Can SI managed club go bankrupt?

Im wondering - can SI managed clubs go banktupt, went to lower leagues as a punishment or sth like this?

In my save Barcelona is in a massive debt, Thay get comissionary board and after faew weeks in game they're magically fixed. Thy went from -700kk to +14kk in 2 months. This is the way game handling this situation always?

Cheers

Clubs can't go tits up.

I played around with the editor in FM23, putting clubs in enormous debt, only for them to be bailed out a few weeks later. I could give a lower league club a billion Euros of debt a few times in a row, they'd still get bailed out.

Am 27.11.2023 um 18:49 schrieb Prej:

Clubs can't go tits up.

I played around with the editor in FM23, putting clubs in enormous debt, only for them to be bailed out a few weeks later. I could give a lower league club a billion Euros of debt a few times in a row, they'd still get bailed out.

That makes me remember my one Season in the one EA FIFA Manager, when i won the DFB Cup as Tier 5 Club (german Oberliga).

When i got promoted into Oberliga (i allways started in Kreisliga A which is the lowest possible league and make the promotion journey with a club i created) and searched for players it came to be that one club had gone belly up for debt and bancrupt.

That club got a points penalty of afair minus 9 points, stopped to participate on the matches and had to sell of all players or let go free for unable to fulfill contract.

Five of them still had no contract at the end of the transfer period and finally gave in to play for my club and i got players good enough for 2.Bundesliga and honestly i did bet my Clubs future on the success bcs it was financially way over my head!

My club would go bancrupt after 2 seasons not getting promoted or selling of one of these players with a huge transfer income (which in that game was possible unlike SI FM where you get peanuts to nothing as lower tier club).

But i got an axis of well overpowered players for the league i played in from GK, Defender, 2 Midfielders to a Striker (and as allways having a very good GK and a very good Striker does wonders if the Team between them is willing to put up the effort to not lose games as they then do the saves and score the scores that make all the difference!).

Then i came to the DFB Cup and i dont remember the results but ended up with a stroke of luck in the Olympiastadion where the Cup Final is played and won that thing against a 2.Bundesliga Cliub who also managed to sneak into the Final.

That was worth several million Euros and my finances were very healthy after that.

In SI FM we will never have that kind of Drama where ones downfall is the other ones ladder to a title - not in that constellation at least with a club of such a low tier.

Edited by Etebaer

It's probably for the same reason that real players never get bad personalities - bad PR and legal threats. 

If SI allowed clubs to go bankrupt as a result of bad management (which is what always causes it), it's a statement of sorts about the way a club is run.

Sure, they could make it random, but if you're managing a club and doing really well and all of a sudden because your club was randomly chosen to be #3 on the list to go bankrupt when you started the game, that's your save ruined. And you can't go back to an earlier save. 

I get that it's about realism, but in the game clubs at lower levels can drop out of the leagues really quickly once the finances get out of control. It's just big clubs where that doesn't really happen (any more; it used to happen quite often), and I'd argue that's realistic. Taking England as an example, there have been no 'big' clubs dropping multiple divisions in the last 20 years except Leeds. Every other example involves a medium-sized club with delusions of grandeur. A club like Man City isn't going to go bust in real life.