Changing FM24 Default Font

What would be the quickest way to change the default font of FM24?

I know I would need to have a Fonts folder inside the Skin Name Folder, would it be as simple as copying the regular and bold version (of below font) and renaming it to something that matches the default? I did find an old guide that referred to FM18, but it didn't work - assume the default font name has maybe changed.

This is the Font I would like to use: https://brailleinstitute.org/freefont

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, rootcoors said:

I know I would need to have a Fonts folder inside the Skin Name Folder, would it be as simple as copying the regular and bold version (of below font) and renaming it to something that matches the default? I did find an old guide that referred to FM18, but it didn't work - assume the default font name has maybe changed.

Thanks.

extract the title and text file from the default skin and change the used font inside them

then add them to your font folder and you should be good

1 hour ago, rootcoors said:

Thanks.

default font GT-America-Standard
in fm18 default font proximanova

GT-America-Standard-Black.ttf
GT-America-Standard-Bold.ttf
GT-America-Standard-Light.ttf
GT-America-Standard-Regular.ttf

Changed all the files to include the font name of that downloaded Font... the font does not show in game.

Don't think the game likes the font or something. I also tried copying the full fonts file into a few skins and none of those skins show the font either.

I've attached my fonts folder as a zip - all looks good to me, so its a strange one.

fonts.zip

The easiest way (for me) was to just copy my selected fonts in regular, bold and black versions to the skin folder/fonts and rename all three font files to GT-America-Standard-Black and bold/regular. So, I didn't have to change all the fonts...

34 minutes ago, keysi said:

The easiest way (for me) was to just copy my selected fonts in regular, bold and black versions to the skin folder/fonts and rename all three font files to GT-America-Standard-Black and bold/regular. So, I didn't have to change all the fonts...

Thanks.

Just tried doing this using the base skin and then your skin too and neither Skin displays the font.

Have you known a font not be compatable before?

image.png.606e64714c7d11fab2a41676b31bdf4d.png

5 minutes ago, rootcoors said:

Thanks.

Just tried doing this using the base skin and then your skin too and neither Skin displays the font.

Have you known a font not be compatable before?

image.png.606e64714c7d11fab2a41676b31bdf4d.png

go to preferences untick used caching for faster loading

clar the cache lower left corner on the reset cog

then reload the skin.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

go to preferences untick used caching for faster loading

clar the cache lower left corner on the reset cog

then reload the skin.

Thanks for replying.

I always have used cache for faster loading off, however, I moved the old fonts back and worked out where clear cache was and the reload skin button.

Have then moved the new fonts in (with the game still open) and completed what you said above - Clear Cache, Reload Skin - All works now.

Thanks so much, I did think about clearing and reloading but had no clue how without being able to see things - who knew you could copy fonts in and then do that with the game running.

All perfect now - thanks again, appreciate it.

image.png.3673a25155533e823d083c6cd0947551.png

Edited by rootcoors
Additional Info

11 minutes ago, rootcoors said:

Thanks for replying.

Not sure how to do that without being able to read anything?

Revert the font back to what it was and do one at a time, something somewhere has gone wrong and instead of trying to solve everything at one time, do little by little.

and i didnt get the thought that you lost the text, just that it didnt update. which it has, just without anything. :) 

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

Revert the font back to what it was and do one at a time, something somewhere has gone wrong and instead of trying to solve everything at one time, do little by little.

and i didnt get the thought that you lost the text, just that it didnt update. which it has, just without anything. :) 

Thanks - I was editing my post above as you sent in this reply.

All is sorted now.

• I always have use cache for faster loading off, however, I closed the game, moved the old fonts back in, reloaded and worked out where clear cache was and the reload skin button.
  • I then moved the new fonts in (with the game still open) and completed what you said above - Clear Cache, Reload Skin - All works now.
  • For good measure I closed the game (new fonts still inside skin fonts folder), opened the game and completed the Clear Cache, Reload Skin again and the dont is stll there.

Thanks so much for guiding me, I did think about clearing and reloading but had no clue how without being able to see things - who knew you could copy fonts in and then do that with the game still running.

6 minutes ago, rootcoors said:

Thanks - I was editing my post above as you sent in this reply.

All is sorted now.

• I always have use cache for faster loading off, however, I closed the game, moved the old fonts back in, reloaded and worked out where clear cache was and the reload skin button.
  • I then moved the new fonts in (with the game still open) and completed what you said above - Clear Cache, Reload Skin - All works now.
  • For good measure I closed the game (new fonts still inside skin fonts folder), opened the game and completed the Clear Cache, Reload Skin again and the dont is stll there.

Thanks so much for guiding me, I did think about clearing and reloading but had no clue how without being able to see things - who knew you could copy fonts in and then do that with the game still running.

Actually I am not sure it is using the new font - I am not entitely sure what is going on.

The new font a zero as a line though it (so 0 with a line though), example here.

image.png.b199a531cf4aad76bb87e58c2097f50a.png

But where a zero is shown its there without a line through it.

image.png.38755e593f18e09e29b732b791d30a2e.png

I'm very confused - its like its still using Rensie fonts - even though the new font is in the font folder.

image.png.8bc319de341f69477ad8d710aa2f7afb.png

I need a little help too please. I've got the font I want and know how to rename each text file in the fonts folder, but where do I add the actual font files please?

20 minutes ago, DaveHouto said:

I need a little help too please. I've got the font I want and know how to rename each text file in the fonts folder, but where do I add the actual font files please?

skins/skinname/fonts

Posted (edited)

Can anyone shed any light?

I know it’s a big ask, but if anyone could try that font and make it work, or indeed confirm it doesn’t that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. 

Edited by rootcoors

In Rensie skin the "default" font have another name i guess.
But one thing that i have to do one this with the same font that you post to make it work:
Use the font with the .otf and then convert it to .ttf
Works for me.
Not at home atm but i can share it with you if you want.
DM me.

1 hour ago, PequenoGenio said:

But one thing that i have to do one this with the same font that you post to make it work:
Works for me.
DM me.

This would be amazing. Thanks.

I will DM you now.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Works for me.
DM me.

This worked perfectly - thanks for suggeting it.

I converted the .otf font into .ttf (instead of using the .ttf that was provided), using an online converor.

Renamed them as follows:

• Atkinson-Hyperlegible-Regular-102 > GT-America-Standard-Regular
  • Atkinson-Hyperlegible-Bold-102 > GT-America-Standard-Bold
  • Atkinson-Hyperlegible-Bold-102 > GT-America-Standard-Black

I then copied these 3x filers into the font folder of the Rensie Skin, loaded up FM and the font is working.

image.png.8db95935ed0939b0f665a609d6761746.png

Edited by rootcoors