Bendter or Vela

Playing Arsenal with Adebayor as a phenomenal target man up front and Bendter backing him up doing a good job. However Vela will come off loan this summer and this seems the time to make a decision between the two to back up Adebayor. I know both are held in high regard here. So who should I keep, Bendter or Vela?

If you're just heading into season 2, then send Vela back out on loan for a season. He becomes excellent but unless he's had a phenomenol season on loan and developed a lot, chances are he will just a little short of being good enough to back up Adebayor. He's still better than most but Bendtner would be more suitable for atleast another season. So send Vela on loan and when he comes back after yet another season, you can take a call.

If you play with only 1 upfront, Bendtner is a better option. But selling Vela is pointless as you wont find too many better. He's versatile too so you can always give him games in your squad.

Keep hold of both.

Bendtner is the perfect long-term replacement for Adebayor and he won't get unhappy as being back-up for a few seasons.

As for Vela, again.. becomes amazing, don't sell him. When i played as Arsenal i used him primarily as an AML (With F-Arrow to the ST position) whilst he was younger. He did fantastic here.

Well, they often say strikers are better with a little less teamwork. Think about it, the best predatory strikers are greedy buggers, thats why they score so many goals icon_smile.gif

Although, its prob not repped in FM. Probably a bit too obscure lol.

I'm in 2012 and Vela is a much better player than Bendtner so I sold him in the summer. Bendtner often had dry patches without goals whereas Vela never did and is more creative. If your playing for the long run sell Bendtner and keep Vela

Archived