Guide for Editing on FMH2008

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I have a problem with the editor, i have a new pc so unsure whether this is the prob as not had this previously.

i have made lots of changes and then save it, when i want to view the saved file it is not there. i.e. view in txt format or to drag into psp folder. it is being saved in numerous folders such as my documents, desktop and fmh folder

i can open the file from the editor by loading database but cannot find it to open outside the editor!!

somebody pls help this is driving me crazy!!

How come the editor is not working for me??

I put a folder named 'FMH2008' in the folder called 'Commoner'

I wrote the command: "PLAYER" "Rhys" "Murphy" "Arsenal" "The best" "Casanova" "1990" "180" "200" "Arsenal"

In a Microsoft word document and called it changes.txt

And then when I start it wont work what should I do??

And how do I load my FMH??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Skippi - Can you post the contents of your changes text file?

Evo87 - Using the Editor can help you with that, it can be downloaded from - http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=game&id=30

The line you need to put in is - "PLAYER""Ronaldo" "de Assis Moreira" "F.C. Barcelona" "" "" "" "" "" "A.C. Milan"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, i'm trying to put my hometown team Abingdon United in the BSP.

I've tried to replace Oxford United as there in the south and only 6 miles away but mostly because their kit's the same Yellow/Blue, i've also tried Torquay United because they have a similar kit.

I just can't get it to work though i've tried the editor and loads of lines e.g

"CLUB" "Abingdon United" "England" "" "" "" "Blue Square Premier"

"CLUB" "Oxford United" "England" "" "" "" "English Southern League First Division South/West"

"CLUB" "Abingdon United" "England" "" "Abingdon Utd" "" "Blue Square Premier"

"CLUB" "Oxford United" "England" "" "Oxford Utd" "" "English Southern League First Division South/West"

I just can't get it to work! Anyone got any idea's?

Cheers lads. :thup:

Reputation is the opinion (more technically, a social evaluation) of the public toward a person, a group of people, or an organization. It is an important factor in many fields, such as business, online communities or social status.

In FMH (and FM) reputation of a club is defined between 1 and 10000. The larger the number the more reputable that team is. For instance, Ebbsfleet United will have a reputation of about 1000-2000 while Manchester United, being the bigger club, will have a reputation nigh on 10000.

• SI Staff

Anyone who's tried to use club logo's with club names containing non-standard character sets will be glad to know I've just fixed the bug which prevented these working (so they'll be fine in FMH09, apologies for the problem in 08).

"PLAYER""Alex" "Meechan" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Darren" "Craddock" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Liam" "Shepherd" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Manny" "Panther" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Mark" "Robinson" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Martyn" "Woolford" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Nicky" "Wroe" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Onome" "Sodje" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Paul" "Brayson" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Phil" "Turnbull" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Richard" "Brodie" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Ross" "Greenwood" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Stuart" "Elliott" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Tommy" "Evans" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Jonathan" "McDonald" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""David" "McGurk" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Darren" "Kelly" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Danny" "Parslow" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Craig" "Farrell" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Chris" "Beardsley" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Carl" "Jones" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

"PLAYER""Ben" "Purkiss" "York City" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

Hi, this is probably going to turn out to be a really stupid and easy fix, but I can't seem to get 'changes.txt' to load?

I stuck Crickie's latest update file directly into 'PSP/COMMON/FMH2008', and didn't edit. I start a new game (Spanish league), but I'm not seeing any changes. I'm playing with a Third tier, Fourth league team. Once I get these changes made I would love to start a game with my beloved Pompey, complete with Traore, Thomas and Little!

Thanks for any help/advice.

thats because your in the spanish league, start as pompey and the players will appear there.

Thanks for the reply Crickie, but even in the Spanish league Deco is still a Barca player. Just to check anyway, I started a game as Pompey but the changes were not there. No Defoe, Crouchie, Little etc :(. Still had Benjani too! :p

Thanks for the reply Crickie, but even in the Spanish league Deco is still a Barca player. Just to check anyway, I started a game as Pompey but the changes were not there. No Defoe, Crouchie, Little etc :(. Still had Benjani too! :p

did you change the file name at all. also which update did you download. also where did you put the file.

did you change the file name at all. also which update did you download. also where did you put the file.

File name: changes.txt (not altered after download)

Download: Your second link on the first page of the September update thread, which linked to megaupload.

Thanks,

Thomas

Archived