Do Mac's need authenticating?

What people are fixed Peter?

And im online so much at the moment because its the xmas period and Ive been staying trying to save money. Im normally out Monday Tuesday and Wednesday nights with one thing and another. Plus I wont be online as much through the day once work starts getting busy next week :(

Plus you would only time im online if you are too! :D

I meant, 'how long do you believe it will take for the beta testers to be picked.' I have seen it now though, just a lapse in concentration.

I am online as I have nothing much else to do.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol! I thought you meant that but the answer was in the oiginal post!

I have things I "could" do but surfing the web seems to be taking over most of my days recently!

I just expanded my post in that topic again :eek:, it really is huge. I just do not believe my previous posts in these forums will do me any favours so I have done my best to make my application very thorough.

No I know it's got nothing to do with post count but it's strange seeing someone with such little post count as a mod when some people have over 40,000 posts and aren't mods. If you catch my drift.

Some of the people with over 40,000 posts I wouldn't leave in charge of a glass of water. Mostly because they'd be outwitted by it.

What are you trying to say about some of our more distinguished posters Glynn?

And yes 445l we have done quite well with this topic up to now! I think the title scares people off tbh.

And yes Pete Ive expanded mine a bit too.

So back on topic if macs dont need authenticating does that mean you need a cd to play on a mac?

Nice little private corner you guys have going here. :D

Nice of you to join,

The post count shouldn't be looked at when deciding who the testers and future mods will be. Their posting style should be looked at and that should be the main characteristic they look at.

What are you trying to say about some of our more distinguished posters Glynn?

Distinguished? Because they post more rubbish than other people? Strange values you have there. ;)

PS Modship requires the ability to spell a user's name properly Hugh. :D

So back on topic if macs dont need authenticating does that mean you need a cd to play on a mac?

That's how I understand it.

(So, what have I missed? Care to take another member in here? :D )

That's how I understand it.

(So, what have I missed? Care to take another member in here? :D )

Sure would :D. You have missed us discussing who would be best to be mods and discussing our posts in the 'beta testing' thread :D Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay

Its an open forum you dont need to ask permission!

And this appears to have taken on life as the GD Off topic thread, not sure how long it will last though.

Glad I dont have a mac BTW as I seem to have "misplaced" both my CD and manaul at moment. Thank god for Steam and paint!

I'd love to help beta test FM10 myself but doubt I'd have the time, hence didn't/won't bother applying. And on the other point, you don't quite come across as 13 (and would probably make a good mod!)

And semi-on-topic, I'm pretty disappointed Tiger PowerPC Macs were dropped by SI for FM09.

Now this is where I get confused. I see people talk about Tiger and Leopard what are they on about and whats a PowerPC compared to a normal IMAC?

Im a PC dinasour and tried a mac once, spent 10 minutes trying to get a CD out the thing and gave them up a bad job! We have 3 in work out of 400 pc's but the users all seem to support themselves thank god!

Tiger is OS 10.4; Leopard is 10.5 and of course it's newer - sort of like XP vs. Vista, only better (sorry, don't like Microsoft a lot but have no choice now). iMacs nowadays run on Intel chips. PowerPCs don't, and SI are no longer supporting PPC. :(

Some of the people with over 40,000 posts I wouldn't leave in charge of a glass of water. Mostly because they'd be outwitted by it.

Haha, Anyway, morning Guys, good to see you have all had a good conversation while I've been off :D but I won't be on much the next 2-3 weeks as I've got Mock exams coming up so I'm studying hard. I'll try and come on as much as I can though.

Haha, Anyway, morning Guys, good to see you have all had a good conversation while I've been off :D but I won't be on much the next 2-3 weeks as I've got Mock exams coming up so I'm studying hard. I'll try and come on as much as I can though.

Understandable, surely you will get in an hour either side of studying :)

Ahmufcwafc, have you read it all, I spend a good 30 minutes on that so I better get it :p

^^ Good luck with your mocks Tom. Last year I did the Irish equivalent of the GCSE's, they're not as hard as you might think! Having said that, the mocks are a lot harder imo. But what I just said might have absolutely no meaning since it might be a lot different over in England than it is in Ireland :D

Understandable, surely you will get in an hour either side of studying :)

Ahmufcwafc, have you read it all, I spend a good 30 minutes on that so I better get it :p

I'm gonna have two tabs open, This forums and Bitesize or some other site

^^ Good luck with your mocks Tom. Last year I did the Irish equivalent of the GCSE's, they're not as hard as you might think! Having said that, the mocks are a lot harder imo. But what I just said might have absolutely no meaning since it might be a lot different over in England than it is in Ireland :D

Lol, I think they're hard but hopefully I can achieve what I need to achieve to stay on at Sixth form.

:D. It is probably a load of waffle as I seemed to go on a bit.

Why is it, everytime i click quick reply on my laptop, it takes me to the normal reply screen?

What do you mean? I just have a quick reply button on my screen, click it & your message should be posted.

Pressing the quick reply button next to an individual posts just jumps my browser down to the quick reply pane (which I already have open in every thread, thanks to my prefs)... I thought it was supposed to do a quote or something. Apparently not. :D

Pressing the quick reply button next to an individual posts just jumps my browser down to the quick reply pane (which I already have open in every thread, thanks to my prefs)... I thought it was supposed to do a quote or something. Apparently not. :D

Click "Quote message in reply" and it will reply :D. When I try this my browser just goes to the normal reply page.

Click "Quote message in reply" and it will reply :D. When I try this my browser just goes to the normal reply page.

Do you have 'quick reply' enabled in your User preferences btw?

You can have my old one when I buy a new one. It runs FM fine, apart from 3D which lags.

I was just over-exaggerating a bit Tom :p My laptop runs FM at a decent speed, its just laggy when it comes to 3D like yours. I'm buying myself a new laptop soon enough, thanks for the offer though.

Anyone else here having trouble with their laptop overheating while playing FM09? Or is it just me?

I was just over-exaggerating a bit Tom :p My laptop runs FM at a decent speed, its just laggy when it comes to 3D like yours. I'm buying myself a new laptop soon enough, thanks for the offer though.

Anyone else here having trouble with their laptop overheating while playing FM09? Or is it just me?

Mine does give me warm legs :p My 3D Runs almost too smoothly

edit: Tom: Acers are brilliant :D

So we're both buying new laptops too :) and my laptop doesn't overheat, it seems pretty fine to me.

You should have really just bought a new laptop a long time ago instead of wasting £600 on repairs :p

No it was £150 over the 4 times it broke! Lol anyway here's my new one http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1654070318.1230899382@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadegdljifehcflgceggdhhmdfol.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=852760&category_oid=-35054

Archived