The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Cisse's RUUUUUUUUUUBBISH

Fletch however is awesome. But I didn't think he had a great game today. Seemed hugely lacking in confidence in his own half, misplacing a few passes in silly areas and his touch was poor on occasion. Did do pretty well going forward though tbf to him. He can't have been helped by having JOS alongside him either - don't let the brilliant goal and a couple of decent passes fool you, JOS looked as out of place as ever in midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows again how good anyone can look if they're edited properly. icon_biggrin.gif He looked excellent on the highlights on ITV. Whether he was generally not great, he certainly did quite a few good things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I was a little harsh on him. He certainly got better as the game went on, took his goal brilliantly and played quite a few impressive passes but the number of times he was caught dallying in possession or misplaced simple passes early on was awful.

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heron:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

We seem to be being linked very strongly with Nigel De Jong at Ajax as well, he's out of contract in the summer. He'd be an ace signing icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Dutch television had an item yesterday that Ajax won't be playing the players with expiring contracts if they refuse to sign a new deal. Apparently De Jong has to decide within a few weeks wether he wants to sign. So he might be sold this january, or leave free for us icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news icon14.gif

He looks like the identikit signing at the minute - young (only 20 iirc?), cheap, versatile and very good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Where can I get a match program from last night icon_frown.gif

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to have one ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a place on the corner near the Bishop's Blaize before all the kebab shops start that do all old programs, fanzines etc they will most likely have one, if they don't then you can probably order one of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where can I get a match program from last night

I'm sure WH Smiths sell the most recent United Reviews as well.

Really glad I went last night, thought the tributes to bestie were fantastic especially singing "We all live in a george best world" for 15/20 minutes solid. Anyone notice that they have put the george best banner what was on the pitch prior to kick off on the Stretfor end tier 2 with the rest of the banners. Though Meek was a odd choice to speak but others were probably too emotional, especially Nobby Stilles who I have been told was comforted by Gary Neville after minutes silence.

Thought performance was good, we just have to keep winning games and confidence will flow back through the team. Only player I thought didn't have a good game was Richardson, thought he was caught out of position way too many times. I was actually really impressed with both Pique (who played well in CM) and Richard Jones, thought the later especially had a good game and passed the ball well. Noteable mentions go to Park icon_smile.gif, Saha & The OTF golden boy Rossi icon_cool.gif.

Looks like a good turn out by you guys on saturday blimey!

Also if there are any spares going for any away trips in the near future let me know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Where can I get a match program from last night icon_frown.gif

I've got one you can have. I found it on the bus last night icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Cisse's RUUUUUUUUUUBBISH

Fletch however is awesome. But I didn't think he had a great game today. Seemed hugely lacking in confidence in his own half, misplacing a few passes in silly areas and his touch was poor on occasion. Did do pretty well going forward though tbf to him. He can't have been helped by having JOS alongside him either - don't let the brilliant goal and a couple of decent passes fool you, JOS looked as out of place as ever in midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows again how good anyone can look if they're edited properly. icon_biggrin.gif He looked excellent on the highlights on ITV. Whether he was generally not great, he certainly did quite a few good things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I was a little harsh on him. He certainly got better as the game went on, took his goal brilliantly and played quite a few impressive passes but the number of times he was caught dallying in possession or misplaced simple passes early on was awful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Nick, i didn't specify. I was talking about Fletch. But like i said, you can never judge it properly off the highlights.

Football365 letter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

In Defence Of Darren Fletcher (Really!)

I'd like to do what the great many would prob deem unthinkable and defend Dazza Fletcher. Perhaps it was the degree of anti-football played by West Brom last night, but I thought Darren had a great game, among others, and I feel that the criticism directed his way, with such venom and occasionally humour attached (yes it makes me laugh too) is harsh, to put it lightly.

As a Scot, I see a different player when he plays for Scotland. At ManYoo, he doesnt exhibit the same confidence, well, some of the time, but at times, he looks efficient, he looks good. His passing and crossing was excellent last night. For Scotland, the Star Status he is afforded seems to inspire him, perhaps with roles reversed (he must produce the brilliance which the anti-footballing rest of the Scotland team counteract to such devestating effect, thus threatening the stability of the universe...etc...)

Anyway, point is, Fletch is young, he's talented, he's got the vision of Scholes, the strength of Rooney, the feet of Giggs, the tackling ability of Keane, hes an all round midfielder, with the potential to be great, thus, I simply fail to understand what all the terrible criticism is about. In time, he'll be a £20 million midfield general, and he'll lift the European Cup, I've got no doubt.

So lay off Dazza. Idiots. Nuff Said.

Iain Grant

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'll be out by then too icon_frown.gif

Coach leaves at 12:30pm, will have to leave home at 11ish as I have something to deal with first.

Roll call for Saturday so far:

BBB

Billymanutdfan & his mate

Coldberg

James?

Keyser

Mika & his friend

Nick

That it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how the flying **** can you miss the guy buying the ****ing beer of the list ffs icon_mad.gif

BTW Martins turn next icon_wink.gif

I can't believe I spend all this time time banging the Fletcher drum in the face of so many doubters, and then when everyone finally seems to concur that he had a good game, I come in and say he was poor /o\ icon_frown.gif

Contrary to what byebecks was told about Ian Brown, a letter to Red News....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just wanted to tell you a little info about my Saturday night. I went to Brixton Academy to watch Ian Brown with some mates for a friends 30th Birthday. It was very good starting with Wanna Be Adored and smiles breaking out all round for a big singalong!

Must admit I can't remember THAT much due to the state I'd got in by the time he came on (midnight) but the one memory that is clear as day was a break in between tracks. Instead of the usual banter or monkey noises, all that came from Ian Brown's mic was...

"And number one, was Georgie Best. And number two, was Georgie Best..."

From where I was standing it sounded like most of the academy joined in and carried the song on as he broke into a track, can't remember which one as I was busy singing georgie at the top of my voice with two blokes next to me. When we finished, I asked these two blokes if they were reds, but they said no. Still they were singing for George at the top of their voices!

Well done Mr Brown. No other mention of the great man from him all night, but that said it all! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'll be out by then too icon_frown.gif

Coach leaves at 12:30pm, will have to leave home at 11ish as I have something to deal with first.

Roll call for Saturday so far:

BBB

Coldberg

James?

Keyser

Mika & his friend

Nick

That it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how the flying **** can you miss the guy buying the ****ing beer of the list ffs icon_mad.gif

BTW Martins turn next icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remembered you when I was walking to Uni (where I'm posting from now), but as I don't drink beer it was an easy mistake /o\

So...

Bagpuss

BBB

Coldberg

James?

Mika & his friend

Nick

Is the revised list, with more who I don't know probably, who could add themselves icon14.gif

Oh and as asking people for a date for the much delayed League Cup quiz never gets anywhere, I'm going to impose one icon_cool.gif How does Monday 12th December sound?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How does Monday 12th December sound? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. Though I must warn people that I'll be very drunk after celebrating my 23rd birthday during the day.

Alas, tis my manager's leaving do on the 12th icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

I was going to do the 11th but we play Everton then don't we? icon_biggrin.gif

Well any time after my exams finish on the 8th is fine by me icon_smile.gif

And Dom, I'll be online tonight hopefully, you winning last night wfffffffb for me as it meant I didn't miss out on FM \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

I was merely exploiting a loop-hope in the cease-fire icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cisse-fire icon_cool.gif

And Dom, I'll be online tonight hopefully, you winning last night wfffffffb for me as it meant I didn't miss out on FM \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get online now ffs icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

And Dom, I'll be online tonight hopefully, you winning last night wfffffffb for me as it meant I didn't miss out on FM \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get online now ffs icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at the library at my Uni doing my sodding essay /o\

Only been here 2hrs and my head is killing /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knox:

Lovely... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats wrong with that when the money is going to charity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It wasn't when it was listed (and the rest)... suspect it's a bit of a porky.

I was at the game last night and thought the tribute to George Best was great. Lost 3-1 but didn't mind because I got to see that.

I have had the George Best song stuck in my head all day icon_biggrin.gif

Can't believe the team you picked, I thought we were going to have a chance! I didn't actually think we were that bad with the ball, but we couldn't defend at all when you attacked with pace

We all live in a Georgie Best world, a Georgie Best world.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll take a Birmingham spare please icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just save your money for the beers you'll be buying at the everton game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I like how I have no choice icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teach you too advertise me buying beers and it'll be Nicks turn next so stop complaing

and another matter you not responding to my texts fag boy

I've had my phone off for the last couple of days. I'll have a look now!

Everton it is then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick can buy them for the thing in the text icon_wink.gif

hahahaha, yeah, cost a fair wad though, I'm trying to get on MSN but no joy ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol excuses excuses

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I feel dirty. I've been given an Official United Advent Calendar.

I'm going to say 'Die Glazer Die' when I eat each chocolate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who got you that?

Archived