but its one less game for us to worry about meaning we will finally see out our remaining fixtures without congestion, it gives us a good chance for that title challenge and plenty of rest between games.

Full Time : Stevenage 1 : 2 Cambridge

Goals : Porarinsson

League : Stevenage vs Oldham

We're back to the league games, the first team come back after a well deserved rest due to the cup games, we've suffered two very unlucky defeats but its time to put the show back on the road and show just exactly what we're made off, who better to do it against but mid-table side Oldham who arnt having the best of seasons. It didnt take long either before the home fans were cheering the goals as they just flew in one after another, despite Oldham making it 1-1, we had enough of the one shot one goal AI and put another five past them to show that you dont come to the Stevenage and give them crap. Plenty of changes in the squad threw Oldham, goals from Juliusson, Poole and Elding secured the tie but Humphreys just had to get another hattrick in his Stevenage career.

Full Time : Stevenage 6 : 1 Oldham

Goals : Juliusson, Poole, Humphreys (3), Elding

Although the Cup form wasnt great, the league form is a cut above the rest, it now makes us 11pts clear of 2nd place Chesterfield who are slowly dropping points. In 21 games we scored an impressive 74 while only conceding 15 so far this season.

Some Key player contracts are going to be running out in the summer and its been difficult to negotiate new deals with some of them, especially the captain who I would of thought had more commitment to the club. However, Huckerby and Elding both signed new deals so thats two less players to worry about.

We briefly joined the millionaires club too as Stevenages finances are really shaping up well now, having made such good profit so far this season it was time to do some cut backs, the wages were almost 10k over budget and it was difficult to cut anyone from the first team as we require all them key players. So a mass exodus of 15 players were released from the club, these were all the reserves and U19's we had in the team, we also terminated contracts of two members of staff who were quite frankly not required in our setup, so with all of them leaving it meant that our budget was down by around 4.5k meaning we're only 5.5k over budget.

Good things are looking to be coming to the club, we have Sims back in the heart of the defence and the finances are going to get even better as we will get a new sponsor deal which will hopefully be a few 100k's and then the couple of mill tv deal should see us have a reasonable transfer kitty, yes we will have a transfer kitty icon_biggrin.gif

Leicester update (yes, no kidding!!)

So Leicester are back where they belong, back in the Premier league. The manager change at the half of last season didnt backfire and the good looking Kris brought them back to the Prem. Squad needed to be strenghtend quite alot for them to stay up so lots of players were brought in and some had to be sold to bring the much needed founds into the club.

players in:

Marco Zanchi free transfer from Bologna

Michaell Dubbery for 0 from Leeds

Budeywin Zenden free transfer from Boro

Kwane Quansah (yeah i know this aint spelled propperly) free transfer from Ajax

Sun Ji Hei (or something like that from Man. City)

and some young English defenders who should play an imporatant role for the club in the near future and a Greek guy which name i forgot couse hes a backup now on account that he SUCKS

oh and we also loaned 3players, Gabri from Barcellona, Bastia from Atletico MAdrid and Eidur Gudjohnsen from Newcastle (formerly Chelsea)

players who had to be sold were last years top goalscorer James Scowcroft and Gary Naysmith both bringing the club combined aprox, 2,5mil pounds in.

So where do we stand now, after 16games played on a very solid 10th place with 22points. We lost some, we won some but the possitive thing is we are going with the youth movement for now, trying to survive in the prem and slowly strenghten our squad every year so that we can compete for a UEFA cup place or even CL in 3-5years constantly. We also got the the quarter final stage of the League Cup knocking with a 2:0 superb home win favourites Arsenal London out! In the quarters we now travel to Coventry as we try to move to the semi finals and maybe, just maybe (that is if we dont draw Chelsea or London) sneak into the final and there´s everything possible then!

Talking about the players atm performing for Leicester we must mention a few names. In goal we have the legend, the 33year old GOD of Leicester, Ian Walker! The defence consists of Sun Ji on the left, Gabri on the right and in the centre Zanchi, Curtis and Dubbery. In midfield there are young english hope Jordan Steward, the instrumental and VERY important MArcus Weissenberger and Bastia the fearless defensive midfielder. In attack there is Gudjohnsen and lately more and more Kwame Quansah due to the bad form of michel Bridges who the manager is sure hell come around though as he scored 8goals in the first 12premier league matches.

Stay tuned, more to come tommorow...

Good update Kris. Now was the so fecking hard to do? What a song and dance over a fecking update. I bet the answer is no. I expect a weekly update on your team.

One question though - Who the hell are London????? icon_biggrin.gif

1st December 2005 - Vs Vardar (A) – UEFA cup 2nd round 2nd Leg

After romping to a 4-0 victory in the first leg, the claret and blue army were hoping that their team had done enough to secure passage to the 3rd round, but a tricky away leg was no formality. Carrick and Connolly soon made it just that, both scoring to increase the aggregrate to 6-0 with two away goals within 3 minutes of kick off! Fredrik put the tie beyond all doubt when he made it 3-0 on the night. Vardar did respond with a goal on the stroke of half time, but by then the fight had completely gone out of the team and West Ham cruised in to the third round. 7-1 on aggregate. icon14.gif

4th December 2005 - Vs Blackburn Rovers (H)

West Ham started this match in fine style, completely dominating the Rovers, the big suprises were that West Ham took until the 35th minute to score, and that they only led 1-0 at half time. The second half saw a revitalised Blackburn awaken from their slumber and determined to make West Ham regret the squandered chances in the first half. Kristiansen was stopping everything they threw at him, determined to prove his worth after recent criticism from Rouch. There was however, an air of inevitability about the equaliser, which duly arrived in injury time, courtesy of Markegard. 1-1 the final score.

11th December 2005 - Vs Leicester (A)

The big game against EFB’s Kris, managing the foxes at the Walkers Stadium. After an indifferent run of form West Ham needed to start returning to winning ways if they want to improve on their 7th place finish last season. Defoe, returned to the starting line up opens the scoring after a string of missed chances to put the hammers in 1-0 at half time. The second half saw some more attacking play for the increasingly desperate Leicester but West Ham sucker punched them with a Robinho strike to tie the game up at 2-0. Rouch leaves the Walker Stadium with reputation intact, bragging rights secured and 3 points in the bag. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

17th December 2005 - Vs Southampton (H)

After the confidence boosting win over Kris’s Leicester, West Ham played host to Southampton. The 3rd round draw had been made just prior to the game and the crowd were abuzz at the prospect of playing their sternest opposition in Europe to date, Parma. But the team were focused on the premier league game vs the Saints at the Boleyn. Another game where West Ham dominated but failed to capitalise on their superiority. Repka scored the only goal of the match as West Ham managed to defend the lead and moved to 3rd in the table. 1-0 to the Happy Hammers. icon_wink.gif

26th December 2005 - Vs Middlesborough (A)

Ellington set the Boro on their way at the Riverside with an opening goal within 2 minutes! West Ham quickly responded with a fantastic goal direct from a free kick by Robert Huth, Queudrue decided that anything Huth could, he could do better and promptly matched Huths effort with a wonder strike of his own from a free kick. 2-1 to the home side and only 8 minutes passed! Queudrue struck again just before halftime to give boro a comfortable 3-1 lead at the break. The second half proved to be deadlocked until the final few minutes when the hammers staged a remarkable comeback when Oliseh scored on 86 it seemed nothing more than a late consolation, but Oskarsson grabbed an equaliser 2 minutes later, and some people were wondering if the hammers could steal it in the dying seconds, but unfortunately not. 3-3 the final score. icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif

28th December 2005 - Vs Leeds (H)

After a remarkable comeback on boxing day, confidence and belief were starting to settle in at the West Ham Academy. Mullins scored a rare goal in the first 45 to give Westy Ham the lead, Gavilian and Pongolle added to the tally in the second half to secure a comfortable home win and 3 points and end the year on a high with West Ham looking forward to more European outings in the second half of the season and sitting in an impressive 2nd place in the premiership!

icon14.gificon_cool.gificon_eek.gif

NORWICH CITY RE: Monday-Tuesday

DERBY COUNTY....0 - 0....NORWICH CITY

NORWICH CITY.... 2 - 0....BOLTON

Mulryn 73, 84

CARDIFF.... 0 - 0 ....NORWICH CITY

NORWICH CITY.... 5 - 0 ....BRIGHTON HA

Abbey 9, 63, 66

Mulryn 26 pen, 28

NORWICH.... 0 - 1 ....PORTSMOUTH

Todorov 26

BRADFORD.... 2 - 3 ....NORWICH CITY

Bowditch 15 Guevara 65

Muirhead 80 Abbey 66

Cort 74

NORWICH CITY.... 3 - 1 ....STOKE CITY

Guevara pen 30 Hoekstra 90

Abbey 40, 86

NORWICH CITY.... 1 - 0 ....SCUNTHORPE (FA CUP)

McVeigh 76

NORWICH CITY.... 1 - 2....HULL CITY

Notman 30 ? 45 Elliot 46

With some mixed fortune at carrow road Delia continues to cook her pies and try to poisen the oppostion icon_smile.gif have lost 2 games to Portsmouth and Hull but certainly held our own against both teams, dominated the games but just couldnt find our scoring touch.. I have tried to build my team around a tight defence which Manager Andy Hepburn's Hull was able to get behind the defence to score two goals due to bad marking.. Perhapps a world class defender like Hofland would bolster the defence icon_smile.gif..

No Game Thursday..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Good updates chaps icon_smile.gif

Yes just for a reminder, there will be no session on Thursday as Andy has to go and roger his bird icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Well if that's what it takes to cheer her up then who I am to stand in the way of some hot sex being put my way. icon_cool.gif

Dont know who it will cheer up more though, you or her, enjoy your dirty weekend anyway icon_biggrin.gif

and I swear the leicester manager said that he will give us another update the day after his last......i'm still waiting!!

Good point rouchie. IMO I think we should all have 4.1.5 by Monday night's session as i have read no adverse reactions to it so far.

Oh and rouchie your team bloody West Ham have blown the chance for me to win £200!!!!!! Last time I put them on my coupon. Can't even beat Walsall at home!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

No wonder your in division 1 now. icon_mad.gif

Tell me about it, went to the game, and it was like when steve goes mad about not winning yet has all the possession and chances, I nearly shouted "Bloody CM screwed us again!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

Tell me about it, went to the game, and it was like when steve goes mad about not winning yet has all the possession and chances, I nearly shouted "Bloody CM screwed us again!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived