How have your youth intakes been?

Mine have been excellent since I started in league 2, always had one or two I could use and 2 world class players in 17 seasons, those 2 actually came before I focused on upgrading all of the youth stuff. This is my latest, since I however don´t really know what you guys get it´s hard to do a comparable estimation.

Youth intake.jpg

Im getting about 1-2 possible elite talents per class, 4 star PA guys, with potential to reach 5

about 4-5 good not great type players, 3 star PA potential. And the rest are JAG’s. (Just another guy). 

im signing about 7-8 of them per season

4 hours ago, Dadecane said:

Im getting about 1-2 possible elite talents per class, 4 star PA guys, with potential to reach 5

about 4-5 good not great type players, 3 star PA potential. And the rest are JAG’s. (Just another guy). 

im signing about 7-8 of them per season

So, mine seems normal compared to yours, nice to know. I have always wondered how those Portuguese clubs keep making one wonderkid after the other. I think I have bought 7 or 8 players from Porto in 17 seasons.

I had some pretty good ones in my Basel save, they have a good Youth setup though.

My ones in my Croatia save were not as good, but then again their setup was below average.

My current Romanian save it's been decent, no world class players yet but some good ones.

8 hours ago, AurioDK said:

So, mine seems normal compared to yours, nice to know. I have always wondered how those Portuguese clubs keep making one wonderkid after the other. I think I have bought 7 or 8 players from Porto in 17 seasons.

Well i imagine the youth facilities, training and recruitment matters. For example at the clun I manage all those things are rated 2.5-3 stars. And thats the talent I get. If I was rated 5-star in the 3 depts I imagine id be hauling in even more talent

26 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Well i imagine the youth facilities, training and recruitment matters. For example at the clun I manage all those things are rated 2.5-3 stars. And thats the talent I get. If I was rated 5-star in the 3 depts I imagine id be hauling in even more talent

This. The OP’s question is pretty meaningless, since it depends on these variables, your Head of Youth Development and more.

On 16/12/2023 at 13:45, AurioDK said:

Mine have been excellent since I started in league 2, always had one or two I could use and 2 world class players in 17 seasons, those 2 actually came before I focused on upgrading all of the youth stuff. This is my latest, since I however don´t really know what you guys get it´s hard to do a comparable estimation.

Youth intake.jpg

how many leagues do you have loaded and how many players did you start in the initial database?

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

how many leagues do you have loaded and how many players did you start in the initial database?

The 5 major leagues + Scotland/Holland and England Div 2.  That´s 8 in total + the English sub leagues. Medium database.

Major leagues: Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, France

Edited by AurioDK

19 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

The 5 major leagues + Scotland/Holland and England Div 2.  That´s 8 in total + the English sub leagues. Medium database.

Major leagues: Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, France

Makes sense then. You'll probably have some really concentrated youth intakes so the game world can keep up with the right number of player talents. At least that's my understanding of how it works roughly.

I carried over a save from FM23. Previously I’d had several intakes that ranged from very good to outstanding. But my first one in FM24 was very mediocre and the most recent was awful. Wondering if some aspect of recruitment was tweaked for 24.