Preseason training

Hey I'm using tug's training schedules and they're working great but in all the years of FMs I've never known really what to do in the pre-season. Should I have a completely different schedule? Should I just up the workload? Or should I leave it as is.

I've always usually left it as is, but I'm wondering if that's the right thing to do?

jabso, i usually set all players to intensive physical training and nothing for everything else.. just for the period thay start training to when they start playing friendlies, say for 7-11 days.. then chuck them in their normal regimes..

it doesnt seem to work as much on this new 9.2.0 though..

feedback would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to start a new season. Usually, for the sake of realism, I set all outfielders to a preseason schedule that works physical stats, but for what I've read, many people just leave the same schedules all year around. I was wondering if anybody has done some testing about it and reached some conclusion. And if I were to design a preseason schedule, how should I set the non-physical training areas, to nothing (as proposed in the previous post) or to a maintanance level?

As an aside, it seems to me that training in FM is underrated. It should have a bigger impact in what happens in match day, I would think that a comment to the media should be less important than a good practice before the match.

I'm about to start a new season. Usually, for the sake of realism, I set all outfielders to a preseason schedule that works physical stats, but for what I've read, many people just leave the same schedules all year around. I was wondering if anybody has done some testing about it and reached some conclusion. And if I were to design a preseason schedule, how should I set the non-physical training areas, to nothing (as proposed in the previous post) or to a maintanance level?

As an aside, it seems to me that training in FM is underrated. It should have a bigger impact in what happens in match day, I would think that a comment to the media should be less important than a good practice before the match.

I just go for reduced levels on the non-physical stuff. I tried a week of intensive training with minimal ball work but failed to notice any effect. TBH I have serious doubts as to whether pre-season training has any effect, other than to lower the stats in other areas. My youth schedules are the same all year round too.

I put my first team squad on intensive aerobic training up until the first league match. This has made my squad very fit; they never get exhausted. Also, I force my defenders to do intensive aerobic work all year round, whilst having defensive work on intensive as well. This has made them extremely fit whilst maintining/improving their defensive skills. They complain about it but the benefits are obvious.

i have downloaded several training schedules and cant get them onto my game, can someone please help because my training regimes aint working

Open into MyDocuments/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 09/schedules. In the game, import from your training window by clicking the schedules tag and then edit.

I usually put my players on a pre-season schedule for four weeks.

My schedule looks like this:

preseasonnn1.jpg

The hard physical training is there for obvious reasons.

I also give the players a good deal of ball control training as they haven't touched a ball all the summer and the rest is set to light instead of none to avoid too many drops in player stats.

If some of my players are very injury prone I sometimes put them on a lighter physical schedule.

There's no secrets or greater knowledge behind it, but it seems to work for me. The ball control training is probably unnecessary but I like the idea of it.

I usually put my players on a pre-season schedule for four weeks.

My schedule looks like this:

preseasonnn1.jpg

The hard physical training is there for obvious reasons.

I also give the players a good deal of ball control training as they haven't touched a ball all the summer and the rest is set to light instead of none to avoid too many drops in player stats.

If some of my players are very injury prone I sometimes put them on a lighter physical schedule.

There's no secrets or greater knowledge behind it, but it seems to work for me. The ball control training is probably unnecessary but I like the idea of it.

surely the bottom 4 are one notch too low by consensus?

8 clicks is the minimum to prevent attributes dropping?

Anyone care to discuss?

Anyone care to discuss?

I have no idea. I used to have them all set to "none" and attributes dropped all through pre-season. Changed it to this and now I see very few drops.

One notch higher might be better but I don't hope that FM has reached the point where one notch is the difference between succes and failure in training. ;)

Anyone care to discuss?

Yes, the maintainance level seems to be click number 7 or position 8. You can read more here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=70803

Since I play a game with two teams, I let one with the usual schedule and the other is doing physical training. Let's see if I notice any difference.

• 5 months later...
I was in desperate need for a pre-season, going to try a training schedule similar to Eiler, except with 8 notches for all attributes. Gonna post feedback when I finis all friendlies.

Changed the values like this after an injury: Reverted to 7 notches for all attributes (except ball control, strength and aerobic), ball control minus one and strength and aerobic a notch to the left.

Currently playing with a week side so in bigger clubs the Pre-Season training should work with less injuries and bigger effect while having better coaches etc.

I assume not lot of FM managers use pre-season as I did not before. But with testing it now I came to a conclusion that it would be very good to train hard physically in your pre-season. I've made only a few changes to the original Eiler's pre-season training and you could grab it here.

I had 9 friendlies in the pre-season of my second season with Telstar with whom I managed to get into Dutch first league. I had friendlies on Saturdays and Wednesdays, 2 per week and it seemed like all players wouldn't survive this regime but the pre-season helped me maintain around 94-98 condition for all players before each match. There were no drops in skills except for those who were injured.

If you are playing with a better side you will of course get better results and less injuries (probably).

Please someone try this and give me feedback asap!!!

Archived