The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

We're through the looking glass here, people. Imagine what it'd be like when Fergie leaves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us would be more pleased, although that'll depend whether Carlos is named as replacement.

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

where are my blank discs ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gone icon_biggrin.gif sorry, I gave some of them to my mate who sorted my dad a pc icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

And James has the Alice costume </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean you're the rabbit again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

gone icon_biggrin.gif sorry, I gave some of them to my mate who sorted my dad a pc icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

gone icon_biggrin.gif sorry, I gave some of them to my mate who sorted my dad a pc icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Foobs, I can make it up to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [68] A good source tell us

Friday, November 18, 2005

that Keane did tell the players he was leaving yesterday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [65] Fergie on new signings

before the big row...

"We're thinking about it all the time to be honest. There's nothing to report at the moment but we're working away. The most important thing to do is assess and look around; our scouts are all working hard." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even more interesting...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [60] Ronaldo set to be cleared

from Sporting life

'Manchester United midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo is set to be cleared over allegations that he raped a woman in a hotel suite, according to a report.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) is expected to announce "within days" that there is insufficient evidence to prosecute the Portugal international winger, London's Evening Standard said.

The CPS insisted that no final decision had been made on whether or not to bring charges in relation to the case.

Ronaldo, 20, was questioned for several hours over the allegations last month after voluntarily attending a police station in Manchester.

The star told police officers he was completely innocent and he was bailed to return pending further inquiries.

Initially, two women made an allegation of rape, claiming that Ronaldo and another man took them back to a penthouse suite in the Sanderson Hotel in London on October 2 after they met at a nightspot.

One of the women later withdrew her allegations.

A CPS spokeswoman said its lawyers were continuing to review the case in relation to allegations by one woman and that no final decision had been reached.

A decision is not thought to be likely before next week at the earliest.

A Scotland Yard spokesman added: "We can confirm a file has been sent to the CPS and we await their decision." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About time \o/\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Roy Keane 1993-2005

True Legend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do make it look like he's dead but still icon14.gif

Does the testimonial have a date? I'd like to go if I'm in the country.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

it is most likely his position within the club had become untenable, and a few players had voiced their opinion on what was said, and the aftermath, leaving the club in the position where it had no choice but to act. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why act NOW though? surely it would have been more logical to act before the international break to give everything a chance to settle down before the next game, as it is this will have caused quite a lot of disruption for tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

what wicom said.

the timing is just bizarre. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That just shows that it was in no way planned. It's one or both of Fergie and Keane blowing up over something, probably contract, captaincy or both, and neither being willing enough to compromise to salvage something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

what wicom said.

the timing is just bizarre. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That just shows that it was in no way planned. It's one or both of Fergie and Keane blowing up over something, probably contract, captaincy or both, and neither being willing enough to compromise to salvage something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's kinda what i meant.

maybe the real depth of the players feelings on the matter wasn't apparent until it had had time to fester for a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was at 9am, the beginning of a long, hectic and tumultuous day. As the rest of Ferguson's players began their preparations for today's game against Charlton Athletic, Keane put his bag in the dressing room, walked up the stairs and knocked on Ferguson's door. United had summoned him the previous night, along with his solicitor Michael Kennedy. Keane had known for two days that he would not be offered a new contract when his present deal expired at the end of the season and now he was about to find out why.

The meeting quickly degenerated into a furious row. Ferguson did not mince his words, accusing Keane of mutinous and unforgivable behaviour. The subject of Keane's now-infamous MUTV interview was brought up. Ferguson made it clear he regardedthe Irishman's criticisms of his team-mates as treacherous. Critically he is then understood to have told Keane he would not continue as captain.

Keane listened at first, bristled with indignation and then returned fire. Backed into a corner, his response was not too dissimilar to his infamous parting shot at Mick McCarthy before walking out of the Republic of Ireland's World Cup squad: "Stick it up yer ********."

He believed Ferguson was humiliating him and made it clear, in his inimitable style, that he was not willing to stay another day. He was also livid about being pulled out of a reserve game on Thursday night when he thought he was fit enough to play. At 9.20am he stormed out. Kennedy was instructed to sort out the pay-off.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from the Guardian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

It's times like these that the Sanctuary is worth the money. The papers tomorrow are going to be a VERY interesting read, and RI's going to be pretty explosive on Tuesday.

Easy to forget we have a game tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Nick so right, shame the lanky arse doesn't pay for it eh!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

SSN interviewing some chap in Dublin who doesn't think he can be bothered coming over for the game on Tuesday now Keano's gone \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably due to the spin the Irish Media are putting on the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably due to the fact that an awful lot of Irish United fans are clueless twonks.

(Not me of course, I'm super. And elmonzo and Full Collapse ofc)

Just to cheer everyone up, DJ Snipersdream 'ave bin doin a bit of producin'. Bo.

Teh OTF Crew - Marky G in da place

Marky G in da place, banging the tunes thats in ya face. Hitting the space with bass. In a race to catch some plaice, don't get rude, tie up your lace! Shut up dude, or I'll spray you with mace. So don't get in a mood, or i'll break your face. And I'll put your mate Ruud in a brace. I'll put you in a pig in space. So just step out of the race, cos Marky G is in da place.

Big up to the Stockport massive. icon14.gif

So, if Roy does have a testimonial, will you go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, didn't Roy have some very choice comments to make in the past about overpaid players screwing more cash out of the fans through testimonials?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

SSN interviewing some chap in Dublin who doesn't think he can be bothered coming over for the game on Tuesday now Keano's gone \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably due to the spin the Irish Media are putting on the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably due to the fact that an awful lot of Irish United fans are clueless twonks.

(Not me of course, I'm super. And elmonzo and Full Collapse ofc) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jayz - how d'ye know I support United? icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway - it's about 90% Finn Harps in terms of support, have seen the light in supporting your local club over foreign clubs \o/

Hopefully that percentage won't decrease since the eL season has ended icon_frown.gif

Anyway what I came in here for :

Has Phreaky been in here recently?

Was becoming quite a good user, t'was funny as well icon_frown.gif. Perhaps he might do a mark g and return \o/

Oh and is Jones a box-to-box type midfielder or a holding one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the fact that you stroll in here every 50 pages or so, demanding to know where the next round-up is. Typical fairweather Irish United fan icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the fact that you stroll in here every 50 pages or so, demanding to know where the next round-up is. Typical fairweather Irish United fan icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh icon_biggrin.gif.

The things people'll do to get in the round-up icon_wink.gif

Anyway I've never been to a United match and I don't think I intend to.

So, if Roy does have a testimonial, will you go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I'd love to and I'd probably prefer it to most of other matches United will play this or next season assuming the testimonial will be at the end of this season?

Archived