A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

A couple of pages ago Rashidi threatened to close this thread because it contained player naming with values. Now although i reluctantly agreed to draw a line under it a move on, it annoyed me recently to see another thread on here NOW which contains player and value naming - by CLEON!!!

Now come on Rashidi... if you point out the rules to me - why no mention to him?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can player name aslong as you stick to discussing tactics in detail. I have no idea why he told you that you cant icon_confused.gif

Ahh maybe cos of the price value, but its not a written rule and this isn't LLM forum so I don't see the problem personally.

Ended up only playing 7 games with the tactic at the end of my season, didnt save me from relegation. Infact quite the opposite. w1 d3 l3 so far, but I saw you said that I need to give it 15 games for it to fully work, does this count over seasons? I seem to conceed ALOT of goals through corners and free kicks, infact I hardly ever conceed through normal play. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Will keep the tactic for my championship season. My squad is immense compared to the championship squads (had a cheeky look at FM scout and it said I was rated the 4th best squad in the premiership, so god knows how much better I'll be in the champ).

Will keep you updated, though not a good start I'm afraid icon_frown.gif

Still playing with this tactic but i wanted another challenge. Since i am from the nothern part of norway, it felt naturally to choose "the nordic Paris" TROMSØ.

The prediction was a 10th place out of 16. And i had to strenghten the squad a lot if i was to acheive that goal.

Here is how it went:

tromschampionshg6.th.png]

As you can see i went on for the title, with the original squad + couple of first team signings.

The goal for this challenge is to fight for the european cups, as they have never been won by a norwegian side.

I hope that within 5-6 years that it could be done.

Also wanted to show you my target man, he is in the original squad:

rsttargetal0.th.png]

I hope it could be a norwegian victory in europe!!!

OK end of season update and I will post screenshots and all I can say is DERBY ARE PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS (OK I know I will not hear that in real life!!!!)

And bring on the champions league so a huge thank you to Andy for a amazing tactic and to all of you out there struggling stick with it. It will come good. And as I say I will sort screenshots.

Originally posted by LukeWeaver:

Ended up only playing 7 games with the tactic at the end of my season, didnt save me from relegation. Infact quite the opposite. w1 d3 l3 so far, but I saw you said that I need to give it 15 games for it to fully work, does this count over seasons? I seem to conceed ALOT of goals through corners and free kicks, infact I hardly ever conceed through normal play. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Will keep the tactic for my championship season. My squad is immense compared to the championship squads (had a cheeky look at FM scout and it said I was rated the 4th best squad in the premiership, so god knows how much better I'll be in the champ).

Will keep you updated, though not a good start I'm afraid icon_frown.gif

I have found that it takes between 10 - 12 games for the tactic to really kick in especially if you have a few new players or players in on loan.

paggioram, which link did you use? (to download) i only started half way through season and ended up 9th. will play a full season to see how it goes.

thing is i have some amazing players but dont seem to destroy teams as i should.

Still not convinced. w4 d5 l4 with my side which should be winning every game in the championship. got played off the park by league 2 colchester in the cup and now just lost away to bottom of the league Nottingham Forest. I'm playing with pacey deffenders and a great target man in Iversen (occasionally Luca Toni when hes not injured).

Will keep on trying but still I'm not happy football manager icon_frown.gif

LukeWeaver,

All I can say is hang in there it can take anywhere between 2 - 4 months for your team to gel and once they do and they get confidence things will happen.

In my first season I finished 17th with a last day miricle and now I won the Premier Division in my Second Year. This tactic really does work and I really do think it will work with any club just bare with it.

Still not convinced. w4 d5 l4 with my side which should be winning every game in the championship. got played off the park by league 2 colchester in the cup and now just lost away to bottom of the league Nottingham Forest. I'm playing with pacey deffenders and a great target man in Iversen (occasionally Luca Toni when hes not injured).

Will keep on trying but still I'm not happy football manager

I think it has been noted in this thread already that Iversen performs below par as a TM.

Do you have several foreigners in your team?

If Iverson does not work that well as a target man in some of my games to get him to start put a barrow from him to the AMC position so that he comes deep for the ball and once he starts and his confidence is up he goes on a huge run.

He was my top scorer last year.

Andy are you going to try and replicate this for FM08?

Andy are you going to try and replicate this for FM08?

I aim to, yes.

I believe that tactically there will be no overhaul in FM 2008. The help system is getting a complete overhaul and there will be new features other than that it is just an update. So hopefully i will get things going again. It's been a real joy playing 07, i mean winning the EPL, European Cup etc etc etc with Sunderland, i haven't actuaaly done that on FM for quite a few versions so while other people have said this is the hardest version yet, it has been easier than the others for me!

This is by far the best tactic I have ever used! I started with AGOVV, one of the worst teams in Dutch first division and reached the promotion-playoffs the first year. With a lot of bad luck I lost the playoffs but next year I won promotion. My first year in premier division was even more amazing, because I finished 4th! My squad is absolutely rubbish. I managed to sign a 37-year old TM with adequate heading and jumping, but he needs a wheelchair to move himself around the field. It's hilarious to see that top-class defenders like Stam (Ajax) and Alex (PSV) struggle to cope with my grandpa-TM. So Europe here I come, with my dazzling transfer budget of 14k (euro)! It is essential to have a pacey back four. In my opinion, pace in defence is more important than marking/tackling in this tactic. Hope the tactic is still effective when my opponents are going to use a more defensive tactic. Cheers for the wonder tactic, Andy!

This is by far the best tactic I have ever used! I started with AGOVV, one of the worst teams in Dutch first division and reached the promotion-playoffs the first year. With a lot of bad luck I lost the playoffs but next year I won promotion. My first year in premier division was even more amazing, because I finished 4th! My squad is absolutely rubbish. I managed to sign a 37-year old TM with adequate heading and jumping, but he needs a wheelchair to move himself around the field. It's hilarious to see that top-class defenders like Stam (Ajax) and Alex (PSV) struggle to cope with my grandpa-TM. So Europe here I come, with my dazzling transfer budget of 14k (euro)! It is essential to have a pacey back four. In my opinion, pace in defence is more important than marking/tackling in this tactic. Hope the tactic is still effective when my opponents are going to use a more defensive tactic. Cheers for the wonder tactic, Andy!

It's amazing when i read things like this, yes isn't it funny how one 37 year old can cause so many problems? Well done 'orangecloud' for what you achieved with this tactic.

I ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT ANY SUCCESS ABTAINED FROM THIS TACTIC IS MORE DOWN TO THE PLAYER THAN MYSELF. Yes i created the tactic but it is only a starting point, i don't believe you will get success without using your own management skills. For example - orangecloud reconises the strengths like pace being more important attribute than tackiling in defence.

Also Paggioram, he didn't win the EPL just by loading this tactic and pressing play each game. He did his homework and read this forum and implemented it into his game.

I'm sorry but i have no time for people who expect to download the tactic and expect it to work with no effort at all from themselves.

With the help of myself and others all the information is here to make the tactic work for most teams if you put the effort in.

Thanks for a great tactic, and a new thinking of developing tactics to the game.

Not the best of success when just testing it, unmodified. What I did was to download (of of his tactics, a more balanced one) and read wwfans (etc..). I did change all the player instructions, almost.

Now I have huge success in "Allsvenskan" (Swedish Premier Division), havnt lost a match yet, and only 4 more to go. The problem is, that I score far to few goals with my 3 strikers. I mean, 3 strikers should produce a large amount of goals. Al'tho I only have 6 goals in "my own net". So I should be happy. But if there are any hints for producing more goals with all of my three strikers I would be glad!

Now I have huge success in "Allsvenskan" (Swedish Premier Division), havnt lost a match yet, and only 4 more to go. The problem is, that I score far to few goals with my 3 strikers. I mean, 3 strikers should produce a large amount of goals. Al'tho I only have 6 goals in "my own net". So I should be happy. But if there are any hints for producing more goals with all of my three strikers I would be glad!

God some people are never happy! Never lost and only 4 goals conceded - but still wants more!

Seriously though, i never have trouble scoring goals but i always make sure my two outside strikers have composure as well as finishing. It's no good just having finishing as to often he will fluff his shot.

Well, just finished my second season.

Won the European super cup, Carling Cup and Champions league:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8873/landfh0.jpg

The CL was great, thumping Bayern, Man U and Barca in the knockout stages (Man U 9-1 on agg). The drab final was won on pens, our share of the possession 44% and 4 shots compared to the oppo's 10.

Came second in the Prem

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/855/leagueke5.jpg

This was a bit of a false position. We really struggled away from home, winning only our second away game at Christmas-time. I was getting desperate so tried the "dropping the DL tip" when away from home and that seemed to work much better when away to weaker teams. If Away to favs/big teams sticking with the untweaked tactic was more productive.

This tactic does seem to rule in europe though, home and away against anyone. Last year we won the UEFA, the CL this. I'll have a look at our W/D/L record and see what its like.

I'm getting worried about having to replace Zigic as TM eventually though, the few I've tried so far haven't come close. I tried Kompany (def) as a test and he was probably the best so far, bagging a couple too.

Well, just finished my second season.

Won the European super cup, Carling Cup and Champions league:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8873/landfh0.jpg

The CL was great, thumping Bayern, Man U and Barca in the knockout stages (Man U 9-1 on agg). The drab final was won on pens, our share of the possession 44% and 4 shots compared to the oppo's 10.

Came second in the Prem

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/855/leagueke5.jpg

This was a bit of a false position. We really struggled away from home, winning only our second away game at Christmas-time. I was getting desperate so tried the "dropping the DL tip" when away from home and that seemed to work much better when away to weaker teams. If Away to favs/big teams sticking with the untweaked tactic was more productive.

This tactic does seem to rule in europe though, home and away against anyone. Last year we won the UEFA, the CL this. I'll have a look at our W/D/L record and see what its like.

I'm getting worried about having to replace Zigic as TM eventually though, the few I've tried so far haven't come close. I tried Kompany (def) as a test and he was probably the best so far, bagging a couple too.

Well done bootle, nice to hear of more success. I have to agree as i always felt confident when playing in Europe also. The likes of Barcelona etc have no answers to this tactic!

There are quite a few TM's in the game. Peter Crouch, Alan Smith to name just a couple.

Also, this has been touched on but...

To me this seems to be a "get the players to fit the tactic" type tactic. Something I wholly prefer when playing FM, Im no twiddler me.

The R/L forward positions seem to be just as well (perhaps more) suited to an am/f as a striker as they invariably recieve the ball at the byline or as an old outside left/right. Allowing them to cross, dribble and shoot from range- skills not all strikers are equipped to do.

ive been using this tactic for a few seasons now, first taking Hull into the premiership, then taking Watford up, after they gave me the job, they were bottom at christmas and mangaed to get them into the playoffs which we won.

We then finished 6th in our first season in the Prem, the following year i won the FA cup and Uefa cup against a very strong Valencia team in the final, including a 7-1 away win at Sevilla, and beating Bayern Munich and Porto in the group stages. All this and finished 2nd in the Prem.

I would like to say thanks to andy, because im not a FM nut and i only play it when i can, but youve made it fun again, which for me is the main part of playing games.

Just won the world cup with England having won the Euriopean Championship and the confederations Cup before that.

Going to start again with Wales and see if I can do it again.

Then I'm going to try and get a team from conf south to prem.

If any tactic can do it this one can

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now I have huge success in "Allsvenskan" (Swedish Premier Division), havnt lost a match yet, and only 4 more to go. The problem is, that I score far to few goals with my 3 strikers. I mean, 3 strikers should produce a large amount of goals. Al'tho I only have 6 goals in "my own net". So I should be happy. But if there are any hints for producing more goals with all of my three strikers I would be glad!

God some people are never happy! Never lost and only 4 goals conceded - but still wants more!

Seriously though, i never have trouble scoring goals but i always make sure my two outside strikers have composure as well as finishing. It's no good just having finishing as to often he will fluff his shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course Im happy mate, this is a great way of playing and I love the idea. Just asked for a few tips. It just seem a little bit unstable in my front, so to say. Almost whole season played so, could be the "half season"-hazard.

Well, couldnt find a working link for your original tactic, you still got it online?

ianbrown82: That is what this tactic is about. There are lots of people not enjoying FM anymore, i know because i was one of them! But i feel with this tactic it has allowed us to get something from the game again.

romayrag: As well as this tactic has done for you, i'm unsure if it is capable of taking a team from the Conf South to the EPL. For starters this is not best suited to the really lower leagues unless you can get a minimum of 5 fast defenders - not an easy task in itself.

keffo: Did you check your strikers finishing and composure attributes? Because if they are ok you should score goals.

Guest RobotAnt

Indeed this is a good tactic! Started a game with Colchester, not too far into the season, have about 15 games gone and am sitting third in the Championship, though got dumped out of the Carling Cup by a dodgy penalty, no worries!

Higlight was winning a friendly against Arsenal 0-1.

It's true, the key to this tactic is finding the right players to fill the roles properly. The two supporting strikers need to be good finishers with composure to and decision making to be able to latch onto the flick ons from the target man.

Signed a good TM for free, 37 years old mind you but got great natural fitness and determination with a good work rate (not to mention heading/jumping) so he's been banging them.

Great tactic!

Hi Andy! I have been using this tactic since game 1 of the season with Gillingham, I have been using the Update version of this tac i have NOT tweaked at all except from changing TM Supply from Head to Run on to ball when i take my TM off.

My Squad

SQUAD

Some Results

RESULTS 1

Results 2

League Table

Table

Key Players

Danny Haynes

This Kid is SUPERB, Pace, Finishing and Trickery. 26 goals in 32 appearances says it all really i just wish i had enough money to make the move permanent!

Kabamba Musasa

Kambamba and Haynes are DEADLY when up front in a 3 the Pace and trickery is hard to defend against. Not as prolific as Haynes but creates alot with his direct running and speed. And a BARGAIN at 60k.

Clarence Acuna

Danny Spiller

With Clarences crunching tackles and spillers passing they do a darn good job for me in the centre of the park. Clarences mops up and Spiller feeds the ball upfield. Not much time on the ball but they both do a good job.

Defensively the back 5 has been superb. I though with 2 CM's i would be killed in the centre but my players quickly shut them down and dominate.

I have used Fuss's tactic and i have had mixed success but this is superb home and away.

Lately i haven't been performing so well. Do you have any Tweaks that i could use?? I think other managers have finally sussed me out.

But i must say this is a superb tactic!! Well done Andy!!

P.S i will post the end of season results etc etc. icon14.gif

Hi Andy! I have been using this tactic since game 1 of the season with Gillingham, I have been using the Update version of this tac i have NOT tweaked at all except from changing TM Supply from Head to Run on to ball when i take my TM off.

My Squad

SQUAD

Some Results

RESULTS 1

Results 2

League Table

Table

Key Players

Danny Haynes

This Kid is SUPERB, Pace, Finishing and Trickery. 26 goals in 32 appearances says it all really i just wish i had enough money to make the move permanent!

Kabamba Musasa

Kambamba and Haynes are DEADLY when up front in a 3 the Pace and trickery is hard to defend against. Not as prolific as Haynes but creates alot with his direct running and speed. And a BARGAIN at 60k.

Clarence Acuna

Danny Spiller

With Clarences crunching tackles and spillers passing they do a darn good job for me in the centre of the park. Clarences mops up and Spiller feeds the ball upfield. Not much time on the ball but they both do a good job.

Defensively the back 5 has been superb. I though with 2 CM's i would be killed in the centre but my players quickly shut them down and dominate.

I have used Fuss's tactic and i have had mixed success but this is superb home and away.

Lately i haven't been performing so well. Do you have any Tweaks that i could use?? I think other managers have finally sussed me out.

But i must say this is a superb tactic!! Well done Andy!!

P.S i will post the end of season results etc etc.

Well done gettinf Gillingham to the Top of Div 1 and as i said above credit goes to you for that. I mean if you look at the screenshots you've got a good system going. Great forward line, how did you get Acuna to come to Gillingham?

Hope you can go on to win the League although i don't know how Gillingham would fare in a higher division. Keep us informed!

Mike235110: Don't sign to many foriegners though, i've noticed from what other people said that the tactic stops working with to many of them, the midfield and defence need to be a hardworking team effort. Foreigners are more skilful but more individual also.

Don't post just to give transfer updates its pointless as this is the tactics forum not the good player guide forum.

Yes, Cleon is correct, we're more interested in how the team, and ultimatly the tactic is performing.

Been using your tactic on my Tottenham game and had some great results:

1st season - Came first in the prem, semi final in UAFA cup, semi final in FA cup and semi final in league cup. Defoe (left attacker) ended up top GS with 40 goals in 58 games (all comps)

2nd Season - Finished 3rd in league after having a terrible start, won the FA cup, won the League cup and got to the final of the CL beaten by barca 3-0. Berbatov (target man) ending up top GS with 40 in 58 (all comps)

3rd season - 12 games in and top with 31 points 5 away from second (man u), knocked out of the league cup, but through the group stage of the cl beating real madrid at white hart lane 1-0 and drawing up them at there place. Top Gs at the moment is Mido (target man) with 11 played him while berbs was injured and hes excelled.

I tried Zigic in the target man role but he didnt perform for me so he was sold, so little worried if i lose berbs and mido to big clubs who offer silly money, dont know who im going to get. I have invested in alot of 16-18 year olds with bags of potential so they might start to come through soon.

Thanks again for the tactic and i will keep you informed.

Hi Andy can you reccomend any tweaks because my team are starting to struggle. I think other teams have sussed me out icon_frown.gif

Goals are drying up and defence not performing so well now. I just signed DJ Campbell which should bolster my attack i have very fast strikers now. So do you have any tweaks to change things around?? and another to use my attacking pace more.

Thanks! icon14.gif

I'm struggling a bit with this tactic, 19 games into the season and while I'm taking points against the big/medium teams in the Championship (I'm Norwich) I've lost against 3 of the bottom 5 sides at home, games that I should easily win.

I'll give it more time, see if my team settles into it some more.

Originally posted by andysafc:

ianbrown82: That is what this tactic is about. There are lots of people not enjoying FM anymore, i know because i was one of them! But i feel with this tactic it has allowed us to get something from the game again.

romayrag: As well as this tactic has done for you, i'm unsure if it is capable of taking a team from the Conf South to the EPL. For starters this is not best suited to the really lower leagues unless you can get a minimum of 5 fast defenders - not an easy task in itself.

Would it not just be fast in the context of the conf tho'?

keffo: Did you check your strikers finishing and composure attributes? Because if they are ok you should score goals.

Originally posted by Kassien:

I'm struggling a bit with this tactic, 19 games into the season and while I'm taking points against the big/medium teams in the Championship (I'm Norwich) I've lost against 3 of the bottom 5 sides at home, games that I should easily win.

I'll give it more time, see if my team settles into it some more.

Mike235110:

If you look through the thread you can perhaps use the changes I have made to better suit your players/team

Happy to say that the tactic is now working with my West Brom side in 2011 and I am now top of the championship, going back up to the prem.

Did I read right that this tactic works best with Matts Training?

I've been looking for it everywhere but I literally cannot find it. Does anyone have an available link or can someone email it to me pretty please?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

three parts through my second season with birmingham currently lying 4th in the prem but have played 2 or 3 games than the teams around me.tactic is still a bit inconsistent for me team seems to still conceed a lot of goals any tips on how i can improve my defence tema at the mmoent is

gk foster/enyeama

rb kelly/parnaby

lb quedrue/b.jones

cb gardner

cb c.davies/hangeland

cb rigdewell

cm steven davis/sidwell

cm haestad/muamba

tm zigic/e.johnson

fc k.doyle

fc defoe

subs-mcsheffery,danny murphy,naismith,qvist,speed

all defenders have 15+pace so i`m not sure whats wrong

Completed First Season

Finished 1st. Start of the Season was a walk in the Park but after January my strikers couldnt score to save there life! I couldnt believe how many chances we missed. it took about 3-5 games for each striker to get 1 goal. I was really getting worried that i may have to accept play offs buecause millwall and swansea were gaining on me! Swansea went from 9 points difference to 3 with 2 games left. I was playing Yeovil i went 1 down so i dropped my side St's to AMR/AML and scored 1 late on. Started the last game of the season and played with one ST and 2 wingers and was superb!

So great tactic all in all just maybe when other teams suss you out try a bit of a tweak by dropping 2 side ST's to AMR/AML!

Well Done Andy on a SUPERB Tactic!!

Roll On Championship!

icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived