Englischer Fussball Bund - 03/04 (EFB-03/04)

Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Goldy:

Well after going 20 games unbeaten in the league, it was time for a "CM Moment", you guessed it, we got completely screwed over by CM, Halifax got 2 pens in the game wish no one got booked for!! We lost 2-1 due to their pens and CM not letting me score more than 1 goal from 20+ shots. (typical).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I would beg to differ in this match report icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You win one big game and think your the dog's bollox icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Hard god damn work being this good Goldy. You should know mate icon_biggrin.gif.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hard work? no sorry mate, its just natural for me, some people are just born to keep winning icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Hard god damn work being this good Goldy. You should know mate icon_biggrin.gif.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hard work? no sorry mate, its just natural for me, some people are just born to keep winning icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have won nothing Mr Gold so you should not count your chickens before they hatch!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

hard work? no sorry mate, its just natural for me, some people are just born to keep winning icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not in this edition, but when they do hatch in this EFB2......we'll have enough to start a farm icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

You have won nothing Mr Gold so you should not count your chickens before they hatch!! icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*** EFB Zeitung ***

Read all about it, Read all about it, the EFB Zeitung is back, yes its back!

We've reached around the mid-point of the very first season of EFB2, all things have been going very smoothly indeed and has so far been very successful, the new and old players have mixed together very well indeed and are in the making of yet another high flying edition of EFB.

So the season began........

FA Barclaycard Premiership

With the rules set as they are, we currently have no human managers in the top flight of English Football, I'm sure this will change with seasons to come. Still, there is no reason why it should be kept out of the first edition of the Zeitung.

Well Man Utd are once again top of the Prem with a small lead, there is a real battle for champions league places and even Pompey could be a suprise european qualifier for next season if they keep up their well battled 5th place. Relegation favourites Leicester and Wolves are both enjoying mid table positions but this can easily change as they are only within 5points of the drop zone. Talking of the drop zone both Southampton and Charlton find themselves in it and will need to start a good winning run to get out and stay clear of it, otherwise its the dreaded drop to the First Division.

The top goal scoreres so far in the campaign belong to Chelsea's front line as Hernan Crespo (13) and Adrian Mutu (12) head the group. In the assist rankings Simon Davies (Spurs) is leading the way with 11 followed by Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man Utd) with 9. The best performing player at the moment is Gunners French striker Thierry Henry, his Average Rating makes him a class above the rest at the moment but he's closely followed with good performances by Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu and Leicester keeper Ian Walker.

Nationwide Division 1

Well we originally had two managers starting in the first division, Steve Riddell and Paul Rouch started as managers of two relegated teams, WBA and West Ham respectively. However due to other commitments Steve Riddell an original EFB player had to retire from the game. This left Paul Rouch and his West Ham squad (link) to battle it for the first division crown and bring back top flight football back Upton Park.

Enjoying a lot of very good results and aiming to be the first in top flight football, West Ham manager Paul Rouch is doing a good job so far, currently top of the league however is WBA but only by two points from West Ham who will be happy to take either one of the top two automatic promotion spots although preferably first if manager Paul Rouch can get his way.

As always the rest of the play off places are very close a quite a number of teams are within a chance of snatching a place, at the bottom half of the table its also very close and once again quite a lot of teams are facing the drop if they dont start winning, these include Reading, Walsall, Ipswich and Watford.

Current Top Scorer in the First Division is on loan at West Ham, none other than Massimo Maccarone who has already notched up 20 goals, he's followed by West Brom's Daniel Braathen (14) and Geoff Horsfield (14). Goals have been created from everywhere, Chris Sedgwick has been setting them up for Rotherham as he current leads the Assists Rankings with 11 followed closely by West Ham's Kjell Andre Thu with 10. Every league has a star, the first division is currently being lit up by another on loan star at West Ham, this time Richie Partridge has been putting in some dazzling performances and currently has the highest average rating ,Daniel Braathen (West Brom) and Gary Breen (Sunderland) are two more players who have been performing very well so far this season.

Nationwide Division 2

As we get further down the tables, we seem to find more managers trying to take part in some kind of lower league managment, well smack bang in the middle of the Nationwide leagues are two more managers hoping to advance one step closer to top flight football. They are Mark Brown who takes over Queens Park Rangers andd Edan Waldman who takes the reigns at Peterborough.

Both managers were confident after securing some signings throughout the summer, Q.P.R made the better start of the two teams and are currently in a well deserved third place in the top half of the table. They need to keep up their good performances though if they want to finish in the play offs and will have to play really well to try and break into the automatic promotion spots. Its not been so good for Edan at Peterborough though, a very bad run of form has seen his side slip down the table into their current position of 16th, although it doesnt sound bad they are actually only 3points from the drop zone at the bottom half of the table and will be hoping for a change of fortune if they want to avoid that drop zone.

Rushden's Ornadi Lowe is currently banging the goals in for Rushden as he's the leagues leading goal scorer with 20, he's followed up with another goal machine in QPR's Cherno Samba with 17 goals and keeping his manager very happy. Goals don't always come by themselves and it shows as Rushden's Paul Hall has made the most assists so far this season with 13 and tops the Assists Rankings. Port Vale's Marc Bridge Wilkinson and Blackpool's Martin Bullock both have 9 assists to their name. The star of the Second Division so far is Ornandi Lowe as he's put in some fantastic displays and heads the average ratings table, he's closely followed by QPR pair Porarinn Brunjar Kristjansson and Carlos Arturo Marinelli.

Nationwide Division 3

Well the third Nationwide league see's just one manager taking part in a lower league challenge, its the host of the clan Andrew Hepburn who takes charge at Hull.

Well at the top of the league its Cheltenham and fully deserved as they are yet to lose a league game this season, although its not been plain sailing for them as Hull and Swansea are only 1point behind them, but all three teams will certainly settle for a top 3 position as they are all automatic promotion places. Well at the other end of the table its not going too well for Darlington as they are at the foot of the table, the other relegation spot is being held by Yeovil who could easily get out of it if they get some good results as its still quite close and a number of teams could still be in that drop zone come the end of the season.

The Golden Boot of the Third Division is currently in James Thomas's favour as he leads the Goal scoring chart with 15 goals, he's closesly followed by Stuat Douglas (Boston) and Dave Kitson (Cambridge) both with 14. In the Assists Rankings there is no run away performer as Francis Green (Lincoln), Martin Devaney (Cheltenham), Danny Allsopp and Stuart Elliot (both Hull) are leading the way with 9. Lee Harrison has been so far the best performer in the league, his Average Rating is very good, also with very good performances are Hull players Richie Appleby and Stuart Elliott.

Nationwide Conference

Well the Conference has two managers taking part in the lowest league possible and going true llm style, these two managers are Gareth Jenkinson who takes over at Accrington Stanley and Stephen Gold who takes the reign at Stevenage Borough.

Well at the top of the table its a run away leader at present with Stevenage appearing to rip through the league and banging the goals in at any given chance. It's then a close battle for second place between Dagenham and Aldershot, both teams appear to have secured themselves the first two play off places with their current form continues. Unfortunately the good fortunes have not been happening as much for Gaz at Accrington, they have been slowly slipping down the table since a good start and will be hoping to turn it around and snatch a last minute play off place, they certainly appear to have easily cleared relegation from what can be seen at the bottom of the table.

The Goal King of the Conference is currently Stevenage Striker Chris Humphreys with 21 to his tally, he is being chased by Chester's Kevin Rapley with 19 and Stevenage team-mate Scott Huckerby on 18. With so many goals already Stevenage also head the Assists Rankings with Lee Matthews having 14 already, Aaron Webster (Burton Albion) has 12 and is closely followed by another Stevenage player in Jamie Cook on 11. The league leaders enjoy more success as they've easily had the best performers in the league as the averag ratings of Chris Humphreys and Scott Huckerby have certainly been noticed in every game.

League Cup

The league cup saw very small success for everyone apart from Mark Brown's QPR side, they managed to get a fantastic result against Southampton in the 3rd round but unfortunately then lost against Middlesborough (fourth round) in a game that really should of gone into QPR's favour but the Premiership side managed to hold them out.

QPR give a free football lesson to Southampton on how to score goals.

FA Cup

The magical cup of the beautiful English game, its certainly still got all its magic this year as there have been some absolutely fantastic results for the managers of EFB.

Most noticeably its been Hull manager Andrew Hepburn making all the headlines in the 3rd Round as they made their dreams come true in "the theatre of dreams" by completely trashing Man Utd at Old Trafford. An absolute shocker for all fans and giant killing at its best.

Hepburn and Hull Fans enjoy the reading of the headlines in the morning paper

Premiership Champions Man Utd no match for Hull.

Its not just been Hull who have had their fair share of Giant Killing as also manager Stephen Gold and his Stevenage side are also following the trend. They played Crewe in the 3rd round and also showed them that they should not under estimate the conference teams.

Crewe killed off by Stevenage in the 3rd round.

Head to Head

Well with managers being across all the different leagues there have only been a couple of clashes were fellow EFB managers faced each other.

The first clash saw Mark take on Edan, high flying QPR vs Peterborough. Well it was a close encounter on the score sheet but QPR were unlucky not to have doubled or even trebled it with good chances being wasted.

The second clash saw Accrington take on Stevenage, Gaz against myseft. It certainly wasnt a close clash at all and certainly could of been a lot lot more than what the score line actually was, despite Gaz's tactical changes they didnt help and he got one hell of a trashing.

Manager Profiles (Midpoint :Season 1)

We're half way through the season and below is the track record of how each manager has been getting on so far in the EFB careers.

West Ham : Paul Rouch aka rouchie

QPR : Mark Brown aka mebubcat

Peterborough : Edan Waldman

Hull : Andrew Hepburn aka Andy H

Accrington : Gareth Jenkinson aka gazjuk

Stevenage : Stephen Gold aka Goldy

You may have to copy / paste the url's into your browser due to them being hosted on Geocities.

(if you know a better place for free to host them where this does not have to be done, please let me know)

The December Report

League Game (H) Vs Wimbledon 6-12-03

The Dons at Upton park are the first up in December and are easily put to the sword and sent packing to MK with their tail between their legs with a goal in the first half from Etherington and one in the second from Horlock, 2-0 the final score.

League Game (A) Vs Reading 13-12-03

We travel to Reading in high spirits after our dominating win against Wimbledon the previous week, and we start well with a goal from Partridge in the 14th minute, Reading respond quickly and are back on level terms within 5 minutes however. Stanley Spencer puts Reading in front just before half time. Maccarone equalises for the Hammers shortly after the restart, sadly this just seems to ignite Reading as they go on the rampage scoring 3 more with no reply to win 5-2, West Hams heaviest defeat of the season. West Ham fans leave the Madejski stadium in the wet and disappointed with a poor West Ham display.

League Game (H) Vs Stoke 17-12-03

After the weekends hammering at the Madejski, a solid performance was needed to keep the promotion push on track, a low attendance of just over 20 thousand saw a tentative West Ham take a 1-0 win courtesy of another Maccarone effort, he was proving to be some loan signing!

League Game (A) Vs Cardiff 20-12-03

Continuing our unimpressive away form against Cardiff we managed to let the Mekon claw back an equaliser after Defoe put us in front to register a draw, more points dropped, fortunately West Brom seemed to be replicating our form so we aren’t slipping any further off the pace, but we should be taking advantage rather than standing still!

League Game (H) Vs Crewe 26-12-03

A word for this game, Its 4 letters, begins with a C and ends in a P and isn’t a fish, The fans must have wished that stayed at home for cold turkey, cos the players looked like that was what they were doing! A cold boxing day saw 2 teams doze through 90 minutes for a dull 0-0 draw. Amazingly we are still in touch with top place! Thank god December is now over, lets hope my players all make new year resolutions to rediscover the form that put them up near the top!

well as this is my first post on the game since i joined i cant remember all my scores but from now i promise to keep letting everyone know the scores

well i started the season with peterborough very bad as my defence was getting to many goals and i was really close to the red line ,about 6 games ago i changed tactics and it looks like i am playing good and getting good resaults ,i am 15th place 12 points from the red line,and 18 points from the playoffs after 28 matches i still have a little hope that i can get there as i am getting alot of points now

i joined the game in the middle and didnt have to much time to search players as i only had 60k to buy players

so i bought cheap players so i will have better depth in the squad.

well i hope to get good news for my team next session .

cheers for now

well tonight session was very good for me ,i came in a little late but i won 3-0 when i wasent here ,then i lost 2-0 in a game that i was alot better agianst bournemouth.

then me agianst mark(QPR)and i won from a goal on one of my only chances in the game ,but still 3 points !

then i played grimsby at home and won 2-0 with goals by menapi and newton

then i won home agianst barnsly were the scorer was mecknzie who i just put back in the starting 11 and it paid off!1-0 win !

after that game mcknzie was injured for 4 weeks during training !

and then mark arber my defnder center got injured for 3 weeks

my last game was boring 0-0 !

i managed to sign on free transfer for next year kashaba(31)-sw/d/dm-c from egypt and he has great stats ,hope he can help my defence !

peterborough are now 11th place but still 17 points from the playoff

TIGERS GO TOP AND STAY THERE!!! icon_cool.gif

Yes folks with the end of the season not far away Hull have moved throught their gears quicker than Michael Schumacher and have started to boss the English third division with a string of impressive performances.

First up was a match at home against Lincoln that in all fairness they dominated but could not find that winning goal as their keeper decided to be superman for the day. It was incredible, chance after chance was missed and Hepburn was cursing his luckwith the lack of quality finishing needed to give Hull the win.

Next up was prolly the most important match of the season in the FA Cup replay at Reading. Hepburn had high hopes after their demolition of Manchester Utd at Old trafford but they went out their and froze. A mixture of schoolboy defending and terrible goalkeeping saw Hull City 3-0 down at half time. I have not seen Hull play worse this season and it was not pleasant viewing for the away fans. At the start of the second half Reading then scored their fourth of the game after another piece of schoolboy defending to really put the game beyond any doubt whatsoever. Hepburn decided upon a tactical change and moved to a 433 and within a couple of minutes Courtney Pitt had scored a consolation goal with a terrific shot from inside the area. Then five minutes later Damien Delaney was brave as he put his head into a ruck of players to pull the score back to 4-2. Hull then had a succession of great opportunities to actually pull the match level or even win it but Reading went up the park to score a fifth due to Hull's commitment of men forward. It was a great second half effort but it was just not to be.

Hepburn then had to pick his troops up from the disappointment of the FA Cup for the league game against Bristol Rovers. Hepburn stuck with the same formation his team finished with against Reading and it worked wonders as Hull were on fire creating lots of chances from the off. Icelandic sensation Johan Porhallsson gave them the lead in 14 minutes but then Hull passed up chance after chance and in the 90th minute a Bristol rovers breakaway led to an equaliser. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

After this game Hull have went on a five match winning streak with wins against Huddersfield, Leton Orient, Darlington, York and Macclesfield that has saw Hull climb to the top of the table six points clear of nearest rivals Torquay. Still everything to play for however are there are still plenty of matches to go in the season for this to change. The Hull strikers have really found their shooting boots just when they needed to most for their team as Allsopp, Porhallsson and Elliot have been banging them in during the last few games.

What will tonight's session bring for the tigers of Hull????

icon_cool.gif

Emm... slight problem here lads for tonight's session. I am writing this using my 56k connection as my fooking Broadband won't let me connect right now. Tonight's session therefore may be off until I can connect to the internet using my broadband. icon_frown.gificon13.gif

2004- A New Era!

Jan- 04

In my last report I asked that my player make a new years resolution to recapture the form and consistency that had put them at the tope end of the table, It would be unfair to judge them on their first game of 2004 though, Premiership Liverpool at Anfield in the FA cup, they don’t come much bigger!

FA Cup Vs Liverpool (A) – 3rd Jan 04

A big big game for the hammers, the scousers in scouseland! Just over 37,000 turned out to see the 1st Div challengers against the premiership also rans languishing mid table, was an upset on the cards? It certainly looked that way when Maccarone opened the scoring on 7 minutes with a low shot for West Ham after a very positive start. Liverpool equalised however, with what seemed like their only attack of the first half, Diouf the scorer. 1-1 at half time. 2nd half was a different story with Liverpool penning West Ham in their own half for the rest of the game. Heskey grabbing the winner on 68. West Ham very disappointing with their second 45 performance. 2-1 to the scousers and West Ham left to focus on promotion icon_wink.gif

League Vs Coventry (H) – 7th Jan 04

Carrick opened the scoring in front of the Upton Park faithful as West Ham effortlessly brushed the sky blues aside in this uneven encounter, Oskarsson and, of course, Maccarone adding to the tally to finish easy 3-0 winners. That the boys were now single-mindedly approaching the task of promotion was not in doubt!

League Vs Norwich (A) – 10th Jan 04

The games were coming thick and fast now and a trip up to Carrow road saw us taking on the Canaries, Norwich drew first blood in this fast paced encounter, McVeigh putting them 1 up. Loan signing Richie Partridge continued his rich vein of form to equalise on 20 minutes and a comical OG from Norwich’s Francis put the hammers in front.Defoe put the hammers further in front on 52 minutes and the hammers looked comfortable, that was until Abbey scored a brace to earn Norwich an unlikely draw in a real see-saw of a game. 3-3 the final score!

League Vs Nottm Forest (A) – 16th Jan 04

Another away game saw the boys in claret and blue travelling to the City Ground, a long way removed from the pomp of old big ‘eads reign but still one of the preseason tips for the promotion dog fight! Maccarone (Who else?) took a 1st minute lead flitting past the defence who still had the whistle ringing in their ears and slotting past the still sleeping Forest Keeper, 0-1! Game on, Forest responded quickly and Briscoe got them back on level terms within 3 more minutes. Maccarone restored West Hams dominance in the 16th minute and West Ham went in at half time 2-1 up. Maccarone completed his hatrick shortly after the restart, Connolly also got in the act grabbing a brace with Forest only grabbing one more from Johns. 2-5 the final score, West Ham back at the top! Happy days!

League Vs Watford (H) – 21st Jan 04

Watford were the next visitors to the Boleyn to face the freescoring league leaders and West Ham continued their great run of form with Maccarone grabbing another 2 (he is becoming unstoppable!) His second was after his penalty was saved, so the keeper relieved at saving the penalty, howled in frustration as he netted the rebound. Carrick grabbed a goal to put the hammers 3-0 up at half time. The second half was all but over when Watford sprang in to life scoring 2 in the last 4 minutes, but it was too little too late unfortunately, 3-2 to the juggernaut that is West Ham

League Vs Rotherham (A) – 28th Jan 04

After the close finish against Watford Paul Rouch was looking at his team to maintain their concentration for the full 90 this game. Defoe put the travelling West Ham on their way, and Carrick added to that on the hour, But again, West Ham let a team that should have been dead and buried back into the game with Smith and Warne both scoring at the Millmoor to level the score at 2-2 the equaliser disappointingly arriving in the dying minutes of the game.

January drew to a close and promising young manager Paul Rouch was awarded the Manager of the month for the second time this season, the first being in his first month in the job. Kjell Andre Thu also won the Young Player of the month. It looked like the guys were keeping to their resolution. West Ham fans although initially sceptical of the young unknown were now more than happy that the right man was in the job.

Oops Missed a January game from my report! Another win! read it here

League Vs Sheff Utd (H) – 31st Jan 04

After the disappointing draw at Rotherham, definitely 2 dropped points!, A good home performance was demanded of the team. The team did not disappoint! Defoe, Maccarone and Oskarsson grabbing one each in a stroll of a win. 3-0. Harald Schumacher, the cheating German Keeper turned manager, was apoplectic as his team were outclassed destined for the promised land of the premiership, not a good omen for his first game in charge!

2004- A New Era!

Feb 04

Following on from the massive month that was January, a steady hand was needed to maintain all the good work already done

League Vs Crystal Palace (A) – 7th Feb 04

Striving to maintain the magnificent run Maccarone grabbed an almost effortless brace, defoe and Partridge adding to the eagles woes as Popovic was sent off and Rihilhati crocke. A canter of a 4-0 win with West Ham never really exerting themselves.

League Vs Wigan (H)– 14th Feb 04

Full confidence restored after an easy run out at Selhurst Park and a visit to the Boleyn from Wigan. West Ham were at their scintillating best as the continued their goalscoring exploits and utter domination of the first division, another 2 from fans favourite the on loan Maccarone and Carrick grabbing a rare brace too only told half the story. West Ham simply bossed the whole pitch, end to end with Wigan not even getting a sniff of the West Ham goal. The premiership here we come!! Another 4-0

League Vs Walsall (A) – 18th Feb 04

Maccarone (I love that man!) and Bertelsen do the damage in the first half at the Bescot Stadium. Walsall pull one back through Flood in the second half but west hams run continues! 9 games undefeated since the FA cup loss to Liverpool at the turn of the year. 2-1 to the cockney boys

League Vs Sunderland (H) – 22nd Feb 04

After 4 straight wins the boys wanted this next win to give their Manager the best winning sequence of the season, they did not let me down. 2-1, 5 straight wins with Defoe doing the deed and scoring both goals while Sunderland were restricted to the one reply from Tommy Smith, with McAteer losing it and getting sent off it was a miserable journey back up to geordieland for the mackems!

League Vs WBA (A) – 27th Feb 04

A top of the table clash for the last game of February, a real 6 pointer, If West Ham win, it could be 11 points clear, if thy lost that would be cut to 5pts by their nearest rivals. A 2-0 lead established in the first 45 by Alpay and Defoe was thrown away in the second half as the baggies decided they did want to make a fight of it. Thomas and Hughes getting them back to level terms, where it remained. 2-2 and another game where you feel West Ham threw away 2 points

The February Manager of the Month was presented to the increasingly well thought of West Ham Manager and rising star Paul Rouch, his 3rd such award and 2nd in succession. Michael carrick comes 3rd in the goal of the month competition and Richie Partridge acknowledges his managers contribution as he picks up the player of the month award. Life is good at Upton Park at the moment icon_biggrin.gif

2004- A New Era!

Mar 04

February saw West ham tighten their stranglehold on the Nationwides top spot. More of the same was demanded by their ambitious manger as they went into March after a near 2 week internationals enforced break.

League Vs Ipswich (A) 10th March 04

After the disappointment of letting 2nd place Albion off the hook West Ham are keen to re-establish the winning mentality which has seen them blow away opposition this year as West ham try to regain admission to the premiership at the first attempt. Maccarone proving his worth yet again, sets West Ham on the way with a 4th minute drive, the Tractor Boy’s Counago equalises fortuitously on 17 mins but Bertelsen regains the lead for West Ham before the end of the first half. The 2nd half flys by with little incident and the Hammers drive back to London with 3 points in the bag

League Vs Gillingham (H) 13th March 04

The Gills travelled to Upton Park more in hope than anticipation and all hope was mercilessly dashed as the hammers continued their amazing unbeaten run and put the Blues to the blade with 2 second half goals securing the points, Defoe and Maccarone 1 apiece! 2-0

League Vs Bradford City (H) 16th March 04

Another home match, another mis-match!! 4-0. another romp in the park as West Ham were a class apart! 4 flattered the Bantams defence as the Hammers waltzed in and out at will. Bradford resorted to crude tactics but the Claret And Blue were rewarded with 2 penalties, one converted by Maccarone and one by Etherington, the other 2 goals coming in open play from Partridge and another form Etherington. The unbeaten home run continues, no defeats in the league at the Boleyn all season

League Vs Preston North End (A) 16th March 04

West Ham were the team of the moment, wiping the floor with the PNE boys in front of their home crowd, 5-1 and the goalden exploits of Maccarone with a further goal from him, Defoe knocked in another 2 , Etherington and Connolly both chipped in as well and Ricardo Fuller did his best to give the home team some consolation when he got one back, but 5-1 the final score and the boys beginning to look unstoppable!

League Vs Burnley (A) 31st March 04

Etherington opened the scoring with the seasons 100th league goal for West Ham, Defoe added another before half time to keep the momentum of West Hams promotion push going. The second half proved a tad trickier however, although Defoe put the Hammers further in front with his second goal, West Hams seemingly unassailable 3 goal lead did come under pressure with Moore and Tabb both netting in the final Ten to make for a nervous final few minutes, but the hammers hang on to complete the month with a 100% record! Rock on! 19 consecutive league games undefeated, how long can this go on? A playoff place already secure, Fans are ecstatic with the managers and the teams performance

At the monthly awards, West Ham grabbed all but the goal of the month with Jermaine Defoe coming in 2nd. Player of the month was once again picked up by Richie Partridge, the on loan Liverpool lad once again acknowledged the debt of gratitude he owed Paul Rouch for his support. Young Player of the month was won by Kjell Andre Thu and the Manager of the month was won for the 3rd successive month by the hammerettes heart throb that is Paul Rouch icon_wink.gif. As 2004 progressed, promotion was looking more and more like a formality for the brilliant West Ham, and the supporters were loving every minute of it, even the board had been seen celebrating the fantastic run of results!

icon14.gif

************ANNOUNCEMENTS****************

As Xmas is fast approaching I propose the following schedule for EFB:

Thursday Night as normal

Monday Night 22/12 - Game will be off. Want to spend time with my girlfriend before she goes home

Tuesday Night 23/12 - Game will be on as normal

Then if someone else could host ie maybe Gaz then the game could continue in my absence over Christmas and New year as I have said I am away till the 11th of January. Or we have a break till I get back after in the New year.

Also in the new year I am afraid I am gonna have to take out one of the sessions on a Tuesday night as I will be working till 9pm or so unless we can agree on a session from say 9.30pm or so till 12pm then it will be cancelled. Now this only a sugestion and I would be glad if others put their views forward on this matter or any other suggestions they may have.

*#*#* Stevenage Bulletin *#*#*

FA Cup Update

Well we did really well, furthest EFB team icon_smile.gif

Another Giant Killing feat followed against Bristol City, former player Mattews started the rout.Cook and Coates grabbed a goal each with Humphres getting two. Final score was 5-2.

Then we got Burnley, we should of come out of this game about 6-1 winners.....but thanks to CM and its lovely play we lost 2-1 and crashed out the cup icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif .....bloody CM, dominate a team and get screwed.

FA Trophy

Well forgetting the FA Cup misery, our FA Trophy run has been execptional aswell, 3rd round saw St Albans on their way, Artus, Dadi, Matthews and Huckerby scoring. Farnborough were trashed 4-1 in the 4th round in which Campos got two, Huckerby and Brennan scored the others. Burton where then beat with goals from Juliusson and Huckerby which then saw us thrash Gravesend and send us through to the semi final with Juliusson scoring once again and Humphreyes finding his golden boots and bagging a brace.

Conference League

Its been really good in the leage, we've had a good run of games once again and have been on a good unbeaten run, wins over Gravesend (5-2), Leigh (4-1), Hereford (5-0), Aldershot (3-0), Forest Green (3-0), Morecambe (2-0), Scarborough (3-0) and draws against Margate (1-1) and Burton (2-2)

Most of the goals have been scored my club captain and star midfielder Juliusson (Julio), Huckerby and Humphreys who now has 38 goals to his name icon_smile.gif

Not been a bad session at all for the club, fantastic victories in all competitions and in true cm style we did get screwed a couple of times.

There's something i forgot.....what was it now........oh yeah..........its a song the Stevenage fans are all singing............

"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OH WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS"

CHAMPIONS,CHAMPIONS,CHAMPIONS

You guessed it icon_smile.gif Stephen Gold and his Stevenage side have won the NATIONWIDE CONFERENCE, scoring already over a 100 goals and getting near the 100points mark we have done it, there are still a few games left but we can now sit back and relax and watch the fight for the play off places. Very happy with the success that we've had and hope it continues.......the double is still on but this was our main target icon_smile.gif

well for me another good sesion but the teams on the playooff spots dont seem to loose points

and now i am 15 points away from them with about 7-8 more games to go ,looks like it will be very hard to get to the playoffs ,i started playing good a little late.

any way the board and the suppurters are pleased as thy expected me to finish in mid table and i am a bit higher then that

the games :

i started off agianst barnsley at home and i won 1-0 from a goal by menapi !

then another boring 0-0 at colchester

then won oldham 2-1 with menapi scoring 2 more goals ,the second one on the 83 minute to give peterbourgh the win !

then i had a great game agianst hartlepool away

i won 3-1 ,great game from all the club and bradley (defender center) finished with a 10 and a goal!

then a home game agianst cheesterfield wee i was all over them but couldnt score ,so the game finished in a 0-0 draw

then i played away at rusden and i won 3-2 at a great football match for all the fans

the board were glad at beating arch rivals !

then the last game i couldnt seem to score agianst notts county at home ,the game finished at 0-0 !

well this session ended as 4 wins and 3 draws not bad !

hope i can still do the unbelivable !

************************* ANNOUNCEMENT*************************************

The new patch for CM 03/04 has arrived and if possible would like everyone in EFB to have this patch by next Tuesday as I have it. So if you don't have it you won't be able to play. icon_biggrin.gif

The file is however 44 MB so rouchie you better get downloading today. You never know you may have it by next Tuesday but only just. icon_biggrin.gif Same with you Mr Gold.

Bloody prehistoric internet connections, I dunno. icon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

Andy,

Was the save game ok? if not how much did we lose? Let me know before I post my Aril update!icon_cool.gif

Oh, and any chance you can burn the patch to CD and post to me and Goldy as our poor 56k connection will mean we'll still be dl Tuesday if we start tonight icon_eek.gif

Will the patch arrive by Tuesday though mate if he sent it?

What i will do if I cant get the satellite working myself (parents gone on hol) i will pop down to my uncle's or mates and burn it onto cD.....so i should have it lads by Tuesday icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

Andy,

Was the save game ok? if not how much did we lose? Let me know before I post my Aril update!icon_cool.gif

Oh, and any chance you can burn the patch to CD and post to me and Goldy as our poor 56k connection will mean we'll still be dl Tuesday if we start tonight icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We only lost one game as I have it on weekly save. icon_cool.gif

Sorry mate I was away all day yesterday so I have only just came on here and seen this post from yourself. I doubt very much if the patch would get there for Tuesday now mate. icon_frown.gif

If I had sent it yesterday then you both would have got it on Tuesday or even Monday.

Does Edan have broadband? I know Mark does so I can give him the patch when comes online on Tuesday as I doubt he will be online before then.

So that means I can post my April update Andy? btw, I managed to dl the patch last night, 3 plus hours it took icon_eek.gif and now your telling me it might screw our game? icon_mad.gif as Goldy would say (at every given opportunity icon_rolleyes.gif) "typical, screwed by CM yet again!" icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

So that means I can post my April update Andy? btw, I managed to dl the patch last night, 3 plus hours it took icon_eek.gif and now your telling me it might screw our game? icon_mad.gif as Goldy would say (at every given opportunity icon_rolleyes.gif) "typical, screwed by CM yet again!" icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep no problem rouchie. We will see how v 4.1.3 works on our save game game but if we run into problems then we may have to start again. icon_frown.gif

Downloading the new patch will be worth it mate but 3 hours!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

If it is any consolation I downloaded it in 5 minutes. The power of broadband icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif.

Good point Rouchie. It seems this patch is more trouble than it's worth when it comes to online games of CM. So I would agree with rouchie on this one that we move back to v4.1.2 and continue till the new patch is out. Although it has been said a thousand times to get the best results from a new patch you have to start a new game. icon_frown.gif So more than likely we will be starting again with this in mind. If we want to keep our long term game bug free then I would say this would be the best option.

So we can discuss this tonight as no one will prolly be on here till tonight anyway.

Concerning the reinstalling process. AS I am host would I just burn the game onto a CD, reinstall CM 03/04 and then put the game back in the appropriate folder?

Andy, copy the user data folder and place it in a seperate location. Uninstall, then physically delete the remaining folders. Reinstall, then just drop the user date back in. This will keep all your tactics, shortlists and save games. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck!

2004 – A new era

April report

League Game Vs Millwall (A) 3rd April

With the hammers riding high, Paul Rouch left the Assistant manger in charge of the first April Game due to other commitments. Millwall were the opponents at the New Den, West Ham drew first blood in a closely fought game, through a Maccarone effort, but this was cancelled out with a strike from Peacock and then Fofana pout Millwall in front in the second half. West Hams response was immediate with a Defoe equaliser within a minute, Jermaine then put the Hammers ahead on 84, which looked sufficient to win the game, but Millwall had other ideas, and Bob Peeters grabbed a deserved equaliser in the dying seconds. 3-3 the final score and promotion is secured!

League Game Vs Reading (H) 10th April

The manager returns to reignite the West Ham challenge for the title. An easy 4-0 win sees West Ham in complete control, Defoe grabs two, Maccarone and Etherington set the others. Chants of “we’re going up†echo around the Boleyn as the crowd acknowledge the teams achievement of gaining promotion at the first attempt.

League Game Vs Derby (H) 18th April

Another dominating performance that wouldn’t look out of place for a premiership team sees the hammers run out comfortable 3-0 winners with Defoe again grabbing 2 and Maccarone getting the other. Although the championship is not yet secured the West Ham fans obviously believe it is only a formality now as they sing the old Queen classic “We are the championsâ€

League Game Vs Wimbledon (A) 21st April

Tired bodies and minds are strating to take effect and Partridge and Etherington are rested for this game as fatigue sets in.West Ham still stroll to a 2-1 half time lead with Defoe and Oskarsson netting for the Hammers and Newland responding for Wimbledon, . The 2nd half sees the Dons Newland steal a goal for a fortunate draw for Wimbledon. The championship champagne had to be put on ice!

League Game Vs Stoke (A) 24th April

The season is nearing its climax and a win here will give West Ham the championship. Maccarone converts an early chance to put West Ham in the driving seat in the first half. 1-0 half-time. Maccarone again on 64 to double the Irons advantage (surely a hammer of the year contender?) Stoke pull one back with a dubious penalty on 69 but offer little else in the closing stages of the game as West Ham go on to win 2-1 at the Potters Britannia Stadium and clinch the First Division Title! Champions with games to spare. The fans go mad and start a hell of a party up in the potteries which goes on all night long with the manager that no one wanted at the start of the season being toasted as a tactical messiah by all!

2 games left to play, at home to cardiff with the Nationwide League Champions cup to parade, the Hammers suddenly lost the plot and lost at the Boleyn for the first time in the league all season in our last home game! 1-0 to the bluebirds, how ironic! the last game. Our last game of the season saw Maccarone sign off a tremendous loan spell with a further 2 goals to win 2-0 at Crewe. Maccarone finished as the divisions highest scorer with 41 league goals. Richie Partridge was an equally succesful loan chipping in with 20 assists! Div 1 champions and Paul Rouch is looking forward to the challenge of premiership football at Upton Park next season!

Happy christmas lads hope you all have a good one and done do anything i wouldnt do! other than rouchie because drinking as much as you do would kill me icon_wink.gif

sorry for the lack of updates for this season will be better next season i promise!

well done to all in winning promotion and unlucky to edan and me for not doing icon_frown.gif.also well done andy by having the game run smoothly.

Big up to Andy for running and hosting the game so smoothly. icon_smile.gifMerry Christmas to all of the EFB clan, and best wishes for the new year icon_biggrin.gif

Gaz, what are you saying? icon_confused.gif Looking forward to life in the premiership next season!see you all on the 12th Jan 2004 (seems so long away icon_frown.gif )

Well so EFB Continued under the .2 patch icon_smile.gif

Only a couple of games left and I didnt really give a crap how we get one cos we're already the CHAMPIONS icon_biggrin.gif

We also managed to do the DOUBLE, yes DOUBLE icon_biggrin.gif

FA Trophy came with a breeze, domination in the game saw us win the game and complete a very successful season for us icon_smile.gif

I would tell you more but it will just keep you more interested icon_smile.gif

EFB Zeitung will be published before new years......the last of 2003.......bring on 2004 icon_smile.gif

First season finished already, I'm impressed. Just another 16 to go then before you catch up with the first EFB icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to see that it took me resigning for Paul to win Division 1, hehe. Did Albion get promoted in the end? Has anyone poached Daniel Braathen yet? icon_cool.gif

Anyway, hope things continue to go well when you start up again lads, shame that I'm not able to play. I'd have tought you a thing or two about getting relegated as well. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll be keeping an eye on things. Good luck,

S

While I remember, could a mod delete my old 'Robbo' account, had to create a new one 'cause I couldn't get into the old one. Cheers. icon_smile.gif

I think they did go up steve, i'll be doing the Zeitung shortly so we'll be able check if they did icon_smile.gif

You could have not just taught us about a few relegations.....but also "lows" and "very lows" and even "lower lows" too which you build up at clubs like Wycombe (9-2) icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No one poaches Braathen yet, he's still waiting for his chance to come down a few leagues icon_smile.gif

Happy new year to one and all! God, still over a week til the game recommences! I cant wait much longer! Steve R, shame you couldn't hang on to give my championship a little more meaning! icon_biggrin.gif Steve G, I await the Zeitung with great anticipation! icon_cool.gif

Happy New year

Just to say hope you all enjoyed your christmas and new year and hope you are all refreshed after our winter break. Hope the tours of the far east and america reaped the shirt sales you hoped for , and roll on the new season.

Archived