fm10, no new features, bugs ironed out.

The OP was spot-on... keep FM09 and just POLISH it instead of trying to add comparatively superfluous features.

I am all for it, as long they keep it realistic and make it even more (way more) challenging.There is no point of playing RL simulation game on "autopilot" mode. So bring on even more in depth, detailed stuff.

If people want new game every 2 years or so, at least make something that it will take at least 2 years to crack.People want success , they should make it hard like IRL to get one, so theyu can appreciate what they accomplished.

No easy rides for anyone :)

I am all for it, as long they keep it realistic and make it even more (way more) challenging.There is no point of playing RL simulation game on "autopilot" mode. So bring on even more in depth, detailed stuff.

If people want new game every 2 years or so, at least make something that it will take at least 2 years to crack.People want success , they should make it hard like IRL to get one, so theyu can appreciate what they accomplished.

No easy rides for anyone :)

Commercially pointless!

Commercially pointless!

Not necessarily, there is lot of hard games on market. Just because they are not spotlighted on "Gamespot" and such , doesn't mean they don't exist.Plus , people are complaining how "this or that " is not realistic, so lets get realistic stuff they want. Of course that comes with other realistic stuff that lot of them will find hard :)

I am tired of games that are made "suitable for casuals " , where "casuals " means very easy mod. You have tons of those on market and they are killing gaming in general, example EA games (like every single one of them).

If this game is way harder, i don't mind paying $ 150.00(to cover for loses of SI, if they happen) for it every 2 years , because that's how long will keep me busy playing.

Can see your point, but what about the first time player? I personally have been playing this game for at least 15 years so know, sort of, what to expect! As i said about the first time player though, how can they expect to pick it up straight away if its so difficult/realistic or however you prefer! Difficulty settings may well be the way forward!

Can see your point, but what about the first time player? I personally have been playing this game for at least 15 years so know, sort of, what to expect! As i said about the first time player though, how can they expect to pick it up straight away if its so difficult/realistic or however you prefer! Difficulty settings may well be the way forward!

You were once first time player, so i was. When you compare what kind of access and PC knowledge we had back then , it is pretty much equal with what you got now with more advanced FM and costumer PC knowledge.

You do have difficulty settings already , in lieu of your starting reputation.If someone wants to win EPL as "unknown" manager, that one should expect near impossible task , as it is IRL.

To keep it simple, we had same step learning curve , like they do have now, despite game being more advanced now, since we had way less access to anything.Good tutorial should suffice to give them decent head start.But won't give them magic knowledge or ability to win everything first year. For that , they should work hard for.

You were once first time player, so i was. When you compare what kind of access and PC knowledge we had back then , it is pretty much equal with what you got now with more advanced FM and costumer PC knowledge.

To keep it simple, we had same step learning curve , like they do have now, despite game being more advanced now, since we had way less access to anything.Good tutorial should suffice to give them decent head start.But won't give them magic knowledge or ability to win everything first year. For that , they should work hard for.

Essentially what you, and a lot of other, seem to be forgetting is its a game! ie fun!

The game was never so complicated to work through and master back in the days when i started!

Essentially what you, and a lot of other, seem to be forgetting is its a game! ie fun!

More complicated = more challenge = more fun for me, and it looks like for bigger part of the FM population right now.

I will leave FIFA manager to casuals, since i don't like simple and mind numbingly boring games.That's why i am playing this , not Spore or Sims. :)

I agree its challenging but im doing fine! Without the aid of downloading tactics/tips etc. But getting back to the OP, would you pay 30 quid for what is essentially a data update? No? Then SEGA/SI's funds for staff and others to develop new features in the future is severely jeapordised! And i, for one, would rather have a new release every year and wait for a patch than skip one out in the vague hope its perfect! After all, there is no such thing as perfect bug free software!

A game can be challenging without being overly complicated. And no, FM09 is nowhere near the best of the series - there are far too many small and large issues.

If SI aren't going to get the game finished until Feb/March, they might as well release the full game then instead of rushing out a bungled attempt in November.

If you people think that no one will buy "just a data update and fixes" - how many people buy Fifa and Pes each year?

If you people think that no one will buy "just a data update and fixes" - how many people buy Fifa and Pes each year?

A lot, but that also requires patches! I think FIFA has had 4 "updates" on my PS3 since release! Its the same for PES, Windows, anything really! The internet has made it easy to release patches, therefore cutting costs on staff doing testing etc!

I've also played FM for 15+ years starting on the Amiga with (I think) the second CM released (The one with Mark Collis and Ferrah Orosco at Cambridge! :D).

I found the game difficult (maybe because I was about 9) but I perservered and mastered the game. I mastered every version after that until FM07. FM08 was a mixed bag with me acheiving some success but it was never guarenteed. FM09 is just an exercise in frustration. I've tried several versions of my own tactic, several downloaded tactics from T&TT forums and still nothing. The tactical interface (ie, sliders) is abysmal and is far too outdated for the match engine. SI simply need to overhaul it and think of a way to make the interface more accessible to everyone. This isn't about difficulty as such, it's about the player being able to express their tactical instructions in a consistent manner that the match engine can understand.

Currently, the game seems to take my instructions, completely misunderstand them and make my team play the same way regardless. :-/

A lot, but that also requires patches! I think FIFA has had 4 "updates" on my PS3 since release! Its the same for PES, Windows, anything really! The internet has made it easy to release patches, therefore cutting costs on staff doing testing etc!

Yes but they're also released on a strict deadline, all three games could benefit from an extra few months of testing and exterminating.

I think they should go through every single feature one at a time from the most to the least important and fix all the problems and the niggles. That way if they fix the most important first (match engine?) then they can restructure the other stuff as required as they go along.

There does however need to be something in the way of new features for each edition, how else would you advertise the game attractively?

I think they should go through every single feature one at a time from the most to the least important and fix all the problems and the niggles. That way if they fix the most important first (match engine?) then they can restructure the other stuff as required as they go along.

There does however need to be something in the way of new features for each edition, how else would you advertise the game attractively?

"All new tactical interface, new transfer system, revamped manager ai"

It's not a stretch tbh.

The 3d isn't really a new "feature" - its just a new way of watching the match engine. A new tactical interface would be exactly the same.

Archived