The Nations League Database

united_4ever85

Hi... was just thinking that a Capital League would be fun... similar to what you have done but based on the Swiss league... Clubs representing the capital cities of Europe... I'd do the editing, but couldn't do all the great graphics that you have...

That was my intention the first time round. I was just going to have the capital city names but have the same layout etc. Logos were easy to do, i just found most of them on wikipedia as there the nations crest. How would your database work? Youd be able to buy players from every nation if you were to use the Swiss leagues. Maybe a database consisting of players from the capital might be good instead of nations.

With the capital league, clubs would be allowed to buy foreign players... I was thinking of it being a super-league type thing with links to Europe's regular comps... that's why I thought the Swiss league would be good as there are (in comparison to other nations) not all that many clubs to change.

I've finished one season using the database... But when I'm starting the second season, I can't seem to get past 1st September 2009. When I press continue, a prompt saying "array access out of bounds" or something will appear, followed by a crash dump prompt, then the fm program shuts down... Help anyone?

I reckon if FM came with a full, completely editable database it would open up so many opportunities. We could then make databases like this one but based on the English League system, or make our own system. Same goes with the Super Leagues. It would open up so many possibilities.

This is pretty impressive though, well done OP :D

Good work fella for doing a database like this. :thup:

Been looking for a nations superleague as I no longer have the time after creating one for FM07 based in Scotland (which took blooming ages :D).

You seem to have got round the perennial problem with a league like this of players swapping teams, nice one!

Will probably download this in the near future and give it a go. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great database, but I see a small problem. International teams can call up any player and with some sulky exceptions, they will come. However, teams like Man Utd and Real Madrid are just as reputable as they are in real life, which means that the nations league is only slightly more reputable, leading to players moving away or refusing to come. All other leagues should have a rep >13 and team >7000. Easy enough for me to do myself, of coure, just thought I'd make an observation.

Apart from that small thing, top work.

EDIT: Ran a season and Zlatan going to Barca for £16M was the biggest move. Diarra, Vidic, Raul, Aquilani and Sneijder all went for >£12M and that's just the first few months. Going to run a few months with my alterations to rep.

Hope you don't think I'm knocking this, me and a mate spent ages recently up with various unworkable and ridiculous ways to make a nations league, so this is a wonder. The changes are just something I saw used on another superleague, ensuring it was the only league anyone any good would want to play in.

DOUBLE EDIT: That about fixed it. A few leavers from the championship over 6 months, but more in than out, so they were probably annoyed with lack of first team chances or something.

• 1 month later...
FMGames exists. Was down yesterday but back up today.

Its because of the Malaysian rules, it doesnt allow you to sign any foreign players.

cheers matey, thought once you swapped a team into that league the team automaticly swapped there nation!

Archived