If Football Manager 2009 was a woman...

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football Manager IS a relationship with a woman.

When I was younger all that was required of me was a few simple tasks and the cute CM2 would be happy. There wasn't much to the relationship, but I enjoyed it and it didn't take much effort to get a good return.

As I got older I noticed a change. FM started to change shape. It had extra features that I really enjoyed, without knowing exactly why. At one stage it suddenly was all I could think about, I do anything it took to spend more time with it and even though I didn't quite understand everything I was doing, I think I was doing ok as I was definitely enjoying it.

Nowadays Fm is ...complicated. I still find it very attractive and I still spend as much time as possible with it. But I have started to notice that sometimes FM makes a change just to keep me interested. FM definitely blows hot and cold with me, everything can be going great, then one day suddenly what I'm doing is completely wrong, for no obvious reason. FM doesn't tell me exactly what is wrong and I just have to keep trying things until something works.

I'm sure my relationship with FM used to be so much easy than this and at times now, I'm not even sure if I'm enjoying it anymore. But for some reason I stay with FM and every now and then I can still get some great times from it.

I can't make any guarantees, but unless FM get's a ridiculous face-lift or starts behaving completely out of character. I can see myself staying with FM until the day I die.

PS All joking aside I really do love FM.

When I was younger all that was required of me was a few simple tasks and the cute CM2 would be happy. There wasn't much to the relationship, but I enjoyed it and it didn't take much effort to get a good return.

As I got older I noticed a change. FM started to change shape. It had extra features that I really enjoyed, without knowing exactly why. At one stage it suddenly was all I could think about, I do anything it took to spend more time with it and even though I didn't quite understand everything I was doing, I think I was doing ok as I was definitely enjoying it.

Nowadays Fm is ...complicated. I still find it very attractive and I still spend as much time as possible with it. But I have started to notice that sometimes FM makes a change just to keep me interested. FM definitely blows hot and cold with me, everything can be going great, then one day suddenly what I'm doing is completely wrong, for no obvious reason. FM doesn't tell me exactly what is wrong and I just have to keep trying things until something works.

I'm sure my relationship with FM used to be so much easy than this and at times now, I'm not even sure if I'm enjoying it anymore. But for some reason I stay with FM and every now and then I can still get some great times from it.

I can't make any guarantees, but unless FM get's a ridiculous face-lift or starts behaving completely out of character. I can see myself staying with FM until the day I die.

That is the most emotional post I've read for a while. Nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Its all true though:cool: There are days when she leavings feeliing tired and emotional plus days where you wonder why you bothered opening your laptop at all:confused:

No, FM is like a woman because all you want to do is just rip open the box and score score score, but she makes you fiddle about protection!

Brilliant! And once you've opened the box you've got to do things in the right way to get the best results otherwise you get sacked!

Just take our advice kid and stick to FM and the forums and chatting about women rather than actually going near any for a few years! Plenty of time for that when you're older.

:D, yes, plus at the moment i am a hairball so that will keep me out of harms way for a while. And before you ask I meant on my head.

Just take our advice kid and stick to FM and the forums and chatting about women rather than actually going near any for a few years! Plenty of time for that when you're older.

Peter-evo, Definitely listen to the Law_Man. You shouldn't even be in training with the women yet. Enjoy your care-free, self-centred time now as it'll soon disappear!

You obviously went Steam when the smart lads were doing Unilock ;)

LOL! Actually after lots of early training ground scuffles, I recognised the signs and the tactics that I should be using and never looked back! (I actually used Unilock not Steam which says alot!)

LOL! Actually after lots of early training ground scuffles, I recognised the signs and the tactics that I should be using and never looked back! (I actually used Unilock not Steam which says alot!)

If the woman is very defensive, you've got to use a less direct approach, slow the tempo down, reduce defensive line, and work the openings.

If the woman is more offensive, all you need to do is be man enough to stand up to the onslaught, trade a few blows, and do her on the counter.

If the woman is very defensive, you've got to use a less direct approach, slow the tempo down, reduce defensive line, and work the openings.

If the woman is more offensive, all you need to do is be man enough to stand up to the onslaught, trade a few blows, and do her on the counter.

Superb!

Yes I agree, if she's tight at the back then you've got to do lots of probing, wait for a slip and then open her up and get into the gap!

If she going for you all guns blazing then you can sit back and take what she's got knowing that she'll leave herself wide-open at the back sooner or later!

Superb!

Yes I agree, if she's tight at the back then you've got to do lots of probing, wait for a slip and then open her up and get into the gap!

If she going for you all guns blazing then you can sit back and take what she's got knowing that she'll leave herself wide-open at the back sooner or later!

This is getting steadily worse :p

I might leave and check back later

Superb!

Mate, if she's going for you all guns blazing she's almost definitely wide-open at the back! ;)

Mate, if she's going for you all guns blazing she's almost definitely wide-open at the back! ;)

LMAO! What are we like, we're going to corrupt peter-evo! I'm sitting here laughing in a relatively quiet office and people are looking at me like I'm mad!

LMAO! What are we like, we're going to corrupt peter-evo! I'm sitting here laughing in a relatively quiet office and people are looking at me like I'm mad!

Haha same here! I think he's already corrupted though in fairness, he did start the thread, and one last year too!

Edit: just realised you're a Manc..... :thdn:;) haha

haha so when you say "before we were good" you're forgetting the Best, Charlton, Law etc era!? :p

No, not at all. What I'd have done to see Edwards, Best, Charlton and Law (to name a few) play but they were before my time. Let's face it I was nearly 20 before we became good again!

Oh dear this is getting steadily worse......

I too keep getting some strange looks from the other people in work 2day!!

FM 2009 Is like a woman because you can tell the relationship isnt going to last and your going to end up replacing her with a new and more challening relationship?

At least once a year!

Oh dear this is getting steadily worse......

I too keep getting some strange looks from the other people in work 2day!!

FM 2009 Is like a woman because you can tell the relationship isnt going to last and your going to end up replacing her with a new and more challening relationship?

True, read my post from page 1 (Post #60)

Archived