FM Genie Scout WORK with 8.0.2 patch

youle007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tieio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

I think it would be better if SI wrote a FM Scout program for us and ship it with the game, it would save alot of community angst that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May as well just make CA and PA visible in the game if they did this. Doesn't sound so good now does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They already provide a data editor, I see no reason why they couldn't provide separate scouting program as well. It's up to the user if they want to use it or not, just like the editing program.

Nygreen did the original CM/FM Scout and Greame Kelly did the original CM Editor, now they work for SI. It seems logical to me that SI start providing a Scouting program seeing as they have the skills and knowledge there to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, maybe the reason for not publishing a scout is to recruit some new ppl to the team icon_biggrin.gif Maybe we will see Genie in FM team next year? ehehe

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chocapik:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golynohana:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peppe12:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golynohana:

I resigned as manager, as peppe12 suggested, this didn't work for me, but then I retired, saved my game and this time fmscout loaded my game successfully!

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

!!!!! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone of those who still can't make it work have tried this solution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried it and it doesn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likewise for me. I get this message:

---------------------------

FM Genie Scout 2008 limited beta 2

Error Loading Entity Number: 1194

File Position: 12346691

Database Version: 1143

Person Data seems to be corrupt.

Please make sure you have the last Scout version.

If you're sure and you still have the problem, please do the following:

1) make a screenshot file of the error message;

2) save the dump file named like 'db_bXX_TFMClass_XXXXX_EFileCorruptError.dat'

(located in the Scout directory);

3) either send both files to my e-mail or attach them to a message in the forum.

Thank you for the cooperation.

RelType: 102.

OK

Вчера, 12:26 #136

Genie

Покровитель читеров

РегиÑтрациÑ: 20.06.2007

Genie тихонÑ

Ð Ñ Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ¾Ð³Ð¾ не крыл, а Ñел и переделал Ñкаут под новый фм, благо, времени доÑтаточно Ñвободного было. Было бы оно ÑÐµÐ¹Ñ‡Ð°Ñ - занималÑÑ Ð± Ñкаутом, а так у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð½Ð° отдых времени практичеÑки нет

http://fmukraine.org.ua/forum/showthread.php?p=8310#post8310

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peppe12:

Genie

Покровитель читеров

Genie тихонÑ

Ð Ñ Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ¾Ð³Ð¾ не крыл, а Ñел и переделал Ñкаут под новый фм, благо, времени доÑтаточно Ñвободного было. Было бы оно ÑÐµÐ¹Ñ‡Ð°Ñ - занималÑÑ Ð± Ñкаутом, а так у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð½Ð° отдых времени практичеÑки нет

http://fmukraine.org.ua/forum/showthread.php?p=8310#post8310 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that icon_biggrin.gif

Genie

Покровитель читеров

Genie тихонÑ

http://fmukraine.org.ua/forum/showthread.php?p=8310#post8310 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yesterday, 12:26 #136 Genie Promoter chiterov Registration: 20.06.2007 Reports: 98 Genie tikhonya And I covered nobody, but sat down and did skaut under new fm, blessing, time is enough free it was. There would be it now - zanimalsya б skautom, and so for me on rest of time it is not practically </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got that off a random translation site so not sure on accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

it's quite unpredictable

it stopped working for me

...and after some time it's able to load the very same file and the very same game

i don't think it has anything to do with the file size, resigning managers or regens etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marseille07:

What's wrong with it? People like you better understand that Genie has no OBLIGATION to create the editor, NONE. Don't assume he somehow has to keep releasing the editor forever.

And yes, I like his editor and I would like that he creates one for 08. But at the same time I know he has no obligation and that I am not irritated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how about the people who donated after Genie encouraged them to do so? Seems to me once he said all donations are welcome he done a runner.

Just my observations as I dont use Genie or Mini Scout icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breaker:

I knew it would stop working so I used it to find the best scouts, which I now use in game to find the best players. Problem solved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Em. No it isn't. The best scouts in the game are still not that good and they won't find you that 15 year old Brazillian with a PA of 198.

At some points db data or structure gets changed/corrupted (call it what you like).

The trick is to save regarly and load in FMGenie to see it's still ok.

But don't create a friendly cup thats always a certain corruption.

So imo fmgenie 08 not working is part FM08 devs fault and not overcoming that problem with a more flexable(or ignoring/deleting faulty data) upon loading a savegame in genie the reason why no final version is coming.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sitruc03:

So looks like this has basically turned into another Genie-bashing thread, but I thought I might let you all know that I've been using Genie successfully since the beta first came out, and here is how I do it...

1. Go to Preferences in FM and make sure 'Compress Save Games' is unchecked.

2. While you are playing your game, save it as two different files, say Arsenal_1 and Arsenal_2, but not at the same time. For example, I usually save the game as Arsenal_1 before a match, and then I save it as Arsenal_2 before the next match.

3. Make sure to check that the most recent save file still loads in Genie before saving to the other file.

That's basically it. I have a theory that all those XML errors are due to a regen somehow not being properly created. So as long as you keep rotating thru at least two save files and checking them in Genie each time, you can use it. It kinda sucks, but it really only takes 30 seconds or so.

One more note: Game size DOES matter, but not as much as people seem to think. For example, I have a game that is in 2010, and is running 36 leagues (19 playable) and a huge database, and Genie still works. I've found that more leagues than that is too much for Genie. Also, some countries just don't work for Genie because they start with an error or something. I'm pretty sure Ireland is one. So if you start a fresh game and Genie doesn't work right off the bat, change some of your league settings.

These are the leagues I picked... they seem to work because I've started 3 games like this...

USA (MLS), Austria (Prem), Belgium (2nd and up), Bulgaria ('A' only), Czech Rep (1st), England (BSN/BSS and up), France (Ligue 2 and up), Germany (2nd and up), Greece (Super), Israel (Prem), Italy (B and up), Holland (Prem), Poland (1st), Portugal (Bwin Liga), Romania (1st), Russia (Prem), Scotland (3rd and up), Spain (1st), Switz (Super), Turkey (Prem), Ukraine (High), Serbia (Super), Argentina (Prem), Brazil (1st). And of those I've got England, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy as playable.

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you get it to actually work? do i need to start a new game? i saved on a different file and the same problem persisted

I am tired of seeing this thread been posted in already.

There is no fix. Understood?

Once your file size gets to its limit, its game over. File size > 100 mb I think but it can be anything.

So stop posting to this thread and just let it die. Everyone just needs to know that Genie Scout only works if your file size is smaller than the maximum.

So just pick a single league and you can play using genie scout for many seasons.

Topic closed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leinad:

I am tired of seeing this thread been posted in already.

There is no fix. Understood?

Once your file size gets to its limit, its game over. File size > 100 mb I think but it can be anything.

So stop posting to this thread and just let it die. Everyone just needs to know that Genie Scout only works if your file size is smaller than the maximum.

So just pick a single league and you can play using genie scout for many seasons.

Topic closed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In correct but never mind. Had it well beyond 100mb at one point. You just need to keep checking it. The most common reasons are 1) a regen created that program cant read, 2) Something happens to non-player data that cant be read - common one being notes, 3) the irish leagues are running - for some reason this appears to always mess genie up

In many ways it a good thing. Means I am not tempted to use a scout program, so play more akin to what the game should icon_smile.gif

There is something that usually also messes up geanie scout - to send players to reserve team for a period of time ("until match fit", "for a week"). If this is the problem though, you can easily work around it, by saving/retiring your manager/saving under other different name/opening this other save in genie scout/go back to your save game.

Some other errors though resist this "retiring" technique, so the game eventually becomes unreadable.

Archived