Englischer Fussball Bund - 03/04 (EFB-03/04)

Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thedazstar:

Well Pete, I hope you enjoy your time eith EFB, I know in the short time i have been here i have fully enjoyed my time as manager of Man City.

By the way mate if Andy seems to be a bit grouchie i think its because with his results latly he's handing the title to rouchie on a plate icon_smile.gif

He's a ***** cat really <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me state the point I have made on many occasions my team are merely trying to gain a respectable postion in the premiership and am not interested in title wins just yet. Now if my board want me to win the title then I will have no problems winning it for them. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artemis Entreri:

i would like to join your clan.. but how?? can you help me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a thread on the forums "The Clan Application Thread", its a stick so it'll be at the top, put your details in there and im sure Steve and Andy will take a little look!! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robdaman77:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artemis Entreri:

i would like to join your clan.. but how?? can you help me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a thread on the forums "The Clan Application Thread", its a stick so it'll be at the top, put your details in there and im sure Steve and Andy will take a little look!! icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob means the "Available Player thread".

This clan is an invitation clan and the only way to get in would be if Myself and Andy_H ask you to join. icon_smile.gif

west%20ham.JPG?rev=311200414006AM

Hammers at home in the elite 07-08

After the perfect month of January, and a long unbeaten run, the hammers have a very important few weeks ahead of them as they try to tighten their grip on the premiership top spot and continue their progress in the cups!

Sat, 2.2.2008 -15:00 (H) Southampton -Premier Division

West Ham continued their remarkable unbeaten run as they waltzed in and out of the Southampton defence to cut the saints to ribbons! Goals from Oliseh, Simonetta and Arteta broke the Southampton resistance in the first half leaving the second to be treated a s training match icon_smile.gif

Result – West Ham 3 Southampton 0

Oliseh 25

Simonetta 29

Arteta 36

Att - 30260

Wed, 6.2.2008 - 19:30 (A) Crystal Palace - League Cup Semi Final Leg 2

West Ham cruised into the league cup final after crushing the Eagles 7-0 at Selhurst Park. A hatrick from Oskarsson, and a brace each for Kristjanssen and Robinho leaves a shell shocked palace reeling and dumped out of the cup icon_biggrin.gif

Result – Crystal Palace 0 West Ham 7

Oskarsson 16, 43, 55

Kristjanssen 34, 85

Robinho 58, 63

Att - 26378

Sat, 9.2.2008 - 15:00 (A) Newcastle - Premier Division

West Hams nemesis, Newcastle were our next opponents, West Ham have only managed 1 win over the Geordies under Paul Rouch, and this afternoon was an opportunity for the in-form hammers to start reversing the trend. Things started well with an Oskarsson goal on 16, which Klose pegged back to leave it all square at half-time. The second half saw the magpies take control, and Bellamy then Ward sealed the win for the northeasterners and West Hams miserable run against Newcastle continued just as the fantastic unbeaten run was also put to an end icon_frown.gif

Result – Newcastle 3 West Ham 1

Klose 36 Oskarsson 16

Bellamy 68

Ward 90

Att - 45909

Sat, 16.2.2008 - 15:00 (A) Newcastle – FA Cup 5th Round

A week after losing to the Geordies in the premiership and West Ham face the Toon in the FA Cup. This time Newcastle opoened the scoring through Klose, Robinho looked to have done enough to force a replay when he equalised on 78, but Klose grabbed the winner on 85 and sent the hammers out of the FA Cup icon_mad.gif

Result – Newcastle 2 West Ham 1

Klose 5, 85 Robinho

Att – 45927

Sat, 16.2.2008 - 15:00 (H) Blackburn - Premier Division

Just as the Hammers had begun to believe that they were invincible, the results start to turn against them. West Ham were all over Blackburn in this game and should have won comfortably, but the game ended 1-1 icon13.gif

Result –West Ham 1 Blackburn 1

Bertelsen 8 Thomas 49

Att - 21835

Sat, 23.2.2008 - 15:00 (A) Chelsea - Premier Division

Chelsea grabbed an early lead from Cisse, then Olseh was sent off for West Ham, Yet Robinho managed to score 2 before the break to give the hammers a lead! The Blues hammered another two straight after the break in quick succession to regain the lead, then Dacourt put a fourth in the net to give Chelski a 2 goal cushion. Kristjannsen netted late in the game to give an air of respectability to the scoreline, West Ham now in freefall with 4 games in a row without a win icon_eek.gif

Result – Chelsea 4 West Ham 3

Cisse 4 Robinho 40, 43

Bischoff 46 Kriostjanssen83

Crespo 49

Dacourt 53

Att – 42434

Wed, 27.2.2008 - 19:45 (H) Real Madrid - Champions Cup 2nd Rnd Leg 1

After the recent run of bad results West Ham needed a win to restart their campaign, and just when you need an “easy†game, you get Real Madrid in the Champions League!! Not what you would hope for. Rouchie demanded a performance from the boys in Claret and Blue, and the team responded, Arteta grabbing the first after only 7 minutes, and Simonetta grabbed a 2nd and Robinho the third before Adriano pulled one back for Los Glacticos on the stroke of half time. The second saw the hammers continue to dominate and Arteta added to his first half strike, and Robinho sent the hammers fans home happy with a 90th minute wonderstrike to seal a perfect evening icon_biggrin.gif

Result – West Ham 5 Real Madrid 1

Arteta 7, 49 Adriano 45

Simonetta 30

Robinho 40, 90

Att – 27947

Despite a very poor month which saw the hammers knocked out of the FA Cup, and toppled from the summit of the premiership, Simonetta won the young player of the month icon_eek.gif , progressed to the league cup final, and probably done enough in the 1st leg of their Champions League encounter with Real Madrid to ensure passage to the quarter Finals icon_biggrin.gif

Hull_2.JPG?

Tiger Times

The season started well for Hull but now it is all falling apart for the Tigers as they struggle to come to terms with the pressure of being up there with the big boys of the Premiership. Out of the race for the title, out of Europe so spectacularly and out of both domestic cup competitions they have nothing else left to play for as the season draws to a close. Here is a run down of what has happened.....

The League Campaign

Southampton v Hull - (A) - 3-1

After the FA Cup exit Hull had to get their minds back onto league business for the trip to the south coast. It turned out to be a match that Hull manager Hepburn will want to forget quickly. They got off to the worst possible start when straight for kick off James Beattie grabbed the lead for Southampton. To Hull's credit they fought their way back into the game and equalised thanks to a goal from Stuart Elliot. However, Roy Carroll whom Hull had relied on so often produced a comedy of errors to gift Southampton a 3-1 lead at half time. Hull tried valiantly to get back into the game but could not find a way past both Niemi then Gareth Williams in the Southmapton goal. A poor individual performance from Carroll really cost Hull this game.

Hull v Newcastle - (H) - 1-1

Another extremely tough game for the Tigers here as old rivals Newcastle came to The Circle full of optimism following Hull's mini crisis. The confidence of Newcastle soared after only eleven minutes when Kristiansen put Newcastle one up. Hull were lucky to be at half time 1-0 down as Newcastle created numerous opportunities to put the game beyond Hull. On this occasion Roy Carroll was on top form to prevent a cricket score. Second half and afteran infamous Hepburn rollicking Hull came out a different team. They came out like the Hull we had seen eariler in the season all guns blazing and had a real go at Newcastle. Tim Howard was in top form though and it wasn't until injury time that Hull finally equalised. The goal came from Michael Stewart from the edge of the area and it sent the Hull fans home with knowldege that their team may have turned the corner.

Blackburn v Hull - (A) - 2-1

A trip to Blackburn proved fruitful for Hull as they came away with a priceless victory. It was a tough gaem that Hull started very well indeed. Pressing Blackburn and not giving them a minute on the ball although they did fall behind against the run of play. The goals came late on for Hull from Aghahowa and then a winner from Stuart Downing a minute from time gave Hull the three points.

Hull v Chelsea - (H) - 3-0

A game that Hull were back to their best in here against Chelsea. They got off to a flyer as after only ten minutes John Terry had put the ball in his own net from a corner. After the goal both Hull and Chelsea had chances but at half time it was 1-0 to Hull. In the second half Hull increased their lead thanks to a goal from Partridge and then another from Simone Padoin sealed a great win for Chelsea.

Fulham v Hull - (A) - 5-2

Yet another fantastic performance for Hull as they look to be getting their season back on track. They overan Fulham in every department and it could have been more than five. The highlight was a rturn to form of Marco Borriello who banged in a great hat trick and Julius Aghahowa also grabbed a couple of goals.

Hull v Liverpool - (H) - 1-1

Three points looked a certainty when bottom club Liverpool came calling to The Circle. The match turned out to be an onslaught on the Pool goal as Hull produced some superb build up play that was rewarded after only three minutes as Damien Delaney spun in the area from a corner and cracked a drive into the roof of the Liverpool net. It was one way traffic after that as Hull tried to increase their lead but Chris Kirkland produced some fine saves to deny them. Disaster struck for Hull eight minutes from time as Hull were caught on the counter attack and El Hadji Diouf scored a priceless equaliser for Liverpool and it may have been this game that put Hull out of the race for the title.

Hull v Wolves - (H) - 1-1

After two dropped points at home to Liverpool Hull were keen not to let the same thing happen against Wolves who have been labelled by Hepburn as Hull's 'bogey team'. By now Hull's title ambitions were hanging by a thread as West Ham just kept on winning. Hull started the game with a lot of purpose and put Wolves uner constant pressure but with no reward till the thrity-eighth minute when Marco Borriello put Hull ahead. In the second half Wolves came out much more focussed and had the better of the second half. Kenny Miller got the equaliser for Wolves with a glorious strike. Wolves could have won the game in injury time but for a world class save from David Marshall. Effectively Hull were now out of the title race as they had faltered badly against teams they should have beaten.

Man Utd v Hull - (A) - 1-1

This was one of Hull's worst performances of the season at Old Trafford as they could not do anything right, well in the first half anyway. Man Utd were all over Hull for the majority of the first half and they should have been more than 1-0 up at half time. Hepburn was suitably irrate at his team's inept performance. Whatever he had said to his team at half time it certianly did the trick as Hull came out and did all the things they did not do in the first half. Simple things such as passing, tackling and closing Man Utd players down. They were rewarded for their efforts with an equaliser from Freddy Guarin but could not find a winner and found themselves further behind Paul Rouch's West Ham.

Tottenham v Hull - (A) - 0-2

Their was still a little hope that Hull could turn things around in the league but after this dreadful showing even Hull's second spot was taken away from them. While Hull were dropping points left, right and centre, Tottenham on the other hand were doing the opposite. This performance was terrible as Hull really did not perform at all. They were easily beaten just like in the FA Cup and Hepburn for once was lost for words.

Sheffield Wednesday v Hull - (A) - 1-3

It was another away day for Hull and yet another awful away performance from Hull. A perforamnce that lacked passion and ethusiasm like the Hull of old they were trounced at Hillsbrough against an average Wednesday side. David Marshall in the Hull goal had a real personal nightmare but the team just look deflated and tired after their shocker at White Hart Lane. It really was depressing stuff.

UEFA Cup News

After going out of the Champions LEague after playing so well Hull had the consolation of defending their UEFA Cup they had won in that memorable season last year. In the third round Hull were drawn against CSKA Sofia. Seemed an easy enough draw and so it proved to be. After a superb 4-2 win with two doubles from Borriello and Aghahowa Hepburn had the luxury of rsting players for the return leg in Sofia. A 2-2 draw saw them safely through to round four.

In round four Hull were drawn against Lyn of Norway. A winnable tie and so it was proved. A 2-0 win at The Circle was followed by a 1-0 win in Norway. In the quarters Hull were drawn against Roma one of the best teams in the world. The first leg saw Roma travel to Hull and it was a great occasion. Hull were well up for the game and really went at Roma. An Aghahowa double gave Hul a brilliant result that would be right up there with their win against Real Madrid. It could have been more but for some poor finishing in front of goal. In the return leg was well just an absolute nightmare for Hull. Roma tore a very poor Hull side apart 6-1 to go through easily in the end. Hull's away form had been very suspect going into this game but they were thrashed in all honesty as Roma's class told in the end.

So there you have it after last year's cup double Hull were expected to do even better this season but it has not turned out like that at all. Poor away form has cost Hull badly in all competitions and Hepburn will have to look at this as he prepares for next season. All Hull have left is to secure at least a Champions League spot this season and Hepburn hopes his team can secure this as quickly as possible. All in all it has been a very disappointing second half to the season for Hull and one everyone connected with the club will want to forget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patty the Phenom:

Good luck cheffy, show these wannabes how to kick some CM ass! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wannabes?? He has joined us because EMA was lacking the competition necessary and he felt he needed to play with a group of better players!!!! icon_razz.gif

norwich%20badge.JPG?rev=5182004121107PM

NORWICH 2-2 C.PALACE (A)

McCourt 78

McVeigh 79

Palace took the lead early on on this game and continued to look strong, However 2 quick goals from McCourt and McVeigh on 78,79 minutes gave Norwich the lead until an injury time goal from palace. 2-2 FT.

NORWICH 6-0 CHARLTON (A)

Guevara 1,3,pen, 9, 47

Nhlabilshi 37

Cort 89

This was a game which looked hard on papaer but guevara back to his best put on a splendid display and scored 4 goals, Nhablashi scored a craking drive with cort scoring from a corner late on..

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

What the hell has happened here?

So the young Mr Smith has taken over of the sleeping giants Preston North End who are just about mid table but with only 5 games to go have a very slim chance of a play off place a very slim chance I say so myself.

Lets take a look at the squad that I have inherited.

We have a few players that seem to be hanging onto their youth and the most of them will not be getting into the team im trying to build here.

I can see from the start I have a slight problem in defence and need to get a few players in to stop the stem of goals that the team have been letting in. the old timer in goal R Hudson will be shown the door when I get a younger player in.

Looking around for defenders will be hard as all the teams what to keep onto what they have at the moment and will only let them leave for stupid money. Money that I don’t have at the moment.

So to our first game and lets see what my shower of reprobates can do.

We gather outside the ground to get the coach down to Reading and I think to myself “ what have I let myself in for! “

I see the team stroll up thinking that they are going on a Sunday school trip to watch some football and not play it, some hope I have then of getting them in the right frame of mind for the trip when Jarrett brings out a deck of playing cards ( happy families pack) .

Hudson turns up in his motorised happy shopper trolley (at 36 he seems at home with it) and this is supposed to be my number 1 keeper!!!

So my squad that went on the tour bus was:-

GK:- A Lonergan

DEF:- D Birchall, M Hall, C Martin, A Roberts

MID:- J Jarrett, L Williamson, R Blackadder, G Murphy

ATT:- R Fuller, T Carroll

SUBS:- R Hudson, K Foley, A Edusei, S Brenne, D Shaw.

And off to Reading we went

5 April 08 Reading (a)

With me not knowing the team all that well as I had only been with the team 1 day I decided to get the help of my assistant manager to put a team together.

The team we had out playing a 442 seemed to cope with the job that we had told them to do. We went ahead with a ball from the midfield to get Carroll his first goal under my management with a strike from 14 yards out.

A deep cross to the far post had given my strikers a bit of a chance at Readings back 4 as we had turned them on the back foot which had let in Carroll in for his 2nd goal of the match.

Into the 2nd half we had seemed to keep them at bay but a lack of concentration in the backs had let Reading get back into the game with a header from a corner which resulted in a goal

End Result 2-1 win PNE

So we had got of to a good start and a much need 3 points and a move up the table to 10th.

Next up for us was a home game. Would the crowd come out to watch us?

To Find out you will have to log in again and follow the updates

more to follow…

We are now entering the phase of the season known as squeaky bum time, everything to play for and everything to lose icon_eek.gif

Sun, 2.3.2008 -15:00 (N) Tottenham –League Cup Final

West Ham at Wembley for the League Cup final against the team that knocked them out of the FA Cup semi Final last season, Spurs. Simonetta started proceedings with a goal, but a double salvo from Nene handed the advantage to spurs4 minutes after the hammers took the lead icon_eek.gifMarney put spurs further ahed with a well converted penalty, and Postiga put them out of sight just before half time icon_mad.gif Simonetta and Oskarsson grabbed one apiece after the restart to kindle hopes of a comeback, and at 4-3 made life very unhcomfortable for the spurs fans in the last 15 minutes or so, but West Ham were unable to find the elusive equaliser they deserved. Another season when silverware evades the hammers L

Result – Spurs 4 West Ham 3

Nene 21, 24 Simonetta 20, 67

Marney 28 Oskarsson77

Postiga 41

Att - 89998

Wed, 5.3.2008 -19:30 (H) Fulham – Premier League

West Ham entertain the cottagers at the Boleyn, and the first half is largely uneventful, but the second half bears fruit for West Hams endeavours as Oliseh and Simonetta both net to secure the win icon_biggrin.gif

Result – West Ham 2 Fulham 0

Oliseh 36

Simonetta 86

Att – 27338

Sat, 8.3.2008 -15:00 (A) Liverpool – Premier League

A trip to Anfield and West Ham give the scousers the run around all afternoon, Simonetta opening the scoring, Medjani equalised in the second half, only for Robinho and Bowyer to regain and extend the lead for the Irons icon14.gif

Result – Liverpool 1 West Ham 3

Madjani 63 Simonetta 34

Robinho 69

Bowyer 79

Att – 36696

Wed, 12.3.2008 -15:00 (A) Real Madrid – Champions League 2nd Round leg 2

West Ham were already 5-1 up from the first leg, and they gladly extended that lead as the gave a footballing display to los Galactico at the Bernabeu Stadium as they ran out easy winners and progressed to the semi Final of the champions league. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Result – Real Madrid 3 West Ham 5

Zidane 31 Arteta28, 59

Simonetta 41

Robinho 46, 54

Att – 65579

Sun, 16.3.2008 –14:00 (H) Tottenham – Premier League

West Ham were still smarting from the league cup final that spurs had inflicted on West Ham last month and were keen to extract revenge. Unfortunately Wright cut short hopes of revenge with a spurs opener. West Ham had to wait until the second half for the equaliser from Arteta, but were unable to improve on the draw, which is how it finished. icon_frown.gif

Result – West Ham 1 Spurs 1

Arteta 60 Wright 25

Att - 34598

Sat, 22.3.2008 –15:00 (A) Wolves – Premier League

A Robinho hat trick and another goal from Oskarsson was sufficient as West Ham disposed of the Golden Tits team at Moulineux icon_cool.gif

Result – Wolves 0 West Ham 4

Robinho 9, 16, 67

Oskarsson 23

Att – 26417

Wed, 26.3.2008 -15:00 (A) Milan – Champions League 3rd Round leg 1

Pirlo converted a controversial penalty to give Milan the lead, but was quickly pegged back by Oskarsson, then a bizarre OG by Brown put Milan back in front. The second half saw Robinho grab the equaliser to set up the tie perfectly for the 2nd leg at the Boleyn. icon_wink.gificon14.gif

Result – Milan 2 West Ham 2

Pirlo 20 Oskarsson 26

Brown (OG) 27 Robinho 79

Att – 55753

West Ham lost in the league cup final but are once again top of the league with 6 poits spare, and are still fighting in the Champions League! icon_biggrin.gif

Banner%20norwich.JPG?rev=5182004120906PM

CHAMPIONS!!!!

NORWICH 4-2 LEEDS (H)

Moore 1,45

Guevara 13,pen

Kemp 73

With Leeds having another bad season at the foot of divison 1 this was always going to be an easy game as Norwich had already smashed 4 past Leeds at elland road, Moore got Norwich off to a flyer with a well taken goal in the 1st minute, Noriwich then took control and went in at HT 3-0, Leeds changed things around and pulled 2 goals back but with some yound frsh blood in the norwich team they took contol late on and score threw Kemp 73 to secure a good Victory..

NORWICH 4-0 CARDIFF (H)

Kroll 37

McDermott 71

Dixon 78

Samba 84

Norwich had already won the division1 title so this was a chance for the underr 19's to show jus how good they can be.

Young kroll scored his 1 st goal on 37 mintues in a half which Norwich had all possesion.

It wasnt until the 71 st minute that City scored again threw a rifle of a free kick from McDermott. Young centre back Dixon scored from a corner on 78 and Samba on as a late sub after injury scored on 84 to round off what was an excellent under 19's performance..

NORWICH 1-0 OLDHAM (A)

McDermott 52

NORWICH 2-0 N.FORREST (H)

Kroll 18

Klose 62

Two young germans aged 17 scored a goal a peice whic finishes the campaigne for city..

Also norwich have had further glory this season as the reseves and under 19's also won the domestic leagues...

Stevenage.jpg

Planet Stevenage : Season Finale!

Its the last part of the season left to go and we seemed to have done ourselfs proud. Well more later as here's how we got on.....

FA Cup Semi Final : Blackburn @ Villa Park

The reserves have done excellent to get this far in the tournament, I was seriously thinking of putting the first team out and try to win this game and the final but I didnt want to ruin our great league position so eventually did play the reserves. The game was pretty even but the defensive qualities were lacking and it gifted Rovers two easy goals. We did get one goal of our own through Gibson but it just wasnt enough.

Full Time : Rovers 2 : 1 Boro Gibson

League : Blackburn @ Broadhall Way

We just played them in the cup and this time it was our first team who got a chance to beat them, but it was a day were our domination just couldnt produce the end product and the visitors left with them gaining a point and us losing two.

Full Time : Boro 0 : 0 Rovers

League : Chelsea @ The Bridge

Next up it big spending, multi talented, super rich Blues who are among the top teams and have the talent of europe to their disposal. Well having thrashed them the first time round I know they wanted to do the same to us infront of their fans but there was one problem, Paul Robinson wasnt up for conceding! A tough battle this one and we did well to keep Chelsea out and we caught them on the counter and should have had a hatful but we settled for a Magno Silva-Viera strike to settle things and take home the magnificant three points!

Full Time : Chelsea 0 : 1 Boro Magno

League : Fulham @ Broadhall Way

This game really annoyed me like anything, we played really well and we continued to dominate this game like mad and should have had at least five goals in the first half alone, instead, they scored two goals from absolutely nothing with my defence playing completely stupid which they havnt done for quite a while. We got a goal eventually but should have sent Fulham away with nothing!

Full Time : Boro 1 : 2 Fulham Juliusson

League : L'Pool @ Anfield

Well they have struggled all season and if they lose this game then they are as good as relegated as they need 30 goals in their last three games to try and avoid relegation on goal difference! We beat them before and this game so the exact same action. We very much dominated over Pool and their talent just couldnt perform at all despite them scoring a few against Citeh in their last game. We struggled to score but it eventually came through the one and only, the legend that is Magno Silva-Viera!

Full Time : L'Pool 0 : 1 Boro Magno

League : Spurs @ Broadhall Way

Andy disconnected (Our host) and I never even got to play this one! Spurs are 2nd in the league and been awesome all season. I feared we were going to lose this one heavily but when I eventually got back into the game to my amazement we had actually gone and done the business against Spurs! It was goals from the legendary Viera and returnee from the injury bench Hidalgo who had scored for us before Spurs netted from the Spot!

Full Time : Boro 2 : 1 Spurs Magno, Hidalgo

League : Wolves @ Molineux

They havnt been at their best this season and flirted with relegation where we should be, so you know that means CM will punish you if your doing too good instead of fighting relegation! Well we dominated the game and needed a win to snatch a guaranteed Uefa Cup spot or possibly even a Champions league place. But true to form, we couldnt score at all and then out of no where, the Wolves get one! Thankfully though, through continous domination we pulled it back to be all square through a goal by the captain Juliusson.

Full Time : Wolves 1 : 1 Boro Juliusson

Final League Game : Man Utd @ Broadhall Way

What better way to end the season but to play Man Utd infront of your home fans, well a European spot would be nice it was realised that was going to be difficult as news came through that Hull managed by Andy had lost to Arsenal, meaning we dont have a chance at finishing in the top 6 for european place! Well, we continued our game and we played with a lot of pride but it wasnt easy as Man Utd did get two very lucky goals. We took the lead only to be pegged back where once again we took the league through Magno Silva Viera. Finally a two goal cushion came when Hidalgo hit a 30 yard pile driver round the keeper, it wasnt over there as Hidalgo ends his first Premiership season with a stunning Hattrick against Man Utd, there wasnt a lot they could do but they did get a late goal but by then it was too late!

Full Time : Boro 4 : 2 Man Utd Notman, Hidalgo (3)

So we have finished the season off on a high with beating Man Utd but it looks like we're going to have to enter Europe via the Inter Toto Cup, but we'll see when the new season starts as its still unclear wether we have made it or not!

The aim for the smallest club was to avoid relegation, I am pleased that we have quite easily beaten that target and thrilled that we beat some of the best teams in the league like Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and Man Utd. We had a pretty poor defence at the first half of the season but finally they have come through with our the new tactic that was implemented and we got plenty of clean sheets.

So a good season and hopefully an even better one is coming up for us when we get more players in of better calibre than the current squad, which so far it definately is when going by bosnam signings.

There will be a clear out too at Stevenage, there are a few players who's contracts are running out and others who just have not performed at all and dont deserve to be with the team. A full list of In's and Out's in our pre-season update but definate departures will be O'Donoghue, Borg and hopefully Kovacic and Abreu.

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

So you decided to log in again to find out what has happened to my team, why thank you my good friends let your eyes start to wander down the page.

So we go to Deepdale for our home match lets take a walk there and find out what happens…..

12 April 08 (h) Cambridge

A good crowd had turned out for my first home game in charge, it’s a pity that the game did not live up to the expectations that we all had hoped for.

I stuck with the same team that had done so well for me in the last game but for some reason the team did not perform to the standards that they had set themselves.

With little chances going to each team the crowd were left still waiting for the first goal of the match to go in.

End Result… 0-0 draw

So we struggled to take control of the game against Cambridge and put our mark on the match so I decided to get the team in for extra training to work on a few moves that would try to give that edge. As you guess the players were not happy about working when they thought they would have the time off ( im sorry but I think its us the club that pay your wages….)

19 April 08 (a) Bradford City

A game where I give my new goalkeeper a run out to see how he copes Sergio has just come in from a free transfer to give me some cover and just in the nick off time as for some reason my other keepers have got slight knocks that given a run out in the game could make matters worse, so I decide to play safe.

We get off to a good start with Fuller giving us the lead just before ½ time (always a good time to score in my opinion) with a long shot that had the keeper trying with all his mite to keep the ball out of the net.

I don’t know what they put in the tea at Bradford but we ended coming out second best this half. Our lead was soon pegged back and within 10 mins we were 2-1 down due to a mistake from our debutant Sergio (he’s young and will learn from his mistakes, if not he will be shown the door pretty fast ) and that how the game ended

End Result… 2-1 win Bradford

26 April 08 (h) Darlington

We seem to be going backwards and forwards here…. home, away, home etc..

So at Deepdale we welcome the visitors to our home and hopefully do them over and grab the 3points that are on offer today.

We had to wait to nearly the end of the match before we had a goal in the match. Lucky for us it was scored by Murphy in the 73rd minute and was followed up with a diving header from Fuller who made the game safe in the 87th minute.

End Result… 2-0 win PNE

3 May 08 (a) Doncaster

A very tight game that could have gone either way and we were unlucky to go behind to a Cooper goal (74 min). Carroll had got us back into the game and we were looking to end the game with a draw.

Bang what a plonker the ref is as he gave a blatant dive in the box a penalty kick to Doncaster. Up steps Cooper again to put the ball in the net to make the crowd go loopy as the 1point was made into 3 pts and keeps us in mid table.

End Result… 2-1 win Doncaster

The last match of the season for us and in away im glad as it will give me time to get the scouts out looking for new players, the trainers out on the pitch with the players trying to get some new moves sorted. And me in the bar seeing what I can get out of the board for next season.

10 May 08 (h) Brentford

As Brenford were pushing for a play off place we knew we were going into a hard game. I told the lads just to go out there and enjoy the day and try and give the crowd of 12,273 a day to remember.

What the crowd though was anybodies guess as it was not a classic to say the least. Blackman had put us a goal behind but was soon cancelled by a 30 yarder strike from our captain Williamson all within 2 minutes of each other.

Theses 2 strikes were going to be the only strikes that hit the back of the net today.

End Result… 1-1 Draw

Thoughts so far

Being only in the job for a short while and picking up a few points along the way, I have found we need to get a few defenders into the club that have a bit of pace as we were caught out a lot. Also I must look at getting the wage bill down abit as we are at the moment £9k over each week. And if it stays like this we will be in the red before we know it.

Im looking forward to next season even though it will still be in Division 2 I think if we have a bit of luck and a few players coming in we should at least make the play offs(well that’s what im looking at, what the board want who knows. )

More to follow…

mancity.jpg

MAN CITY TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!

After a rollercoaster of a season Man City sneeked into the final Champions League Spot at the expense of last years UEFA cup winners, Hull. With Hull going down to Arsenal 301 on the Final Day of the season i nice 4-2 win put Man City into the champions League.

This is an amazing feet for a club who only last year were playing first division football. With the new season approaching as well you can be sure to see a new array of talent out on show at the City Of Manchester Stadium to see if they can improve on what they have done this term.

I would also like to say sorry for not updating as regulary as i should have recently but i have had a busy time out side my cm life as of late and have already meade these points clear to steve. So i would like to apologize to everyone for my lack of updates and not keep posting my games as was planned to do.

I have posted full results below for the whole season so you can see how we did in all our games in this miraculus year.

Once again thank you all for you patientce

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 4th in English Premier Division

Fixtures

| | | | | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sun, 15.7.2007 | 15:00 | A | Brighton | Friendly | | 0 : 1 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 28.7.2007 | 15:00 | A | Bolton | Friendly | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 1.8.2007 | 19:30 | A | Afturelding | Friendly | | 1 : 2 |

| Sun, 5.8.2007 | 15:00 | A | FH | Friendly | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 8.8.2007 | 19:30 | A | Valur | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Sun, 12.8.2007 | 15:00 | A | Breiðablik | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 18.8.2007 | 15:00 | H | Sheff Wed | Premier Division | | 5 : 0 |

| Sat, 25.8.2007 | 15:00 | A | Hull | Premier Division | | 2 : 5 |

| Sat, 1.9.2007 | 12:30 | H | West Ham | Premier Division | | 1 : 5 |

| Sat, 15.9.2007 | 15:00 | A | Q.P.R. | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 22.9.2007 | 15:00 | H | Everton | Premier Division | | 4 : 2 |

| Tue, 25.9.2007 | 19:45 | H | Chesterfield | League Cup 2nd Rnd | | 1 : 0 |

| Mon, 1.10.2007 | 19:45 | A | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 1 : 5 |

| Sat, 6.10.2007 | 15:00 | H | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 4 : 4 |

| Sat, 20.10.2007 | 15:00 | A | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 27.10.2007 | 15:00 | A | Stevenage | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 31.10.2007 | 19:45 | H | Cheltenham | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Sun, 4.11.2007 | 16:00 | H | Southampton | Premier Division | | 4 : 2 |

| Mon, 12.11.2007 | 19:45 | A | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 6 : 3 |

| Sun, 25.11.2007 | 16:00 | H | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 4 : 2 |

| Sun, 2.12.2007 | 15:00 | A | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 1 : 2 |

| Wed, 5.12.2007 | 19:45 | A | Peterborough | League Cup 4th Rnd | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 8.12.2007 | 15:00 | H | Fulham | Premier Division | | 0 : 3 |

| Sat, 15.12.2007 | 15:00 | A | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 0 : 2 |

| Wed, 19.12.2007 | 19:45 | A | Tottenham | League Cup Qtr Final | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 22.12.2007 | 12:30 | H | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Wed, 26.12.2007 | 15:00 | A | Wolves | Premier Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 29.12.2007 | 12:30 | H | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Tue, 1.1.2008 | 19:30 | A | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 5.1.2008 | 15:00 | H | Fulham | FA Cup 3rd Rnd | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 9.1.2008 | 19:30 | A | Sheff Wed | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 12.1.2008 | 15:00 | H | Hull | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.1.2008 | 15:00 | A | West Ham | Premier Division | | 3 : 5 |

| Sat, 26.1.2008 | 15:00 | A | Barnsley | FA Cup 4th Rnd | | 0 : 4 |

| Wed, 30.1.2008 | 19:30 | H | Q.P.R. | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 2.2.2008 | 15:00 | A | Everton | Premier Division | | 2 : 3 |

| Sat, 9.2.2008 | 15:00 | H | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 16.2.2008 | 15:00 | A | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sun, 24.2.2008 | 16:00 | H | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sun, 2.3.2008 | 14:00 | H | Stevenage | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sun, 9.3.2008 | 16:00 | A | Southampton | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Mon, 17.3.2008 | 19:45 | H | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Mon, 24.3.2008 | 19:45 | A | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 5.4.2008 | 15:00 | H | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 12.4.2008 | 15:00 | A | Fulham | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sun, 20.4.2008 | 16:00 | H | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 6 : 4 |

| Sun, 27.4.2008 | 14:00 | A | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 3.5.2008 | 15:00 | H | Wolves | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sun, 11.5.2008 | 15:00 | A | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sun, 18.5.2008 | 15:00 | H | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 4 : 2 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Great update chef!!! icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike yours andy, and your banner! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

I got all the individual pieces together for my logo, got some help to merge them all together icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Great update chef!!! icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike yours andy, and your banner! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

I got all the individual pieces together for my logo, got some help to merge them all together icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am host so I can do what I want when I want!!! \o/ icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

As the hammers the final phase of the season, they know a good April will go a long way to decideing where they finish and whetrher there will be any silverware at the end of it all icon_cool.gif

Sat, 5.4.2008 – 15:00 (H) Manchester United - Premier Division

A packed Upton park played host to Man U and West Ham put on an exhibition of attacking football as they dismantled the Mancs. A Govou own goal paved the way as the first half finished with West Ham just the one goal to the good. The second half was a different affair with Simonetta adding to the tally, then Robinho netting before a rapid brace from Oskarsson sealed a wonderful performance icon_biggrin.gif

Result – West Ham 5 Man U 0

Govou (OG) 34

Simonetta 59

Robinho 84

Oskarsson 87, 90

Att –37768

Wed, 9.4.2008 – 19:45 (H) Milan – Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg

A great European night at the Boleyn but oddly no where near a capacity crowd for this game against one of Europes biggest clubs? Kaka opened the scoring for the visitors, on the quarter hour mark, before Robinho continued his run of scoring form and burst the onion bag with an equaliser on 22, 5 minutes later and Milan edged ahead again thanks to a Shevchenko strike, and they extended their lead with Kaka’s second on the stroke of half time. Shevchenko added another in the second half to put Milan 4-1 up on the night icon_eek.gif before Arteta then Etheringtom Pegged Milan back to within a goal. Shevchenko sealed his hatrick, and pretty much the game with only a few minutes remaining, despite a rapid response from Oskarsson, West Ham could not bridge that gap icon_mad.gif. West Ham exited the Champions League but with their heads held high

Result – West Ham 4 (6) Milan 5 (7)

Robinho 22 Kaka 15,45

Arteta 61 Shevchenko 27, 58, 84

Etherington 75

Oskarsson 85

Att –28139

Mon, 14.4.2008 – 19:45 (A) Middlesborough - Premier Division

A confident performance against the Boro at the Riverside as the Hammers secured the 3 points with 2 goals from Simonetta and one from Robinho

Result – Middlesbrough 0 West Ham 3

Robinho 22

Simonetta 23, 583

Att –31091

Sat, 19.4.2008 – 15:00 (H) Sheffield Wednesday - Premier Division

West Ham were ruthlessly efficient in disposing of the Owls at the Boleyn, another 3-0 scoreline failed to demonstrate the sheer difference in performance between the 2 teams! Arteta netted twice and Etherington converted a penalty. Kuqi also got himself sent off icon_biggrin.gif

Result –West Ham 3 Sheff Weds 0

Arteta 32, 45

Etherington 75

Att –26621

Sat, 26.4.2008 – 15:00 (A) Hull - Premier Division

Paul Rouch’s West Ham travel to The Circle knowing a win here, and Spurs failing to win their next game would give West Ham the Premiership Title icon_biggrin.gif The teams are obviously up for it, and despite some early attacking by Hull, their defence lets them down by gifting 2 penalties which Simonetta gratefully converts, one place each side icon_wink.gif He seals his hatrick by adding another before half time. Oskarsson added another just before the ref blew. The second half brought another goal from Simonetta and one from Kristjanssen as the rampant Irons staked their claim on the title. We just had to hope that Man City could avoid losing to Spurs in the Monday game to ensure West Hams first ever top flight title icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif Champions!! icon_cool.gif

Result – Hull 0 West Ham 6

Simonetta 29, 35, 42, 63

Oskarsson 45

Kristjannsen 74

Att – 32499

Sat, 3.5.2008 – 15:00 (A) Aston Villa - Premier Division

With the news that Tottenham only managed a draw against Man City, therefore handing the title to West Ham for the first time! The hammers fans were jubilant and travelled to Brum, but the team were swtill tired after a week of partying in the east end, and slipped to an anti climatic 2-1 defeat icon_mad.gif

Result – Aston Villa 2 West Ham 1

Angel 44 Oliseh 2

Duljaj 80

Att – 38734

Sat, 10.5.2008 – 15:00 (H) QPR - Premier Division

West Ham received the premiership trophy icon14.gif in front of their fans in their final home game of the season and promptly proceeded to trounce QPR almost out of sight in the first half with strikes from Robinho (2) and Oskarsson. QPR came back at West Ham in the second halfand nearly reversed all the good work of the first half with goals from Viduka and Semler, but did not do enough to overhaul the lead and West Ham held on for the three points.icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Result – West Ham 3 QPR 2

Robinho 34, 48 Viduka 73

Oskarsson 39 Semler 81

Att – 26761

Sun, 18.5.2008 – 15:00 (A) Everton- Premier Division

The last game of the season for the newly crowned champions and a trip up to Liverpool to play Everton, West Ham started well with goals from Robinho (who else?) and Carrick in the first 20 minutes, Mido pulled one back just before half time. Robinho grabbed another but Rossetti and Gravesen both netted to tie the game at 3-3 which is how it stayed. icon_wink.gif

Result – Everton 3 West Ham 3

Mido 45 Robinho 10, 67

Rossetti 78 Carrick 19

Gravesen 85

Att – 35378

So west Ham finish the season 14 points clear at the top and Premier League Champions! icon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_cool.gif The Hammers faithful are ecstatic at their first ever top flight title and hope that this will spur the team on to more silverware! Champions! icon_biggrin.gif Champions! icon_biggrin.gif Champions! icon_biggrin.gif

Hull_2.JPG?

Tiger Times - End Of Season Rundown

Well Hull after such a spectacular collapse only had a Champions League place to play for as the season drew to a close. Here is a round up of the games that would decide their fate....

Aston Villa v Hull - (A) - 4-1

After a dismal run of form away from The Circle, the Hull faithful really did not know what to expect when Hull went to the midlands to take on Villa. On the day they got the Hull of old who were battling for everything. They got off to a great start after only twenty minutes as they raced into a two goal lead with goals from Stuart Downing and Marco Borriello. It looked to be going so well but Villa then started to dominate the rest of the half and Hull had Roy Carroll to thank for not going in behind or level at the interval. After half time it was more of the same from Villa and Hepburn decided it was time for a change of tactics. It seemed to work as Freddy Guarin converted a penalty and then Borriello added his second and Hull's fourth to give then a slightly flattering victory.

Hull v West Ham - (H) - 0-6

Game didn't happen. Was ill so missed it. Supposedly Hull played quite well but gifted the Hammers many goals. Congrats to PAul Rouch.

Hull v Middlesbrough - (H) - 0-0

A game Hull should have racked up a cricket score in but for the heroics of 17 year old Darren Walton. Hull pressed and pressed but they could not find a way past him in the Boro goal. Two points dropped and the teams below Hull drew closer to them in the race for the Champions League places.

QPR v Hull - (A) - 1-2

A game that really optimised Hull's collapse in away form. QPR are mid table and Hull really should be beating teams like these quite easily if in future they want to be challenging for the league title. QPR really did outplay Hull in all areas of the pitch and Steven Pienaar was the hero for QPR with a quite brilliant performance in midfield. Paulinho grabbed a goal for Hull but a Pienaar double sealed a win for QPR. The Hull faithful were now having serious doubts about whether Hull would even qualify for europe or not.

Hull v Everton - (H) - 2-0

A much needed confidence boosting win over Everton at The Circle here as Hull showed they can play well when they want to. They got off to a flyer after only two minutes Stuart Downing put them one up with a great strike. It was the pattern of the whole game really with Hull's attacking at will against a poor Everton side who were reduced to 10 men after Theo Lucius got his marching orders. Hull should have scored more goals but they got another through Marco Borriello to seal a much needed victory going into the final day showdown away at Arsenal.

Arsenal v Hull - (A) - 3-1

During the second half of the season there was always one sure bet - that Hull would not win away fron home. This trend continued as Arsenal took Hull apart with ease and cost Hull their Champions League spot as Man City got a win at home to Middlesbrough to pip Hull to fourth spot. Christopher Eagles gave Hull some hope with an equaliser but Hull once again showed their huge lack of confidence but collapsing under some Arsenal pressure.

So a very poor season for Hull in the end after showing for half a season they were capable of competing with the big boys of the Premiership. Key players away on international duty and injuries to key players played a part in this collapse of Hull City. Next season will be even tougher as Wayne Brister's young and very talented Norwich side join the elite of the Premiership so it is sure to be another classic Premiership next year. Hull really need to improve their away form next season to have any chance of competing.

Promotion for The Gulls

Well after 2 seasons in charge Rob WHite has lead Torquay to the Div 1, after a great season seeing the club progress into the later stages of both the League Cup and Fa Cup only to be knocked out by top preimiership sides, The Gulls finished a respectable second. They finished far behind Portsmouth who were promoted with about 6-7 games to go in the league, but to their credit they had a great season themselves and had a good solid team that fortunately for them hardly ever had any injuries. Now the guys can deserve to celebrate as they have worked their arses off for the club the players and the backroom staff have done a great Job and just hope we can transform our play to Div 1 quality, as we didnt always play great in Div 2.

Whats New For The Gulls

Well after a 450k pay packet for finishing 2nd, Torquays overall finance shot up into the millions region which is a great plus for the club who were riding around the debt area with loans to pay off. Despite the club anouncing they were looking to expand the stadium they have yet to announce any plans to expand the 6000 capacity stadium. The club will need to dig into their pockets to extend the staidum as more Fans will help the clubs overall finances and also boost the teams performances as the fans create a great atmosphere for a match.

Well, once everything was sorted on the boards side a meeting was called and it was announced that the board will only allow funds for 350k for transfers and contracts. They also announced once again they will be looking to expand the stadium as The GUlls continue to prgress rapidly. The board cautiously told Rob White he expects the club to battle bravely against relegation as they look to survive their first season in Div 1.

Due to the amount of funds allowed it was time to offload some fringe players to generate some more funds to use wisely. This was proving difficulty as the players werent attracting any interest from other clubs, this was a downer on The Gulls as they need to strengthen the team to progress.

Despite the lack of funds there was a couple of new players brought in:

(Confirmed)

Aleesandro Cozzini - A Recently Under-21 Italian Goalkeeper. He looks a great talent as the Gulls have been lacking quality Goalkeepers as of late.

Luciana Fieguroe - After failing to make an impact at Birmingham he left on a free and it looked a great signing escpecially for a club as small as Torquay.

(Pending)

Isaac Osbourne - Once again looking to the future with the 21 yr old defensive midfielder. The whole budget looks to be going on the great talent, and lets just hope he makes the impact as good as i know he can.

(Failed Transfers)

Noberto Solano - After gettin relgated with leicester down to Div 2, he was a bargain at only 28k but i just could lure him to Torquay as he settles for Bolton.

Well thats it for now, look out for more commentary as Torquay take on Div 1. Its gonna be a hard season.

Latest update from Edan :-

hi everyone ,now i am in bangkok ,having a good time(everything is cheap so

thats great)in 4 hours i have a bus to laos , i will be there probably

something like 2-3 weeks and then back to thailand ,then maybe i will do

some of the places that i didnt do in thailand yet ,then about 3 days in

athens and then back home ,so in a month or a little more i will be back .

this trip was amazing and its coming to a end ,that is a little sad but

still it has also a good side to coming home.

anyway

bye for now

efb.JPG?

*** EFB Zeitung ***

Its back once more, its the EFB Zeitung coming to your door! We've completed another wonderful season in EFB and your gonna be able to read all about it, there has been plenty of action once more in our game with ups and downs for everyone.......

Well let's get to the action.........

Community Shield

Its the curtain raiser that gets things underway for the fifth season, this time round we see two teams who met a few times already last season including the Uefa Cup Final, you've guessed it, its Newcastle versus Hull.

Last Minute Goals See's Hepburn Take Glory In Eight Goal Thriller!

League Cup

This season saw two very competitive Premiership teams battle it out for some Silverware, Once again Tottenham have managed to get into the final after losing in the final last season, could they finally win it? Well standing in their way are the one and only Hammers with manager Paul Rouch who will be aiming to win his first piece of Silverware.

Second Half Hammers Show Not Enough After Spurs First Half Hot Spur

FA Cup

It wasnt such a high profile game as it was expected as this season we see QPR and Blackburn battle it out for the magical cup that also gives European qualification. Neither team has been doing too well in the Premiership so a close encounter is what we'd expect.

Rovers Shoot Out Disaster Lets Rangers In To Lift Trophy

Vans Trophy

This season's final could turn very one sided as we see Swansea taking the defending champions Chesterfield. Swansea havnt been at all good lately and conceding a lot of goals throughout the season, Chesterfield missed out on the Play Offs but will be looking to defend their Vans Trophy Crown.

Swansea Edged Out By Defending Champions Chesterfield

FA Trophy

Its time for a very importan trophy in the lower leagues and this season its Shrewsbury who managed to get to the final, they will face a very tough opponent in Carlisle who will be looking to make the best of their opportunities after missing out on promotion via the play offs.

Carlisle Come Back Secures Silverware

FA Barclaycard Premiership

This Seasons Premiership Winners Are.............

Top Goals Scorer : Simonetta (West Ham)

Most Assists : Bastürk (Man City)

Best Average Ratings : Robinho (West Ham)

Rouch Delighted As Hammers Secure Premiership Crown

West Ham manager Paul Rouch was absolutely delighted to have won the Premiership after having come close in recent seasons, after missing out on the league cup his side was determined to get their first piece of silverware under his management.and they did that in style. After a very close battle for the first half of the season they finally managed to break free from the chasing pack and build up a lead which they successfully retained all the way to the final whistle.

West Ham fans were absolutely delighted that their team have won the Premiership and were singing Rouch's name in the streets.

No Gray Clouds Over City In Return To The Top Flight

After taking them back to the Premiership manager Darren Gray wanted instant success and you could say he has done as on the final day of the season he managed to get Man City into 4th spot and bring Champions League football to the blue side of Manchester. Despite conceding a lot of goals they did make up for it at the other end with scoring plenty of goals too which surely satify's the fans with plenty of action.

The manager had high expectations for his team and truly believed that they could do this well, a highly talented squad has been assembled and there is definately more to come from City as Gray's determination certainly gives his players a lot confidence.

Tigers Roar Just Not Enough This Season

Having enjoyed a very successful season last time around, it wasnt expected to be a complete turn around for this one. It did start very well for Hull in the first half of the season and they looked every bit of a title challenger and would battle it out for the trophy until the final day. But it then started to fade little by little in the second half of the season with Hepburns side not making the most of their chances and losing key away games. They even missed out on a crucial champions league spot on goal difference but do have the consolation of entering the Uefa Cup, a competition they have won before.

Relegation Contenders Stevenage Define Odds With European Qualification

They were expected to be battling it out at the bottom in the relegation zone but in the end they almost qualified for the champions leagues! Having made their way through the leagues from the conference, Stevenage just wanted to retain their Premiership status and they did that in style as they secured European football by qualifying for the Inter Toto Cup. Having started the season in poor form and struggling to adjust to the Premiership, Boro have done superbly well in the second half of the season with beating the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and Man Utd and only losing three games of their last eighteen and keeping plenty of clean sheets too.

The Stevenage Board were overjoyed with the team doing so well and securing European football, it will be the first time in their history that they will be playing on the big stage!

Elswhere, its not good news for newly promoted Sheffield Wednesday who find themselves dropping back into Division One, joining them there is Liverpool, a highly talented squad and a club full of money just wernt good enough. The third team to be relegated is WBA who were fighting to stay in the league all the way to the final day but not even the purchase of Anelka could make them stay up.

Nationwide Division One

Promotion To The Premiership and Champions Of Division One is......

Joining Them Via The Play Offs are.....

Top Goals Scorer : Fallon (Barnsley)

Most Assists : Samba (Norwich)

Best Average Ratings : Parkinson (Coventry)

Bristers Canaries Flying Higher Than Ever

They have finally done it! Wayne Brister has done an excellent job at Norwich and has not just brought the Division One title back to Carrow Road but Premiership Football will be seen once again for Norwich fans after a long exile from the top flight. Although the manager did have quite a bit of absence from his managerial role this season, he brought some excellent players to the club and was sure his assistant could do a very good job.

The fans have enjoyed some wondeful football throughout the season and defensively they out classed many attackers in this very competitive division. The board were extremely pleased to be back in the Premiership and the fans were singing Wayne Bristers name while celebrating out on the streets of Norwich.

Elsewhere, after a poor performance in the Premiership, Birmingham appointed a new manager once more and now find themselves joining Norwich back in the Top Flight. Second Division Champions Colchester just couldnt cope with life in Division One and find themselves going back down, joining them are the MK Dons who have major financial problems and are also in debt. It went from bad to even worse for Leicester, they got relegated from the Premiership and now their in even deeper trouble and find themselves relegated from the First Division aswell!

Nationwide Division Two

Champions Of Division Two are......

Top Goals Scorer : Somerville (Farnborough)

Most Assists : Harris (Swansea)

Best Average Ratings : Harris (Swansea)

White's Gulls Flying High

Rob White has done it, after some more signings into Plainmoor he got Torquay promoted to the First Division by taking Runners Up spot. The Gulls have done extremely well this season and will now find themselves only one division away from the top flight. The Gulls have produced some wonderful football this season and they fully deserve their promotion spot behind Pompey.

The board were very pleased that Rob White got them promoted and fans were said to be overjoyed to be seeing their team play First Division football next season.

Preston Look Towards A New Direction

With just a few games left to see the season come to an end, the Preston Board decided that it was time for a change and look towards a better future for the club. Therefore they have decided to make a managerial change and bring in Peter Smith. Perhaps unknown to the fans and an unexpected appointment but the Preston Board rate him very highly and are very sure that he is the man to bring back the glory days to Preston!

Elsewhere, after managing to avoid relegation last season, debt ridden Wigan just couldnt manage it again and they drop down to the third division. Joining them will be both Blackpool and Cambridge who certainly wont enjoy that roller coaster. The fourth team to be relegated is Sheff Utd who only last season got relegated from the First Division.

Nationwide Division Three

Champions Of Division Three is......

Top Goals Scorer : Ferguson (Woking)

Most Assists : Goodfellow (Rochdale)

Best Average Ratings : Anderson (Burton Albion)

Elsewhere, it was a close fight for the final relegation spot with a number of teams all possibly taking the plunge into the Conference but it ended up being Tranmere who leave the football league, joining them will be Bournemouth.

Nationwide Conference

Champions Of The Conference Are......

Top Goals Scorer : Clare (Chester)

Most Assists : Barbosa (Northwich)

Best Average Ratings : Watson (Forest Green)

Elsewhere, after getting promoted back into the Conference, Port Vale just wernt good enough to stay in the league and therefore find themselves once again relegated. They will be joined by both Southport and Dover Athletic.

Champions League

This seasons champions league final see's last season's losing finalist once more try to capture the cup and crown themselves kings of europe, standing in their way though is last seasons Uefa cup finalist Newcastle Utd.

Second Time Unlucky For Milan As Magpies Come Out On Top In Shoot Out

Uefa Cup

This years encounter see's Italian side Roma taking on Dutch side PSV, both have aquired very expensive players in recent seasons.

Early Roma Goal See's PSV Off

Super Cup

Its time for the champions of europe to face one another to see who has the better team, so it means that this seasons final is between Juventus and Andrew Hepburns Hull side.

Close Encounter See's Juve Come Out On Top

Gold TV Football Highlights

Files are saved in the pkm format, with the completion of season three we've put together a fantastic set of matches to give you a taster of what is happening in the EFB Game.

We've created a zip file to make it easier for you to download all the games at once, this zip file will contain all of the games we feel are important.

The Game in the highlight package are as follows :

Champions League Final : AC Milan vs Newcastle

Uefa Cup Final : Romal vs PSV

Super Cup : Hull vs Juventus

FA Cup Final : QPR vs Blackburn

League Cup Final : Spurs vs West Ham

FA Trophy Final : Shrewsbury vs Carlisle

Vans Trophy Final : Swansea vs Chesterfield

Charity Shield : Newcastle vs Hull

I hope you all enjoy the matches, plenty of goals and certainly plenty of action without a doubt!

Zeitung written by S.J.Gold

Yep, any EFB1 players will remember that this is the old style Zeitung I used to use icon_smile.gif

The other one was just getting too long and this one is just perfect on keeping it shorter and still gives out the information the regular Zeitung did icon_smile.gif

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Superb Zeitung as usual Steve.

rouchie I did need to the spell check but I think you need to be checking it. First thing that goes with old age is memory so your pretty much fooked!!! icon_razz.gif

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

The New Season The Pre-Season

So I take over the team for the start of the new season and my first job is to get a few new players into the squad I have

Transfers in

· C Laurie…. Halifax…. £50k

· A Arthur… Portsmouth…. £80k

· M Duberry… Leicester…Free

· D Mason…. Free

· M Price…Free

· G Robinson… Free

· C Robinson…Free

· H Yahiaoui… Marseille… Free

· N Davies… Free

· N Rhodes… Free

Transfers out

· J Browne… Free

· D Ramsay… Reading… Free

· M Kihlstedt …. Hartlepool … Free

Now with the new faces in place it was down to some pre-season games to get the squad up to scratch with their fitness. I only had my team down for 3 pre season games and the results are as follows

· 14 July 08 PNE 2 Blackburn Rovers 1 Scorers ..PNE…Fuller 48th, Edusei 90th - B/Burn Reid 35th

· 20 July 08 Notts County 0 PNE 1 Scorers ..Carroll 4th min

· 25 July 08 Stockport 1 PNE 3 Scorers.. Stockport Wilkinson 41st - PNE.. Shaw 30th, Carroll 38th, Lewis 59th

So as you can see we have had a good few games lets just hope we can take this little bit of winning into the new season as I think with a little bit of luck we could be pushing for a play off place.

more to follow….

rouchie_west_ham_badge.jpg

Champions! The quest for more silverware 08/09

Preseason Transfer Activity – Transfers in

The emphasis was on quality for incoming transfers, so pre season transfers was limited to 3 players, but they certainly fit the bill!

Daniel Bonera joins to bolster defence on a bosman from Arsenal.

Manuele Blasi comes in for 9 million also from Arsenal as a defensive midfielder.

Fredy William Thompson is signed from WBA for 9 million to take over the reigns from the superb, but aging Oliseh.

Each of the signings prompt mass adulation from the fans, as they realise the club is not resting on its laurels after winning the title last season! The finance director is pleased as the big name signings boost shirt sales and other merchandise income.

Preseason Transfer Activity – Transfers Out

A lot of youngsters released and a few older players not doing enough to justify their continued employment at the home of the champions! Mullins and Sarr the only transfers with a monetary value.

3.6.2008 - Knowles, Mike - Free Transfer - Free

3.6.2008 - Farrell, Stephen - Free Transfer - Free

3.6.2008 - Evans, Brett - Free Transfer - Free

3.6.2008 - Mason, Stuart - Free Transfer - Free

3.6.2008 - Carroll, Ryan - Free Transfer - Free

3.6.2008 - Harrison, Gary - Free Transfer - Free

30.6.2008 - Repka, Tomas - Free Transfer - Free

1.7.2008 - Garcia, Richard - Free Transfer - Free

1.7.2008 - Tobolewski, Ross - Free Transfer - Free

2.7.2008 - Sinama-Pongolle, Florent - Free Transfer - Free

14.7.2008 – Sarr – Norwich - £1M

15.7.2008 - Mullins, Hayden - Aston Villa - £1.5M

20.7.2008 - Gavilán, Diego - Free Transfer - Free

20.7.2008 - Paul, Alex - Free Transfer - Free

Preseason Friendlies

Sun, 20.7.2008 | 15:00 | A | Bourges | Friendly | | 2 : 0

Wed, 23.7.2008 | 20:00 | A | Caen | Friendly | | 1 : 1

Sat, 26.7.2008 | 20:00 | A | Lorient | Friendly | | 4 : 1

Tue, 29.7.2008 | 20:00 | A | Paris-SG | Friendly | | 0 : 0

Sat, 2.8.2008 | 15:00 | A | Southend | Friendly | | 0 : 0

Tue, 5.8.2008 | 19:30 | A | Barnsley | Friendly | | 0 : 0

An undefeated preseason, but disappointing to see three goalless draws at the end of it icon_eek.gif Also Robinho, New signing Fredy William Thompson pick up injuries, to add to the already injured Simonetta, which means I will be without three key players for the Community Shield at Cardiff.

The outlook for the season is good and the Hammers are in confident mood after the bookies make them favourite to retain their title at odds of 2-1 icon14.gif

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

The season starts and lets see if we can move on from the good pre-season my team have had

The first game of the new season sees us at home

9 Aug 08 Stoke (h)

We start of ok with the new players trying to find their feet in the team. We go a goal behind just before ½ time and to make matters worse we give away a penalty in injury time. So at ½ time we have a mountain to climb just to get something out of the game. Alas we do not get the goal that might have put Stoke under pressure.

End Result… Stoke win 2-0

Could we do any better in the next game?

League cup 1st rd

13 Aug 08 Cheltenham (a)

We were playing a team that was a division above us and flying high in 2nd place. Could we put our bad home game to the back shelf and come away with a good result and maybe a good cup run?

Again we seemed to lose that bit of concentration just before ½ time as we went behind to a goal 43rd minute. Credit due to the lads they did fight back quick and we went in all square at the break.

Nothing was happening in the second half so it went to extra time. We thought we had done enough to get something out of the game but some one up top has it in for me as we went and let a goal in the last seconds of the match.

End result… Cheltenham win 2-1 after et

So things were going from bad to worst and could I get the lads to keep their heads up in this bad run of games?

No I could not as our next game was another defeat.

16 Aug 08 Southend (a)

It feels like what ever we do on the training ground it never seems to look right on the pitch as we kind have forget what we need to do and where to be.

A game where we were 2-0 up after 4 mins you would think the lads would some how sort it out as not to let the home team back in. but no the big hairy old so and so’s thought it would be funny to see what my reaction would be if we start again in the second half all square.

And that what they did but the thing is another goal was scored 83rd minute but it was not one of my players who got it but Flanagan with his second of the match.

I have a team of Muppets I think with the biggest Muppet in charge of them who is starting to get a bit p**sed off with the team as they don’t want to learn what me and the coaches are trying to show them.

End result… Southend win 3-2

20 Aug 08 Wimbledon (a)

I truly don’t want to be here at the moment as my team have their own logic of how the want to play the game.

Could we keep the goal lead till the end of the match as Hall had put us infront 5th min and as it was looking we could be on for our first points of the season.

You guessed it……. no we could not, but saying that we did come away with a point. We had a bit of a problem at the corner flag as my team went to sleep on a short corner and we paid the price as Collins had put the ball in the net from close range after a superb cross to find him unmarked.

End result… 1-1 draw

So as you can see I have a bit of a problem going on with the team. Its not rocket science in the tactic department for the players as we are playing a 4-4-2 so they aint got a lot to understand.

Could I get a win in the next game? Would you like to know? If you do you will have to keep coming back to the story of Preston North End under Smith’s management to find out.

More to follow….

mancity2.jpg

CITY TO AIM FOR THE TOP 4

After the dramatics on the final day of the season last year, Darren Gray clearly spelled out his intentions to qualify for Europes top competition this term.

Backing this up were the big signings he had promised in the summer. Three of them were at the press confrence. Michael Owen, Adobia Yakbubu and Koulu Toure all seemed to be verry happy to be able to ply there trade for the blues this year and they were not to be the only ones coming in and going from the City of Mancherster stadium. With the transfer window still being open though we have decided to wait till it passes and publish a full report.

To let you know how city got on in there opening games the matech reports follow:

Man City v Spata Praugue, 1st leg, 3rd Round Champions League

With City deperatly needing this victory to help set up a good return leg in praugue it saw them revert back to the diablo tactic. Micheal Owen was making his debut for the blues but with chance after chance going astray goals from Todorov and Kallstrom were only good enough to let City nick a 2-1 win. Will this be good enough to get them to the championsleague proper?

Final Score, Man City 2 v Spata Praugue 1

Man City v Wolves, Premiership

Man City have high expectations this season will they be able to show the premiership what they can do. Well the first test for them on opening day was Wolves. Well the fans werent to be disapointed with 2 marvelous goals in the first half. The first a superb run from Stepehn Pearson and a finish second time round. The Second was another lovly finish from the outside of the box from Joel Soto. Gray is really expecting much more from him this season after what can only be described as a nightmare start last year. Kallstrom made it three just before half time and City were cruiseing. The second half was nowhere near as livly but that still didn't stop Kallstrom from bagging his brace. Hes reall giving Gray some problems ahead of the return of the injured Basturk

Final Score, Man City 4 v Wolves 0

Q.P.R v Man City, Premiership

In what can only be described as a total opposite preformance from Man City they fell to a defefat from Q.P.R. In a game where Q.P.R domonated from start to finish, city realy had a chance. The one plus point for City though was the returnn of the injured Basturk in the last 20 mins. He was also joined by the unfit Todorov who has been taken off in the past 2 games due to injury.

Stevenage.jpg

Planet Stevenage : Mission - Europe

The start of the 6th season and also of course, my 6th season in charge of Stevenage. Its been a long road but we once more enjoy life in the Premiership where I wanted the club to be. We also got the luxury of enjoying some European football aswell but only time will tell how long that will last, more later about that.

Anyway, there were movers all the time in pre-season with ins and out of the club for our assault on survival for Premiership league status and to have a decent run in europe.

The movers and shakers :

Ins : Giggs (Man Utd), Higginbotham (S'hampton), Robinson (Millwall), McDonald (Forest), Aliadiere (Arsenal), Semler (QPR)

Out : Borg, O'Donoghue, Johannsson, Humphreys, Elding, McPhee + Most of the new 19's as they were rubbish.

So we've got in some pretty pacey and talented players in with some half decent lower league reserves leaving.

Anyway, to the action!

Inter Toto Cup

3rd Round

Away vs Panionios Full Time : 2-0 (Juli, Aliadiere)

Home vs Panionios Full Time : 3-0 (Lindqvist, Hidalgo 2)

Smi Final

Home vs Wolfsburg Full Time : 5-0 (Leigertwood, Semler, Aliadiere, Hidalgo 2)

Away vs Wolfsburg Full Time : 0-1

Final

Away vs Man Utd Full Time : 1-1 (Semler)

The Inter Toto draw could have been a lot kinder on us but unfortunately it wasnt as we met a decent Bundesliga opponent and now worse of all, facing Man Utd in the final for a place in the Uefa cup, Man Utd have been approaching me a few times over the past couple of seasons to take over but I havnt accepted. Man Utd will be very tough to beat in the 2nd leg as you will find out later in this update.

Premiership

Broadhall Way, Boro vs Spurs

The runners up from last season have been getting the talent in themselves with some big signings, they'll be aimimg to improve on their runners up spot from last season. Well the game went very much our way but we just couldnt convert them golden opportunities we had. Then disaster as Spurs took the lead but thankfully my new pacey striker Semler did rescue a point in the end for us. Final Score : 1 - 1 Semler

Old Trafford, Man Utd vs Boro

Our Inter Toto cup opponents and it looked like the old united is back once again, although for some reason my defence is mainly to blame for the goals we conceded, we did play well against them but once again for some reason, we just couldnt put the ball into the back of the net. We did score one and it was through a great goal by Aliadiere who got round Barthez to put it into the empty net. Final Score : 3 - 1 Aliadiere

Time for a change of tactics again? I dont know yet, we have faced two very difficult opponents in Spurs and Man Utd and honestly didnt expect too much of them but with the way we played in both games it has come to a disappointment that we didnt win at least one of them. But there is still a long way to go in the season of course but it would have been nice to have had a better start. Hopefully the players will start to gel together and we will finally bring some free flowing football back to the Boro like the second half of last season.

I will state however, I will not be moving to Arsenal or Man Utd this season despite them both and also other Premiership clubs offering me the position of manager. icon_smile.gif

rouchie_west_ham_badge.jpg

Champions! The quest for more silverware 08/09

Sun, 10.8.2008 - 14:00 (N) Q.P.R. - Community Shield

The season kicks off with the traditional curtain raiser, the community shield and The Hammers fans are keen to see new signing Blasi and Bonera in action for the first time in Claret and Blue. Simonetta, Robinho and Thompson are all ruled out with injuries, which is obviously a major blow for West Ham, facing FA cup winners QPR. The Rangers made their intentions clear injuring both Etherington and Blasi in a combative first half, but still could not prevent West Ham taking the lead through Kristjansson just before half time. QPR’s ungentlemanly behaviour continued in the second half when they crocked Oskarsson, but again, they failed to stop the Hammers scoring as Oliseh put the Irons 2 up. Ghioane pulled one back for the hoops but it was too little too late as West Ham won the shield icon_biggrin.gif

Result – QPR 1 West Ham 2

Ghioane 83 Kristjansson 45

Oliseh 80

Att 39593

Sat, 16.8.2008 - 15:00 (A) Fulham - Premier Division

Back in to the premiership saddle and with the title at Upton Park, every one wants to beat the champions! West Ham soon set about showing everyone that it would not be an easy task to beat them! Robinho scored in the first minute followed by Kristjansson, and 2 from Arteta to finish the game before half time! Robinho added another two in the second half to complete his hatrick and rub salt in to the wounds icon14.gif

Result – Fulham 0 West Ham 6

Robinho 1, 62, 86

Kristjansson 16

Arteta 27, 29

Att 20483

Wed, 20.8.2008 - 19:30 (H) Arsenal - Premier Division

The gooners come to the Boleyn for a midweek match under the lights, with the traditional pressure cooker atmosphere, Kristjansson and Arteta grab a goal apiece in the first half to seal the 3 points against a disappointing Arsenal side icon_wink.gif

Result –West Ham 2 Arsenal 0

Kristjansson 6

Arteta 16

Att 30490

Sat, 23.8.2008 - 15:00 (A) Tottenham - Premier Division

One North London opponent follows another in the league as West Ham go to White Hart Lane. Kristjannson is relishing in the role of number 1 striker in the absence of Simonetta and he grabs another hat trick at the Lane to ensure dropping him will be a difficult decision! Postiga grabbed Spurs only response as West Ham romp home easy winners icon_biggrin.gif

Result – Spurs 1 West Ham 3

Postiga 45 Kristjansson 20,47,65

Att 36193

Sat, 30.8.2008 - 15:00 (H) Man City - Premier Division

Daz Gray brings the Citeh boys to the Boleyn. The game started controversially after Robinho protested about his booking, and promptly got a second yellow for dissent, and ordered off the pitch icon_eek.gif Man City make the numerical advantage count and go in front from a Silva Sousa effort. The hammers respond and Arteta levels, but Silva Sousa scores again to regain the advantage for City. The second halfbrought goals from Basturk and Todorove to ensure that the numerical advantage was not wasted as Citeh grabbed their first ever win over West Ham under Daz Gray. icon_frown.gif

Result – West Ham 2 Man City 4

Arteta 26 Silva Sousa 9, 35

Kristjansson 72 Basturk 55

Toddorov 90

Att 30392

PNE_badge_cm_clan.jpg

After a bad start to the campaign we need to get a win under our belt so we have a home game to put us in with a chance of doing this.

23 Aug 08 (h) Ipswich

We had a decent crowd at Deepdale to try and get our win with a bit of help from the crowd. We went a goal behind after just 22mins and from this I could see the lad’s heads had dropped. With a bit of vocal support from the dugout seemed to have put that bit of spark back into the team as we got a pen just before ½ time.

Up steps the young Murphy who places the kick wide of the keeper and wide of the post. Doh we go in 1-0 down.

As if things could get no better we gave Ipswich another goal this time from one of our own players. We had just been kicked where it hurts; the team were going through one of them patches that nothing seems to go right

End Result… 2-0 win Ipswich

27 Aug 08 (h) Lincoln

The team had come into this match with a lack of confidence, but the last game did show a bit of promise of what we could achieve.

All in all we had a hard fought game that in the end was a fair result for both teams

End Result… 0-0 draw

So we got a point at home and the point just might be what the team needed to get them going.

30 Aug 08 (a) Bradford city

Now this was going to be a very hard game as the team was well above us in the league (then again who aint ) and playing a team who’s last game was a good win it did not give me a vote of confidence that we would get any points out of the game.

What I was seeing I could not explain, as we were 2-0 up after 24 mins and in my opinion we were bossing the game big style.

All of a sudden Bradford got a pen to bring the game back to 2-1 going into the break.

What I saw in the second half had me going for my hankie as we let in 2 goals one just after the break and one right on full time. Now this was not funny, we were in with a chance of a win then a chance of a draw, but we go home with sweet fa.

This game is so cruel we seemed to be going ok when the killer goal does us

End Result… 3-2 win Bradford

In all my years of playing cm this is being one of the hardest runs with a team that show so much promise but don’t get anything for their trying, as they say Rome was not built in a day

3 Sept 08 (h) Reading

Well what can I say but Bingo we have got ourselves a win at last. And what a win it was with goals from Fuller 4, 49 mins Arthur 83,87 mins and Robinson 90th min.

Yes that’s right we have scored 5 goals in a match and we have just got all our pent up anger out and kicked poor old Reading right between the balls.

End Result… 5-0 win PNE

7 Sept 08 (a) Gillingham

It just had to happen. We get ourselves in a good position and we go and blow it.

Were had gone into the game with full of confidence but we just shot ourselves in the foot with a pish poor performance. What is wrong with this team of mine, the board are satisfied with the job im doing , but I am not.

We go behind to a well worked goal with Shaw putting the ball into the net 33rd min but we could not find that single goal to get us back into the match.

End Result… 1-0 win Gillingham

Summary so far

We are so poor at the moment I don’t know where we will find that bit of luck to get my season going. I have the players to do the job but its trying to find that consistence to keep them all going in the right direction.

Could we get any better than this? I hope so otherwise I will be down the job centre with G Houllier looking for a new job at this rate.

So till next time….

More to follow….

mancity2.jpg

GRAY LEAVES CITY FOR THE MAIN RIVIALS

It is with heart felt sorrow that Man City today announced that Darren Gray qould be leaving the club with immediate effect. Gray has left City to take over local rivals Man Utd.

The board of directors would like to thank Gray for his service and would wish him all the best in the future.

Obviously this statement is not echoed by the fans who can't belive his desision

Hull_2.JPG?

Tiger Times - Pre Season

Well after a dismal second half of the season Hepburn had the job of trying to build morale for the upcoming season. He also had the job of trying to bring in new players to see Hull compete at the highest level. Here is a rundown of the pre season transfers...

John Arne Riise -- From Liverpool - £2 Million

Frazer Richardson - From Liverpool - £1.5 Million

Joey Barton - From Liverpool - £5.5 Million

Ibrahima Sonko - Free Transfer From WBA

Florent Sinama - Pongolle - Free Transfer

So it was a bargain basement this summer from Liverpool as they were relegated after a dismal season. Each signing boosts an area of the pitch where Hepburn felt Hull were lacking.

It was a tough pre season for the Hull squad as Hepburn was determined not to let what happened last season happen again.

The League Campaign Begins

Newcastle v Hull - (A) - 2-1

A really tough season opener for Hull as they were away to Newcastle. A game where Newcastle dominated throughout and got the result they deserved as Hull had no answer. Yakubu put Newcastle in front only for Richie Partridge to equalise and give Hull some hope but it was not to be as Yakubu scored his second to give Newcastle a good win and three points on the leader board. Hull looked distinctly average and looked as if they had no fight in them.

Hull v Southampton - (H) - 2-0

Hull bounced back from a dismal performance at Newcastle with a superb morale boosting win against Southampton a team they struggled against last season. It was constant Hull pressure throughout and it should have been more than the scoreline suggested. Hull did not find a break through until nine minutes from time as Aghahowa scored a quite brilliant goal. Hull grew in confidence after this and Stuart Downing put the icing on the cake with a second goal to give Hull their first three points of the new season.

Everton v Hull - (A) - 4-4

Hull came to Goodison full of confidence but left without three points and confidence was low. They had started off like an express train as the raced into a 3-0 lead and everything was looking good for the Tigers. Goals from Partridge, Guarin and Downing had given them the huge cushion. Cue a dreadful refereeing decision when he awarded Everton a penalty as Riise was deemed to have brought down Parisi in the area when TV pictures clearly showed he was well outside the area. This gave Everton some hope. After half time Everton came out full of life and aggression and a two goal advantage Hull had soon became a one goal disadvantage as David Marshall in the Hull goal switched off to gift Everton the lead. Luckily for him Marco Borriello equalised for Hull six minutes from time to give them a point at least. Hepburn was understandly irrate at the incompetent refereeing which he believed cost Hull the game.

Hull v Stevenage - (H) - 1-4

David Marshall will probably never play for Hull again after this shocking performance in goal for Hull. It was either that or great finishing from Stevenage as the scoreline flattered Stevenage in all honesty. Robinson in the Stevenage goal pulled off some miraculous saves. Credit to Stevenage though for putting the ball in the net when required.

Fulham v Hull - (A) - 3-2

A much needed win for Hull to make for the the dissapointment of last games thrashing from Stevenage. As expected Marshall was dropped after two horrific performances and replaced by Roy Carroll in goal. Joey Barton was given his debut and Guarin pushed out to the right side of midfield. It was a good switch for Guarin as he produced a man of the match performance and grabbed two of Hull's three goals. It all started so badly for Hull as they fell behind to a Fulham goal. Up stepped Paulinho however to equalise then it was the Freddy Guarin show as he showed just how good a player he really is.

Other News

Hull have been drawn OB of Denmark in the first round of the UEFA Cup and they should get through that easily.

It has been an average start to the season for Hull. Too many goals conceded is concerning for Hepburn and he will be hoping Hull's form improves dramatically in the coming months.

Stevenage.jpg

Planet Stevenage : Joining The Cream Of Europe? Anythings Possible!

Fans of Stevenage, fans of the Boro its been another exciting session at camp Stevenage, one of our best, results wise, for quite a while actually!

Anyway, plenty of exciting action!

Premiership

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Birmingham

It was time to welcome newly promoted side Birmingham to our lovely ground which is currently under expansion. Well we started very lively indeed and continued with a very dominant first half performance which should have easily seen a couple of goals. The second half went very much the same way with us just not being able to put the ball into the back of the net but then! Yes welcome a new tactic change! With 15 minutes left on the clock it seemed just right for the tactic change and it worked! The dominace continued and the Brum defence was left behind after a great run from Rommedahl down the right wing, he crossed it in for the incoming Hidalgo who nodded it into the back of the net. Only minutes after that it was Hidalgo once more who made it a brace after firing a powerful shot past the keeper from just inside the area. Final Score : Stevenage 2 - 0 Birmingham Hidalgo (2)

Inter Toto Cup

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Man Utd

First Leg : Man Utd 1 - 1 Stevenage

Its the second leg of the final, who ever wins this game would secure a place on the european scene with getting Uefa Cup action, with our last meeting against United not going too good it wasn't looking too promising for the Boro. But we started with a lot of confidence and it was a suprise that the first half was goalless as we had a cracking goal disallowed for offside. We started the second half very much like we ended the first with getting more of the ball than United and then once more had a cracking chance disallowed because of offside, it got very frustrating as two good chances were not allowed which of course was then followed up with even worse news for us when out of no where, United get a goal and take the lead in this second leg encounter! Changes were made immediately with the front two being swapped around and two super subs coming on to try and get a goal back to put this game into extra time. What happened next was unbelievable! Boro without a doubt deserve the come back kings tag as the man on fire heads one in, the one and only Hidalgo scores past United again. He then got onto a cracking 40 yard pass from Marco Ferreira to double our score and take us ahead in this tie.....but once again this had to be the Hidalgo show! He loves playing against the big teams and completed another magnificant hattrick against United with a 30 yard screamer past Barthez. Final Score : Stevenage 3 - 1 agg 4-2 Man Utd Hidalgo (3)

Stevenage Knock Man Utd Out Of Europe!

We have done it! Stevenage in their first ever season in Europe have qualified from the Inter Toto Cup and have booked themselves in for the first round of the Uefa Cup. After beating Bundesliga side Wolfsburg it was time to face one of Europes best teams in Man Utd, but the Real Reds came out all guns blazing and put them in their place and have now officially kicked Man Utd out of Europe for this season! An occassion that will certainly be in their history books and a moment that will be remembered by many Stevenage for years to come.

Premiership

Visiting The Circle to take on : Andy Hepburn's Hull

Well Andy's side had the upper hand in our first ever meeting but we can put that to "settling in the premiership" as second time around we gave Hull a run for their money and things amazingly ended all square. So with Hull buying half a relegated team would it be enough to get them knocking on the Premiership title door? Well an improved Stevenage side certainly had a score to settle and wanted to show that their no push over. Things started with Hull seeing the early action in attack, Elliott tried very hard to score but Robinson was absolutely in form as he saved three rebounds in style, he was called up on again soon after but once more amazingly kept them out, definately the best keeping since arriving at the club, outstanding. But eventually things started to even and we were getting attacks of our own. Then it was Rommedahl again who lobbed a cracking 40 yard pass over the Tigers defence to let Semler in to give us a lead. It was all guns blazing as more goals were to come with Ferreira smashing in a 20 yard screamer into the top corner and Hidalgo once more nodding in a fantastic header, Hull keeper Marshall was having an absolutely stinker of a game, he couldnt hold onto the ball at all, chocolate fingers! Well in the second half Hull fans did see a goal after a long ball upfront saw Robinson come 35 yards out of goal..........what a bloody plonker! Well as keepers do, he didnt get the ball and invited the striker to an easy open goal. But just when it looked like Hull would try to make an amazing comeback it was the Colombian want away striker Hidalgo who finished off in style to round up a thrashing of a helpless Hull side! Final Score : Stevenage 4 - 1 Hull Hidalgo (2), Semler, Ferreira

Visiting Broadhall Way is : Coventry

Time for another promoted side to visit our lovely little stadium, we definately want to put them in their place and it looked odds on as we made all our shots on target but just couldnt score, then disaster as another pretty poor free kick was passed straight to the opposition who then went on to score! But, we put the tag on, come back kings are here to stay as we pull one back through a cracking strike by Hidalgo, he's just on fire at the moment. The second half then continued with complete domination and we were very well rewarded for it too as Semler scored a beauty followed by yet another goal by the man from Colombia, Hidalgo makes it his 9th goal in the last 4 games! Final Score : Stevenage 3 - 1 Coventry Hidalgo (2), Semler

So we have got over our loss to Man Utd in the league and paid them back with kicking them out of europe, we have won all our premiership games since that defeat and are finally scoring some goals yet again. A massive win over Hull certainly helped our cause and amazingly results also went our way too as we find ourselves in second place behind early pace setters Man Utd who are now managed by our very own Daz Gray! But as always, its early days and there's a very long way to go, in the Uefa Cup we will face Belgium side AA Gent, a game I hope we can win and certainly should be capable of winning after beating the likes of Wolfsburg and Man Utd already.

Archived