Whats the General standing on TeamTalks?

i am also hoping to see one of these, i'm interested in what the effect is, my croatian assistant on my new game seems to agree with ally mccoist on my old, every time i ask for their opinion: "For the fans" i only use this in europe now, and for games where i am the underdog, its "You can win today" its seeming to work pretty nicely, i'm 12th in the premiership with stoke, but i do have a pretty good team now.

if u use 'we can win this' then u will lose the match sometimes by more than 2 goals.

try this, i have used this with my liverpool team and only that team so this may work for you and it may not.

pre match 'i expect a win'

half time none

full time 'well done'

if playing a rival

pre match 'none'

half time ' for fans'

post match 'well done'

if u are losing by one goal at half time then none

and if losing by 2 goals then for fans.

you need a good ass man (20 mental) for the press conferences.

by using this i won all comps and i was unbeaten in the prem until hte last day of the season where i lost to bolton cos of a freak goal.

and if u do lose a game 'sympathise'

and never use angry or dissapointed.

let me know how u get on.

maz what formation did you used? and what attrbiutes you look for your team talks?

if u use 'we can win this' then u will lose the match sometimes by more than 2 goals.

try this, i have used this with my liverpool team and only that team so this may work for you and it may not.

pre match 'i expect a win'

half time none

full time 'well done'

if playing a rival

pre match 'none'

half time ' for fans'

post match 'well done'

if u are losing by one goal at half time then none

and if losing by 2 goals then for fans.

you need a good ass man (20 mental) for the press conferences.

by using this i won all comps and i was unbeaten in the prem until hte last day of the season where i lost to bolton cos of a freak goal.

and if u do lose a game 'sympathise'

let me know how u get on.

hey,

i've not tried this with smaller teams and i've only used tactics that you can download from these forums but one thing i have noticed is that the morale of the squad has to be good ( check your clubs confidence levels) otherwise it might not work. also if u can find a good assistant then do the press conferences yourself and parise the players every 5 games or criticize them every 5 games but don't be to harsh.

hope this helps

I strongly disagree with this suggestion. If, say for example, C. Ronaldo's performance dropped in the second half to 5.4 telling him that you're either angry or disappointed would in my eyes be beneficial due to his determined personality. Players of this nature are more likely to respond well to criticism than someone whose personality is less determined.

How best to handle your players will depend on their personality.

Have to disagree with not using "Angry" or "Dissapointing". If you are playing with a team like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, etc. I expect them to play and I expect them to win. If they don't then naturally I am going to be ****ed off. If they were played off the park and we never got going I will naturally use "angry", as it generally (if you go into Ass. Man feedback) makes the player "angry" which generally make's them come out in the next game and play that much better to prove you wrong. If we should have won the game but only came away with a draw or lost it, I'll use dissapointing as it generally has the same effect on the team and sometimes sympathise depending on the circumstances. Otherwise the only time I use sympathise is if we play the team off the park and come away with a draw.

For most of the team's I play, I use these team talks (and I do my own interview's):

Home

Pre-Match - I expect a win. You are playing at home, so I expect a performance from the players.

Half Time (Winning) - Dont let your performance drop.

Half Time (Drawing or Losing) - Encourage, if you are in the game. Dissapointing, if you are getting dominated.

Full Time (Won) - Pleased or Sensational, varies on the result and how we played.

Full Time (Drew or Lost) - Sympathise, Dissapointing or Angry. See above.

Away

Pre-Match - Wish Luck (Never use "You can win", generally demoralize's your team)

Half Time (Winning) - Pleased.

Half Time (Drawing or Losing) - Encourage.

Full Time (Won) - Pleased or Sensational, varies on the result and how we played.

Full Time (Drew or Lost) - Sympathise for most cases.

But that's just me. It also does depend on the determination of your squad and how player's react to things.

Archived