Unemployment duration

Been without a team for some time on my save. What is the longest pepole have been without a club on one save ??? Wandering whether to start new save or carry on?

Edited by Brad0026

If you start with sunday experience and no badges, this is what you can select:

• England: Vanarama South/North
  • Northern-Ireland
  • Belgium: lowest leagues
  • Sweden: Lowest Leagues
  • Chile: Second league
  • South-Africa
  • South-east Asia as a whole

It's possible Eastern-Europe will have options, but I've never tried it. Moreover, you need a monster of a CPU to handle all of the mentioned leagues, since it also counts the ones above them. There is also the question of what settings you have. If you start unemployed, in July there are only few spots available for you. The southern hemisphere has been going on for 6 months, so you'd depend on someone getting sacked there. When September hits, you'd have to wait for November/December, since then the northern hemisphere gets the sacking ritual.  

2 hours ago, jyny said:

Totally depends on your game set up. If you don't have a mix of leagues with varying reputations, you will struggle to attract interest if your reputation is very low.

I was also just wandering what’s the longest period of time pepole have been unemployed

7 hours ago, Brad0026 said:

I was also just wandering what’s the longest period of time pepole have been unemployed

I've gone a few months on past saves. I'd say the longest was about six.  Thats with offers though, just ones I wasn't interested in. 

How long have you been without a team?

I've gone a year or two on older versions.  I made the mistake of starting in a league higher than my starting reputation and after being sacked a few months.  Unfortunately I didn't have any lower rep leagues loaded so it took a while

20 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

Moreover, you need a monster of a CPU to handle all of the mentioned leagues, since it also counts the ones above them.

What do you consider a monster of a cpu? I’m running more leagues than that quite quickly and I’d consider my cpu a bit out of date.

1 hour ago, priority76 said:

What do you consider a monster of a cpu? I’m running more leagues than that quite quickly and I’d consider my cpu a bit out of date.

Anything post 2020 can be considered good, especially if you go for the upper markets ones. An older laptop already struggles with these, such as mine. Surely, it 'works' but it depends how much of patience you have. Hence, the advice to remove leagues when they're no longer needed. 

If you really want to go for a journeyman, the top 5 is basically mandatory, you'll need to lower hanging fruit leagues. Perhaps some in the middle, but that together will be 125k of player base, which the game doesn't recommend for some reason. 

Just now, Brasilia88 said:

Anything post 2020 can be considered good, especially if you go for the upper markets ones. An older laptop already struggles with these, such as mine. Surely, it 'works' but it depends how much of patience you have. Hence, the advice to remove leagues when they're no longer needed. 

If you really want to go for a journeyman, the top 5 is basically mandatory, you'll need to lower hanging fruit leagues. Perhaps some in the middle, but that together will be 125k of player base, which the game doesn't recommend for some reason. 

Interesting.  My cpu is late 2018 and no complaints about the speed.  I have 116,000 players in 20 countries though only 7 have more than one tier.  I am planning an upgrade soon though not sure how necessary it is as FM is pretty much the only thing I play.

i have problem. AFter patch 24.2 i started a new save unemployed as always. Took semi-pro exp and national c licensee. I can't get any interviews at all. it's november and nothing. Applied to all teams

Before patch i received a lot with the same leagues...

Anyone has the same issue?