[FM24] - I Havre a bone to pick with you

The "you" here of course being the evil oil-fueled juggernaut that is PSG.

And the "I" being the oldest club in France, Le Havre AC, as also me personally as I have some history with PSG in France over the years.

The past few times I tried to overhaul the mighty Parisians has been with cross-town neighbors Paris FC and the farthest I got was a second place finish and a Coupe de France. The last save ended out of frustration of getting distinctly average youth intakes year after year, so in this year's edition the chosen choice of club is one with a rich history of producing potential stars.

Le_Havre_AC_logo_svg.png.60bf851bfb9831c0fb9efe45ddc4e6ec.png

(A personal note - this is my first proper FM save in a very long time indeed, in fact I have been totally off the forums for months now. My wife & me were blessed with twins around 10 months ago, which obviously meant game time came to a bit of a standstill. I was still foolishly optimistic enough to buy the game when it released, but now with work finally freeing up a bit I have decided to give it a go and return to probably my favorite league in FM - France).

On reading up a bit about them, Le Havre seem like a wonderful club to manage. A good young squad, rich history of producing talent, lovely new(ish) stadium, just got promoted to the top division. In their long history they have still never won Ligue 1, so the challenge will be to eventually correct that. 

The idea is to lean heavily on the academy over the course of this save, and transfer wise to try and unearth gems in Africa as well as other French speaking countries. These will be more loose guidelines rather than rules though.

Desktop_2324_UK_L1_Havre_badge.thumb.jpg.153818d999c8e5bc77c39db42b98f4e0.jpg

Boom.jpg.cf9cf71bf7d57416b4804bd355244d76.jpg

Without further ado, it's time to get started. Former club legend Jean-Alain Boumsong is the main to take the reigns at Le Havre on 1st January 2024, with the club firmly embroiled in a relegation battle in Ligue 1. I have fond memories of watching him and Titus Bramble masquerading as defenders during their Newcastle days, hopefully he will be able to put up a more solid defense as a manager.

about.jpg.ff5810fd59afc8d0654138e3c045b1d3.jpg

The club has good facilities overall but finances aren't in the best shape. Squad looks good enough easily to stay in the division, so that will be the first aim.