SI are becoming a joke

I just dont understand people who moan and moan and moan about games needing a patch or two here and there.

Games that DONT need patches are, for the large part, very 'simple' games (EG shooting, racing, adventure games.) - Please note - I use the word 'simple' in regards to the complexity of the events, not the difficulty of individual games.

There have been many 'vastly complex' games with 'game breaking issues' - but until something like this - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/eve_online_update_danger/ - happens to FM, then I wont complain.

1) the game is playable out of the box (just so long as you dont load serie C)

2) the game was IMPROVED vastly the day of release with the patch (unless you have a mac)

3) If you have a SPECIFIC issue with the game go to the bugs forum and report it.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't buy it. No I'm not explaining it again, because people try and hijack the thread and accuse me of piracy because they can't counter arguments sensibly. Suffice to say i have a legal copy but didn't spend any money on it myself.

SI made promises that things would be fixed in 9.1 that were not even addressed. That's disgraceful.

People like GavinZac need to stop pretending to be a moderator, now please. I saw you give some dreadful advice in another thread about a laptop that was just flat out wrong, and could have influenced someone in spending a lot of money on something they wouldn't be happy with.

That and its downright annoying when self-righteous zealots like to tell people what they can and cannot say about something they've bought.

Then allow others to voice their opinions without making yourself out to be 'above' everyone else!

Im not making myself out to be like, if thats how you interprite it then its your bad! Everyone has a right to an opinion, and i will keep giving my opinion without offending anyone and using swearing.

Do you pay for that sky? This is going somewhere, i promise!
I didn't buy it. No I'm not explaining it again, because people try and hijack the thread and accuse me of piracy because they can't counter arguments sensibly. Suffice to say i have a legal copy but didn't spend any money on it myself.

SI made promises that things would be fixed in 9.1 that were not even addressed. That's disgraceful.

People like GavinZac need to stop pretending to be a moderator, now please. I saw you give some dreadful advice in another thread about a laptop that was just flat out wrong, and could have influenced someone in spending a lot of money on something they wouldn't be happy with.

That and its downright annoying when self-righteous zealots like to tell people what they can and cannot say about something they've bought.

Here here,agree with everything you said (Y)

Im not making myself out to be like, if thats how you interprite it then its your bad! Everyone has a right to an opinion, and i will keep giving my opinion without offending anyone and using swearing.

You're not giving an opinion though, you're quoting the rules and accusing people of breaking them.

used to pay for sky a few years back yes,but financial reasons i quit after 12 months,ok now i'm intrigued,spill the beans at where this is going ?

Was just going to say that something like sky, or similar things that people enjoy, are hugely more expensive than FM! 30 quid, is not a lot of money for the potential hours of playing time to be had!

Was just going to say that something like sky, or similar things that people enjoy, are hugely more expensive than FM! 30 quid, is not a lot of money for the potential hours of playing time to be had!
Don't get me wrong,i'm loving the game,always have and always will,if that was your point ? if it wern''t your point then i'm lost lol and also tired

Or play any matches to notice the injuries? Or play with Intel chips? Etc etc..

1) I played for 2 seasons with the injury bug because steam claimed to have patched my game and it was all uptodate - but infact it had done bugger all.

So yes - i played 2 seasons with lots of injuries - it was still very playable especially as it affected all teams equally, not just the human players team.

2) Now that is a different story - ALL games have issues with certain chips or computer set ups. IF you had ever seen the fury on the civilization boards when they switched over to 3D.... that barely worked on any lap tops at all!

My sky doesn't crash at a certain time of the day, then refuse to work past that time

Don't get me wrong,i'm loving the game,always have and always will,if that was your point ? if it wern''t your point then i'm lost lol and also tired

Was just talking from a cost perspective, 30 quid a year compared to a lot of other pastimes/hobbies or whatever is not a lot!

Was just talking from a cost perspective, 30 quid a year compared to a lot of other pastimes/hobbies or whatever is not a lot!
I see your point,and valid aswell

sorry for the double quote...i'm a nugget (please don't agree as i have 2 big dogs that are hungry)

You never had a thunderstorm when you were watching then?

Ah, i didn't realise the crash on the 24th July was due to thunderstorms. My bad.

I think you're making me stray from my original point. These bugs are being fixed in patches. All good. My point was leave the modding up to the mods and let people say what they want without being sarcastic and patronising

Ah, i didn't realise the crash on the 24th July was due to thunderstorms. My bad.

I think you're making me stray from my original point. These bugs are being fixed in patches. All good. My point was leave the modding up to the mods and let people say what they want without being sarcastic and patronising

No - but if you call up sky and say 'my sky box isnt working' they wont tell you 'hang on, we will just give you a bigger dish so next time there is a storm it wont be as badly effected.

On the other hand SI have said - we realise there is an issue, we screwed up, we will fix it.

I see your point,and valid aswell

Thanks for your understanding! And to continue my sky comparison (although nothing to do with you taylorsmen) when sky+ first came out that was practically useless, the box kept crashing and all sorts! Eventually though, with constructive feedback from people, it was sorted and is now one of the most popular home systems of all!

1) I played for 2 seasons with the injury bug because steam claimed to have patched my game and it was all uptodate - but infact it had done bugger all.

So yes - i played 2 seasons with lots of injuries - it was still very playable especially as it affected all teams equally, not just the human players team.

If you can play it with loads of injuries then well done. It's not playable like that for the majority so no point trying to argue it is

No - but if you call up sky and say 'my sky box isnt working' they wont tell you 'hang on, we will just give you a bigger dish so next time there is a storm it wont be as badly effected.

On the other hand SI have said - we realise there is an issue, we screwed up, we will fix it.

Why don't you read all my post?

Comparing an act of nature, something that's not likely to happen involving a thunderstorm and a sky dish to a crash that happens 100% if an Italian league is loaded is ridiculous

If you can play it with loads of injuries then well done. It's not playable like that for the majority so no point trying to argue it is

But thats just not true. Sure you could get (And I did get) 12 players injured at one time - but so did the opposition, I started using some younger players and so did the oposition.

The serie C bug is game ending - the injury bug was unbelievably annoying but NOT game breaking.

Why don't you read all my post?

Comparing an act of nature, something that's not likely to happen involving a thunderstorm and a sky dish to a crash that happens 100% if an Italian league is loaded is ridiculous

erm - but thats not the case - it doesnt happen to everyone if you load serie C - only in some cases.

But thats just not true. Sure you could get (And I did get) 12 players injured at one time - but so did the opposition, I started using some younger players and so did the oposition.

The serie C bug is game ending - the injury bug was unbelievably annoying but NOT game breaking.

I would call having 90% of your first team, as well as 90% of every ai teams players out injured game breaking. Unless you don't care about realism, at which point you would be happy playing CM with its thousands of headers and hundreds of throw ins every game.

I would call having 90% of your first team, as well as 90% of every ai teams players out injured game breaking. Unless you don't care about realism, at which point you would be happy playing CM with its thousands of headers and hundreds of throw ins every game.

Even after playing for 2 seasons the worst I ever saw was 12 injuries to my senior team.

Obviously I didnt see everyone elses game, but it really wasnt as severe as people make out (Based on my two seasons of playing it like that)

Ok, well it does for alot of people.

But thats kinda the point - it APPEARS to be a lot of people because when something is wrong - you come running here to complain about it. So if you read the forums it looks like everyones game has died - but infact, its a tiny tiny minority of people who whom it has happened.

But thats kinda the point - it APPEARS to be a lot of people because when something is wrong - you come running here to complain about it. So if you read the forums it looks like everyones game has died - but infact, its a tiny tiny minority of people who whom it has happened.

Can't really say that unless you know everyone who doesn't post here.

and none of this "you" either.

Even after playing for 2 seasons the worst I ever saw was 12 injuries to my senior team.

Obviously I didnt see everyone elses game, but it really wasnt as severe as people make out (Based on my two seasons of playing it like that)

Well you're wrong. It was that bad.

Simon resorting to unbelievably stupid posts now because he doesn't know how to defend the game any more. Sad.

Can't really say that unless you know everyone who doesn't post here.

and none of this "you" either.

I cant help the fact that there is no plural form of 'you' in the english language. I would hasen to add that my use of the word 'you' is used in the majorative fashion to encompase all people who come here, you 'you' singluar.

That said - there are 40,000 or something similar users here - and to be quite frank, a tiny tiny tiny proportion of them have complained about the serie C crash. - so thats fairly indicative as to the actual size of the issue.

Wakers, I dont need to defend the game! Like i said before, use your feet, dont buy it! My post wasn't stupid, it was playing on facts by the way! If someone said some constructive criticism rather than jumping on the "we hate SI bandwagon" a lot more would get sorted!

^ take a look at the freezing thread. 5 pages of dxdiag reports and complaints there - Si are still fobbing us off with the same "fixes" (they don't work) they were giving us when the demo was released.

I didn't buy it. I've stated that already, and im not going into it less more stupid people make stupid posts about me not being allowed an opinion.

And i have tried to help SI fix quite a few bugs in this release, however they've now basically stopped responding (not this thread) or fobbed us off with fixes that don't work and never will work.

Archived